VI

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 6
 
Twenty minutes later, Daehyun walked out of the stable’s showers, hair towel dried and dripping slightly. The lad bashfully thought to his own introverted nature peeking through. A little smell didn’t matter to him, he just didn’t know how to deal with meeting Anna’s mother as well as using her bathroom.

Summer sandals hit baked earth as his eye brows furrowed from the brightness outside. The sat atop a muddy quad bike with wispy locks gleaming in the summer sun. “Can you ride, boy?”

“I could race you on a horse” he smirked.

“Adapting to the country life a little too quickly now aren’t we?” the angel smirked.

“It’s not like we don’t have horses in Fortune City,” he scoffed. “Riding is just expensive”

A displeased tut left rose lips. “I’ll give your expensive a ride this time”

“My own chauffer service. I could get used to this, but not the filth” Daehyun partly joked. Spreading his towel on the back seat to save his clothes the lad mounted the bike and slipped his helmet on.

“Hold on tight” she called as she revved up the engine, the loud hum of the bike made the boy hold the girl’s shoulder for dear life as they raced ahead. His heart pounded as the dauntless girl under his hands let out a free-spirited laugh sounded along with the engine. “Open your eyes, boy”.

Taking heed of the girl’s words Daehyun’s eyelids drew back. To his sides vast green rows of different sizes plants whizzed by, dotted with red, green and yellow vegetables. Anna said something about aubergine just as he noticed the colour peek from under a leaf. The city boy marvelled at grapefruit clouds on the sun dance yellow skies. He took in the valley where the farm sat, the dancing colours of sunset turning the bright grassy hills into a dark lush green.

It was hard to listen to the girl’s narration as the sky and earth enamoured him but he still did his best to focus. Passing the chicken coup with stories of failed chicken captures, hearing something about a tube well when passing the corn crops and finally the animal barn with minor introduction to everyone including Steve the pig.

Anna’s phone rang with Bubble Pop as her ringtone earning a snicker from Daehyun. A few murmured words later, cold fingers curled around Daheyun’s wrist.

“We’re late”