Chapter 28

Until You

  " It feels like Nobody ever knew me .. Until You knew me "

 

 

 

There he is.....

My nightmare....

But at the same time... he's my knight in shining armour

I missed you so much Mark....

 

 

There's a moment where Jinyoung could grasp of time to see somone whos been hurting him for this so long... But Jinyoung reflecx was too quick that his body was now covered by the waist high brick wall. Mark didn't notice anything unusual in his place. Instead he walk in and out every room he goes normally like what he does previously..

Jinyoung had a serious nervousness problem. His heart rate was so above his head right now. The pounding in his chest vibrate all over his body. He was glad his reflex action took action first to hide behind the brick wall.  If not,  the situation would become awkward...

Jinyoung had to calm down his breath and think his way clearly before he started to do something stupid. His eyes are closed as he try to visualise something calm. Perhaps... 

A baby chick, hatching. Taking it's first steps. Chirping, calling for food.  It's tiny leg could lead the chick to run so fast too further away from safety and dangers lurk and eat that baby chicks... 

Jinyoung quickly snapped out from his visualise. He remember a scene where the baby chick been eaten by some predator. That was one horrible way to calm yourself down. But, that was random. The brain works in a randomly ways. Let's just forget about the baby chick. Jinyoung shook his head continues time so that he would notice his situation and his reality right now. 

Hiding from someone, just a mere waist high brick hides his body frame. Don't forget he is stuck. There is something he left un arrange just like the way he enter the place before. The window is still wide open. If Mark finds out that the window is open. He would walk towards the window and try to closed it. If Mark reach for the handle and caught someone was hiding under that frame. Jinyoung could have been caught. Jinyoung is not ready to open his mouth. He is here to find Mark, not to confront him. 

Jinyoung tilt his head up to look at the window ajar open. Jinyoung slowly position his body and push his body slowly so that his hand could reach the frame. 

Slowly from his hair to his forehead and now his eyes was now popped out from his hiding spot. Jinyoung could see Mark every movements in and out.  Jinyoung doesn't want to stuck in this moment where he would felt concern and sad.  instead he quickly reach the handle and push the window down just the way it was before Jinyoung even touch the place.  

Mark was standing back facing the window. Jinyoung was lucky enough to do the crucial scene. Jinyoung quickly scramble on his feet, pushing him away from where he was crunching towards his place. Once he reach his room window, his hand brush with the line of the frame, so that his finger could grip on it and yanked it open. He is indeed lucky. The window is not locked. If it's locked from the inside, he doesn't have a choice but to knocked every window he could find asking for help. Or he could just jumped out from the emergency stairs and went inside the building and entered the main door.  The chances he could run onto Mark in the halfway are 50;50. He could run to him or he wouldn't run to him. The future is unpredictable.

When his feet safety reach the floor, his feet betrayed him. His legs become limp making Jinyoung to imbalance his standing when he fall on the floor. Good thing he is find but to relax his tired body and his beating heart. 

 

 

~•~

 

 

The other day arise soon that anyone could expected. Now the day already enter the second day for JInyoung to complete his quest. He already found the person he's been looking for which is now leaving just next to him. The other step was unknown. Jinyoung doesn't know what to do next. Pacing back and forth in front of the window which could lead unwanted eyes coming from the pedestrian walking outside the building on the sidewalk. They should mind their own business and focus on their own thing. This is a crucial day for Jinyoung. He could faint of over thinking. 

" HAISH!!! "

He shout his frustration out by shouting. He stop his pace and took his sit on the couch and silently staring at the space around him. 

The time is now almost 12 noon. Jinyoung fell yesterday because of his weak foot couldn't support his balance and fall down know hue ground. Even though he is okay but a few minutes a faint without he even notice it. When he woke up from where he is sleeping on the floor bear the window and it's already morning. 

He scoff 

And push away from the floor and started the shower for him to take his Bath.. 

3 days to find Mark and here he now, silently cowards to step out from the apartment door. He knows that Mark already went for work because at the time Jinyoung step outside the bathroom he heard a loud bang and he felt the vibrate coming from the door beside his. 

Jinyoung wanted to question himself, why is he all like this. He's afraid and he can't denied it that he's a little bit off mix feeling when he's around Mark. Yesterday Moment when he saw Mark walking around his apartment doing things by his own making Jinyoung to felt pity towards Mark. It's not that he's not feeling pity towards him before since all his work was based on two help going around the house which is the maids. It's just the atmosphere was way different from what Jinyoung had felt before. 

