XII

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 13
 
The drive back was silent. Lunch was quiet from Anna’s side but Daehyun didn’t question it. Mr.Kwon told Daehyun to call it a day since he’d be working with the cattle tomorrow. Anna had retreated into her room, and Daehyun knew the bike was fine to use.

A hot shower in the stables did the trick for his muscles but his mind was not as ease. Fear and Pain all too familiar to his own mirrored him today. He had escaped the city for everything foreign, but it seems life is chasing after him. He needed to keep his head together, he’s just a farm hand. The Kwon’s are kind enough to have let him stay and give him a job.

Life need not mess up the good things in life. And it already was with the pretty images in life

A towel sat around his shoulders collecting droplets of water from his hair as he walked back to the barn. Daehyun stopped in his tracks, he had left the door of the barn shut. Carefully opening the barn door to see the angelic girl rubbing her clothed arm, the boy took notice of her change in demeanour and outfit. Diminished confidence and worn linen in her back, the girl looked up with wary eyes. “I’m sorry about that, they’re-…it’s complicated.” Her voice quietened.

“So there are romantic feelings involved.” The lad voiced, moving to the railing to hang his towel. “What can this love expert help you with today?”

“Huh? Uhm, how do I say this…If I’m Belle, he’s Gaston.”

“You shouldn’t put Gaston to shame like that. Gaston’s barbaric, but he isn’t a bully to Belle.” A smile began to creep up on the pairs’ faces.

“Only to her Dad, and everyone else, including his best friend.” Daehyun could hear the grin in her voice.

“If you need me, I’ll be here.” The lad spoke with folded arms, eyes on the angel’s face. “I’ve never played knight before, but I can help with everything else.” He continued, and the boys nerves settled as he saw emotions flicker through her eyes.

“Thanks,” she smiled, pure and true. “For not asking too many questions”

“Can I ask one?”

“Is it personal?”

“I don’t know.” He c=shrugged. “Would you consider a request to work on your mural a personal request?”

“You have a very roundabout way of saying things. Let’s go upstairs!”