Vogue (Hana • Nayoung)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Vogue

Characters: Shin Bora, Kim Nayoung

Requested by: lmw217

===

Sickening noises of squealing and screaming rang around the corners of the canteen as I witness a sea of students flocking around a certain someone. I sighed of it, covering my ears.

"Heol...all that getting in your nerves?" I looked up to see Mimi. "You look distressed."

"What do you think?" I asked back.

Those noises only meant one person. It was no other than Kim Nayoung.

Together with other girls, plus Mimi, Sejeong, and I, we were first honors in our section. And in fact, Nayoung is the first honor of Section 4 and is by far the most popular among us. Her whole fame towards everyone in this school is one thing that pisses the out of me.

She was tall, her hair flowing like silk, and her looks could almost kill anyone off of their feet. But me? It was killing my nerves. It was almost immature of me to feel jealous because, come on? I'm the first of the firsts. I'm Shin Bora. I'm ing HANA for a reason.

"Aigoo...calm your , pretty." Sejeong remarked. "Let me calm them down from you-"

"Not a chance, ert." I hissed.

"Let us go somewhere and play games instead." Mimi suggested.

"No trouble for this , thanks..." I pointed to myself as I pushed Mimi off lightly.

Sejeong and Mimi are retards sometimes but they understood me more than anyone. They intend to bug me because they knew that I didn't like Nayoung's essence of popularity. It's like saying that we're the same all the while asking of what she has that I don't.

But the thing is to why I can't fathom to ask and say is because...

"Hana."

The three of us looked to see Nayoung and her fans looking at us. I pulled Sejeong and Mimi's ears so that they'd let go and I replied. "Yes, Nayoung?"

She smiled at me. She went closer and asked me out for dinner. She smiled towards my nod. She was even nice to Sejeong and Mimi. She lent a hand in which I held. She was even at my side as we walked, with Sejeong and Mimi going ahead like heads.

Kim Nayoung was too good. She was beautiful inside and out, a reason to why I have no right to be jealous. Because if I say my true feelings, it's like killing an innocent kitten.

•••••

"Is the food good?" I asked.

"It is, Nayoung." Hana smiled. 

"Do you need more?" I asked again.

"I'm good." Hana nodded.

"But we do, Nayoung." Mimi raises her hand and gave Sejeong a headlock. "Make that two more orders."

I nodded and went back to the aisle to order. Students' eyes were on me and they even made way for me so that I'd go first. I sighed and went ahead.

Being popular was no joke. It was in the boundaries of blessings and curses. It was nice for people to know you and take interest in you but also annoying for them to bug you the whole day. But then, being a top student in Section 4 was justified of my fame. The only ones who don't bother me were my friends within the Nonagon.

The Nonagon is the group of the top students in the nine sections of senior high. Examples are me, Hana, Sejeong, and Mimi. There were the others but I mostly was comfortable with the three, especially with Hana. 

Shin Bora, Hana as what we like to call her, was someone that I like. I was always happy with her around. Sometimes, Sejeong and Mimi were like Thing 1 and Thing 2 who spoil my time with Hana but they were close to Hana. Hana's friends will also be mine.

I got to order extra cake and Sejeong and Mimi got their slices. I bought extras for Hana and I and I scooted Hana's slice towards her.

"You didn't have to, Nayoung." Hana smiled cutely then pinched Sejeong and Mimi's ears. "Yah! Have a bit of decency, will you?"

"What?!" Mimi whined.

"Ah-thanks, Nayoung-seriously Hana!" Sejeong spoke.

"No problem." I smiled. "Hana, do eat some more."

Hana nodded lightly and resumed eating. I did the same and enjoyed this little moment with friends, especially this moment with her.

•••••

I was at my classroom, discussing to the class of a special event for the school wherein all senior high sections will be participating. I was glad that my classmates were really cooperative as they shared ideas and suggestions.

"The main event would be a clash of the sections, almost like the Amazing Race. All nine sections will be competing. Bracketing of opponents is still on-going." I said.

"Will we be fighting off against Section 3?" Stone Nayoung asked. "I want to kick Master Sejeong's for messing with my notes."

