Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter 22


Eunmee's POV


I woke up feeling light headed. I opened my eyes and the unfamiliar white ceiling greeted me.


This isn't our room..


I glanced araound and saw Donghae, asleep on the recliner next to my bed, his head on the my bed.


I'm at the hospital?


What am I doing here?



Donghae must have felt me moving that woke him up. His eyes lit up seeing me awake. He quickly got up to have a clear look at me.


"Baby. You're awake already. How are you feeling?" He asked me, his hand gently caressing my cheek.


"Just a little light headed." I murmured, enjoying his touch.


"Thank god you're okay now." My eyes voluntarily closed itself when he placed a kiss on my lips. He murmured something that I didn't even understood. But I know it has something to do with me, waking up and how relieved he is.


"What happened?" I asked.


"I saw you on the bathroom floor, crying because of your headache. I quickly brought you here. That was the other night. You were asleep for 40 hours now baby." He answered. 40 hours? Wow. I slept that long? "I'll call the doctor first baby, okay?"


I just nodded and he left the room. I sighed, my head staring at the ceiling above me. That was all I can remember, I woke up that night, my head pounding with pain. I went to the bathroom to take my meds but I guess I passed out even before the medicine kicked in. And now I ended up here.


"Eunmee-ah."


I heard my name being called. And the voice sounded familiar.


Very familiar..



Flashback


Right after her classes, Eunmee asked her personal driver to drive her straight to their home. As always, she was pretty anxious on seeing her mom. It's been their daily routine that they'll eat snacks together once she got home from school, her mom helping her with her homeworks.


"Ahjussi. What do you think umma has prepared for me today?" The 5 year old girl asked the man driving with a pretty smile on her face.


"It's a secret that your mom told me not to tell you little bear." Her very kind driver answered, winking at her. She just pouted that made the ahjussi chuckle. 


"Arasso. I'll just wait till we got home ahjussi." She replied, giving up. Right now, she just wanna see her mom and tell her what happened at her school that day. 


"Umma~!" She called when she ran inside their huge house. When she heard her mom's voice, she headed to the kitchen, her long brown locks, bouncing as she skipped happily.


"Hey princess." Her mom greeted her happily when she scooped her in her arms, placing a kiss on her big cheeks.


"Hi umma. I missed you." She smiled, nuzzling her face on her mom's soft hair. She always loved being close to her mom for she felt safe and secure with her. Just like to her dad. But since her dad isn't with them often, it's usually her mom.


"Aigoo. I missed you too baby." Her mom set her down on one of the stool chairs inside their kitchen before setting their snacks in front of her. 


"So, how was your day at school?"


"It was nice." And the ecstatic five year old girl started relaying her stories, making her mother laugh at her cute gestures. They spent the whole afternoon as they usually do, doing her homeworks and when nightfall came, they prepared dinner together.


"Appa~!" Eunmee ran excitedly to her father when she saw him enter the dining area. 


"Oh. My princess. Where's umma?" Mr. Kim asked her daughter after giving her a peck on the cheek. Exactly, Mrs. Kim was entering the kitchen, a serving of their main dish on her hands..


"Yeobo." She greeted him and placed the dish on the table first before walking over to her husband and daughter.


"Dinner smells good." Her dad complimented as they occupy the half of the huge dining table.


"As always appa." She replied, her smile growing wider.


Their dinner was blissful, and it never failed Eunmee to wait for the next day where she could spend another dinner time with her mom and dad. 


But she never thought that that would be her last.


"Umma?" Eunmee asked sleepily when she felt her mother touch her cheek. She's not a heavy sleeper, she wakes up with the slightest of touch. Especially when it's from her parents.


"Ssssh. Get back to sleep princess." Her mom, told her with her sweet voice. Though a bit hazy, she can picture a smile on her mother's face.


"I love you baby. Always remember that okay? Mommy loves you no matter what happens." She heard her mom whisper at her, when she hugged her tightly. She nodded, savoring the touch of her mom.


"I know umma. I love you too." She answered, her eyes slowly drifting off to sleep. And she felt her mom's kiss on her forehead before finally stepping in to her dreamland.


The next day was a nightmare to her. She went to school without seeing her mom at all, even her dad. She comforted herself with the idea that Mrs. Kim just went out to do grocery. And when her dismissal time came, she's hundred times excited to go home. It's been just a day but she badly miss her mother already and she can't wait to see her.


"Ahjussi! Let's head home arasso?" She politely asked when her driver held the door open for her. She failed to notice the sad look on the old man's face because of her excitement.


"Young miss, your dad asked me to drive you to his office." The kind ahjussi informed her that confused her. It was rare that her dad ask him that.


"Waeyo? Is mom with him there? Oh! We're probably gonna eat somewhere right, ahjussi?" But the old man stayed silent, confusing Eunmee even more. She just shrugged and patiently waited until they arrived at the 30 floor building of her dad's company. The company guards lead her to the private elevator that will bring her to her dad's office straightly.


And as always, being the sweet daughter of the CEO, she greeted every employee she passes by. 


"Appa~!!" She excitedly squealed, seeing her dad talking to someone on his phone, looking out on the windows. When he heard her, he quickly shoved his phone back on his pocket.


"Oh. Eunmee-ah." Her dad smiled, a smile that didn't reach his eyes. But to a little girl like her, she doesn't know the difference of a fake smile from a real one.


"Where's umma? Aren't we going now appa? I'm hungry already!" She whined cutely, roaming her eyes around the huge office. But there was no sign of her mom. She turned back to her dad, her eyes filled with questions.


"We need to talk princess. Umma isn't here."


"Oh. Is she at home then?" She innocently asked. Her father just let out a sigh, before kneeling down on front of his daughter to match her eye level.


"Umma isn't home either princess." He answered, looking straight at the eyes of his 5 year old daughter. He doubt it if he can bear seeing his daughter's tears once he break the ice on her.


"Wae? Where is umma, appa? Is she gone to visit halmeoni? Aigo. Halmeoni and haraboji, I forgot. They're in heaven already right appa? Then mom can't visit them." She giggled at her own silly question but her dad didn't even smile. "Appa. Where is umma?"


"She's gone princess." She blinked twice, in confusion. Gone? How can her mom be gone? She was just with them last night.


"Appa." She maybe five years old only but she's smart. When she saw how her dad stare at her with sad eyes, her tears started stinging her eyes. 


"U-Umma's g-gone?" She asked in a whisper like voice. 


Her dad nodded, and her tears started escaping her eyes. 


End of flashback [/i]