Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 18

Yunho's POV

"Eunmee and Donghae, they've been secretly dating for years behind your back." My stepfather said, looking at me with pitiful eyes. "Behind our backs." He added.


It struck me hard. What he said was something I'm not prepared to hear. She's been seeing my step brother behind my back ever since?!


So do I.


I wanted to laugh. Destiny is playing with us. All along, me and Eunmee are not really for each other. She's seeing Donghae and I'm with Soo Jin. We weren't really inlove.


No..


We were just pretending that we're in love. We were pretending yet we don't know it. We were blinded. Both of us. All along, we can find a way to break free from their destined future for us. My guilt was not worth it. Cause we were both doing it.


For our own happiness..


But this isn't fair. I lost Soo Jin yet she found her real happiness with Donghae now that they're gone to god knows where. While here I am, miserable for what happened to us, they're happy together.


"That can't be!" I almost screamed, because of the stirred up emotions I'm feeling. It feels like I'm going crazy. I'm happy that there's a reason for me to get back with Soo Jin and at the same time mad because of the fact that I lost. She's happy and I'm not. She's with the guy she really love and I lost the girl for me. "I'll do everything to find her! To find them!"


"Yunho-ah, calm down. We're already doing that. We're already searching for them. If they're not found in the country premises tonight, then we'll check the international airport." Eunmee's dad said, looking really apologetic to me.


"None of us knew this'll happen. Not even that Eunmee and Donghae has a relationship." 


I can't stand it anymore. I'm going crazy if I stay one more minute listening to them. I gotta leave. I stormed out of the room, ignoring them who called my name. Even those employees I passed by. 


Tears are struggling to escape my eyes. 


No. Don't show them that you lost Yunho..


Never.




Donghae's POV


We landed safely and the whole trip ended fine. Except for the large crowd of passengers that welcomed us at the arrival area. Thankfully, no Yunho appeared dragging Eunmee away from me.


I only felt relieved when we got inside the cab that will take us to the hotel that Kyuhyun had arranged for us already. I'm really thankful for having such great friends. They're really a big help in situations like this.


"We've got a room reservation under Lee Donghae." I informed the male receptionist whose eyes are glued to my girl right beside me.


"Uh, here it is sir. Can I see a valid ID?" I turned to Eunmee to ask for my wallet which she gave me with a smile on her face.


The guy processed the paperworks first. And while we were waiting, I had the chance to wrap my arms around Eunmee before the guy can even look at her again.


She's my girl.


"Are you tired?" I asked Eunmee when I noticed how she leaned her body against me. 


"Ani. I'm fine." She answered me, smiling. Her smile never left her beautiful face ever since we landed here in LA.


"Here it is sir. Enjoy your stay here." The guy told us as he handed me the electronic key card for our room.


I managed to say my thank you and we headed to the elevators. A bell boy was ahead of us, with our luggages. As we're inside the elevator car, I can feel my body yearning for the soft comfort of a bed.


"I wanna sleep already." I voiced out silently, enough for Eunmee to hear.


"You should really rest. You look lifeless." She said in reply, gently touching my cheek. I just smiled and leaned my body against the wall of the elevator. 


A few moments passed and the car stopped on our designated floor. The bell boy lead us to our room, which turned out to be a honeymoom suite. I'm so gonna give Kyuhyun a smack in the head when we see each other again.


But it does feel like we're going on our honeymoon..


"Yah. Now you're all smiley. Waeyo?" Eunmee asked me with an eyebrow raised as we were left alone inside the room.


"Nothing. I just remembered something funny." I answered and headed to the bed. Without any words, I flopped on the soft mattress and savored the comfy feeling it brings me.


"Okay." She said before settling down on the floor, opening her luggage. 


I got up and watched her collect her needed toiletries inside the pink trolly. Jeez. I never knew that I perfectly packed her things already. 


"Waeyo?" She turned to me again. I shook my head and just smiled, for an answer.


"Babe. W-where have you got t-these?" I saw how her eyes widened when she saw the familiar white sticks among her things.


Suddenly, the atmosphere changed. 


"I got those in your drawer. Why do you have those Eunmee-ah?" I only call her by her name whenever we're talking about serious things. And this isn't something I can let pass by easily.


She avoided my gaze, clutching the sticks in her hard tight. I got up and kneeled in front of her, holding her hands. I wanted to hear an explanation from her and I want her to say it as she looks straight in my eyes.


"Donghae-ah." 


"Tell me baby. Why do you have those pregnancy sticks?" 


There were ten sticks all in all, safely stuffed inside a clear zip-lock, sign that it's been used already. But all says the same result, negative.


"I. I-I was expecting for us to h-have a b-baby. I thought I was p-pregnant. Coz I h-have the symptoms. Then it turned out, I have... c-cancer." I saw her face softened when she said she was expecting a baby for us. But tears clouded her eyes when she said the next words. "I was badly hoping for it." She added, blinking to stop her tears. 


I felt sorry for her. For the both of us. I know how she feel about having our own child. I do hope for the same also. Having a child of our own would be the greatest gift we've ever receive.


"I'm sorry baby. I'm really sorry." I comforted her, hugging her tighly. I want to let her feel that with or without a baby with her, I would still be right beside her. Loving her completely for who she really is.


"I love you Eunmee. That will never change. Okay?" I told her, looking at her straight in the eyes. It pains me seeing her cry right in front of me. She's my other half that I can also feel every emotion she's feeling.



