Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

 

Chapter 19

Regular POV

Mrs. Lee was having tea outside their room's balcony when she heard her husband arrive. She welcomed him with a hug, only to hear a bad news.


"They already left Seoul. And we still don't have any lead." Her husband informed her as he was removing his tie. Looking at Mr. Lee Dongjun, he aged a few years. He looked restless and very stressed.


"How can that happen?" She asked, not even bothering to hide her anger. "How can your own son do this to you? To Yunho? Dongjun-ah! You have to do something about it." She exclaimed. She would anything for her son. And she won't let anyone take something that's for Yunho. 


"Yeobo. We still don't know what's the real reason behind Eunmee and Donghae's relationship." Her husband calmly said, rubbing his wife's arms wanting her to understand what he meant.


"No. You're saying that because you're siding with your son. Of course you would. He's your own blood and Yunho isn't. Yet he already did something that's wrong." She sighed, even showing her disappointment.


"It's not like that. I know its wrong but shouldn't we listen first to what Eunmee and Donghae would say?" 


"Your son is just like your late wife Dongjun-ah." She saw how Mr. Lee's face softened. "He did the same like what his mom did. She took you away from me. You should've been Yunho's dad. We should've been happy." She was almost getting hysterical, her tears forming in her eyes already.


"Yun Ja-ah. Will you please calm down? Donghae has nothing to do with us anymore. Ours was different." He explained but Mrs.Lee just ignored him, walking past by him to get to the balcony. "We'll sort this out okay? Yunho is also doing what he should do." He added as he follower her out. 


But she won't still look at him.


"Disown your son. Freeze all his accounts. Take all of his money. I'm sure they would come back as soon as you do that. They won't be able to afford living in a foreign country for long especially that Eunmee is sick."




Mr.Lee felt his body stiffen when he heard his wife's suggestion. Donghae is still his son, his blood. And whatever he did, he still need to consider his side.


"Yeobo. Isn't that too much? You said it yourself, Eunmee is sick. If I do that we might put her life in danger."


"See? You're even being considerate of Donghae despite what he did. Of course. Me and Yunho are nothing for you. We're not even your real 
family." He seriously can't bear hearing his wife say those things. He already consider them as his family.


"I'm not okay. I'm just thinking about Eunmee. That girl is basically like my own daughter. And she has cancer. Yeobo. You have to understand."


"But Eunmee is Yunho's fiance! My Yunho is here to take care of her."


"That's why we have to talk to them. To know what's the real story."


"I don't know! We just have to find Eunmee and process the wedding. That wedding should happen." 


Mr. Lee just watched his wife walk out on him again. He's badly torn in between his son and his wife. Donghae is the only thing that his late wife left him and he can't also lose his precious son. He and Mr. Kim is actually the same. Only, his late wife died. But Eunmee's mom is still nowhere to be found until now.


Hae Ra-ah, please let me know what should I do right now...



Regular POV


After retiring early the previous night, Eunmee felt very energized when she woke up. It was already past 11am when she glanced on the wall clock. She didn't even bother looking for Donghae when she can hear the sound of shower running from the bathroom.


It's been two nights already when they left Seoul. And she knew what their dads are feeling right now. Both are furious to find them.


"A penny for your thought?" She smiled when she heard Donghae's voice as he got out of the bathroom. He has a towel on his hand, and he was bare on the upper part, showing his firm muscles and well built chest.


"You wouldn't afford it Mister." She joked, rolling her eyes.


"Hmmn. I'm rich. Maybe I could."


"Yeah right."


He just chuckled and sat next to her on the bed. They just looked at each other for a while, smiling like crazy. This is how they want to spend their daily lives. Just both of them.


"So. What does my queen wanna do today?" 


"I don't know. Go shopping?" She smiled. Shopping with Donghae is something she wanted to do ever since. She wanted to hear him compliment her when she tries on a dress, him to hold his hands as they window shop and drag him to every store she wanted to go in. Just like a normal couple.


"Seriously babe? Shopping?" He asked, faking a frown.


"Yah. You were asking me. I just answered."


"Aish. Okay. Okay. Let's check out Rodeo drive. I know you're dying to go there." Donghae really knows what she wants. 


"Thank you baby! You really are the best." She happily said, getting up from the bed and hugging him. "I love you.." She said before giving him a peck on the lips.


"Go get ready now okay? While you're preparing I'll call for room service." 


"Okay. I'll have pancakes and bacons." She reminded him with a wink before running inside the bathroom.


She can't erase the smile she has on her face. Everything is just going well for them. They're free to do everything they want to do. They can finally walk hand in hand in front of many people, something she always hoped for.


But there's one thing that she can't fully erase. Her cancer. The bruises on her legs reminded her of it. She stared at her reflection on the full length mirror, the bruises clearly seen. She ran a hand on them, biting her lower lip. How she wished she could just erase all of it. Her cancer, so she can freely live with Donghae.


"Babe. Breakfast is here already. Aren't you done yet?" She was a bit startled hearing Donghae knock on the door. She quickly pulled down her robe to hide her legs.


"Yeah. In a minute babe." She answered, proceeding to getting ready.


Maybe for a while, they can forget about it.