Our Secret Love

Our Secret Love

Chapter Thirteen

Regular POV


After getting sent out of the room, Donghae headed home. His mind was still in great rumble. Eunmee's cancer, the scene a while ago, finally getting caught of their secret and lastly, his stepmother's words about his mom and dad. His thoughts were messed up. 


He absent mindedly got inside the shower and let the cold water droplets wash away all of his thoughts. He's tired from the conference, and all. But how can he rest his mind if he can't stop thinking about what just happened back in the hospital. 


Donghae's POV


No. They can't take away Eunmee from me. I'll do everything I could. I will.


I promised you Eunmee.


I'll be back for you.



"If I wasn't martyr enough to let go of your dad, you probably won't be where you are right now. Your mom is nothing but a home wrecker! She seduced your dad for his money!"


I can't get her words out of my mind. What was she saying? I know my mom can't do those things. 



flashback

Donghae's POV

I was the one who's currently with my mom in her hospital room. Just the other week, we found out that she's suffering stage 4 cancer. And it was the most painful news I've heard. I can't believe it. My mom. She's slowly dying just right in front of me yet I haven't noticed.


"Donghae-ah." I heard her call my name. 


"Neh? What is it mommy?" I asked her, sitting next to her on the bed. There was no sign of weakness on her face. I adore my mom for that. She never showed me her weakness. Because she knows, my only weakness is her and Eunmee.


"How are you and Eunmee?" She asked, a small smile playing on her lips. This is why I adore my mother show much. She never thinks for herself at first, its always me and my dad on her priority list.


"Mom. You're in the hospital, admitted, yet you're asking about me and Eunmee? You really are a superwoman eomma." I jokingly told her that made her laugh. I've never seen my mom cry because she was hurt, it was always because of happiness. Not even when she was diagnosed with cancer.


"I don't want the two of you to make the same mistakes that me and your dad did in the past." Seriously, I can't understand a thing that mom was saying. What does she mean by that?


"Mom. What are you saying? What mistake you and dad made?"


But she never answered my question with the answer I wanna hear, just a smile.


"Fight for her Donghae-ah. Never give up on Eunmee. Always trust your love, never doubt each other. Time will come and you two will face different kinds of hardship. But never let one ruin what you two have. I want you to be happy with the woman you love my son." 


"I will mom. I promise."


end of flashback



I don't want the two of you to make the same mistake that me and your dad did in the past. 


Until now, I can't figure out what she wanted to tell me that time. But right now, I need to figure out how me and Eunmee will get out of this mess.


"Hyung. I need your help." I straightly told Hankyung hyung as soon as he answered his phone. I don't care if he's asleep or what, but I need his help. That's all.


I told him what happened, and I got the reaction I was expecting. They were worried for the both of us.


And calling Hankyung hyung gave me the best answer for now.. 



Earlier with Henry

"Come on. I have an idea." He said, pulling Queenie up from her seat.


"Yah! Where are you taking me?" She asked, struggling to let go of his grip on her. Instead of answering her, Henry walked to his car and opened the door for her.


"Just get in Queenie. As if I'm gonna bring you danger. You know me." He smiled his cheeky smile that made the girl-with-no-choice-at-all to get inside his car.


He was too focused on driving that Queenie felt awkward already. She knew Henry wasn't this quiet. She can sense that there's something wrong with him. Even when she saw him earlier.


"You have a problem Henry. What is it?" She bravely asked.


But he just smiled at her and continued driving. She remained quiet, her mind wandering over him. They weren't best friends at all, but she grew up with him. She practically can read him like a book.


"Yah. What are we doing here?" She asked again when they got out of his car. He brought her by the sea side.


[i] What's wrong with this guy? 



"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!" Her eyes widened in surprise and fear when she heard Henry scream so loud that she felt she'll go deaf if he continued one more minute, screaming like that.


"YAH! What's wrong with you?!" She said, hitting his arm hard. 


Henry remained quiet, watching the sea view in front of them. She had never seen him this serious. His image had always been the cool cheeky guy. 


"If you have a problem Henry Lau, you can tell me. Whatever it is." She told him, placing an arm on his shoulder. Henry on the other hand, just gave her a small smile as his answer.


The both of them remained silent, just watching as the waves meet the shore. She can hear him quietly sobbing. Whatever he was facing, she feels sorry for him. It must be something hard that it made Henry lose his defense.


"I don't know what will happen to me if I lose someone special like her."


So. It's a girl.


She must be really special for him. 


What a lucky girl. 



She thought as she continued listening to what Henry was saying. There were still tears in his eyes.


"She became my older sister that I never had. She's one of the greatest person I've ever met. I know she's not a perfect as a saint, but she still doesn't deserve being in her situation right now." He explained further. She felt relieved when she heard him say older sister


She's not his girlfriend.


Just an older sister.


Yah! Queenie! What are you thinking?!