Chapter 5

Until You

" When you feel the world is on your shoulder "

 

Jinyoung stare at the wall in his room. The paper that his lecture gave to him was on the table right in front of him. His mind is on a mess. He don't understand why this suddenly happen to him. He's hurt and devastates that he pour all his energy and idea to do his work and now it's all gone. He can't blame anyone, he can't blame mark to do it. He doesn't have any evidence at all. Jinyoung lift his head up when a single tear slide down his cheeks. 

" honey! What does this mean? " he heard his mom voice through the the thin door. " I don't know what to say. If this people win and buy our one and only shop. We could loose everything." his father replied to his mother. From that word came out from his dad mouth, we will loose everything broke jinyoung heart. Jinyoung burst into tears and rest his head on his arm and lay himself on the table. 

" Hello, Um is this Park Jinyoung house " A familiar voice was heard in the living room. Jinyoung who rest himself in the table, quickly stop himself from crying. He wipe his tear away and rush to open his door room. He peek through the little gape he made and saw Mark was standing outside his home. 

" Yeah this is park Jinyoung house, we're his parents! " said his dad " Who are you if I may ask? " he added " I'm Mark, Jinyoung friend from University" Mark declare himself as Jinyoungs friend. " Oh! Can I know what is your occasion coming to out home?" said his dad " I need to talk to Jinyoung if you let me" Both Jinyoung mom and dad were whispering to each other. finally jinyoungs mom went to knock on jinyoung door but see him peeking from his room. " you know this the whole time and not a single movement you want to go out and greet your friend! Did I teach you to be rude" Jinyoung pout at the other side hearing his mom but decide to open the door and greet mark on the outside. 

" Mark what are you doing here, its late " said jinyoung stepping outside the house. His parents already left giving them their time to talk. " I'm just checking on you. You look so down lately during class. I'm just worried. How do you feel now" said Mark. Jinyoung is touch. His heart is move. Never his friend ever ask about his condition. If yes, Jaebum would come to jinyoung house just to eat his mom delicious meal and then hang out.. " Thank you. Very kind of you " Jinyoung manage to crack a smile. " Yeah!! " said Mark scratching his neck " do you have time,like we could go take a walk, show me around the area" Mark suggest. Jinyoung doesn't have to think twice... 

 

" that's the forest which lead to the secret hotspring " Jinyoung spend his time with Mark by telling him every direction the town going in and out. " And this is the stair which lead to the top hill. From there you can see all the city view from there. How great Seoul are" Jinyoung explain. Mark look at the longest stair he ever seen. " do you want to go up " Mark ask. " you kidding me right " said jinyoung widen his eyes. Mark took Jinyoungs hand with him and lead him to the first stair step " oh come on. What could happen! " Mark smile 

 

" I was wrong" Mark breath was in labour. He's resting his on the stair to catch his breath. Jinyoung was a few steps away from Mark and speak louder " You almost made it " jinyoung laugh out loud. When they finally reach the top, Mark was so exhausted and throw himself on the ground. " yeah!!!  I made it" said Mark like winning a marathon. Jinyoung was amuse by Mark. He laugh and said " Congrats to you Mr Tuan, and here's your price" Jinyoung show him the price to Mark. Mark stood up slowly, amaze and breathless not just only seeing the street light and the city light that shine it's way to the top of the hill but also the person who courage him to go up a little bit more before he almost passed out. Jinyoung face reflected the bright of the city light mix with the warm smile he gave makes mark feel home in a foreign country. He felt full, he felt not alone. Mark always filled his time going to party, invite friend or talk with his girlfriend. But since he went for the expedition, he felt alone. Jackson being the life of the Party always talk, amuse every people around him, easily make friend and Mark is one of Jackson friend. When Jackson told him that he will back off on what ever Mark is doing, he felt stuck. He doesn't have anyone to talk with except his girlfriend. The time different always be the disadvantage. 

Now both Jinyoung and Mark rest himself on the bench that already been provide. Both felt relax and calm by the atmosphere. Mark broke the silence when he gave Jinyoung and medium size box on top of his lap. Jinyoung was stun and suprise sat the same time. " what is this? " he said picking it up with a blank face " open in" said Mark couraging jinyoung to open it. Jinyoung debate himself weather to open it or not, at the end he open it and gasp " what is this, what is it for" he in shock " do you like it" said Mark. Jinyoung nod his head " for me right? " said jinyoung always burst into tears " yeah of course it's yours, as a thank you for helping me that day". When Jinyoung heard what Mark said about yesterday, he can help but to feel sad. 

