Doctor

A Change in my Life

I took the test and came out positive. I let go of the pregnancy test. I couldn’t believe it such thing could occur to me. I’m only 21 years old to be a mother.

“I can’t do this” I felt weak and Hyorin help me to sit. I needed a sister and I was thankful Hyorin unnie was by my side.

“My parents are going to kick me out disappointed” I sob and Hyorin unnie hug me.

“Aigoo….don’t worry you’re not alone. I’ll help you with anything you need. You need to let him know” she told me, but I was scared. What if he rejects this and that would hurt more than knowing.

“No he can’t find out. We talk about it and this will ruin all his plans. I can’t tell him” I try to explain it to her , but she insisted to let him know.

“No I said no, I need you to help me” I had an idea and try to calm down.

NOONE POV

Jessica left early to the airport and ignore Jimin messages.

Hyorin was going to go to her place in a month.

Jessica parents received her daughter back and did a welcome back party.

Jessica keep her pregnancy a secret from her family even to her friends.

She always checks to see if her stomach was noticeable, but it was barely a bump.

She used oversized shirt or cardigans on top. She was thankful the weather was cold and rainy. That way it will help her hide her stomach for a little. Hyorin came as promise and Jessica parents welcome her in. Hyorin stayed at Jessica place and talked about their plans.

YOUR POV

I told her more details when she was with me and she comfort me. Although, I had a brother, which I trust, but it be awkward to tell him my problem. My brother will go find him with his friends and I don’t want to get him in trouble. I changed my phone number everything to start all over. One day when my parents were out to my uncle’s house and my brother went on a date. I was going to go to the doctors with Hyorin unnie, but a knock was heard.

I went to get the door and my friends show up. They greet Hyorin unnie with a bear hug and one of them ask.

“Something bad is going on? Spill the beans” Jennie said looking at me mostly.

Hyorin unnie came to my side and put her arm around me telling me “go ahead”

I took a deep breath and said “I think I might be preggo” my friends eyes widen and hug me.

“How? I mean…..with whom?” my donsaeng ask me worried and I felt tears falling. I was sensitive these months. My mom thought, I miss Seoul and I was going through a temporary depression. Whenever we had to eat I woke up after everyone ate, so I can eat what I wanted. Sometimes the food smell made me nauseous and it was hard to hide it from my family. They might find out any moment. Everything was going on.

“Shhh…is okay were here to support you and help in anything you need” Jennie said patting my head cleaning my tears.

“Do your family knows?” my dongsaeng ask me and I shook my head.

“I’m scare they will be disappointed. I don’t know why wait for the doctor test. I mean I feel different and the symptoms are obvious. I shouldn’t have ever met him” I cry harder and my friends hug me back.

After minutes of hugging, I heard Hyorin unnie voice, “we need to know, let’s go to the doctors”  Hyorin unnie said.

We took Jennie car to the doctors.

I was embarrassed to go in and when the doctor asks me for the baby father. Hyorin unnie respond for me thankfully because I couldn’t do it.

The doctor understood and did the test which was positive.

I cried more and unnie grab the paper with the result and went to throw it away in the trash.

“This won’t do, you either tell your parents or you come with me” Hyorin unnie said. We all look at her confused.

“I’ll let you girls have privacy” the doctor sigh and excuse herself.

“Look honey, I feel like I should help you because I see myself in you. Also I know the situation you’re in is not the best. I will go to Singapore to live for a few months then stay in Washington for another month because of work. I’ll be by myself and I need company. If, you want you could be my roommate. Don’t worry I’ll help with the transfer papers for your school. Someone will do the chores for us, so you don’t have to worry about any of that. I want to help you neh? Give me your answer to start moving paperwork for your transfer and done. If you decided to tell your parents, I’ll be by your side. If anything happens I will take you with me. I mean parents will take some time to process when you tell them what happen. So, what is your answer?” Hyorin look at me holding my hand.

I was confused, but telling my parents was definitely a no. I look at my friends and they gave me an encouraging smile.

“Unnie I’ll go with you” Hyorin unnie smile giving me a hug.

“Okay, I’ll do the transfer paperwork with my contacts. You’ll be okay. We need to hide it for a few more months. Right now I can’t tell you’re pregnant and thankfully is winter soon, so we can hide with oversize and thick clothing” Hyorin unnie said relief and she was right.

Next month it will be October, school soon will finish and I’ll have time to move to a new school. Also October was his birthday which I try not to remember. I have to let my parents know I got a scholarship to Singapore and unnie is a student there too that way I’ll be able to go without them being suspicious about it.

My pregnancy can only be seen, if I put tight clothing. Thankfully, it was small and barely visible and thanks to my thick clothing no one notice it.

Unnie left on October and after New Year she came to get me. It was time to move. My parents gave me a hug and cried. I tried not to hug tight scare they might feel the baby bump, but my puffy jacket help me hide it.

My Oppa always look at me suspicious, my family drank on New Year any holiday and they know I drink one at least. The night my Oppa gave me one beer, but I decline. In fact, the smells make me nauseous. Thankfully one of my friends was with me and drank it for me.

Hyorin unnie was the best she took care of me in Singapore even though she was busy.

I talk to my parents once a week or twice to let them know I was fine.

At night I touch my belly wondering what would be like if he knew this baby existed. Would he come back? Would he reject his own baby?

It had been six months already and my belly was growing a healthy baby boy. I just cry when I found out the gender. What if it look exactly like him? cute…..but he will never get to see him.

“Is only us two” I cry myself to sleep.