Chapter Twenty Four

붉은백합비밀사회⋮ RED LILY SECRET SOCIETY

chapter twenty four

HEADER LEFTHEADER RIGHT

"What do you mean by 'our sister is missing'?!" Luca, the eldest brother of Raven's yelled loudly, demanding to know what Jin meant when he came with Nami and Yoongi with the police to question the brothers. 

"You! Aren't you supposed to be with her?!"Alois, the twin stalks towards Yoongi to grab him by the collar, but Nami got in between them. Shielding the already frightened Yoongi. 

"It is not his duty to remain with her at all times. He is her partner, merely posing as her assistant. Not a bodyguard" Nami stressed the last word, making sure she is loud and clear. Yoongi was taken aback by Nami's action, she was defending him and she never defends anyone except the girls. But the twins'anger got worse, the eldest kicked the nearest object and it was an expensive looking vase that shattered into pieces under his feet. 

"He's right...it's my fault" Yoongi mumbled quietly burying his face in his palms, but Nami and Jin caught it. 

"No, it's no-"

"You're right, it is your fault...you should've never left her side" Jin and Yoongi was shocked by Nami's harsh words, she was completely opposite of how she was a few seconds ago.

"So you'll work harder and put your 100% focus on finding her. Got it?" It took a minute for Yoongi to realize what was being said, but when he does, he bowed and thanking her for the second chance. Jin let out a breath that he was holding, he is always scared whenever his own younger sister gets angry, but she's always fair to people close to her. 

________________________________________________________________________________________________________

When Nami drove back to the Red house by herself, she sees the guys already arrived at the house. Only the guys and the girls weren't outside. Nami park in front of the stairs like usual and the guys greeted her in a hurry to get to their car.

"Jin called us to the station, the girls are inside" Jimin informs her and that was when Namjoon comes out of the house, looking slightly uncomfortable at the sight of her. 

"H-hey...how are-" Namjoon was completely ignored when she hurried inside, Namjoon was confused but try his best not to take it to heart and go to work. When Nami steps inside the house, Kaze came to her with tray of food. 

"Welcome back, ojou. I made you some lunch please eat something" Kaze sounded almost pleading, but Nami brushes him off and went towards the intercom.

"Girls, my office. Now" Nami commanded and turn to walk towards office, only to be block by Kaze. Gesturing the tray of food in his hands, Nami furrowed her brows.

"Kaze, I don't have time for this." Nami grunt, rubbing the bridge of her nose. That's when the girls arrived and saw something was up.

"What happened? are you ok Nami?" Rayna asked, looking at Kaze. Nami shot her butler a warning glare before she shook her head. 

"Nothing. I'm just telling him to grab me some meds for my headache" Nami said, almost sounding like a threat. The girls seems to notice and Bomi flinched at her tone. But Kaze bows and left to get what she asked anyway. The girls quietly and cautiously followed Nami to her office. The way Nami walks was off, it was like she's dragging her feet and ever since the girls came back, she never properly look at them in the eye. 

"Are you...okay?" Rin asked the question everyone wanting to asked. Nami finally look up at them, but look away as soon as she did and sat at her desk, palming her head and nodded. 

"Just tired, but i'm i'll be fine" Nami said, but it wasn't very convincing.

"You look like " Elle said, surprising the girls by her honest comment. But no one denys it, Nami does look awful. The dark circles under her eyes was too visible to ignore and she was way to pale, it made her look sick.

"Yeah...i know, i've been told" Nami admits, laughing weakly. Rayna walks closer to her and put her hand on top of her forehead.

"You have a fever....i knew you'd do this to yourself" Rayna said, Nami slaps her hand away. 

"I said, i'm fine" Nami hissed.

"Have you been eating anything?" Chaeyeon asked, holding up Nami's hand by the wrist. She lost weight, only slightly, but it was obvious for the girls. 

"ugh. Yes.. i did" Nami groaned, rubbing her face with her palms. 

