Chapter Four

Our Secret Love

Regular P.O.V.



The lunch ended blissfully for Eunmee, because no topics about the wedding was brought up once again. She was quite relieved. After having their lunch, they all stayed outside the garden, killing time. Yuri had prepared tea for them to drink and even cookies to munch.


Eunmee sat next to Yunho, while Donghae was sitting across of her. And throughout the whole time, she avoids having eye contact with him with no reason she knew at all. She just don't like to see him smile for now, especially that he's beside Jessica who kept on touching and holding unto Donghae's arm. 


"So, Jessica, what made you change your mind and flew back here?" Hankyung asked as a few moments of silence passed by.


"Dad insisted that it's about time I take part on his company. I can't refuse. But what do I know about running his company?" she replied and laughed at the end of her statement that made the whole group smile also. 


"There's Donghae to help you. You surely don't have to worry." Yunho suggested, smiling. What he said made Eunmee secretly roll her eyes. Especially when she saw how wide the smile that crossed Jessica's face was.



Eunmee's P.O.V.



Wow. Yunho sure knows how to hit me. Secretly.


"Neh. That's what my dad said too. Donghae-ssi will surely help me. Right?" she smiled and turned to Donghae for an answer, which the fish returned with a huge smile. 


"I'll just get a glass of water." I voiced out, getting up on my seat. 


"Come on. I need some cold water too." Donghae had got up from his seat also. I wanted to roll my eyes on him but surely it would just get too much attention from Yunho if ever he sees.


"Can you also get me a glass hon?" I turned to Yunho and smiled lovingly, which is soooooo fake, then said, "Sure hon. Is that all that you want?"


"Yeah. That'll be fine." I just nodded, the fake smile still plastered on my face and headed inside the mansion ahead of Donghae. As soon as my back faced them, the smile faded and a frown replaced.


There was no other people in the huge kitchen. I walked over to the refrigerator and searched for the bottled waters. I sighed after getting two and gently closed the door of the appliance.


"Hey, you look annoyed." Donghae told me, when he got by my side. He was about to touch my cheek but I dodged his hand away.


"Aish. Don't touch me." I said, irritated. Yeah. I am irritated by this guy, by his smile.


"What's wrong? Have I done something?" he even has the guts to ask? Pssssh.


"Nothing." I firmly answered, still avoiding his stare. I was about to leave, but his hand caught my wrist which he held gently.


"What's going on? Tell me Eunmee. What's wrong? Are you mad?" there was a gentle plea along his voice. I can't look at his face, or else I know I 
would have to say everything. I can't. Not now. Yunho would surely suspect if I suddenly act so gloomy. 


"I said nothing." I removed his grip on my hand and went on. But he was too eager to know, ran quickly to stop me from leaving.


"Tell me what's going on Eunmee. You haven't even threw me a glance since you arrived. Have I done something wrong?" he asked once again. Is there? Has he done something? Aish. See, even you Eunmee doesn't know what to answer yourself.


Aurgh. There's the headache again. Like there's something pounding my head. I quickly placed the bottles I was holding on the counter top and held my aching head. 


"Aaaaaah." a silent scream escaped my lips alarming Donghae. He quickly got to my side, and supported my whole weight. 


"Yah! Eunmee, what's wrong?! What's going on?" he was panicking already. I just stayed my balance, holding my head. A few moments of hard breathing passed by and the pain slowly faded. I caught my breath, my heart beating rapidly. 


"N-nothing. I, I-I'm fine." my voice was shaking as I spoke. I can feel my knees quivering because of the weakness I felt for a while. I pushed Donghae away, getting back on my own two feet.


"Eunmee." there was surprise on his voice but I just ignored him. 


"I said I'm fine." I firmly said once again before finally heading back to the others. They were already talking about Sunday and Kyuhyun. I faked a smile once again as I sat back to my place, handing Yunho his water. Donghae came back too, this time, avoiding looking at me also. Huh. Now he has the 
guts to do that now. I'll give him credits for that.


"Really noona, what's with the sudden invitation for lunch?" I heard Henry asked the question I also wanted to ask. 


"Oh, nothing. We just wanna celebrate." Yumi answered smiling. Celebrate? What? Their wedding anniversary was few months ago, and as I can remember, we celebrated it at their private resort.


"Celebrate what? Is there any occasion?" Kyuhyun asked, confusion also on his handsome face. There was huge smiles on Yumi and Hankyung's face. What's with this two?


"I'm a month pregnant." Finally, Yumi spilled making us all gasp in surprise.


"Ommo~! Yumi!! Seriously?!" I asked surprised, and a wide smile on my face. That's the first real smile I smiled that day. 


"Neh. We confirmed it just yesterday." she answered as I gave her a hug. Wow. I just can't believe it. Yumi's having a baby already. So lucky of her.


"Congratulations man!" the boys congratulated Hankyung as we ladies, gathered around Yumi for more details. Because of her surprising news, I 
forgot my annoyance at Donghae for a while.