"whats wrong" Mark said in a worries tone. " n-nothing!"  jinyoung said lower his head. Mark reach out and hold Jinyoungs hand " hey,dont think about that incident. If it make you feel better,i can help you with your work of you want to" Jinyoung quickly look up to see Marks face " really " he said feeling glad " Yeah of course " said Mark. He reach the box from jinyoungs hand, he take the item inside and help jinyoung to wear it on the wrist. " There! Doesn't it look perfect on your wrist? " said Mark. Jinyoung manage to giggle " yeah" 

 

" do you remember when I said I wanted to help you with your work? " said Mark " Yeah, you talk about it a few minutes ago before we climb down the stairs. Why? " Jinyoung almost freak out, hes afraid that Mark will take back the offer he made. " well I just wondering maybe you also can make something for me" Mark said showing his perfect teeth covering his nervous feeling. jinyoung was so glad " what is it, anything I can do for you " he said smiling " okay um, you know that the test trial for student on this month. Maybe you can help me by sharing your answer" when Mark stop his sentence Jinyoung widen his eyes in shock why was all in his brain right now " isn't that cheating Mark! No I can't. If you want to pass the test I can help you in another way" Jinyoung said giving Mark the right solution. Mark quickly hold his defence " I know it's a stupid request, I'm sorry. Then let's start like Evey time we have a free time of during ofter lecturing is oven we can work things out, how that. And plus I can help you with your work" said Mark, crossing his finger inside his jacket pocket hoping that Jinyoung will believe him. 

Jinyoung think for a while. He bite his lips when he made a decision. This is an chance he will not reject, beside there someone can help him to study while helping to do his work " apology accepted Mark hyung! And yeah we can make things out"

After their moment of time to talk, now it's time for Jinyoung to go home. They walk side by side together on the quiet road. Talking or laughing what ever they were spoke about. Until jinyoung house is on site " thank you Mark, for today, for this and for your help" said jinyoung like a girl just have her first date. " Dont mention it jinyoung-ah " Mark said and look at his watch " I think it's time for me to go" mark added and pulled jinyoung for a hug. Jinyoung froze at the contact but slowly he relax himself and smell Mark sent. Jinyoung felt awkward, he first pull away " I have to go, be careful on the street ok" he said and walk to his house. He turn back just to take a quick glance when Mark is still there watching every step he take until he disappear inside the house. 

Jinyoung felt he owns the world. He never felt happy, glad and full of surprises at the same time. Mark just an amazing person he thoughts.jinyoung is all smiley that night, he caress the watch that must be cost a fortune.he will cherish the watch forever as a reminder that Mark is a wonderful human being. 

 

~•~

 

After their class on the other day, they plan on maybe going to a cafe or a restaurant. Mark and Jinyoung went inside just like what they plan on that night to study. After they eat their meal,  they stay for awhile to finish everything. Jinyoung has already finish with the short notes he made,write it all in a pocket book he brought everywhere he goes. He's now resting his chin on his hand and watch every mark movement. He admire mark a lot. He's glad that Mark is his first foreign friend he had. He hope that their friendship will last long. 

Mark look at jinyoung when he felt someone is staring at him. " what! There's something on my face " he said panicking. Jinyoung who snap from his day dreaming and blush " what theres nothing on your face. You're fine. " Mark blow a relief breath " then why are you looking at me" he ask. Mark lean forward wanting to tease Jinyoung a little bit " love to see my attractive face aren't you" Jinyoung quickly look away, feeling hot on his cheek. Mark lean back to his sit and laugh. He reach for the water tumbler they just bought just now and sip it but it's empty. 

" Um, jinyoung can you bought me another chocolate cream for me, I have to go to the wash room. I promise I'll be quick" Jinyoung only nodded, standing up, fetch Marks tumbler so does his too and buy another one. Mark, stand up also but after jinyoung left the table. He eyed every step Jinyoung take and the he disappear from his site, he look around the table to find something he needs. He saw Jinyoung pocket book. Without hesitation or fear, he turn the pages open and snap a few picture with his phone. After he's done he left to the washroom. 

After he came back to his seat, he saw jinyoung is already there, scribbling on the paper. He approach but stop when he felt his phone vibrate. He pulled it out from his pocket when he sees it's Natalie. A smile creep it way to Mark lips. He's happy for a longest time he never received a called from his girlfriend. So he why to a different location to answer the call. 

Jinyoung waif for Mark for like half and hour now. Every minutes he would look up and turn left and right to see if Mark is coming. 

At the end, Jinyoung finish his work ALONE and Mark is no where in sight. He told the cafe manager about the bag on the chair that the owner will come and get it when hes coming back to fetch it later. He left the cafe by leaving a single not on Marks bag saying 

" Sorry if I leave without telling you " 

Jinyoung doesn't know what to say anymore. He's hurt and he's sad at the same time. So he just left the cafe. 

 

A/n  Update!! Did I update late?  I'm sorry if i did. Guys what do you think will happen next? I have no idea. As always, thank you to you for subscribe the story and give a comment about yours thought about the story. Let me now. Until next chapter.....  Bye