Chapter One

Our Secret Love

Donghae's POV



"Just pick one Eunmee. Me or him." I flinched at my own question. I can't even say his name, like it's some kind of word that can poison my mouth.


"Donghae.. Not that please." she answered without even looking at me. She turned her gaze towards the night view of Seoul visible from her penthouse. 


It's not the first time I asked her that, yet I always get the same answer. She'd been avoiding that question ever since but I kept on pushing it through. 


"Wae?!" the three letters slipped out of my lips angrily. I tightly grabbed on the sheets of her bed where I'm sitted, staring at her back. "Why Eunmee? Why can't you just choose one from us?" I didn't mean to burst like that but I just can't help it anymore. I love her too much that it pains me being in such situation.


"You already know why Donghae." her voice sounded so calm, unlike mine, raging with pure anger.


Kim Eunmee and I had been together for three years now. Only it's a secret to everybody because she's already engaged to my step brother, Jung Yunho, the man I've always hated because of the only girl that I loved truly.


"It's me you love Eunmee, not him." I reminded her, trying to calm down the tone of my voice. The last thing I need right now is me and Eunmee fighting. 


"But this is all wrong." she sighed.


How can this be wrong? We both love each other only there's a barrier that's stopping us both to be happy. And that's my step brother. 


"You can't say that Eunmee. You know that we both feel the same way. You don't love Yunho. It's me you really love." it all came out from my mouth in a speed of light. She turned around to face me.


How can I not fall for this lady in front of me? She's the goddess of every man's dream. And I know, I should be happy because I have her. But I have someone, a rival over winning her completely. 


"And you know how much my dad owe him, his late father." sadness can be sensed in her voice. Her dad and Yunho's late father had once an agreement that their children should marry each other and Eunmee's dad wanted to fulfill it.


"Let's talk some other time Hae. This isn't a good time, you're tired and stressed out. You should rest." she headed to the door but it didn't stop me. I stood behind her as her hand went to take a hold on the door knob. There's ony a few inches gap between the two of us and I know she's aware of my presence behind her.


"Just choose one Eunmee." I watched her as her hand retreated back to her side. I've never pushed through this far and I know I did surprise her. Her beautiful face turned to me, with eyes filled with questions. 


"Wae?" her voice came out as a soft whisper. And hearing her, it pains me inside even more. I can feel my heart as if being gripped by a cold metal hand. 


With my good reflexes, I closed the small gap between the two of us, pinning her against the wall with my arms to block her ways of escape. Our bodies almost touching and my face only a few centimeters from hers. Her sweet scent started to fill in my nostrils and her breath, touching my skin. I fixed my eyes on her, looking directly at her light brown orbs. With such closeness, I know she can feel the loud beating of my heart and the rapid up and down movement of my chest. 


"Donghae-ssi." my name escaped from her lips. The sound of my name coming from her was the sweetest melody I've ever heard. Every time she calls me, it feels as if its angels calling me out. 


"Neuhl saranghae Eunmee-ssi." was all that I can say. I need no words to explain it to her. "And it kills me being in this situation always babe." I said afterwards, leaning my forehead against hers, and my eyes shutting tightly. I can't look at her straight cause it kills me slowly inside. I don't 
know if it was fear or sadness I saw in her eyes a while ago. But I'm sure, she knows what I feel. Why I'm like this.


A few seconds of silence passed by, only the sound of her aircondition can be heard, I felt her warm and soft hands cup my face gently. She inched her face closer to mine that I can already feel her lips on mine. 


"I know baby, I know how you feel. I know the pain you're bearing cause I'm also hurting because of the same thing. And you know why we're like this. Because I love you too much that I can't let you go even though I know that this is wrong." she whispered, gently caressing my cheeks. I can taste her breathe on me as she explained. And her words are like daggers piercing through my heart, leaving it wounded.


I finally got the courage to open my eyes as I felt tears roll down from the corner of my eyes. She wiped it away, placing trails of kisses on it. I stared at her, her eyes shining because of the tears that I know I caused.


I leaned down to kiss both of her eyelids, wanting to stop her tears from falling. I trailed down through her cheeks and placed small kisses on her lips, teasing her. Just like every time I get to taste her lips, it turns to a great addiction that I can't stop.


The small kisses turned into a deep one as she responded to it. Both of her arms automatically went around my neck and mines, like it has its own mind, got around her waist, pulling her closer to me.


"It's you I only love Lee Donghae." she whispered sweetly to my ear as my lips started to get down on her jaw line, leaving trails of kisses and love bites. 


"Say it again Eunmee. Say it." I mumbled as my lips settled on the crook of her neck, trying to find her sweet spot.



"I don't love anyone else but you Lee Donghae." she said, lifting up my face and making our lips meet. We shared the same passion as our kiss deepens. In a split second, we're already heading our way to her bed without even breaking the kiss. 


I laid her down on the bed, my eyes boring into hers, digging deep through her soul. Everytime that our eyes will meet, I always get lost in it. Just like now, I'm lost in love with her. Completely. Madly in love with this girl. 


"I love you Eunmee." I said, whole heartedly as my lips descended into hers, sharing a kiss once again that's full of passion and love.



"Eunmee.." i whispered her name, waiting if she would respond. Her face was buried at the crook of my neck and I can feel her steady breathing, touching my skin. 


"Hmmmn." I heard her mumble. She must be dead tired after we made our bodies into one. Everytime something like this would happen, she would be at the same position, feeling the warmth of my body close to her.


"You can always tell me if you're already tired of this kind of set-up." I said quietly which came out as a whisper already. Hiding ourselves to public is really tiresome. I wanted to announce to the whole world how much I love her yet I can't. I wanted to hold her close to me in public but I can't cause to the eyes of other people, she belongs to another person. And not with me.


"Donghae.. What... What are you saying?" she was surprised by what I just said and I can see it. She quickly sat up, looking at me intently. Her eyes speaks the same as what I can see from her pretty face.


"I'd be willing to set you free if it's you who'll let go first." i swallowed the lump on my throat, avoiding her eyes. I don't want her to see the pain I'm feeling, not anymore.


"N-no.. Don't say that." I can tell that tears are now starting to cloud her eyes, just by the sound of her voice, it's already obvious. "I would never get tired if it's you I'm with Donghae. Remember that." she cupped my face and made me look at her.


Fear is what I saw in her eyes. Throughout the years I've been with her, I've never seen her get this scared.


"I'm scared of that day to come Donghae. I don't know what will I do if ever that'll happen to us." she said with tears in her eyes. I can feel her sincerity with her words and me myself, don't have any idea what will I do either if ever it happens.


"I'm just saying babe. I just want you to know that I love you too much that I'd be willing to set you free if ever you wanna get lose." I pulled her closer to me and hugged her tightly to comfort her. 


"You're scaring me Donghae. Don't ever say that again. Please." she pleaded hugging me back tightly as if she's scared that anytime I'll be gone from her side.


"I'm sorry babe." I placed a kiss on the top of her head. We stayed like that for a few minutes until she felt okay again. When I felt her steady breathing against my skin, I'm certain she already fell asleep.


I stared lovingly at her sleeping face with a smile. I can't help but ask myself how me and Eunmee ended up like this, how lucky I am to be with her, how happy we are despite our situation. I smiled and placed a small kiss near her lips that made her smile in her sleep. I've been like this everytime she'll be next to me, asleep. I always loved watching her sleep, hearing her mumble my name in her dreams. Oh how I loved such moments.


"I love you Kim Eunmee." I whispered to her ear before I slowly drifted off to sleep. Even in my dream, its her pretty face I see.