"Nayoung, we do not tolerate that kind for intention for the clash. Do remember that." I said.

"Master Hana, will we lose?" Sojung asked. "I'm a wee bit scared that maybe Section 7 will us up. You know how Master YalMimi can be."

"We won't." I sighed.

"You know one thing that I'm hoping?" Heehyun asked. "I'm hoping we won't be competing against Section 4."

"Heehyun's right." Suyeon said. "I can't touch a piece of hair on Master Nayoung. She's too precious."

They all spoke about Nayoung on a serious time like these. I just chuckled but inside, I wanted to beat the out of these people. I couldn't believe Nayoung's popularity was rising to new heights. 

The ring of the bell came right on cue as I adjourned the meeting and all of us went outside for our lunch break. I stayed for a bit to fix my stuff when I heard a call. I looked to see Sejeong. She saw my look and asked. "What is it this time?"

"It's my classmates." I mumbled as I got out with her. "We had a meeting about the clash for the school's event and they talk about her again."

"Same in my section, Hana." Sejeong said. "I almost knocked the headlights off of Yeunjung for yelling her name many times."

We both sighed and went to the canteen. Sejeong called for Mimi to join us when we stopped to see Nayoung. She got a box and got closer to me, giving it to me.

"Hi, Hana." Nayoung greeted.

"Hey, Nayoung. What's this?" I asked as I got a look at the box.

"A box of pastries my mom made. I gave some to my classmates and saved some for you." Nayoung said. "I was also hoping I'd join you all for lunch."

I sigh of my inner bad side. Nayoung was the popular one yet she's the most humble too. How can I say no to something she asks for? 

"Mimi will be joining." Sejeong said as she held my shoulder. "Follow us, Nayoung."

I nodded and Nayoung joined in. She was at my right and I was shocked that she held my arm and she had a serious look at Sejeong. That gaze left me shocked. Nayoung was never cold with her gazes.

•••••

It was utterly weird of me to feel jealous. But now, seeing Sejeong wrap an arm around Hana made my insides cringe. I sighed silently and held Hana's arm. Hana would be giving a shocked look but I hid my admiration and jealousy with a smile. The three of us got to a table where Mimi was as some students ogled my name and some took pictures of me.

"Hey." Mimi yelled loud for almost every student to hear. "Kim Nayoung is a bit agitated with your actions. Can you all lay low for a bit and give her privacy?!"

The students who were bothering me lay low. I was utterly thankful to her as I got my seat next to Hana. Sejeong and Mimi were on the other end and Sejeong nudged Mimi of what she yelled earlier.

"What was that, YalMimi?" Hana joined in. 

"What? Nayoung was about to blow because of what those idiots did." Mimi said. "Consider it as an act of kindness."

"Thanks, Mimi." I said.

We got seated as Mimi asked Sejeong for a favor to get her food. I decided to join her and get Hana's food for her. Hana told me her preferences and Sejeong and I got in line. Usually, students would line up quickly behind me but I was thankful that didn't happen. I was thankful for what Mimi did that I could ask her for lessons on handling such students.

Sejeong got ahead of me and ordered her part of the foods. I got to order Hana's first then mine, adding an extra treat for Hana. I got the foods in a tray and froze when I saw Hana and Mimi having fun at the table. What triggered me was that Mimi was wrapping an arm around Hana's waist. I could huff and drop the tray I was holding.

"Are you alright, Nayoung?" Sejeong asked. 

"Oh, uhh...yeah, I'm fine." I answered.

Hahaha...no, I'm not.

Nonetheless, I got to my spot with Hana and served her food. Hana thanked me and ate heartily. I smiled and got the tray aside, with Sejeong putting the trays back. For Mimi, she was about to eat when she had to go to the bathroom. It was unexpected yet the timing was impeccable. Now, I had some time alone with Hana. 

"How's the food?" I asked her.

"It's good. And thank you so much for the extra granola bar. They're actually one of my favorites." Hana said.

"Me too." I said and showed mine. "I always order some. And besides..." I spoke. "...I'd do anything for the person that I like."

