Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 20

Soo Jin's POV

It's around midnight already yet I'm still awake. It seems like sleep is avoiding me. What's wrong with me? Even sleeping, I find it hard to do.
"Just close your eyes Soo Jin. Think of sleep." I mentally scolded myself. I just wanna rest. Sleeping is the only thing that can take my mind off of Yunho.


Buzzz


Who can that be? It's way too late for someone to visit me.


Yunho.


I quickly jumped out of my bed and headed out of my room. When I checked the intercom, I wasn't wrong at all. It's Yunho. Seeing him stand just right outside my door, my heart started its abnormal beat again.


"Yunho-ah.." I whispered. My mind is messed up. What should I do? Should I let him in? Or should I just ignore him?


Can you really ignore him Jinnie?


I sighed and surrendered. I clicked the open button. I waited for a while before I finally heard him enter my apartment.


"What do you want Yunho? What are you doing here?" I asked him as soon as he stepped inside.


"Jinnie." He's drunk. I can tell just by the way he spoke. And I can smell the strong scent of alcohol.


"Yunho-ah. You're drunk. What have you done?" I was supposed to be angry at him but I can't. Instead I found myself assisting him to get to the sofa. He looked really miserable.


I know Yunho. He won't turn to alcohol even if he's depressed. I've never seen him like this.


"Jinnie-ah. Please. Don't leave me. Don't leave me alone." He said, looking straight at me in the eyes. I can see sadness behind his tears.
But why? Something happened.


"What happened Yunho?"


"She's happy. They're together. And we're not. That's unfair. Life is unfair." By she, is he talking about Eunmee? But they? Who is the other person?


"You're drunk Yunho. Just stay here, I'll get you a glass of water. That'll help you sober up for a bit." I was about to get up but he grabbed my hand, pulling me to him and hugging me tightly. I can't find my strength to squirm out of his grip.


Feeling his warm hug again, his scent, his presence right beside me, I want all of this again. I can't really lie to myself. This is what I really want.


"What happened? Tell me." I said in a whisper, staring at his face. I'm starting to lose my defense again. Only Yunho can make me do that.


But even before he can speak, his eyes bored into mine. The familiar connection is still there. Just like nothing bad happened to us a few days ago. It was still there. 


The next thing I knew is I'm enjoying the feeling of his lips on mine. I forgot everyhting. Just because of that simple kiss. It was only us that mattered to me that time. Just me and Yunho. And no one else.


"Don't leave Yunho." I was out of my mind already. We found our way to get to my room, my head spinning because of the sweet sensation he's giving me. I don't care about the world anymore. All I want is Yunho. Him and nothing else.



Yunho's POV



I felt Soo Jin stirr in her sleep. I can feel her steady breathe on my skin. I smiled just watching her sleep like a baby.


This is something I want to witness for the rest of my life. Soo Jin right beside me, sleeping. I want to see her beautiful smile every morning I wake up. It's her voice I want to hear, soothing me everyday when I come home after work.


Park Soo Jin is the girl that I know and I'm sure of, that I will love for my whole existence.


"I love you." I whispered before placing a kiss on her forehead.


My mind started to wander again. From Soo Jin to Eunmee and Donghae. Even from the start, I can already feel a special connection between the two of them. The way Donghae looked at Eunmee, and the way she does to him. The spark between them is undeniable. I even admit it to myself, she's better with him. If they've been together for years now, then they must really love each other. 


Just like me and Soo Jin..


Me and Eunmee are on the same boat. I know she's feeling what I feel. The guilt and everything. But there's really no reason for us to be guilty at all. 


If she only knew.


If they only knew..



Once I find them, I will tell everyone about me and Soo Jin. That way, both of us will be free from each other. 


I know Eunmee is happy with Donghae. It's not me who's destined to be hers. But Donghae. If only I can be as brave as them.


"What are you thinking?" Her voice was so quiet when she asked me. I glanced at her with a small smile.


"Nothing." I answered, shaking my head a bit. "I thought you're asleep."


"I just woke up all of a sudden."


"Get back to rest. It's still 3am. You can still sleep." I told her. She seemed tired. I can feel she's restless. Her eyes looked tired and it's obvious she lack of sleep. And I feel guilty for exhausting her.


"I'm fine. What's bothering you Yunho?" She insisted. Guess I can't really hide from her.


"Eunmee and Donghae left the country." I watched her bite her lower lip at the sound of Eunmee's name. "They're together."


"For a business trip?" She asked innocently. I can tell that she's still feeling guilty for hiding like this.


"No. They're together. Just like us. They've been secretly seeing each other for years behind our backs."


Her eyes widened a bit and a quiet gasp escaping her lips.


"Omo."


"I know. Me and Eunmee are just the same. So I guess we really shouldn't feel guilty at all." I said, a hint of smile on my face. "They're madly in love with each other Jinnie. Just like us."


"B-but-"


"I will call the wedding off soon. Better if we find them. So I can also tell everyone about us. It's you I want to marry Soo Jin. And I know Eunmee will tell me the same. She's inlove with Donghae, not with me. I'm not inlove with her but with you, I badly am. We both deserve happiness, don't 
you think? And calling out on the wedding is the best thing for us both."


She just stared me, probably still surprised about what I told her.


"Get some rest now okay?" I said before kissing her forehead. She snuggled closer to me and in just a few minutes, she already fell asleep.


Eunmee-ah. Please, just come back.


I fell asleep, my arms tightly around Soo Jin. Even in my sleep, I want to be close to her. I want to feel her presence with me all the time.



Regular POV


Days passed by but both families can't still find where Eunmee and Donghae was. And the pretending act continued for their friends. 


After a few days of staying at the hotel, the runaway couple decided to find themselves an apartment. That way, they can save money. And Donghae was thankful his dad hasn't touched his accounts yet.


"So, what's the good news you're excited about?" Donghae heard Eunmee ask Sunday from the other line. They were currently inside their new living room. The moving and buying of things to fill their new home just took a day.


"Well. Kyuhyun. He already proposed unni!" Sunday happily exclaimed that it even reached Donghae's ears.


"Omo~! Congratulations Sunday-ah!!" Eunmee answered, with the same level of energy.


"Oww. I can hear you from here Sunday!" He complained, covering his ears.


"Is that oppa's way of congratulating me unni?" Sunday asked, laughing that made them laugh also.


"Care to tell me the details?" She asked, excited. While Donghae on the other hand, took her hand on his, intertwining their fingers. And as Sunday was telling her the exact scene, Donghae kept on giving her cheek small kisses, playfully and obviously teasing her.


She gave him a pointed look, mouthing that Sunday's on the phone but Donghae just chuckled, continuing what he was doing.


"Is Donghae oppa initiating a not so wholesome cuddle time? Coz if he is, I can call later. I don't wanna hear weird noises unni, really." 


"Wow. You really are smart Sunday-ah." Donghae loudly said, enough for Sunday to hear that made her shriek and quickly say her goodbye. And when the phone call was finally off, Donghae pulled Eunmee on his lap, his eyes boring into her lovely face.


"You scared the girl." Eunmee scolded him, giving him a that's-not-nice look.


"She understands baby." He answered innocently, smiling like a good boy.