Collaboration (Sejeong)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Collaboration

Characters: Kim Sejeong

Requested by: hailqueens

===

Who knew time flew so quickly? It was almost September, almost eight months since IOI had disbanded. And recently, most of my former members reunited. Too bad for me, I couldn't meet them due to a shooting for School 2017.

It was a day-off and I sighed. They would be busy now. I sighed again. I miss them.

Mostly, I miss Chungha.

"Sejeong?"

I looked to see Mimi-unnie. She wondered of my sad look but I could only look at the window, watching the raindrops fall and flow beyond the glass.

"You're just as down as the weather, Sejeong." Mimi-unnie said.

"Yeah..." I nodded.

"Missing her?" Mimi-unnie asked.

I chuckled in my thoughts. Who knew this troublemaker of an unnie knew?

"Yes." I said.

I felt Mimi-unnie drawing closer and felt a hand by my pocket. I shrieked and watched Mimi-unnie cackle as she had my phone on her hand. 

"If you miss her, call her." Mimi-unnie said. "If she was busy, just try."

She gave my phone back and left the room.  Although it was almost platonic to call anyone at this hour, I sighed and dialled a number.

I hope she answers...

•••••

It had been the end of another day of schedule. It was the end of our practice and I was exhausted, feeling the sweat drip around my skin. I was also sleepy when a towel was tossed in front of my face. I looked up, seeing Leadernim.

"Get changed and get ready." Hana-unnie said.

"Why?" I asked her.

"Have you forgotten? You have a date with Chungha, remember?"

I could slap myself as I hastily grabbed my fresh extra clothes and went to the bathroom to change. It took me some time to change,  to fix myself, and to look good as Hana-unnie took my towel and got my bag ready like I was a kig going to school.

"Break a leg, Sejeong. Don't even intend to fail this day." Hana-unnie said.

"I wish I could join you, unnie." Mina pouted.

"Too bad Sohye's busy." I said and Mina whined cutely. "But I'll send your regards to Chungha."

I bid the rest of Gugudan goodbye and went towards the said meeting place. The trip was almost close to call but I'm glad no sasaeng or even decent fans swarmed.

I got to the place, turning my head in all directions to look for her. My eyes sat foot on a statue and there she was, looking so beautiful as she looked around. I smiled and waved for her to notice me and went closer.

"Sejeong..." Chungha spoke, almost shocked.

I scratch my head and was inches away from her. I did the usual greeting when she tackled me for a hug. I chuckled and hugged her back.

"I miss you..." Chungha mumbled.

"I miss you, too..." I said back.

We broke to look at each other and I couldn't help but cup her cute cheek. She smiled and leaned onto it. God, how I missed her...

I slowly let go to hold her hand tight. "Where do you want to go tonight?"

"Shall we eat?" Chungha asked.

"Sure." I nodded. 

Chungha and I decided to eat some good old chicken feet by the street and drink soju. It was almost a kind of date far from our ages but nonetheless, my time with Chungha mattered a lot.

We ate, we drank, we talked about our lives since the disbandment, and even our relationship. There were often times Chungha decided to let go, fearing that we'd get bored of each other but I always tell her to stay strong. She even said that she missed me and asked why I couldn't reunite with the rest of the IOI, unlike Mina.

"Drama. Schedule. School 2017." I said. "I'm really sorry I couldn't make it, babe."

She pouted and I could ogle to death. I oinched her cheek and rubbed her chin and she goes all critter mode, making me chuckle.

"You've watched my debut stages, right?" Chungha asked.

"Yes. And I loved all of them." I said

It didn't stop there. We even told each other jokes and talked until we emptied our bottle and pack. When we were done, I decided to send Chungha off to her dorm. When we got there, I escorted her to the door.

"It had been a wonderful night, Sejeong. Thank you." Chungha said.

"No sweat." I smiled.

Chungha sighed and reached for my face. She was smiling sadly.

"What's wrong?" I asked.

"I'll miss you again..." Chungha could almost cry. "It'll be quite sometime seeing you again."

"I know. But we'll meet up on shows someday." I said to cheer her up. "You need to rest now."

Before I could bid ado, we shared a wonderful kiss. It almost got me dizzy but it might have to do woth the soju but nonetheless, I indulged on something so wonderful.

We broke, said our 'I love you's and Chungha got inside. I walked and grabbed a taxi, heading back to Gugudan's dorm.

As I got to my seat, I smiled. It had been such a wonderful night.

•••••

I was the last one to get up and the first one to react of a show the rest of Gugudan were watching. It was a variety of music programs but it all had the same footage.

It was Chungha...and she was performing with Kim Samuel.

"Hmm..." Nayoung-unnie spoke. "...the chemistry's neat."

"Sh! Don't say that." Haebin-unnie hushed.

Oh, I heard it pretty well. And being the mature woman I was, I had no right to react. But when it had to involve Chungha, how can I not?

I texted Chungha if she was available now. I just hope she is.

From: GoddessChungha

Later. 1PM. Seoul Café.

"Sejeong?" Nayoung-unnie called. "I was joking. The chemistry ."

"Yes, yes..." Haebin-unnie nodded to. 

I just nodded, considering the fact that they were trying to ease me off of my jealousy. But at this point, I was relieved.

I get to see Chungha later.

•••••

I was now at the café and got americanos for the two of us. I was fiddling my fingers when I saw Chungha coming inside. And seeing from her look, she must've been fresh from dance practice.

