XXV

Summer in Shed 6
 
Capture_zps6nmae6v2.jpg Summer In Shed 6
Chapter 25
 
“How dare you let me fall for you when you’re going to forget me and leave.” The angel confesses, tears b her doe eyes. “All my life I’ve had no one to call a friend. And here you are literally walking into life, making me so happy…” choking up on her words, Daehyun sees a whole new side to the girl before him. “But you’re going to go, and I’m going to be all alone again. Do you know how scary it is to be alone?”

“Yes, as a matter of fact, I do.” He doesn’t fear bearing the same fragility as her, this was their safe place. “It’s okay, we can face this fear together.”

“But you have to go…” lips curled into a pout and stray tears rolled down rosy cheeks. Soft footsetps that padded down the stairs stopped, and what came next freed him. “I love you, Dae. But I’m scared. So so scared.” She whispered.

“I’ll fight whatever is scaring you. And I’ll be right here,” he called, halting the girl in her path.

Tears rolled down her cheeks as she questioned the strange boy she came to fancy, “Why don’t you just leave and make things easier for me?”

“I don’t know what tomorrow holds, but that shouldn’t stop anyone from giving life their all. I came to your farm with the clothes on my back and nothing else, but when I leave I’ll have ties to maintain and memories to share. So be my girlfriend, if we don’t last tomorrow at least the good memories will.” The lad held his arms out and the angel stepped into the warm welcoming embrace. The pair stayed there for what seems like hours. Her breath tickled Daehyun’s neck and the lad had to keep reminding himself this wasn’t a dream.

“Thank you, Dae.”

“What for?”

“Asking me to be your girl.” Fragile and on the verge of breaking she sighed into the embrace.

“My utmost pleasure.” That night, the boy learnt what it meant to have inward peace, seeing his girl sleep in his bed under the moonlight. Fingers raking through her hair, she was a mess for now, but she was his.