Chapter 25

Our Secret Love

Donghae's POV

 

Its past midnight already and Eunmee's peacefully sleeping. After the drama earlier, I'm sure she's drained. Plus the effect of her medicine made her succumb to sleep. As I look at her, I can tell she's already at peace. I know she misses her mom too, although she's not saying anything.

 

"I love you so much Kim Eunmee." I whispered as I kiss her hair, inhaling her familiar scent. Just then, the door opened. Her mom, Dr. Kim Wonhee, entered quietly.

 

"Eomonim." I greeted as I did a bow. She smiled at me, standing beside the bed, her eyes never leaving the sleeping girl in front of us.

 

"How is she Donghae?"

 

"She's okay eomonim. We've talked already. And she's not mad anymore. Don't worry. I'm sure, you'll be able to talk to her tomorrow." I assured the elder woman, giving off a warm smile. I've talked to her for a couple of times already, in person and through phone, but seeing her right in front of Eunmee, even a blind person can tell how much she's longing for her only daughter. 

 

"She has every right to be mad at me Donghae-ah. I left her and her dad without any warnings."

 

"That's not true eomonim. You left for her own good. You had to leave because you wanted to search for some cure for her condition." 

 

Before Mrs. Kim left Eunmee and her dad, she already knew about her daughter's illness. Any mother would want her child to be fine and live normally. That's what pushed her to leave and finish her medicine proper. For Eunmee. She told me how she flew to the States, to study at the best Universities about leukemia. And there she ended up in Los Angeles, getting prepared for this day to come. 

 

The night I found out about Eunmee's condition, her mom miraculously decided to appear. Yes, she contacted me that night when I was having the most stressful night of our lives, the night when everything was revealed. It was with the help of Eunmee's physician back in Seoul who happened to be her mother's colleague, that Mrs. Kim found out about her daughter's situation.

 

"If I haven't, this shouldn't have happened. I should've been there for her all these years when she needed me. If i did tell them earlier about her condition, she'd have a normal life. Not like this." Her eyes were clouded with tears as she spoke. I felt a soft tug in my heart, missing my own mother so much. The mom, me and Eunmee had then.

 

"Don't blame yourself eomonim." I said, grasping her hand lightly. "What you did is for Eunmee's good. And I know, that will help her get well. I trust in you. We trust in you."

 

"I'm glad that my daughter has someone like you Donghae-ah. She's lucky to have a man as loving as you are." 

 

A smile escaped my lips after hearing her say those. "No eomonim. Its the other way around. I'm lucky to have your daughter. She's a precious gem that's worth taking care of." 

 

 

 

Regular POV

 

Soojin stepped out of the office, her head hung low. Her thoughts were in ramble, there's nothing straight coming out of her mind. 

 

"Hey." She looked up hearing Yunho's voice call her attention. He was standing in front of her, his hands taking hers in his.

 

"Yunho." 

 

"What did she say?"

 

"I, it's positive." She heaved a sigh before continuing, her eyes on the floor. She can't bear to look at Yunho at that time. "I'm 3 weeks pregnant. With your child. Our child." The last words came out as a whisper. She felt ashamed for no apparent reason at all.

 

All of a sudden, she felt the guilt increase up to ten times for doing such unforgivable thing with Yunho, behind everyone's back. An innocent child will be born out of a sin. 

 

"Soojin. Aren't you happy?" His voice were the exact opposite of hers. He sounded like he's the happiest man alive. Well, he is feeling the same. Hearing a good news like that, he just can't hide it. "Like what you said, you’re now pregnant with my child. Our child." He gave her hands a gentle squeez, wanting her to know that he's happy. Beyond happy.

 

"But, with all these things, happening around us, what are-"

 

"Don't think about anything else Jinnie. Just think about us, our future, our child. Leave the rest to me. I'll fix this on my own and we'll be fine. Happy and free. Arasso?" 

 

She felt herself answer with a small nod, Yunho quickly pulling her into a hug. She nuzzled her face on the crook of his neck, taking in his scent to calm him down. That moment, she felt safe and secure. Maybe if she would really just leave everything to him, it'll all be fine.

 

 

Yumi's POV

 

Yunho. We can't be wrong. That is Yunho's voice. Definitely. But, who's Soojin? And that means, all along, Eunmee and Yunho's relationship is just false pretense. Not only Eunmee was faking everything, but also Yunho.

 

"Eonni." Sunday tugged on my arm, pulling me to a corner before Yunho and the girl he called Soojin can even catch a glimpse on us. We watched them enter the elevator car hand in hand, smiles plastered on their faces.

 

"Who's that girl? And Yunho oppa did really got her pregnant?" I turned to Sunday, letting out a sigh before speaking.

 

"We can't confirm unless Yunho admits everything."

 

"But he just said it eonni. That girl is pregnant with his baby. And he looks so happy. Not to mention, he did look at her differently, in a loving way." What she said was right. It's pretty obvious that Yunho's overflowing with happiness.

 

"We should tell Donghae oppa. I'm sure he and Eunmee eonni will know what to do."

 

"Let's tell Hankyung first. It might not be the good time."