XVI

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg
Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 16
 
A few turns later the pair had reached their destination a small street lined with shops the lad could count with a single hand. “This is town? So much for variety.” The lad scoffed.

“This place is the biggest close by, city boy” the angel protests, her hair dancing in the breeze. “Look, a department stores.” She pointed out to the building she walked towards.

“How can I help you- Anna! Does your father know you have a boyfriend?”

“I wouldn’t stretch it that far Beatrice” Anna cut off the girl. “Let’s go, show me the books you were talking about.”

“Men’s section is over there,” Beatrice called before being pulled away by Anna. Fingers raked through hangers on the racks, it was either too tacky or too old for his taste. A rack of a somewhat pricey clothes piqued his interest, this was the kind of fabric the lad needed. Picking clothes to try along with shoes, the lad called over a sales assistant. A bearded man smiled as he sauntered over, observing the lad and his choices.

“Do men wear suits to church or is it just formal?” the lad asked. A rush of emotions passed the man’s eyes before he smiled.

“Well, you’re going to pray to God, aren’t you?” the man began. “People like to present themselves to Lord in their best. For some men it’s a suit, for others it’s just a clean outfit.” With a nod the man left, and Daehyun knew what he’d be wearing to church tomorrow.

Trudging through the store with a basket in hand something shiny caught the lad’s eyes. From a white box gleamed a simple silver necklace with a single crystal pendent. The simplicity and elegance of the jewellery had the boy hooked, it was everything the boy wasn’t – pure. Snapping the box lid to a soft close he decided this necklace would be his little secret, along with the little skip in his heartbeat at the thought the angel in mind.