Verdict (Nayoung • Hana • Sejeong • Haebin • Mimi)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Verdict

Characters: Kim Nayoung, Shin Bora, Kim Sejeong, Han Haebin, Jung Mimi

Requested by: lmw217

===

Making a choice was never a part of my choice in general. When there’s abundance, you’d sail in for everything to test the waters of satisfaction. But alas, even after taking a , four evangelists of God have faced me. And I know for a fact that I wasn’t beseeched in my favor.

“It’s been days, Nayoung.” I saw Leadernim cross her arms.

“What happened to deciding from the four of us?” Mimi mimicked her.

Well, that almost rhymed…

“Who is it going to be, Nayoung?” Haebin leaned by the wall.

“You better pick me, Naong.” Sedong made a face.

“For the love of s, I’m not picking, okay?!” I batted and shooed myself away. “Is the phrase ‘I cannot choose because I love you four’ unclear to you?”

Well, that didn’t help as they chased me throughout the dorm.

, help me…

+++

“Hiding won’t help your cause, human.” Mina sat on the chair as she sipped her tea. “And hiding under the table won’t help either.”

Hiding was my only solution and Mimi’s demonic spawn had to joke around casually. It was too small and my tall structure was going to crouch itself like I was Gollum. Their voices rang around the dorm again and I could pray to the Almighty that they won’t find me.

Alas, it was not on my favor.

A jolt got to my spine and I hit my head and I was pulled out by hands who was holding my legs. I reacted and struggled. It felt like being pulled by a ghost.

I saw the four faces again. Technically, I’d see them all the time but with the kind of gaze that looked like they wanted to offer me to the demons, I could flip out of their agenda again.

“Yah! I told you I won’t choose!” I spat.

“Time will come that you will,” Haebin added.

“Again with this...” I sighed.

I decided to get up, avoid the topic, and change and go outside to relieve myself.

•••••

Four of us were gathered around the living room, the ambiance becoming like one of those in conference rooms. Mina went out with Sohye, Hyeyeon was bedridden of her fever, and Sally and Soyee went on a date.

Nayoungie? She went out to relieve herself, at least that’s what she excused herself for. And now, we had the living room for ourselves.

Mimi was like the cocky son of a , chewing her gum. Sejeong had the stale look as her forehead shone better than the Moon. Haebin was the IDGAF mom and I was chic as usual.

“Shall we begin this discussion?” I asked.

“We’d better make this quick. Hyeyeon might wake up soon.” Haebin said as the rest nodded. “I still need to make her some soup.”

“One…our dear Naong.” Sejeong began. “Last time, she turned into the residential flirt and now, it was off. With that in mind, we should make the initiative this time and engage a little competition.”

“A competition? Seriously?” Mimi batted.

“Oh, are you going to back out?” I smirked.

Mimi chuckled and said no. I couldn’t help myself again. “You should’ve. That way, Nayoungie won’t have any difficulty picking.”

“Very funny, Bora.” She batted.

“Two…what should the competition be about?” Haebin asked.

“As said earlier, let’s twist the tables and take action. The one who makes Nayoungie’s heart flutter, wins.” I grinned.

Sejeong raised a thumbs-up, Mimi was eager, and Haebin forced herself to agree. I chuckled at the fact that they weren’t backing down.

“Three…this should have a duration. Let’s make this clear.” Sejeong added. “We’ll make any advances. We’ll do it in one day when Naong comes back.”

“Five!” Haebin objected.

“Four ing days, Jesus…” I huffed and they seemed to agree. “Four it is. Consider it for Nayoungie~”

“You’re not going to win this, Hana.” Mimi spoke.

“You sure drive a hard bargain. Let me add that the loser won’t have privileges to be with Nayoungie.” I spat.

“You know, guys…” Sejeong got up and flexed. “Naong is going to be mine.”

I was driven like the others and made declarations that Nayoung would choose only one of us…

…that Nayoungie will choose me.

+++

It was morning and I was calling Nayoungie to come with me to the café. The rest of the members were on their schedules, especially Sejeong and Mina. Hyeyeon went home to heal and the rest of the idiots went somewhere only God would know.

I heard a thud and went into the living room. I saw Nayoungie sprawled on the floor holding a bowl of nuts.

“Nayoungie, what are you doing?” I chuckled to help her out. “Are you okay?”

“Leadernim...” She greeted and got up. “I got clumsy and fell. But I caught the bowl of nuts, though.” She ate a piece and offered the bowl. “Want some?”

I smiled and got some, tossing a piece on the air and catching it with my mouth. “Didn’t you hear me call?”

“You called? I was listening to music I didn’t hear.” Nayoungie reasoned. “Why? Is there a problem?”

“I wanted us to go to the café.” I pouted.

I saw her check the time and she faced me again. “I have schedules with Sejeong and Mina for our promotions but two hours is a lot of time, right?”

