Chapter 27

Our Secret Love

Eunmee's POV

 

After beig released from the hospital, I kinda felt relieved and livelier. I don't know why but I am quite sure that it has something to do with the freedom that me and Donghae was getting. We were free to hold hands everywhere we want. I can freely kiss him without anyone giving us judging looks. It was like the life that we actually yearned for. This was the perfect place for us. The perfect get away trip.

 

"You look beautiful baby." I looked up from my cup of coffee to see that Donghae was staring at me for God knows how long. He has this smile on his face that I love the most, making his eyes smile too.

 

"I love you. So much." He added, reaching for my hand so he could hold it. I gave his a gentle squeeze, smiling in return.

 

"I love you too. More than anything." I responded sincerely and genuinely. I can't still believe that despite of the ruckus we left in Korea, I am feeling peace right where we were. I have him and my mom. They were enough to make me feel that way. As for my dad, I know he understands me and Donghae, why we actually chose to just run away.

 

"Are you happy Eunmee?" He was still looking at me with that same expression and I can't help it but just smile back, matching the grin on his face. 

 

"I've never been this happy. What about you? Are you happy?"

 

"I'm happy that I can stand up on this table and even shout it to everyone for them to hear." He was grinning like a boy and I know that look. He is damn serious about the shouting thing. And I wasn't mistaken. As soon as I opened my mouth to speak, he got up, stood up on the table which was enough to gather everyone's attention who were also in the shop that time.

 

"Donghae." I hissed, my eyes widening and my cheeks starting to get flush because of embarrassment. Everyone's eyes were on us.

 

"Everyone. I want you to know that right now, I am extremely feeling happy that I can feel my heart bursting out of my chest." He started, his english perfect and very fluent(lol.). His words stopped everyone from what they're doing and turned to them instead.

 

"And the reason for that one is because of this beautiful lady that I am with right now." He glanced and winked at my direction which made me go pink, probably even red. I never really liked attention especially when it's from a crowd wherein I don't know anyone. 

 

"You see, me and her had been through a lot. We've been in a very complicated relationship for years and we just had this kind of freedom ever since we arrived here in LA. And for sure I will forever reminisce on our memories here." He chuckled and continued talking. "I know it's hard to fight for a love that is really forbidden. There were times that I wanted to give up. At the end of the day, I would be asking myself, 'is this worth it?'. But just remembering our moments together, the love that I know binds us together, it makes me feel strong again. This girl, the love of my life, is my strength and my weakness as well." People's eyes and attention where already on him. But he was just smiling, his eyes gazing towards at me. "You know that I love you Kim Eunmee. Right? I love you more than anything else. I love you until the last second of my life. And I want you to know, that I am willing to do everything for you. But, I just want to ask you one favor. One tiny favor." He then said, jumping down off the table top and right in front of me. The smile on his face only grew wider, his eyes gleaming with joy.

 

"Marry me." In a blink of an eye, he was already kneelig right in front of me, a ring on his hand. The ring gleamed under the sun light, my tears starting to cloud my eyes. Everyone went quiet, waiting for me to utter a word. When I turned to look back at Donghae, it only made my heart skip a beat. The way he stared at me, his eyes beaming with love and sincerity. 

 

"Yes. Of course." I nodded, trying not to choke on my words. The crowd beamed with applause, cheering loudly for us. 

 

He slipped the ring on my finger and placed a swift kiss on the back of my hand. 

 

"I love you baby." I cupped his face, smiling through my tears and placed my lips against his. The cheers got louder, making me giggle. 

 

Right there and then, I know I won't regret saying yes to his proposal.