Hello Seoul

A Change in my Life

YOUR POV

After I left my baby to my mom I went to meet my friend at a café.

“Hey what’s up girly? How you been?” she arrive and sat across me and drink on her coffee.

I smile she hasn’t change at all. She saved me big time during my 21st  birthday.

Something happen on that birthday, which was not supposed to happen. At least not too soon. My other friends support me as well, but we see each other whenever we have time.

 We order a sandwich and chat for a while. Hours later she had leave and I stay by myself. 

It has been three years since I last saw him. Our baby is learning long sentences and is very smart. Sometimes I do wonder how is his life and also my other Oppa life.

Back to five years ago when I was going to turn 21 years old

I beg my parents to let me go to Seoul with my friends. It will be a legendary moment for us. I always wanted to go, because I love Korean culture. My friend introduced me to K-pop. I had been learning Korean for the past two years. I learn, so when I turn 21 I could go and be able to move around without needing translators or help. I’ll be the one representing my friends. My parents were the overprotective type and so as my Oppa. They thought I was too young to travel to a different country. Although, my friends were coming, they still didn’t allow me to go. I understood their worry, but they had to let me go and explore life.  My Oppa talk to my parents and days later they approved. I was happy and told my friends. We already had our bucket list things to do once we arrived to Seoul. We already found the place to stay thanks to my friend.

Finally the day has come where I and my friend leave to Seoul. My parents keep telling me to be careful many times I lost count. I bid see you later and hug my family before getting inside the airplane. My friends did the same with their families.

“Can you believe it? We’re finally going to Seoul. We need to explore a lot. I’m so excited!” my friend squeal and we giggle excited.

“Let’s get some sleep, remember girls is around 16 hours until we arrive” the eldest of my friend told us and she was right.

We talk for a while before sleeping.

Hours passed and my friend wakes me up. I rub my eyes to realize we have arrived safety to Incheon airport.

We took a cab to Hongdae the place my friend book for us to stay. We had to unpack and shower. We were hungry too. A good thing there’s street food open at night, because we arrive around 7: 30pm. After contacting our parents we arrived safe. We got ready to explore the city. The next day Seoul was our plan.

It was fun we went to a lot of places and took pictures for memories. We even went to fan signs our dreams and concerts. Everything was dope and a dream come true.

One day we decided to hit cubs and why not? We were all 21 anyways and we been curious about Seoul clubs. We were having a blast dancing and drinking.

I was a bit tipsy and told my friends “I’ll be back I have to pee” then I went to the restroom.

I fix my make-up and exit the bathroom, but someone grab me by the arm hard. At first, I thought it was one of my friends because she likes to play jokes on us. However, that was not a female strength. I couldn’t see his face clearly because of the club lights blurry my vision. Besides, I was tipsy, and then it hit me it could be a drunken guy.

“Bro let go, you’re hurting my arm” I said trying to sound cool and calm.

This guy pull me close and sniff my neck, then I freak out, I try to push him off me, but is obviously he won. He started to drag me upstairs which led to VIP area or rooms.

WTF! I always told myself in these situations I will kick that , but I was scared. I try to yell but his grip hurt me. Until I heard a bad word and  ‘boom’. I felt light on my body I realize I close my eyes. When I open them the bad guy was on the ground knock out.

“You okay?” I look to a guy who stare at me and feel tears and my eyes. Then he hugs me and I started to cry. For some reason I felt secure in this stranger arms. I don’t know for how long we stay like that.

“Hey, want to sit down?” I nod and he holds my hand and we sat on one of the boots. I had to say it look fancy. I just realized we were in the VIP area. He offers me pink lemonade, but I was shook I drank his drink. He chuckle and pat my head.

“You speak English only?” he ask me and I shook my head and told him in Korean I understand what he’s saying and he mumble something which I have no idea.

“It must have been scary? Stay in a group and don’t wonder around by yourself got it? Are you lost?”  He said looking straight at my eyes. I swear I felt like I would melt in those brown eyes. Even though I was dizzy, he was good looking like those idols on television. I felt shy, after a few drinks I felt sleepy.

“Hey take her” I heard before I pass out.

The next morning I woke up in what it looks hotel.

S**t