Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 21

Donghae's POV


It was past midnight already when I woke up. Eunmee wasn't beside me anymore, yet I can hear soft cries coming from the bathroom. I quickly got up and hurried to check on her. She was on the bathroom floor, crying as she was tightly clutching her head. She seemed to be in great pain that it panicked me.


"Eunmee!" I almost screamed her name when I knelt down beside her to cradle her in my arms. Her face was pale as ivory, even her lips that she's biting hard. "Baby. What's wrong? What's happening to you?" I asked her, panicking. 
With all her might, she just shook her head. 


"I-I'm o-okay. T-This is n-normal b-babe." She said, her voice trembling. Her face speaks for her. She's being tortured by her cancer. Deep inside her.


"I'll take you to the hospital now. Okay? Hang on baby." I said, before scooping her up from the cold ground. I made a ran to the door, grabbing the car keys on the way. 


"You'll be fine baby okay?" I assured Eunmee as she was being lead to the emergency room, laid down on a stretcher. I let her hold my hand which she gripped hard as if it became her life line already.


The doctors and nurses quickly attended on her, me being chased out of the cubicle so they could have a better check on her.


Waiting for the doctor that checked on her was the longest moment of my life. I can't keep myself from pacing back and forth. I can't be calm at all. My phone started ringing, flashing Hankyung hyung's number. I answered it both trembling hands and voice.


"Hyung. Eunmee's at the hospital right now." I said, trying to calm down. I'm a calm man but when it comes to Eunmee, I always lose myself.


"Wae? What happened?"


"I woke up and found her in the bathroom clutching her head. It's her cancer." I sighed. I should've brought her here in the hospital the very first day we arrived. 


"What did the doctors say? Is she okay now?"


"They're still checking on her. Oh god. I hope nothing bad happens to her!" I sighed, sitting down on one of the chairs outside the emergency room. 


"Just relax okay? Eunmee will be fine. You're in California. The best doctors are there. Calm down will you? Remember the reason why we chose Cali Donghae. Call me if the doctors had said something already." He reminded me before ending the call.


I stayed sitted, my hands turning cold. I won't be able to forgive myself if ever something happens to Eunmee.


I won't let anything happen to her.


You can't Donghae.



"Donghae." I heard someone call my name and when I looked up, I saw Eunmee's attending doctor in front of me.


There was no hint of surprise in my face when I faced the person right in front of me. I mentally prepared myself for. Like what hyung said, the reason why we chose California.



Regular POV


It was past breakfast time already when Yunho arrived at their mansion. He spent his night at Soo Jin's just like the past few days. She was the only thing that can relieve his stress. And for the past few days, their fights subsided. He was thankful for that.


"Oh. Yunho dear. Where have you been?" She asked him, giving him a peck on the cheek. His mom was eating alone at the huge dining area. He just smiled and occupied his usual seat on the grand table.


"Just somewhere mom."


"How are you my son? It's been a week already. And I know you already miss Eunmee. And I'm sure, your anger i-"


"Mom. Please. It's too early for that." He stopped her, midsentence even before she can finish. He hears the same thing from his mom everytime they would talk. A week had passed now, yet he still has no lead where Eunmee and Donghae are. 


Sure, his mom thinks he's mad at Donghae and Eunmee but deep inside, he feel sorry for them. Just like the way he feels for himself.


"Yunho dear." His mom was still astonished of what he just said. Never in his life he answered like that to his mom.


"I'm trying my best to look for them, okay?" He just said to stop an arguement. Finally losing his appetite, he got up.


"Where are you going?" His mom asked, worriedly looking at him.


"I'll just change and I'll head to work." He shortly answered before heading to his room located on the left wing of the second floor of the mansion. And right in front of his door was Donghae's room.


Curiousity attacked him as he noticed it was slightly opened. He'd never been inside his room. It's like an unwritten rule for the both of them to never enter each other's room. And it will be his first time to see Donghae's sanctuary.


He knows he shouldn't but, he can't fight his curiousity anymore. He'll surely find his answer there regarding where he can find Eunmee and his step brother.


The room was painted in Sapphire Blue, matching Donghae's cool personality. His king sized bed was neatly done, his personal belongings neatly organized to each place where they should be. The balcony over views the back garden and pool. 


On a book shelf placed near the tv, several pictures were displayed. Most of them were pcitures of Donghae himself with Eunmee. Even a solo picture of Eunmee was there. Just by staring at them, anyone can say that they're more than friends. The way they smile with each other.


"It's just undeniable." He whispered to himself, smiling a little as his eyes crossed a picture of Eunmee and Donghae with Henry. Next to it was a group picture with Kyuhyun, Hankyung, Yumi, Sunday, Ryeowook and Henry with the couple.


That's it..