Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter Twelve

Standing on the doorway was Yunho's mom, with those surprised look in her face. And its pretty obvious, how her face is starting to get red because of anger.


"Eomeonim." My voice turned into a whisper. I can't find my words anymore. 


This isn't the best time to get caught.


Not especially by his mom.


Their mom. 



"What are you doing to your brother's fiance Lee Donghae?!!" It was pretty obvious that she's trying not to show or else it would draw attention. 


"Mother, I can explain." He defended, standing up to face her.


But when he got close, Mrs. Lee's hand met his face. The impact of her slap echoed inside the room that made me flinch. I can't bear to see Donghae getting hurt like that.


"You are nothing like but your mother Lee Donghae! I thought your mom had raised you with manners and respect!" Wait. What was she saying?


I saw how Donghae's jaw clenched. Just like Mrs. Lee, he's controlling his anger he was feeling.


"You don't know anything about my mom!" He angrily said, glaring at Mrs. Lee. I have never seen Donghae get this angry. 


"Don't you dare raise your voice on me Donghae! Haven't your mom taught you the word respect?!" Why does she keep on hitting about his mom? I was glued to my spot, watching the both of them.


"If I wasn't martyr enough to let go of your dad, you probably won't be where you are right now. Your mom is nothing but a home wrecker! She seduced your dad for his money!" What she said shocked me. Her words were unbelievable.


"No! Eomeonim can't do that!" I finally found my voice. I can't bear hearing her say harsh words to the person who became a mother to me.


"You don't know anything here Eunmee." She told me, giving me one of her icy stare.


"You're saying nonsense. My mom can't do that. Dad loves her. Not you. He only married you because my mom was dead already. But she never left his heart." I know how much Donghae loved his mom and he would do anything just to protect her.


"You really are like her." She stared at Donghae angrily, like he'll die any moment. "Starting tonight, you are not allowed to see Eunmee. Not anymore." 


"No! You can't do that! I love Eunmee. We love each other." Donghae said, holding me behind him. I grabbed onto his hand tighter, afraid I'll be snatched from him in a snap.


"You're going to marry Yunho, Kim Eunmee. I will tell your dad about this and process the wedding faster." She was speaking as if no one can oppose her. Then she turned to Donghae and said, "You. I will also inform your dad about this. He will disown you for sure. You won't get anything from him, not even a cent. I will make sure of that if you won't stay away from Eunmee."


"That won't scare me." He met her eyes, making her see he wasn't scared at all. He really isn't. I know Donghae.


"Please. Don't do this eomeonim. No. Please. I'm begging you." I pleaded, tears starting to escape my eyes. I can't bear it anymore. 


"Don't you dare me Lee Donghae. Leave right now! You don't even respect your step brother! You seduced Eunmee!" 


"No! That's not true. We love each other eomeonim." I don't even care if I was choking out my words already. All I know is I should fight for me and Donghae. I won't let him fight on his own, our future is at stake here.


"How dare you do this Eunmee?! How dare you make a fool out of my son?!" She angrily said, taking a step closer to me. The next thing I know, I got pushed down on the floor, the result of her hard slap on me.


"Eunmee!" Donghae knelt down next to me, giving his step mother an angry glance. "Hurt me all you want but don't ever touch Eunmee! She never fooled Yunho! Even before they were engaged, we were together already." He said, as he was helping me get up. 


"Enough Lee Donghae! This is enough! Stop of your stupidity!" 


"I'll be back babe. I promise."The way he said those words, it made me hold on to that promise. I know he will be back for sure. 


"You are forbidden to see him starting now Eunmee." Mrs.Lee strictly told me when Donghae left. I ignored her, got back to my bed and laid down as if she wasn't around. She's way to different from Donghae's mom. And I liked her better than Yunho's.


"Are you even listening Eunmee?" I just gave her a glance, not even minding if she would really tell my dad about this. I don't really care anymore. 


"Eunmee. Yun Ja-ah. I thought you won't be able to visit Eunmee?" It was my dad who entered the room with Yoona. I just fell silent, ignoring them. I only gave Yoona a small smile when she bid her goodbye.


My dad must've felt the tension inside the room and didn't help himself and asked.


"Has something happened?"


"Eunmee and Donghae. I caught them kissing." I'm thankful that my dad has no heart disease or I might be the cause of his heart attack. His eyes grew wide when he heard what Mrs. Lee said.


"E-Eunmee." My dad was looking at me with great shock. I remained silent, still ignoring them. I don't wanna hear any opposition anymore.


"We will process the wedding to happen soon." I can't bear hearing them say those stuffs. No. I've had enough.


"Leave me alone. I want to be alone!" I said, almost shouting. Tears were starting to cloud mye eyes once again. I'm tired of these. This will end soon.


Donghae.


You'll come back right?



"Eunmee." My dad walked up to me, and held my arm. "Get some rest princess. But she's right. You have to avoid Donghae. You're marrying Yunho." 


I looked at him, and tears fastly escaped my eyes. How can my dad say something like that?


"D-Dad. I love him. He loved me first. Even before you made the deal between Yunho's dad. He already loved me then dad. Please. Don't do this." I pleaded, my voice being drowned by my tears. I'm silently hoping that I would get my dad to my side.


I never thought it would be this hard. Fighting for me and Donghae. All along, I thought everything would be like a piece of cake. But I was wrong. Mrs. Lee had made it harder for us. She showed her true colors and I can't believe she can do such and say those harsh words I heard from her.


But my dad just kissed me on the forehead. "Get some rest, okay? You'll get out of here tomorrow." He told me and left with Yunho's mom.


As soon as the door was shut close and I was alone inside the room, sobs started coming out of my lips. I was hurt deep inside. Just by thinking of the possibility that Donghae would be leaving me, it cuts painfully inside of me. Even more painful than my cancer.



Henry's POV

I need to take a break. Everything is still surreal for me. Eunmee noona has cancer.


You're not dreaming Henry. 


It's real. 



I wanna cry out loud. I wanna scream just to let go of what I'm feeling. I know everything would be harder for us. Especially for noona and Donghae hyung. How can I not feel sad? They became my family here already. I saw how they overcome hardships of their hidden love story. But this is just too much. 


"Yah. What's wrong with you Henry Lau?" I wasn't expecting to see Queenie, sitting right beside me. I was out of my mind while driving and I ended up in Incheon. Right outside the cafe where I last saw her.


"Finally. You admitted you are Queenie Sapphire Shin." I said in reply. She just snorted at me, making me laugh.


"What are you doing here?" She asked again. Yeah. What am I doing here anyway?


Then an idea popped in my mind.


"Come with me."