III

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter Three
 
“You’re awake” her soft accented voice came out with a smile although her steps were cautious as her flip-flops slapped the earth.

She’s real, I wasn’t hallucinating. Daehyun thought to himself as she neared him.

“Sit down boy, your head was boiling out there.” She patted she spot on the couch beside herself.

Thank you for bringing me here” Daehyun thanked her. “Is this your place?”

“Thank my old man, he’ll be here in a few. This is just a little corner of mine.” she smiled before handing the tray to Daehyun. Peeling the fabric off the tray his eyes relished the sight of a lemon meringue pie with fresh berries beside the treat, accompanied with a tall glass of juice. A wet pink muscle swiped across his chapped lower lip as he forked some pie into his mouth. The tart lemon filling danced on his taste buds accompanied with the sweetness of the meringue and crunch of the pie base.

Food, glorious food. Heaven on a plate. “Did you make this?”

“I could never be so skilled” She laughed lightly. “Relax, the pie’s not going anywhere” she soothed and bought a bottle of water to the boy. The barn door opened up again tearing the attention of both as a chubby man clad in gumboots and a straw hat strode in.

“Anna, didn’t I tell you to stay away from him?” the man thundered in his heavily accented voice. Daehyun kept his ground, and placed the tray in the space between the girl and himself. Hands fiddled together as the man pulled out a chair and sat across from the boy. “Young man, I’m going to need answers.”

Daehyun’s warm brown orbs met the man’s steely gaze. “I will answer all questions you have, sir. It’s the least I could do for you saving my life.” The lad smiled.