Before Jinyoung felt pity for Mark because of his never ending hardworking and that's why he was glad to gave a helping hand to him. Now, times change. Jinyoung felt pity for Mark because he is now alone. Leaving far away from his home and family. It's must be hard to been thrown out from the family by your own father. 

Jinyoung lower his head and look down at his hand on his lap. He felt regret about everything when he thought everything back than. He regret to not fight back. He regret to not confront about everything towards his ex-fiancee. He regret to believe in that smile he always belive in. He regret everything. 

If time could be turn around and everything could started from the start. Jinyoung should be more cautious and not easily to be bend around. Now everything had turned upside down. 

If question needs to be ask and answer need to be answered. The conclusion will all about Jinyoung. It's his fault. He shouldn't trust the person. He shouldn't confess towards the person. He shouldn't said yes on the first place after the disappear for 3 years. Jinyoung youth years was too naive. Now he is now an adult. He has responsible to for fill.. There's a kid back home need him.He will done everything correctly from now one not because of him but for Michelle. He will not think about himself he will think about Michelle. Michelle needs to be in a normal atmosphere. If trouble still follow him and get around, than everything will cause physically harm Michelle state of mind. She's still young and she needs to grow in a calm and peaceful environment. 

let's scratch out the uncle, Jackson is beyond than normal.... 

" Okay.. "

Said Jinyoung when he though everything out. 

" I will not do this for myself. I'll do this for Michelle safety being.. "

He stood up from the couch and fist his hand up in ' I will do it. I will fight for my freedom and Michelle freedom.. '

*Cough* way too patriotic..

Jinyoung already set his mind up. He's going to confront Mark and dragged him home to his parents and say his words of wisdom to not doing something unforgivable towards the parents. 

Yes, Jinyoung is ready. He walk around the couch and going straight to the door going out from his apartment. 

 

~•~

 

 

Eh! There is something wrong here. This is not how it should go on what he already told himself a few hours ago. Jinyoung did search for where Mark will be working based on the research where Jackson had cracked for him. 

Fast food restaurant called the Subway.

Jinyoung manage to find the place?

Yes he did.

Did he went inside and look for Mark? 

Yes he did.

Did he met Mark face to face? 

YESSSSS!...... well not really!

He did met him face to face but with a few barrier. Not as a person but a totally creep. Five tables away from the order counter where Mark was cleaning the countertops and the display glass. There Jinyoung was sitting on the remote area with a huge shade cover half of his face, a beanie on his head and a thick Jacket to cover himself up like an armadillo when the person he's watching would turn and look at him. 

Jinyoung doesn't know why he's doing such thing. He felt stupid but yet he felt safe. At least he could push the nervousness away by doing so, the cover up. Jinyoung is there, sitting on his spot. His hand rested on the table with a bottle of water beside his hand and his phone inbetween his hand. For other people who walk by his table would have thought that Jinyoung is a busy person with the continues clicking on his phone. But when reality been checked and you looked at a different angle, Jinyoung is playing angry bird on his phone. 

A few minuets gone by and the restaurant getting lesser and lesser people to step by. Beside, the store is not well located. It's not on the centre or any famous places where human traffic are higher than birds could even reach. Just a regular neighbourhood.

Jinyoung stayed there for another minutes past by. He intentionally to stayed there until the last chief but.. 

" Sir!!  I saw you sitting there for 4 hours straight with a bottle of water on the table which is and outside food. " the person turn around and stand by the door and pointed the sticker to Jinyoung to see " restrictly prohibited ANY FOOD OUTSIDE!! " the person than walk towards Jinyoung and stand beside him. " If you still wanting to stayed here or even sleep here it's okay but at least buy the food. Look around you! YOU THINK THIS IS A HOTEL OR SOMETHING???? "

Jinyoung eyes one of the workers with a blank expression on his face. He blink his eyes covered by the shades. 

At the end he listen to knew of the workers work. The workers is right though. He should buy something so that no one would chase him out. Jinyoung stood in front of the order counter when there is no one around there. Jinyoung blow an air out from his nose as he turn his head left and right to catch a glimpse of any worker would be around. He clink the bell for any survive to arrive but non. 