She ran to hug me and I hugged her back. I thought she would let me go but she hugged me tighter. She sits by my legs and I supported her.

"I miss you..." Chungha said.

"Me too." I said back. "I got you an americano."

Chungha went to sit on her seat and sipped her americano. I got mine and sipped some when the said footage from a while back played on my head. I peer by Chungha's hands and asked.

"I've seen your performance with Kim Samuel a while back. Which hand did he hold?" 

"That was just a replay. The latest episodes were shot yesterday. And he held this hand." Chungha raises her right.

I grabbed some wipes, grabbed Chungha's hand and wiped her hand off. Chungha chuckled. "Someone's jealous."

"To hell I am. I get triggered when someone touches your hand during performances." She also wipes the other hand. "Only I have the privilege to hold such wonderful hands."

Chungha smiled and pinched my cheeks. "You're so cute, baby~"

I chuckled and loved Chungha's hands on my face. She releases and held my hand, intertwining our fingers. "Don't get that thing in your head. Let's enjoy this date."

I agreed. I took a sip again and we enjoyed the day together.

•••••

Gugudan have been preparing for an Act 3 for our comeback. For today, we have our meeting with our manager.

"So I have news for you nine." She began. "Jellyfish has proposed for a collaboration with a solo artist in one of their songs. Also, another special collaboration with a certain member."

"Wow~" Soyee clapped lightly. "Who could it be?"

"Is it from another company?" I asked.

"Chinese?" Sally asked.

"Again with the Chinese people, Xiening." Soyee sighed. "I got dibs on a good singer."

The door opened and our manager welcomed what happens to be the manager of the other artist. I could rub my eyes in disbelief. The other manager was very familiar.

"Manager-nim~"

I gasped again. And when two people came inside, I could squeal like a mad seal. 

It was...

"Sejeong~" She tackled me for a hug.

They all cooed and I was still shocked. I hugged her back so tight and Mina and Nayoung-unnie joined in to hug her too. Then, they all sat down in a circle as the two managers began discussing.

"Yes. Gugudan will be collaborating with Kim Chungha." GGD-Manager said.

"It's a privilege to finally meet you guys. I even get to meet fellow members Sejeong and Mina, even a fellow contestant, Nayoung-unnie." Chungha said.

"You didn't tell us before, Manager-nim." Mina pouted.

"Yeah. We could've settled a welcome arrival and let Sejeong lead." Nayoung-unnie commented.

Everyone cooed and laughed and I could almost slap the headlights out of Nayoung-unnie. Chungha blushed lightly. It made me blush too.

"Okay, lovebirds and children." Chungha's manager spoke, making us laugh lightly. "So in Act 3, there will be two proposed bonus songs. One would be a song sang by the whole group and two would be a duet with Chungha and a picked member from Gugudan."

"I got dibs on Sejeong." Soyee cooed.

"Haha." I reacted. "What would be the basis of picking, Manager-nim?"

"It would depend on the song." She said.

I could cuss in my head, all while I was squealing. I'm so surprised Chungha will collaborate with us. But what made me boost some competition was the duet. I'd die to sing with my goddess.

"So what we will do today is the said group song. Let's go to the recording studio for a dry run." The managers said.

The rest nodded and followed them. I stayed for a bit and hugged Chungha from the back. She chuckled and we went out together.

At the recording studio, Chungha talked with the composer and they were discussing. I could wow. 

"So Chungha will be singing with us and she's composing with-wow, Sejeong. You got one talented girlfriend." Soyee clapped with Nayoung-unnie.

"Of course." I chuckled while bragging.

The little ones went first and we were given copies for the lyrics. I took time to read them and I smiled of the deep words. I never thought my goddess was so talented. 

•••••

The preparations went on for weeks and I was with Gugudan on stage, nervous. I could almost faint when I saw Chungha with her attire. We're at the shooting for MCountDown and she was still promoting for 'Why Don't You Know'. I went closer to her and she gave me the smile that I loved so much.

"I love you, Ahjusshi." Chungha whispered.

"Me too. I really do. You're the best. I'm grateful that we could collaborate." I said back.

"Chungha, Gugudan, standby." 

"Break a leg to us, Ahjusshi." Chungha winked as she got onstage first.

I felt a peck by my cheek as she ran. I chuckled.

+++

Chungha performed first and I always had my reactions, also earning annoying remarks from Soyee and Nayoung-unnie. We were next, performing Wonderland and A Girl Like Me. Third was our collaboration song and yes, I got the part to duet with the love of my life and my heart's true desire.

After the performances, we decided to go eat. But then, Chungha and I had our own plan as we decided to go to Namsan Tower for our date. It was a wonderful night as we walked around, ate together, took pictures, and even bought our love lock.

Chungha and I wrote something on it and locked it with the rest of the other locks. I gave the other key to Chungha, adding a kiss on the palm.

"Yah. How could you be so sweet?" Chungha pouted.

"I'll always be sweet to you, my dear Chungha." I winked and pulled her for a hug. "Even if we've disbanded, I hope our relationship will last."

"Oh, it will be...because I love you." Chungha said as she hugged me. "I love you, Sejeong."

"I love you too, Chungha." I said back as we kept on hugging and enjoying the night.

===

That was the story, everyone. Mind me for the flow since I'm in the brink of writer's block and I didn't want to come for this story to be so cliche that I had to end it quickly to avoid any mishaps.

Mind me for the update. I had been busy and tired from stress. I'll update when I have time and when my body is capable enough.