Nayoungie was the sweetest. Two hours would actually kill her time but she was obliged to come with me. Nonetheless, we decided to get ready.

+++

We managed to arrive at the café we loved, ordering ourselves tea and blueberry muffins. We got to our table, the orders served in less than a snap. Nayoung got the kettle and poured me some tea and unwrapped my muffin.

I could plaster a smile for her sweetness. I ate it and Nayoungie poured her own cup and drank.

“How about you, Nayoungie?” I asked and unwrapped hers. “Here. Eat.”

“Thanks.” Nayoungie grinned and ate hers.

“I’m excited about your promotions as a sub-unit.” I started a conversation. “It’s going to be a bop.”

“I pray so. But let’s not talk about that, Leadernim.” Nayoungie said. “This time is about the two of us.”

She was right and she got back to her sweetness again. I nodded and held her hand, talking about almost anything, letting the two hours be worth it until she needs to go for her schedules.

A span of two hours was really short but I hope that it will all be worth it in the end.

•••••

I would’ve chilled and relaxed after a day of hectic schedules but my body wasn’t agreeing with my thoughts as it got out of the dorm on a Friday night.

Naong called and her voice was a sign of drunkenness. She was drinking with Sally and Soyee and I swear, if I get there, I might kick those idiots’ asses. I would agree to let her come with them as long as they don’t get her drunk.

But did they obey? Nooo~

“Naong, where the are you?!” I batted as she called again.

I’m not telling you, you Ahjusshi.

“You sound like Soyee because you sound like an idiot.” I batted again. “Listen. I’m going there to get you guys right now.”

Yah, Kim Sejeong?! Did you just diss me?!

“Shut the up.” I spat at Soyee. “I’m going there and get you guys home, !”

Don’t bother. This better be not one of your moves to win my heart, Kim Sejeong. Because there’s none of that.

I could slap Naong’s face as she got to me defenses. The call ended and I managed to arrive at the bar that they were in.

How did I know where? She and Mina talked and that little didn’t keep shut when I asked her.

I finally saw Naong all dizzy but some guy was trying to assault her. I got mad and went to push him away. I managed to help her up and find their table within the sea of people.

I got Naong to sit down and pinched Soyee’s ear from there. “Idiot!”

“Aish, okay, okay! My bad!” Soyee jolted and carried Sally on her back. “Let’s go.”

Despite being shorter than Naong, I managed to carry her on my back and Soyee and I got to her car and went home.

+++

I was preparing a lot of stuff and the last on my list was a bowl of ox head soup. As I placed it on the table, Naong had woken up. I went to check on her, adding by her hair.

“How long was I out?” Naong blinked and was still dizzy.

“All night, Naong.” I said.

Naong checked her clothes and wondered. “Did you undress me?”

“I didn’t have much of a choice,” I added and got the bowl, getting a spoonful of soup. “Eat.”

Naong grinned, getting the bowl and spoon and eating the soup herself. I chuckled and was still sitting next to her, admiring how cute she was when she ate.

“Don’t we have a schedule today?” She asked me.

“Nah. Mina, Sally, and Mimi-unnie are filming for their respective dramas. Soyee and Haebin went to visit Hyeyeon.” I answered.

“I see.” Naong nodded and emptied her bowl. “I want to do something.”

“Then let’s go out and play arcade games.” I offered.

“Now you’re talking!” Naong cheered.

I smiled. Deep down, my conscience smirked and did somersaults.

This was my big chance.

•••••

I was in relief, happy for this wonderful moment. Nayoung and I were at Namsan Tower for a date and we had Hyeyeon with us. Not only that wee missed our maknae but this was also my chance to have a score with Nayoung.

The others have done their part and I am next to showcase what I got.

“This has been the best day ever!” Hyeyeon cheered.

“But it turns out to be your tiring one, hm?” Nayoung patted her head after she got a yawn.

Hyeyeon could only nod and I hitched us a taxi back to the dorm. The three of were at the back. Nayoung and I were next to each other and Hyeyeon laid, her head on my thighs.

“I had a great time, Haebin-ah. Thank you for this.” She smiled.

“No problem,” I added. “But this is just Part 1 of our date.”

Within distances and moments of waiting, we arrived at the dorm. Nayoung went to carry Hyeyeon towards our room and tucked her to bed while I made stops to check the other members when I stopped to see Soyee having a make-out session with Sally.

“The …” I muttered.

Soyee chuckled as she and Sally quickly redressed. Nayoung managed to catch up and averted her gaze as she cussed. “What the , guys?”

“What?” Sally chuckled. “We’re girlfriends, silly.”

“Thank goodness the devils are on their schedules.” Haebin sighed. “Anyways, I leave the dorm onto your hands.”

“Why? Where are you guys headed to?” Soyee asked, buttoning her shirt.

“Date,” Nayoung answered.