"This day is surely fun Yumi. And congratulations again." I said as we were getting ready to leave. Everyone had a nice time, that was for sure after hearing the big news. Me myself can't help but smile. My bestfriend is finally having a baby, my first god child. It's really exciting.


Yumi hugged me before we went on. The whole car was in silence as Yunho was driving.


"You wanna go somewhere else first hon?" he turned to me with a smile. Yunho is always the smiley guy. A smile will never leave his handsome face. And that's one thing I admire in him. Too bad I just don't love him that much.


"I just wanna have some rest hon. I feel like my energy has been drained because of excitement." it was half truth, half lie. I just wanna lay down and think about what happened today. Surely, Donghae would be insisting to talk.


"Arasso. I don't wanna exhaust you anyway." 



We got to my apartment and thankfully Yunho didn't insisted on staying long. I quickly got to the shower, and refreshed myself. I let the warm water droplets touch my skin as thoughts of Donghae filled my mind. I don't have any idea what really made me mad today. His smiles at Jessica; the was she touches his arm; her giggles every time Donghae would say something comical; her sweet gestures to Donghae. Aish. What's going on with me?!


Jealousy...



Jealousy Eunmee. You were jealous of her today. Because she can freely express her liking for Donghae..




A part of my mind spoke the answer. Am I jealous? Was I really jealous of Jessica?



You are jealous Eunmee.. Admit it..



I surrendered to my own though. I am jealous of Jessica. 



And that thought remained in my mind as I got dressed.



I went to the kitchen to get some milk and I wasn't surprised at all to see Donghae sitting patiently on the couch looking grim. When I saw him there, I 
just wanted to run and hug him. I wanted to feel his arms around me. But something inside my head keeps me from doing it. I was glued to my position, my eyes focusing at him. His handsome face was expressionless. I can't read anything. 


Now what will I do? What will I say? "Yah! I'm jealous of Jessica! You get me? That's why I was mad a while ago. Shall I say something like that? 


I can feel his eyes, boring in to inner soul. His eyes piercing in my whole body. He slowly got up, and walked towards me. Still, I can't read no expressions on his face. And that's kind of disturbing.


But what he did next surprised me even me more. He locked his arms around me, in a possessive yet gentle way. Like there's someone around who would snatch me away from him. I can feel his warm breath on the base of my neck, his face buried on that spot.


"Tell me what happened Eunmee. What happened to us?" his voice was so gentle that it came out as a whisper. This is one thing I love about 
Donghae. He never let anger eat him up. Even when he's in the most critical situation, he remained calm. He handle things so coolly. This is my 
love...




"I'm sorry." the words slipped out of my lips like it has its mind on its own. I wrapped my arms around him, taking in his scent. His warm touch can really make my heart beat so fast. Just his presence can simply make me crazy.


"Don't. Tell me what I did wrong." he pleaded, his grip on gently getting tighter. " I knew it was me. I'm the reason why you were upset. Tell me babe." 


"N-No. Just forget about it baby. It's nothing important." I assured him, caressing his hair. It was my own doing, I wanted to add but it didn't slipped.


"I want to know." he insisted. 



Shall I tell him?



Tell him..



But how will I? I don't wanna upset him.



"Jessica." her name surprisingly came out of my lips. I shut my eyes, waiting for his reaction. I felt Donghae's loosen his grip on me, and took a glance at my face. A smile is now visible on his face, his eyes, having that shining effect.


"You. You're jealous baby?" why on Earth is this guys smiling?! And he even had the guts to laugh. 


"Waeeee~?!" I asked, pouting my lips a bit. 


"You're jealous of Jessica? That's why you were mad at me a while ago? Baby~!"


"Why are you laughing? It ain't funny!" I asked again. Aish. I shouldn't have told him if I knew his reaction would just be like this.


"I'm sorry. I should've known earlier. Aigooo.. I'm sorry babe. I never thought that you would still be jealous of her. After all its been a few years." he explained, still smiling. I just rolled my eyes that made him chuckle.


"Yah. You don't have to be jealous of her baby.. There's nothing to be jealous about." he added, gently touching my cheek. I just sighed and nodded. 
He was right after all. I don't have to be jealous.


"I'm sorry." I said again. He just smiled and kissed me gently. That simple kiss had washed away everything I felt earlier. I forgot why I became jealous 
and even forgot Jessica herself.


"I understand." he said. But a few moments passed by, something filled his eyes. Like worries. But worries for what?


"Wae?" I asked softly.


"You need to be checked by a doctor baby. What happened earlier was something I can't ignore. I can't let something like that happen to you again." he was pleading. His eyes speak the same. 


"It was nothing baby." I defended. I'm perfectly fine. Constant headache happens to everyone all the time.


"No, that was nothing baby. Please. For me. Just for me Eunmee."


"Once it happens again, I promise. I'll go see a doctor." I bid. I was secretly hoping he would accept it. Please. Please.


"Arasso. Once it happens again, you have to tell me.."


"I will baby."