Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 16


Donghae's POV


"Call me when you already landed in California. So we'll know that you're safe." Hankyung told them when they were already getting ready to board. 


"Neh hyung. We'll inform you. Don't worry." I said before giving him a manly hug. "Thanks for everything hyung." I added.


"It's nothing. Anything for the two of you."


"Take care of Yumi and your baby, okay?" Eunmee reminded him when she hugged him for the last time. 


Hankyung hyung smiled, told us one more reminder to take care and be safe, before we entered the boarding area. Me and Eunmee turned around to see him one last time, and waved. He waved back and we continued inside. I didn't let go of Eunmee's hand anymore. I want to feel her right beside me everytime. I've been too afraid already that I might lose her.



"Hey. What are you thinking?" I turned to look at Eunmee who's staring at me with those soft look in her eyes.


"Nothing. Just got zoned out. That's all." I answered her with a smile then squeezed her hand to let her know that I'm really fine.


When the plane took off, that's the only time I felt relieved. Me and Eunmee are secured already. No more ties to think of. We're free already. But I know, somewhere in the future, we have to come back here and fix everything we'll be leaving behind.



"Babe. Wake up." I quickly opened my eyes as soon as I felt Eunmee's light tap on my arm. The plane just landed. And maybe because of my exhausted body, I slept longer.


"Oh. We're here already." 


"Neh. You look tired. Guess we have to look for a hotel as soon as we get out of LAX so you could rest properly." 


"I'm fine babe. I already had enough sleep anyway." I answered, smiling sleepily. I can't still believe where we are already. In Los Angeles, California. We're already free to hold hands everywhere. I can freely kiss her without being afraid of getting caught by people. I'm free to scream how much I love her anymore. There would be no more people to judge us.


No one knows us here anymore.


We're just plain Lee Donghae and Kim Eunmee.


A plain couple who's madly in love with each other.




Me and Eunmee had to squirm our way out of the huge crowd inside the airport. Passengers here and there, seriously, it's a huge headache. I'm just thankful that the weather is good. A perfect not-so-hot afternoon. 


"Come on. We can ask from the information booth for a car rental." I told Eunmee who's patiently waiting for what I'll say. A smile formed in my lips as I watch her. She's just too pretty to be not noticed. Everyone's turning their heads just to have a good look on her. 


I gently took her hand and intertwined it with mine. I'm just too proud to let the other people that I'm hers. And she's mine, all alone.


"We can take a cab to get to the hotel then we can ask there." She suggested. She looked tired already and I don't wanna exhaust her body or I'm risking her health at once.


"Better. Let's go?" She nodded and she softly drag me to the part of airport where a line of taxi cabs were waiting for passengers. I really don't mind pushing the cart with one hand while holding her on the other. I even find it comfortable.


"Oh. Hold on." She stopped and crouched down to pick up something I can't cleary see from the ground, letting go of my hand.


As I tried to reach for her hand again, people started walking past between the two of us.


Wait. Where did these people come from? 


I tried to reach for her again but the number of people passing was making it harder for me. Until Eunmee already got up, also trying to reach me. What's with this people?! They're already dragging me away from her. The distance between me and Eunmee was getting bigger.


No. I shouldn't. I can't lose her.


I called for her name again but my voice was getting drowned by the noise of such huge crowd. Eunmee was doing the same, squirming her way to get to where I was. 


But it seems we're not even moving. We're just getting farther from each other.


"How can this be?" I muttered to myself, my eyes widening when I saw the guy who's behind Eunmee.


Yunho..


"Eunmee!!" I screamed her name out loud when I saw Yunho dragging her away. Eunmee was trying to get lose from his grip but I know Yunho's stronger than her. 


I have to help her. I can't let Yunho take her away.


I tried harder to make my way out of the crowd but those people from nowhere kept pouring out, making it impossible for me. And seeing Eunmee being dragged farther from me, its like every ounce of energy in me is being drained. I can't watch such horrifying scene. The girl I love being taken from me. Right in my eyes. 


"Eunmee!" I screamed one more time again. But she's already out of my sight


She's gone.