Chapter Eight

Our Secret Love

Chapter Eight



Yunho's POV


I just finished a lunch meeting with our new American investors, thankfully everything is a success. We got a new project that will surely make our empire's name shine again. Oh well, not literally ours, but Donghae's. He's the in CEO in line.


"Is there anything else you want Mr. Jung?" I turned to the maitre who asked me. I just shook my head and she left me alone inside the huge conference room.


Shall I call her?


I sighed and fished my phone out of my pocket and stared at its screen where Eunmee's picture served as the wallpaper. She's smiling whole heartedly, her eyes sparkling. Staring at her wakes up a certain feeling of guilt inside of me.


The gadget started vibrating in my hand, flashing a call from her. My heart beat started to race, thinking whether I should answer or not.


"Hello?" 


"Yunho..."


Her voice echoed on the line. 


We can't stay like this forever. 


What you're doing is wrong Jung Yunho!


You need to stop this.



"We need to talk." A sighed escaped my lips again. "The same at Shilla Seoul."


"Arasso." And all I heard is the busy tone. I got up from my seat a few minutes after clearing my mind. I still have a lot of things to do. There's no 
time for such distractions.




Soo Jin's POV


I stared at my phone for a while after I hang up. I sighed as I lay back flat on my bed. 


What are you thinking Jinnie?


I'm Park Soo Jin. One of the most sought photographer here in Seoul, South Korea. I'm twenty four and a big time sinner. I fell in love with a man who I knew even from the start that can't be mine. A man who is destined to be with another woman. And not me.


Yes. I loved him even if I knew that I'll end up being hurt in the end. This is love's consequence right? And I chose to face it.


I met him when I was offered to shoot a certain special magazine that's all about business. And he's the one who's featured. He's the type of businessman who rarely smile. Like his smile is worth millions of won. 



Flashback


The shoot is seriously tiring. I had to make him smile for four hours which was actually the hardest part. Gosh. This guy doesn't seem to be someone smiley.


As I started packing my things, I noticed him walk over to me and occupied a vacant chair near me and my tables. He already changed into a more comfortable clothing, a white shirt and jeans. He still looked diligent even in simple clothes.


"What can I do for you sir?" I politely asked, turning to him.


And in answer from him, he smiled.


A smile that he never even bother showing in front of my camera. Aish. This guy. He should've did that a while ago to make our works easier.


"Drop the formalities Soo Jin. I'm Yunho." He introduces himself, still smiling. Of course I know him. He's the great tycoon, Jung Yunho. Despite his young age at 24, he's already well known. He earned million dollars in a month's time.


Yes. He's that great and rich.


"Well, it's nice to meet you Yunho." I smiled and bowed in response.


End of flashback



And there, everything started.


I met the real Yunho. Not the Jung Yunho who's a great businessman. But the real guy he is. I know I wasn't supposed to fall in love with him, but destiny seems that playing with my life is fun.


Flashback


"Yah! Park Soo Jin why don't you talk to me?!" Yunho jokingly yelled at me as he got up from the chair he was sitting inside my office. Actually, I've been ignoring his presence for the whole hour he was there.


I ignored his calls, his messages, everything about him. I tried removing him out of my system for the past week. 


I'm already in love with him and he's already to engaged to someone else. And I don't wanna get hurt even more. The pain of loving him secretly is already too much. 


Ignoring him, and thinking as if he didn't exist in my world are the right things to do. 


"I'm busy Yunho-ssi." I answered him coldly, without even turning to him.


"What's with the formalities now Jinnie?" He asked me as he stood in front of my desk, his face level on mine.


I just sighed, not looking at him. He'll surely leave anytime now.


"Are you mad at me Soo Jin?" Am I mad at him? For making me fall for him? Or am I mad at myself because I fell in love with him? "What did I do wrong Soo Jin? Please tell me."


"I'm just really busy Yunho. I'm sorry."


"No. There's something you're not telling me. What is it Soo Jin?"


"I told you. I'm just busy."


"Soo Jin. I know you. What did I do? What have I done?"


"Nothing. Just leave now Yunho."


