Chapter Three

Our Secret Love


Eunmee's P.O.V.

A couple of days after...


I was working on something when I heard a few knocks on the door of my office. 

"Come in." I said without even looking at the door. I was too absorbed on what I was reading that I didn't even bother looking at the door.

"You're stressing out yourself again hon." it was Yunho's voice I heard. I looked up and saw him heading his way towards me.
I just smiled and closed the folder file to face him.

"I'm okay. And I badly need to finish this report." I explained, looking at him. I forced to smile despite the headache I'm feeling. And something weird is going on with my stomach again. 

"Are you sure? Don't you think we should get you checked by a doctor honey?" Here comes the doctor thingy again. Even with Donghae, we fight over the same thing all the time.

"Neh. I'm fine. Nothing's wrong with me. So there's nothing you have to worry about." how I hope he would drop the topic off. 

"Oh, okay. Do you wanna have dinner tonight then? I can make a reservation for us at your favorite restaurant." he asked as he got behind me, back hugging me. Honestly, I feel awkward everytime Yunho would be sweet to me. I see myself being sweet to Donghae only. Never did I become sweet to Yunho, a thing I know I'm being unfair of.

"Uh, I have a few things to attend on later. I really don't have time to go out Yunho-ssi." I tried to hide the guilt that I was feeling. I can't even look at him straight in the eyes. 

"Oh. Arasso. Maybe some other time then."

"Neh. Maybe some other time." I smiled a little. "I'm really sorry Yunho. There's just a lot of things to do and such." 

"I understand Eunmee. No biggies." he said before kissing me on the lips which I quickly stopped. 

He left after saying goodbye and I was left alone again. Thinking about me, Yunho and Donghae especially. This situation between the three of us is really complicated. And I'm being unfair to Yunho. 

I heard knocks on the door that relieved my senses back. Yumi, my mentor and my best friend, walked in. She's the wife of Hankyung, Donghae's best colleague.

"Mr. Nice Guy just walked out looking frustrated. What's up?" she asked me as she occupied the chair in front of me. If there's anyone that can read me like a book except for Donghae, it's gonna be Yumi. And she's actually the first one to know our secret relationship.

I just sighed and rest my back against the comfort of my office executive chair. Yumi's eyes were set on me, trying to decipher the looks on my face.

"Gets harder and harder as time passes by huh?" she asked, getting the main idea already. This girl really knows what I'm thinking.

"I just really love Donghae and I don't know what to do with Yunho, unni." I sighed again, even more frustrated. What she said was the truth. Everything gets harder as day passes by.

"And your dad, of course." she added. She knows everything about me, every story of my life. I sighed again. My dad is my priority when it comes to solving my problem with this relationship. "You know, Eunmee, if it's really getting this hard on you. I think its time you break the ice on them. Tell Yunho and your dad how you really feel. If you and Donghae will keep on hiding, you'll just face more problems in the future." she said, seriously looking at me. She's the only one I can talk to regarding my sitaution and whenever she gives an advice, it happens to be for the best. But not this one.

"I just can't tell them that. Surely, dad will go nuts. And Yunho. Aish. I'll hurt him badly." I sighed again, picturing what their reactions will be when I tell them the real score between me and Donghae.

"You are hurting them now Eunmee. By what you and Donghae are doing." she said directly. "I know you love each other so much, I've been a witness. But we can't deny that this is wrong. Real wrong. The least you can do to make it right is to tell those two person what's really going on. You can't go on like this Eunmee. You know that." she added.

"I understand unni." I just replied. Everything she said was right. But, how? Aish. This is making my headache worse.

"Is there something wrong?" I guess she noticed me flinch because of the pain. I shook my head, a sign that I'm fine.

We were both in silent when my cellphone started ringing Donghae's caller ringtone. 

"Neh?" I asked as soon as I answered his call. Yumi got up and motioned for the door to tell me that she'll be leaving. I nodded as she left my room.

"I'm just checking on you babe. How are you feeling?" he asked worriedly on the other line.

"I'm fine. And I'm not sick babe, okay? I'm fine." I chuckled a bit. I'm aware of how protective he can be though sometimes it goes overboard.

"If you don't feel good, call me arasso? Then I'll bring you to the doctor." 

"I will, don't worry." the line stayed silent for a while. "Babe.." I called out.

"Neh?" just like anytime I would hear his voice, my heart goes wild. Maybe they're right, that love can really make a person go insane and out of his mind. 

"I love you.." I almost whispered, yet I'm sure he can hear me. 

"I love you too Eunmee-ssi." a small smile crossed my face as I heard him say those words. I can never picture myself without Lee Donghae. And I never see my future not being with him.


Regular P.O.V.

It was Sunday morning, no work for Eunmee, even Donghae and Yunho.. As she got out of the shower, her cellphone started ringing and flashed Yunho's number. She quickly answered, thinking its some kind of important thing.