Maybe their shift is already changing..

Jinyoung told himself that. Because it's already pass 4 pm. Jinyoung make his decision to turn around or maybe just gone home but a voice stop him from his track. 

" Ah!! Yes? I'm sorry by making you waiting. I was at the back carrying the stock to the storage. Um by the way how may I help you..? "

Jinyoung heard the person talking behind him by giving their service to Jinyoung. Jinyoung spun in his hill going to say his " it's okay.. " but who's standing in front of him shook him to his core

AHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! 

Jinyoung scream internally in his head. But he quickly composed himself back to normal so that the person standing behind the counter wouldn't notice his weirdness... 

" I-ah... Yes! Um I was going to order ugh....... "

Jinyoung stop dead on his words. He didn't decided yet. This is trouble. He should spoke out. STATE! 

" A FOOT LONG!!! " 

He shouted his order at the end. 

Mark look at Jinyoung like he just grew another head. Well what would you react when you're customer suddenly shouted infront of you when you didn't do nothing wrong. 

mark could only suppress his shockeness down, deep down and calm himself.

" Okay.... "

Mark said and turn to the computer to click in the order for Jinyoung. 

" Anything else sir you wanted to add on? Drinks? "

" I ugh... Um ugh... Strawberry.. "

Jinyoung could manage to say his order smoothly with a little bit of bump in the middle. 

Mark it nodded his head in understanding and turn his body around to make the foot long burger for Jinyoung. Jinyoung only stood there as his eyes look every movement Mark produce behind those ridiculous huge glasses on his face. 

Jinyoung wait patiently for his food to arrive.

For a couple of seconds went by and Mark is now standing in front of Jinyoung with the paper bag that contains Jinyoung order inside. Mark click on the computer to calculate the about of it once it's already been out. Mark voice out the number of the order that Jinyoung ordered. 

" It would be 20 dollars sir!! "

Mark said the word sir to Jinyoung. Of course he didn't know the person in front of him is Jinyoung all because of that stupid outfit. 

When a mistake was made and all memory reemerge once more you started to notice... 

Jinyoung fondle to find his wallet on his Jeans pocket. He pulled it out once he felt it on his back packet and counting the money and pulled 50 since he doesn't have the exact changes. 

" Here, I don't have the exact change but I only have 50.. " 

Said Jinyoung giving the money to Mark.  Mark's hand brush with Jinyoung when he's going to take the money from Jinyoung. Jinyoung felt the hand and quickly pulled his hand away. His heart stated to go high now. It's pounding.

Mark counting the changes for Jinyoung and when he done a counting dollar on his hand he stretch his hand for Jinyoung. 

" Here you go sir! 30 dollars, your change.. "

Mark said look at Jinyoung. 

Jinyoung saw the eyes looking at him directly towards his eyes. Even though the glasses was on bit Jinyoung can felt it's burning till his eye socket would fall off. Jinyoung divert his eyes away and turn to the money on Marks hand. Jinyoung was too messed up all because of the eyes looking at him that he forget where they were and what kind of situation they were been. He stretch his hand going to take the money and on the same time

He voice out his mistake 

" Thank you. Mark Hyung... "

Jinyoung hand was barely and inch apart from the money on Mark's hand. He realize something.

Eh!..

Jinyoung quickly grab the money but it won't budge. Mark hold on to the money so tight that it won't easily slip off from his hand. 

" Jinyoung..."

Jinyoung eyes lighten up wide open like a flying sorcerer. He heard what the person in front of him said. But Jinyoung tries to act like nothing.

" I'm sorry.. "

He tried to be calm as far as he could Master but he can't fool the lesson in front of him.. 

" I've been waiting for you for so long... How have you been all this years?...... "

 

Like !!!! 

Instead.. 

" I'm sorry!  I don't know who are you talking about. My money please.. "

Jinyoung tried to get away from this tight air in between them. But the older won't let go of the money. It's like there a tug of war between them. 

" I know it's you.. Jinyoung when did you return? How are you??  H-hows Michelle?? "

Mark sounded desperate 

Jinyoung heard what Mark said. He lowered his head down and let go of the money. 

" Keep the change... "

He said and turn around holding the food he order inbeyween his finder heading out the main door. Before Jinyoung could push his hand on the door to open he felt a tub on his arm holding him to go forwards. 

" wait.... Please.... "