"When the last time you ate?" Rayna asked, almost sounding like a nagging mother.

"This morning." automatically everyone look at the clock on the wall that shows, 3:45PM. Rayna sighs deeply. 

"I'll go get something for you to eat, or else i'll tell your brother" Rayna warns her, Nami just crosses her arm while the girls look at the two in awe. Even after years of knowing Nami, this childish part of her, they'll never get used to. But it reminded them that she's still like them, no matter how much worse she had in the past than the girls. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________

After Rayna forced Nami to eat her late lunch, she was forced to sleep.But she was awake, just after midnight and when she went downstairs. She finds the girls at the dining table, buried in the files of the current case. Rin and Elle was fast asleep while Chaeyeon is nodding off, trying her best to keep awake. Nami made her way to the kitchen to get herself some water from the fridge and the sound of the fridge door jolted the girls up in alertness. 

"Nami you're awake" Rayna finally looks up from the files to aknowledge the leader. When Nami walks over and sat at the end of the table, everyone's attention was on her as if waiting for an order. Nami look through a few files and found the one that she was looking and toss it on the center of the table for everyone to see. It was a file on Raven's disappearance, but with fake information.

"They only able to retrieve a cctv footage, but it only shows Raven went into the bathroom and no one went in nor went out of it, including Raven" Nami's grip on the glass tightened while she kept a composed expression. 

"But we found a suspicious vehicle in parking lot the day she disappeared. We tried to trace the car, it comes out as a stolen car" Just as Nami explained, the front doors and the guys came in, looking all worse than the last they seen them this morning. It took them a minute to notice the girls in the dining area. Nami look at then and noticed that Yoongi and Namjoon isn't with them.

"Where's Namjoon and Yoongi?" Chaeyeon asked, the guys came in and pull out a chair at the table to sit. 

"Yoongi, didn't want to stop searching and Namjoon volunteered to stay and help him" Hoseok explains, frowning when he sees the familiar looking files scattered across the table. Then suddenly Kaze comes from the back in his pajamas, holding gun in his hand. He look as surprised as the guys does. 

"Oh, i thought someone had broken in...my apologies" Kaze apologized to Nami and switch the gun safety on before going back to his room. 

"Does he...sleeps with a gun?" Jungkook asked, obviously terrified.

"Who doesn't?" the girls answered, almost at the same time and it terrifies him more. Out of nowhere, Yami, Raven's black cat jumps onto Nami's lap. Everyone was lost in thought, staring at Yami. Nami scratches Yami behind it's ears, deep in thoughts until she sighs, snapping everyone out of their thoughts.

"Alright, Bomi. Can you track where the car came from and start from there to see if can identify the driver"

"On it" Bomi instantly starts typing on her laptop, then she turns towards Elle, Rin and Rayna.

"Congratulations, we're going to debut as a girlgroup" Nami's words shocks everyone.

"Wait what?!" Jin shouted, Nami grimance at her brother.

"We're going undercover as a girlgroup" 

"But why?" Rayna asked, feeling slightly embarrassed by the thought of being an idol. Sure, she has been undercover as a prostitue and other embarrassing careers, but as a cheery young singers, never.

"I have a hunch that this isn't a syndicate, but we have to find Raven" Nami insist, then she notices Taehyung being anxious, as if he has something to say.

"What's wrong with you?" Rayna asked Taehyung, who hesitantly speaks up.

"You guys know that, you have to sing and dance right? Can any of you girls do that"  Rin covers her heart as if he wounded her, Rayna and Elle seems to be offended.

"No offense"Taehyung added, way too late. 

"My sister can sing, but...her dancing...." Jin says, not sure if he should comment on her dancing or not. Nami clicked her tongue at him.

"Stop underestimating us a go talk to dad about our plan" Nami said shooing him with her hand. 

author's note

 

Here's a little something before the interesting part lol.
Btw i recommend you guys to watch the movie 'The Swindlers' and i think it's one of the best crime movie i've watched.