“Let’s have a double date~” Sally proposed.

“Let them have their fun, baby. Let’s stay here.” Soyee hugged her from the back.

I raised a thumbs-up and pulled Nayoung out. We were greeted by the cold evening but luckily, we wore jackets to keep ourselves warm.

“So where are we heading?” Nayoung asked.

I could chuckle of the cuteness she delivered that I held her hand. “We’re off to eat some ddeokbokki.”

•••••

After finishing a schedule, Nayoung and I went to a bar to have a drink. Nayoung kept complaining. She even had to add that I was a sick motherer.

“No. Sejeong is a sick motherer. I’m a spawn of the Devil.” I joked.

“What difference does it make, Mimi-unnie? And why the bar? I had my drunk moments and I’m not going to drink again.”

“Silly. That’s because you had hard ones. We’ll have soft ones. It’s just like drinking juice. Trust me.” I assure her.

“Okay.” Nayoung held my hand back. “But you better order a lot of pork belly.”

+++

The place we were in was a fusion of a restaurant and a bar so I managed to order Nayoung the pork belly she wanted and some cosmos. I could chuckle of her. She was eating so healthily.

“This is delicious, unnie~” She commented.

“I’m glad you love it.” I smiled.

“Isn’t that Mimi-unnie?”

Nayoung and I wondered of the voices when I saw the ’99 liners. Mina was with them, holding Sohye’s hand. For the others, they were noisy, especially Yeunjung.

“Wow. Never thought they’d hang out here.” Nayoung commented.

“Tell me about it.”

“Unnies~” Mina waved and got closer. “You didn’t tell me you guys dated here.”

“Yeah, yeah…” Nayoung shrugged. “…now go and have fun with your friends.”

“I’m going to hang out with you guys afterward.” Mina cheered.

“You want none of this.” I batted.

“I have to be honest, Mimi-unnie. Nayoung-unnie looks like a dork.” Mina batted. “Aside from her unmatched socks, she looked like she came from that last ride she went with Sejeong-unnie, like she got lupus.”

“Well, you look like little Lucifer that’s been yanked out of Satan’s womb.” Nayoung smiled.

I reacted loudly, laughing my heart out. Mina laughed with us then smirked. “So shall I let Hana-unnie win this competition and tell her of your date with Nayoung-unnie?”

I stopped and I shoved some bills to Mina. “I was kidding. Go. Eat with your friends.”

I pushed her off and bid her goodbye. As I faced Nayoung, she had a cold look on her face.

“What did she just say to you?!” Nayoung batted.

Damnit, Mina. For a moment, I thought you were my fellow devil.

“That was nothing. Mina and I are fellow devils and we joke around.” I chuckled and cooked another piece of pork belly. “You can have some more belly.”

Nayoung sighed and ate some more. I felt relieved she didn’t think about it a lot and we continued our date.

•••••

I admit that I was the dorky one but my sense was never wrong. As I walked towards the kitchen, I saw Leadernim, Sedong, Haebin, and Mimi-unnie gathering by the living room.

I heard their conversation and boy, was I damned?

“Oh !” Haebin reacted as our eyes met.

“Naong?” Sejeong saw me and had a ed-up look.

They all got to my attention and we were having worried faces. In my case, I couldn’t blame them of their little competition towards me. I made their spirits ignite with my skinship. Mainly, it was my mistake.

“Are we still into this?” I asked, scratching my head.

“Well, you didn’t want to choose. But seriously, Nayoung…” Leadernim added. “…you can only stick to one.”

“I can’t…okay?” I stated. “Either we settle this or we won’t do this anymore.”

The four were shocked. Sejeong even reacted. “You kidding me?”

“Come on~ we’re happy like this, right?” I persuaded again. “Admit it~”

Mimi-unnie was the first to agree. “True. I like the sense of competition but commitment isn’t my thing.”

“I get the point too,” Haebin added. “You’re too cocky for my tastes, Nayoung. No offense.”

“Touché.” I pointed.

I look at Sedong and Leadernim but they still want to do this.

“Come on. I said I won’t choose. I love you guys a lot. Besides…” I pointed. “…we can’t date.”

The two groaned and finally agreed. I could collapse.

Finally, it was settled.

+++

I was chilling at the back. The members and I were going to Taipei for MCountDown. Sally was in China and Hyeyeon was still recovering. Soyee and Mina were playing games at the front while Leadernim, Sedong, Haebin, and Mimi-unnie were by my sides.

I got a text from each of them, asking me to have dinner with either of them. I would’ve chosen but I shrugged.

“Look. I love you guys and all…” I began. “…but it’s not worth it tonight.”

“Yah, Kim Nayoung!” They reacted, causing Soyee and Mina to look at us and causing me to laugh hard.

===

This has been Verdict. For the reader who requested this, I apologize for the delay. I was busy with my other stories yet I can never forget this. I also hope you'll like this.