Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter Eleven:

Soo Jin's POV


I quietly sat on the sand, staring at the waves as it hit the shores. The sun has set already and stars had filled the carpet-like sky. I deeply inhaled, enjoying the fresh night breeze of Jeju.


"What happened to you Jinnie? Why are you being like this?" I asked myself quietly. A lot of things are running in my mind right now, bugging me to death.


"What are you doing here alone? And without even a sweater on? You'll get sick Park Soo Jin." My heart beat raced as I heard that familiar voice. I stiffened when he sat next to me, his eyes focusing also on the view ahead of us.


I just quietly sat there, trying my best not to mind him.


"Jinnie. Why? Are you mad at me? Have I done something wrong?" 


I smiled faintly, then turned to him. "Let's stop this Yunho. This isn't right anymore." 


Pain. That's what I saw in his eyes. I know I'm hurting him but this really has to end. I love him and I just can't let the both of us suffer the consequences of this secret love affair.


"Why are you giving up all of a sudden Jinnie? Why now? When I needed you the most?" 


"No Yunho. You don't need me. And she needs you more than I do, Especially right now. She's your fiancee. She has the rights that I don't have. You need to be there for her at this moment." Somehow, I prayed that I'll knock some sense into him but another part of my brains speaks of the opposite.


"Soo Jin." 


"Let's face it Yunho. You know we can never be together. Maybe not in this lifetime. You have Eunmee and you have a legacy to fulfill for your late father. Which is I'm not part of." I smiled sadly at him, taking his hand. "I love you Jung Yunho. And letting you go like this is too painful. I want to fight for the both of us but I have no chance of winning anymore. I admit my defeat in this battle of love already."


I got up, letting go of his hand. I have to turn my back on him like that to stop the both of us from hurting. I don't want him to suffer anymore. I know it's hard for him being in this situation. He's tied into something that he can't never free of.


"Why won't you let me fight for us then?" I stopped on my tracks, a bit surprised of hearing him. 


"Nonsense Yunho. That'll be waste of time for the two of us." 


"Then let's just leave. Leave our lives here and start a new one. Together. Let's elope." He strongly suggested. I heard severe determination in his voice when he said the last word.


Us? Elope? Start a new life? Together? Can we do that?


Soo Jin.


No.



"Yunho."


"I'm serious Park Soo Jin. Just say yes, and first thing tomorrow, everything will be set."


What will I say?


A new life together with him just sounds so tempting.


Like its full of promises from him.


That there'll be no other woman for him, but only me.


Think now Soo Jin.


You better choose wisely.




Eunmee's POV


It's my second night here in this place and I haven't heard anything from Donghae yet. Sunday volunteered on watching me overnight while Yunho had to finish some business in Jeju. 


This should have been a nice time to be with Donghae.


"Wae? Is there something wrong unni?" I heard Sunday asked me as her eyes suddenly got worried.


"Nothing. I'm just thinking about something." I smiled.


"Something or someone?" She asked again, a playful smile playing on her lips that made me chuckle. "They'll arrive tonight unni." 


"I know. He'll probably be very tired from his flight." 


"Knowing Donghae oppa, the first thing he'll do whenever coming back from business trips is that he'll come straight to your apartment."


She has a point. It's a usual routine for Donghae after leaving the country for a few days. I just remained silent, trying to ponder what will I reason out to him when he asks me what happened to me. That'll be easy.


"Eunmee."


That's the only time I realized that the door has opened and revealed Donghae. I immediately sat up, to have a good look on him. 


How did he know?


Seeing him brought a different kind of surprise to me. Somehow, a part of my mind says that he already knew about it.


"H-Hey. What are you doing here?" It was so stupid of me to ask. Of course, it's pretty obvious. Because he already knew. His eyes. They look so fresh from tears. His face looks so tired, maybe from his flight and business things. 


"I'll, uh, I'll just buy something." Sunday excused herself out of the room. It's pretty obvious she just wanna give us some time alone to talk. Coz she knows herself that we really do have a lot to talk about.


"How was your flight? And the conference? I'm sure it went well." I tried to make my voice cheerful though, inside, I already wanna cry.


"W-why haven't you told me Eunmee?" And after those words, all I knew was I'm enveloped already with his hug. And I can tell he's crying. I can hear soft sobs escaping his lips, his breath, hot against my skin. I can feel his tears, soaking my hospital gown.


"I-I'm sorry." That's all I can say. Seeing him like this, gives more pain than what my illness can give me. I can't stand seeing Donghae like this.
We stayed like that for quite a time. He hugged me tighter than he usually does. Like he's afraid I might disappear in a sudden.


"I'll take you to California. My dad knows one of the best oncologist there. She might help us. You'll get better soon." I wasn't surprised at all hearing those words from Donghae.


"Babe. Let's not make this hard for the both of us. Stage three isn't that easy to cure anymore." I bravely told him. I know it myself. And Dr. Shin already told me the chances of getting cured. 30%. 


"No. Eunmee. We will make everything happen." He said, still persistent. I can see his desperation but I know, it will be impossible. I know, it will be just impossible.


"Let's not talk about it first babe." I cleared it off, placing a hand on his arm to stop him. He just nodded and kissed my forehead.


"I love you Eunmee." He whispered, making me smile a bit. I wish we'll get back to the normal times like I don't have any dreadful disease to fight.


"I love you too." I answered, closing the small gap between us with a kiss. Just like everytime that our lips would touch, we would both forget about the whole world. It's like we're the only person alive.


"Lee Donghae! Kim Eunmee! For heaven's sake! What are you two doing?!!" Hearing Mrs. Lee's voice made us break apart.