Chapter Twenty Two

붉은백합비밀사회⋮ RED LILY SECRET SOCIETY

chapter twenty two

HEADER LEFTHEADER RIGHT

By the time they arrived back at the Ryokan, it was dinner time and everyone was gathered in the dining area. "Oh hey, where have you been?" Jin asked when he sees his sister walks in. "Just went to see a friend" Nami said taking a seat at the end between Namjoon and Jin. "What friend?" Jin's tone suddenly sounded cold, Nami senses it but she brushes it off. "Someone who used to be one of us" Nami answered discreetly, taking a sip of tea. "you guys didn't go sight seeing without us....did you?" Bomi asked looking at Nami sadly. "Nahhh we didn't don't worry" Nami convinced her with her rare genuine smile that surprised her and yet feels shy. "alright lets eat" Rayna says picking up her chopsticks, everyone followed.

At the end of dinner, everyone was playing a game of poker with the guys in the living room, except Nami. She was leaning against the wall screen, looking out the window with a book in her hand and a cup of coffee in the other. After Raven declared four of a kind, everyone decided to call it a night. The last ones in the living room was Jin and Chaeyeon who was left to clean up the table. But Jin was glancing at his sister every 5 minutes, and on the 8th times, Nami finally put down her book. "What is it?" Nami asked, letting out an annoyed sigh and somehow it made the two froze. "Well....father called when you were out. He asked us to check your email and come home as soon as we do"Jin said in full professional mode, Nami just nodded and stood up to walk to her room, ushering her brother to follow.


As soon as Jin walks inside the room he was surprised by how messy it was, her clothes are tossed near her bed and her luggage was wide open with more clothes coming out as if the luggage itself vomit. "don't they send room service here?" Jin asked, mixed feeling of disgust and worry. Nami look at her brother and then look around her room, like theres nothing wrong with it. "I don't like strangers going into my room" Nami answered flatly, out of habit due to being her 'guardian' he started picking up the pile of clothes while Nami goes to her laptop and checks her email like he told her to.  She logs into her email and saw one new email from her father with the title 'serial celebrity disappearances'. "Jin-chan, has father told you what it's about?" Nami asked, frowning as she scrolls through the missing celebrities reports, one after another until the last one and that makes it 6 missing celebrities. "Just about two celebrities went missing...that's all he was able to tell me" Jin said picking up the last piece of clothing off the floor and shoves it into her laundry net. "call him and ask if it's a good time to talk" Nami ordered him and Jin raised his brow at her, but Nami was too preoccupied by what she was reading on her laptop. Jin sighs as he took out his phone and dialled their father's number, on the third ring he answered with a grunt. "What is it?" "Dad, is it a good time to talk to you? it's about the email you sent" Jin asked while Nami sets up her skype and calls her father through it after Jin gave her and 'OK'. After two rings, their father appears on the screen. He was still in his suit and in his office, dark circles were evident and Nami felt bad for having a vacation while her father is working nonstop. "Hey, Nami its good to finally see you..are you having fun there?" Mr Kim asked, masking his tiredness with a cheerful smile. "Hey...i'm sorry i didn't call you sooner. It's nice to finally visit back here...thank you" Nami answer with an awkward smile. Jin watches the two talk with a smile, he rarely see his sister talks to her father, other than about work. "Alright, about those emails i sent you. Did you read it all?" Nami nods at her father's question while she waits her printer to print out all the reports. "It says here, that one of a the girls had been found but she has no recollections of what happened." Nami says picking up the first reoprt that was printed out. It was a profile report of a member of a girlgroup and frowned. "But this doesn't seems to be by an organized crime syndicate...." Nami said crossing her arms and raising a brow at her brother. "Yes...well we're not sure but" "We found an exact candy wrapper in the victims belongings and it has substance of on the wrapper. We suspect it's a serial kidnapping by a drug syndicate" Mr Kim interrupted his son with his own explainations and Nami nods as if agreeing with him. "So you want us to find the girls and find out who distribute the candy?" Nami asked straightening her back and glance at the clock. "Please do...we need you as soon as possible" Mr Kim admitted. "I'll come back with Jin first thing tomorrow to figure out what to do before bringing all of them back. They deserve a break" Nami said, she wasn't asking and her father knew it and agreed.

author's note

 

Hey girls, i hope you all are still reading! Sorry for the long break. I was out of the country for New years and my birthday. Firstly Happy new year girls! I'm back from Hong Kong celebrated my birthday at Disneyland hehe ^^ it was my first time going out of the country! X3 Anyways hope you girls forgive me~ here's the short update ><