Hana somehow froze in eating. For me, I could kill myself for confessing too quickly. Nonetheless, she continued to eat as Sejeong came back from putting the trays to their places and eating her meal. Mimi also came back from the bathroom and joined us.

Hahaha...I'm screwed of the confession.

•••••

Hahaha...I'm screwed of the confession.

"Hana, you okay?" I was back to reality as I saw Sejeong and Mimi. 

"You look like you saw a ghost. You okay?" Mimi got her turn to ask.

I could never lie to these idiots. I sighed. "Kim Nayoung just confessed to me."

They didn't say anything at first as they stayed silent, looking at me as if I was a baby. Then, Mimi cackled as Sejeong clapped a lot. Hana wondered as Sejeong and Mimi nudged her. "Congratulations on the mutual feelings."

"Finally, the feelings are mutual." Mimi cheered.

Yep. These idiots know too much of me as I blushed madly. Because in retrospect and of all the memories I had within the premises, I also like Kim Nayoung. Well, I am a fan of hers but not to the extent of what the other students are doing. All I say is that I admire her...that I really, really like her.

"Omo-here she comes." Mimi pointed that I slapped her hand off.

Nayoung would've smiled and ran towards me but she walked slowly as she looked at me. I wondered where did her usual self go when Sejeong and Mimi hugged me at the same time.

"Hana, who do you pick among us?" Sejeong asked.

"Sejeong, what the fu-"

"Me or Mimi. Choose." Sejeong added.

"She'll choose this , thanks." Mimi points to herself as she held my waist.

Nayoung looked utterly pissed as she turned around and walked away. I was damned as Sejeong and Mimi for what they did that I force myself off and smacked their hands together. "What the did you just do?"

"Well, her feelings have been already obvious, Hana. You just don't admit it." Sejeong commented.

"Consider that act as a challenge. Nayoung was always hiding her feelings towards you but they weren't oblivious. And now, based from her reaction, we have proven one thing." Mimi added. "She likes you too. She always has."

"No get your moving and get your girl." Sejeong finished.

Their plans were unexpected, almost retarted. But hearing their words of advice, I couldn't agree more as I ran after Nayoung.

•••••

Running was exhausting but I had to get away. Voices and silhouettes were following me but I didn't care. And I had to get to a private place as I huffed, hiding and watching those girls pass by. I huffed and crouched, my heart broken in two.

"Nayoung?"

I was shocked as I saw Hana. I could only bow and walk away when I felt a hold by my hand.

"Wait." I saw as she gripped onto my hand. "Nayoung...I'm sorry about earlier. Believe me. It's not what you think."

I froze and faced Hana. Hana could plead with her precious eyes and I was starting to go all soft. 

"Nayoung, I'm so sorry. I know I've been ignorant to you and I know you became a victim of Mimi and Sejeong's antics...but I want to be truthful to you and to say something to you." Hana began. 

"And what would that be?" I asked.

"That I like you."

Nayoung gulped. Hana continued to explain. "I like you. I like you ever since we were classmates during our first years. I'm sorry if I ignored you. I just got so jealous that you are so popular within the school."

"I'm sorry if you had to go through that. But believe me. I didn't try to regain myself for them but..." I spoke. "...I did it for you."

"Yah, Nayoung..." Hana blushed lightly as Nayoung went closer.

"I like you, Hana, especially when your the first placer of Section 1 and that you're the girl you are." Nayoung said.

Sejeong and Mimi caught up and chanted. Hana drove them off and the idiots went off. She then got back to my attention.

"So, are we..."

"Yeah, we are." Hana spoke as she wrapped her arms around me. "Because we're a part of each other."

===

This has been Vogue, everyone.

I would like to inform my readers that some stories of mine will be pinned on their titles as hiatus because I will be busy and working on with other stories and works, especially with my academics. I won't be able to update to some stories for quite sometime but that doesn't mean that I won't complete them, that you won't be able to request again, and that I won't write any updates again.

I'll unpin them back when I have my time again and I will still make sure that most of my stories will be complete by the end of the year.

That will be all for now.