XXVI

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 26
 
Habitually awake on time this Monday, a smile ghosted Daehyun’s face as he looked at the angel asleep. Haerin had revealed she wanted to stay with him, but the boy had sensed fear in her tone.

Time was necessary to heal, time was necessary to reveal.

Worry struck parents who hadn’t seen their lone daughter since last night met the boy at the breakfast table. The tensely sad atmosphere was broken by Daehyun. “Can I have some food on a tray, please?”

“Aren’t you joining us here for lunch?” Mrs Kwon spoke softly.

“I am, but Anna isn’t. She’s in the barn, safe and sound.”

“FOR CHRIST’S SAKE WHY DIDN’T YOU TELL US BEFORE!-”. This reaction was precisely why he didn’t tell the pair last night, especially Mr.Kwon.

“Because she’s too scared to come home.” A tense air fell around Daehyun as the pair glared at him. “These were her own words last night, after she woke up form a nightmare.” Mrs.Kwon placed a hand on her hand on her irate husband’s fist, prodding the boy to reveal what the pair did last night in a voice as calm as possible. “Anna came in and worked on the mural, but I never thought I’d see her so distressed. I don’t know what happened that scared her this much, but she cried and fell asleep in the barn. I woke up because she screamed from a nightmare. She said she wanted to stay a while because she’s scared to come home. I know the barn is her safe space, it’s only right that I give her that space.”

Mrs.Kwons’ expression was one of disbelief. “She cried? In front of you?”

“She did.” The lad met their gazes. Daehyun couldn’t lie, his eyes would speak the truth if his words didn’t.

“Plate up a tray for food, we need a trip to the barn after breakfast.” And with that Mr kwon had dismissed all breakfast conversation.

The barn door creaks open, and three pairs of eyes settle on Anna’s sleeping form. Heading in first, Daehyun gently rouses her awake and is greeted with her adorable dazed expression. “Your parents wanted to see you, are you feeling any better?”

Curling into him the angel shook her head and whispered “Please, please tell them to go. I can’t go home, not yet.”s

“Anna, my child-”

“Dae please tell Daddy to leave. He can’t see me like this.” She shook her head, hiding her hands behind her back.

“What can’t they see?” he pushed quietly. The lad turned his body to face her, using a single digit under her chin he lifted her head to face him “Anna, look at me. What are you hiding behind your back.”