"I won't leave unless you tell me what's wrong Park Soo Jin."


"What's wrong with you Yunho? Why are you acting like a kid? I told you I'm just busy and you're acting like that?!"


"Soo Jin." 


"You know what Yunho? You should just really stop coming here. I think we should stop being friends. Let's stop." I didn't mean to burst that way. I know I just humiliated myself. Big time.


"What? Why are you saying that Soo Jin? What have I done?"


"Just leave Yunho."


"Tell me what are you talking about Soo Jin. Why should we stop being friends? Why? Have I done something to hurt you? To offend you?"


"Yes!! You are hurting me Jung Yunho!! You're killing me!!" I said, pointing at my heart to emphasize where I'm exactly hurting. "You're hurting me straight here Yunho! I fell in love with you even when I know that you have someone else! I've been too naive to fall for you!!" Tears started to cloud my eyes, as I spoke. Well, I'm almost yelling. 


"Soo Jin." His voice came out as a whisper. Hearing him speak of my name, reminds me why I fell for him.


"Don't say a word Yunho. Just leave. Please." I pleaded, turning away from him. I don't want him to see my tears. I can't let him see my pain anymore.


I felt a pair of strong arms envelope me in a tight hug, feeling his warm touch. By what he did, I can't help but sob even more. I tried squirming out of his grip but he's way stronger than me.


He spun me around, my body collapsing against his, so do his lips locking against mine. He kissed me with gentleness and pure safety. I can feel my tears continuously flowing as he cupped my face with both of his warm hands.


"Don't leave me Soo Jin. Please." He said, looking at me straight in my eyes. "I've never felt like this before. I've never been complete until you came. You're the only person who can see me as the real Yunho. You're the only person who loved me because I am Yunho."


"You're engaged Yunho."


"Soo Jin."


"I can't be the other woman in a relationship Yunho. I want someone for me only." 


"Please Soo Jin. Please."


End of flashback



Oh shiz. Why am I crying?! I sighed as I got up and wiped my tears away.


This isn't the right time to cry Park Soo Jin. You need to face whatever you chose.



Donghe's POV

Finally! A success on our China expansion. Eunmee's right. Everything will be like a piece of cake.


And speaking of her, I should give her a call.


"Yah. Kim Eunmee. Answer your phone." I impatiently muttered as I wait for her to pick up. But I only got her recorded message as the answer.


Hey~ I'm kind of busy right now so I probably won't be able to answer your call. Just leave a message after the beep and I'll quickly give you a call back. Thank you~!! 


What's wrong with her? Why isn't she answering?


Aish. I tried again but I only ended up with the same answer. The conference room door opened and Jessica walked in with Ryeowook.


"Who you calling? It's time to celebrate." Jessica smiled as she sat on one of the vacant chairs.


I just slipped my phone back in my pocket and faced them.


"I just wanna inform them that we already got the deal." I answered, smiling a little. Eunmee not answering her phone, gave me worries.


"They can wait. And surely Yunho and your dad will be informed soon." 


"And I already called Kyuhyun hyung. He'll surely rely it to everyone." Ryeowook said, smiling. I had no choice but to agree and just go with them.


"Arasso." 


"Come on. I already made a reservation for us. I'm already hungry." Jessica voiced out getting up from her seat.


"I'll follow you out. I'll just try calling them again." I turned to Jessica who just nodded and left me and Ryeowook.


"What is it hyung?" Ryeowook surely knows that there's something I'm gonna ask him.


"Is Kyuhyun with Eunmee?" I asked.


"He's with Sunday and Henry at Incheon hyung. Why? Is Eunmee noona not answering your call?"


"Neh. And I'm already worried."


"Maybe she's in a conference. Or something."


"Well, yeah, maybe."


"You're getting paranoid again hyung. She'll surely call you anytime. Come on. I'm also hungry hyung." 


I nodded and got up also. As I walk my way out of the room, I heard a small thud on the floor. I looked down and saw the bracelet that Eunmee gave me had fell off from my wrist.


Weird. I locked it tightly and it'll fall off all of a sudden?


And I felt something weird as I picked up the bracelet.