Regular POV


Kyuhyun and Sunday decided to eat dinner at their favorite restaurant. They both had to escape the stress of what's happening just for a while. The presidents decided to keep everything as a secret. They made it look like that Eunmee and Donghae were on a business trip to Busan.


"Hey. What's wrong?" Kyuhyun asked Sunday when he noticed she's zoned out for the nth time that day. It's just the first day since Eunmee and Donghae left but everything's getting complicated already.


"Huh? Uh nothing. Just thinking." Sunday answered, a small smile forming on her lips.


"You're worried about noona and hyung?" He can already read what she's thinking. "Don't worry. Hyung said they checked in already. They're safe." He added. Donghae already called him a few hours ago to inform them that they arrived in LA already.


"Oh. That's good. How's Eunmee unni?" 


"I knew it. Don't worry. They're really fine. They just need some rest." Just like Henry, Sunday's attachment to Eunmee is something like how sisters do. Since they were the ones who's always together, they grew close to Eunmee.


"Well, that sounds good. I already miss unni." She said, letting a sigh out. He just chuckled and earned a questioning look from his girlfriend. 


"Waeyo~?"


"Nothing. You just look really cute." 


"Yah. You're kidding me." She retorted, poking out her tongue like a little girl.


"Sunday-ah." He called her name, a few seconds after silence passed by. Sunday was busy playing with her chopsticks while Kyuhyun busied himself just by staring at her.


"Neh?"


"I want to be someone like Donghae hyung who'll fight for the girl he loves. And I want to be that guy for you." There was pure sincerity in his voice when he said that. Even Sunday can see it in his eyes.


"Y-yah. Why suddenly become melodramatic?"


He just chuckled then held her hand. 


"Nothing. I was just telling." 


"You're weird oppa." Sunday shot back at him, making a face. "But I'll give you credit for that."


"You better."


Silence.


"Promise me one thing Sunday." 


"Mwo?"


"Promise me, that you'll be the lady I'll be waiting for at the end of the aisle, wearing the most amazing white dress I'll ever see." He said with a sincere smile on his face. He was planning on proposing to her already. And he was just waiting for the right time.


Tonight is the right time.


"O-Oppa." He chuckled, seeing Sunday's reaction. He knew it would be like that.


"Promise me Sunday."


"Are you.... proposing already?" 


"What if if I am?" He dared, looking at her intently. "Will you say yes?"


"I won't say yes unless I see a ring." She said, matching the I-dare-you look in his eyes. Sunday's mood can really change that fast. 


"Ouch. Then I'd get my first rejection huh?" He faked a hurt face, clutching the chest part of his polo, pretending to be hurt.


"I'm kidding. Of course, I'd say yes." Sunday chuckled, poking his cheek. He caught her hand, holding it tightly.


"And I'm kidding also." With one free hand, he took out a ring from the inside pocket of his coat. 


"Omo." She gasped, feeling the cold metal being slipped on her finger. "Y-You."


"Yeah. Me, Cho Kyuhyun, promises to marry Sunday Kim. In every church there is. With all of my heart and soul." He said before kissing the white gold ring on Sunday's hand.


"Omo. K-Kyuhyun-ah." 


"I really love it when you only call me that instead of oppa." A chuckle escaped her lips before holding her hand tightly.


He didn't let go of her hand even when he changed seats to get to her side.


"I love you Sunday." 


"You better give me Eunmee noona's number right now Cho Kyuhyun or else, you'll see yourself rejected." She threatened, her voice shaking and tears forming in her eyes.


"Arasso. I'll give you." His smile brightened, seeing Sunday like that. He's quite sure that she'll call Eunmee as soon as possible that she can just to tell her what just happened. "But can you just call her later? We're still kind of in a momentum here."


"Yah! Of course!" She half yelled, poking his forehead that made him laugh. 


Suddenly,the ahjumma walked in inside the booth with their foods.


"Annyeong haseyo ahjumma. We just got engaged. Do you have any wines here? Just for our little celebration?" He can't hide his excitement and happiness anymore that he has to announce it. Even to the ahjumma of the shop.


"Really? Congratulations~! You kids are a lovely couple! Omo. Of course we have. For you. Wait. I'll get it." The ahjumma looked excited too and even hurried out of their booth. Both Sunday and Kyuhyun just laughed after witnessing the old lady.


"Yah. That's embarassing. You don't have to tell the ahjumma about that." Sunday complained yet a smile on her face.


"What? She even seemed excited about it too." He shrugged, puffing out his lower lip.


"Okay. Stop being cute Kyuhyun-ah. You already have my yes." She poked his cheek, making a face at him.


"What happened to oppa?"


"Know what? I guess I said the wrong answer. I should've said no."


"YAH! Sunday!" He exclaimed, like a little kid throwing tantrums.


Sunday just laughed at the sight of Kyuhyun being childish.


"Mwo? I was kidding okay? How can I turn down someone as rich as you." She teased, grinning.


"So, it's only my money you love?" He asked, giving her his famous Cho Kyuhyun glare.


"What else?" She continued, smiling so sweetly at him. When Kyuhyun just rolled his eyes and about to get up from his seat, she grabbed his arm and started laughing like crazy. "I was kidding Cho Kyuhyun!"


"Yah. That wasn't a good joke."


"You're such a baby. But I love you for that." With her words, she saw how Kyuhyun's eyes lit up.


For a while, they forgot their problem with their seniors.