Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 17

Regular POV

Yumi was busy reading the files for the new project that's under her team when her intercom started buzzing.


"Neh? What is it Secretary Yoon?" She asked as soon as she pressed the on button, her eyes not even leaving the papers she's reading.


"The president is asking for your presence at conference room number 3 ma'am." Her secretary informed her. After confirming she'll be there, she quickly clicked it off. 


I wonder what's the sudden meeting for..


Employees greeted and bowed as she passed by them, on her way up to the said conference room. She got to the room and she wasn't expecting to see Kyuhyun and Sunday, also about to enter.


"You guys were also called?" She asked the younger couple before they enter the huge conference room. And another surprise to them, was the presence of Hankyung, Henry and Ryeowook inside the same room. Just like them, the three has those confused look on their faces.


"Baby. You're also called?" Hankyung asked her when she finally approached them, giving her a kiss on the cheek.


Just last night, they had talked about what they will say regarding Eunmee and Donghae. And they agreed that whenever inside the company premises, they will not talk of anything that has to do with the runaway couple.


These people are really nice actors.


She thought smiling secretly. Their poker faces can really deceive anyone. Even her. 


They waited for a while before Mr. Kim and Mr. Lee entered the room. The two presidents looked deadly, with their grim expression. The six of them got up and bowed to show respect to their presidents. But the two elders said nothing, instead just stood in front of them.


"Where's Donghae and Eunmee?" Mr. Kim asked, his voice echoing inside the whole room, that startled them.


"Eunmee left the hospital last night. Where are they?" Mr. Lee asked next. Everyone had their heads bowed down, showing no reactions at all.


"We don't know abeonim." Hankyung answered in a straight forward manner while the others remained quiet.


"Don't lie Hankyung. Your best friend eloped and its impossible you don't know where he is." Mr. Lee retorted, his jaws obviously clenching because of anger.


"Neh. I really don't know abeonim. He haven't called me since last night." Yumi knew what her husband did. Since he has a friend working for the cellphone company, he asked him to delete all recent calls made by Donghae and Eunmee with them for the last 24 hours.
She has to give him credits for such good ob.


"Eunmee and Donghae can't be found anywhere in Seoul. Their apartments were empty. Even the security of the hospital and their apartment building haven't seen them." Mr. Kim added the information.


They also planned that already. Connections can really pull out someone from a mess.


"Are you telling the truth? None of you knows where they are right now?" Eunmee's father, asked once again, looking at each of them.


"Neh. We really don't know abeonim. We don't even have any idea that they're gone until now." Kyuhyun said in his as-a-matter-of-fact tone.


"If Eunmee noona left, then what will happen to her? Her condition isn't at the best state right now abeonim." Henry asked, his eyes flashing with concern. Their magnae can really pull off an aegyo even in scary situations, just for his favorite noona.


"That's one of our concerns. Her condition might get to its worst. Her doctor told us that she can't even be discharged until next week. She has to undergo for a few more tests." Mr. Kim's features softened as he talked about his daughter. It was no secret that Eunmee is the most special thing for Mr. Kim, especially she's his only family left. Eunmee's mother left them since she was a baby. And she never came back.


"We'll try to contact them abeonim." She said, assuring the two elders. The room stayed silent for a while before the door opened, revealing Yunho and Jessica who's both still clueless of what happened.


"You called us dad?" Yunho asked. He looked dead tired and his eyes looks so lonely. There's something hiding behind Yunho's sad eyes. She's sure he's still unaware of Eunmee and Donghae's disappearance.


"Have a seat the both of you." Mr. Kim said before turning to Mr. Lee to let him inform the newcomers.


"Eunmee and Donghae. They're nowhere to be found." Mr. Lee said, his face blank from any expressions.


"What? What do you mean they're nowhere to be found abeonim? They're... together?" Jessica asked, her eyes quite widening because of surprise.


"How can that happen?" Yunho asked then, looking at the two elders. "Something happened while I'm gone. What is it?"



Regular POV


Eunmee was silently watching the view of L.A. from the skies with Donghae quietly enjoying his sleep beside her. His head was on her shoulder that she can easily feel any movement from him.


He was mumbling something she can barely hear. Yet she caught one word, her name. He kept on mumbling and he shifted position, giving her a good view of his sleeping face. He looked uneasy, and beads of sweats are showing off on his face.


"Donghae-ah." She softly called his name, giving him a light tap on his arm. But it didn't wake him up. She noticed how his fist clenched and his forehead forming a crease. Looking at Donghae like that, it finally hit her. He's having a nightmare.


"Babe. Wake up." She tried shaking him a little but still no use. Worry is already eating her up, moreover after hearing Donghae call her name out loud with fear in his voice.


"Donghae. Wake up. Babe. Wake up." She cupped his face, shaking him a little. 


"Eunmee!!" After slapping his arm hard, he finally woke up, loudly saying her name that caught the other passenger's attention.


She watched him catch his breath for a while, his chest heaving and sweat covering his face. "Babe. What's wrong? What is it?" She placed an arm on his shoulder, wanting him to calm down.


He took a curious look around him, confusing more passengers, even her. When reality sunk back to his senses, he finally turned to her, letting go of the breath he's been holding for a while.


"What's wrong? What happened?" She asked again, only getting squeezed by Donghae's tight hug on her. It was the possesive type hug he gave her. She can still hear him mutter words, though she can't even understand anything, not even one.


"Don't ever leave me Kim Eunmee. Please." He said, with a hint of fear in his voice. And as she stared at his eyes, she saw the same thing. Fear.
Fear for an unknown reason.


"I won't. I promise you. Don't worry, whatever your dream was, it's not real. I'm just right here next to you. Okay?" She lovingly caressed his cheek, his hand taking her and intertwining it with his. "Calm yourself down babe. We're almost there."


[i]We have finally arrived in Los Angeles International Airport. Thank you for flying Korea Air. We hope you enjoyed giving us the business as much as we enjoyed taking you for a ride.[i]


"See? We're here already. We've arrived to the start of our new beginning babe. You don't have to worry anymore. It's just you and me already. We're miles away from Yunho, from your mom-"


"She's not my mom babe." He said, cutting her words. She understand why he feels like that. Every word that Yunho's mom said, were stuck in his mind. It's for sure.


"If you say so. Loosen up babe. We're already here in L.A.. We're starting a new life already, okay? Cheer up. Please?" She said pouting her lips a little to add some effect, which caught him easily. That's her charm. Donghae can never resist her.


"I'm sorry. The dream just got on me." She just nodded, letting him know that she understands him. Though he isn't saying a thing about his dream, she can feel it's something bad. He wouldn't be this afraid if it isn't.