"Neh?" she asked as soon as she answered.

"I'm on my way to your place hon. You need to get ready." he informed her, making her confused. She though of any appointments she made with Yunho that day but failed. She remembered her Sunday a free day for her.

"Wae? Where are we going?" she just asked, sitting on the side of her bed.

"Yumi and Hankyung prepared lunch for the whole group. He asked us to come." 

Eunmee's P.O.V.

"Yumi and Hankyung prepared lunch for the whole group. He asked us to come." the whole group means that Donghae would be there. Aish. What got into Yumi's mind to invite us in this kind of thing?!

"Is there something to celebrate?" I asked. Honestly, I don't feel like going. Donghae would be there and I would be with Yunho instead of him. How awkward would that be? 

"I don't have any idea. Henry just sent me a message." he explained. Henry Lau, you are so dead to me. "So, get ready now hon. I'm almost there. And we have to get to there place in an hour."

"Arasso. I'm almost done. Call me when you get here." after hearing his reply, i quickly hang up. There's no use if I refuse anyway. He would just insist, and if ever I tell the others that I don't wanna come, I'll be receiving numerous text messages asking why won't I.

A casual baby doll dress will surely be fine for a simple lunch gathering. I stared into my reflection. Oh gosh. Why is there ugly bruises on my legs? I hate being clumsy, getting bruises with no idea where you got them. 

~ding dong

Yunho's here already. I gathered my bag and house keys before heading to the door. Yunho was patiently waiting outside, looking clean and fresh on his white shirt and casual pants. His shades were pushed on top of his head, and a smile on his face.

"You look perfect." he complimented, before placing a kiss on my cheek.

"Thanks." I awkwardly smiled before closing the door behind me. He lead me to the elevator and got to his car. The drive to Hankyung and Yumi's place took half an hour. The others were there already, so do as Donghae.

But wait, what is she doing here?

"Eunmee-ssi! It's so good to see you again!" Jessica cried out, giving me a hug. I was dumb struck for a while but returned the hug after I got back my senses. She was the one who met us by the entrance of the grand mansion.

"Uh, you also." I tried to smile so wide, but it didn't even reached my eyes. Jessica Jung was Donghae's ex girlfriend. The type who gets obsessive even if the relationship is over already. Me and Jessica were schoolmates, and once roommates back in college. Her dad is also a colleague of our fathers making us meet and get to know each other.

"Donghae is right. You got lovelier! And my, Yunho-ssi, you look more gorgeous!" she gave Yunho a hug too after me. Jessica never changed. She's still the girl who bleached her hair blonde, not too skinny and someone who can get every guy's attention because of the "I'm a Princess" aura she has. She's nice but the fact that she has a huge infatuation for my love, males me feel awkward with her.

"When did you got back here in Korea?" Yunho asked as I saw the others coming in from the garden. They might have heard Jessica's loud voice from there.

"Eunmee! Yunho." Yumi addressed our presence, giving us a hug each. "I thought you two would pass out on this one." she joked, making face.

"Noona! Hyung!" Henry and Ryeowook, followed with the arguing Sunday and Kyuhyun entered. 

"Now, let's go to the garden. Donghae's grilling the barbeque." Jessica exclaimed, all of us following her. I sighed secretly. This is going to be fun. Sarcastic smile Eunmee.

And she was right, Donghae was the one grilling the barbeque for our lunch. Hankyung was preparing the tables, Yumi helping him.

"Yah, Donghae-ah, you never mentioned Jessica's back already." I heard Yunho, ask Donghae. He walked over to us, giving me a hug. 

"I had no idea either. She just called me while I was on my way here. Why are you late anyway?" He asked with his voice filled of enthusiasm. What's with him? Jeez. Maybe he's too happy that Jessica's here. Psssh.

"Your bestfriend here, had to prepare for an hour." Yunho joked, wrapping an arm around my waist. 

The two just laughed while I faked a smile. I took a seat while the others prepare. I lost my mood after all. Seeing Jessica here and Donghae happy because of unknown reason, aish.

"So, when is the wedding?" Jessica asked out of nowhere as we were having lunch already. What got into this girl to ask such question?!

"It's up to the bride. We're still both busy with the company." Yunho answered smiling, and then took a glance on me. I just answered with a faint smile then returned my attention to my food. I can feel the secret stare from Kyuhyun and Sunday.

"Waeyo? The company is all yours anyway." Jessica answered. Why can't she shut ?!

"Don't pressure Eunmee eonni. Preparing a wedding is quite hard. Plus we have an upcoming project that needs all of our attention." Thankfully Sunday was the one who answered. I secretly glanced at her, sending another faint smile to say my thank you.

"Sunday's right. We have to be on hand for the project she's talking about. Maybe after that." Oh come on Yunho, I wanted to exclaim when I heard his answer. Seriously?!