Veneer (Nayoung • Hana • Sejeong • Haebin • Mimi)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Veneer

Characters: Kim Nayoung, Shin Bora, Kim Sejeong, Han Haebin, Jung Mimi

Requested by: lmw217

===

We just got back from our last showcase with Chococo and here we are at the company, going towards an urgent meeting, a mysterious one at that. Anyways, we all got to choose our seats and met one of the producers.

"What could be the rush?" Hyeyeon wondered.

"What is going on, PD-nim?" Sejeong added.

"Our Sajangnim had to attend a personal matter and left me to take charge of our agenda for tonight. I know you're all getting tired of the schedules but rest assure you, it won't be long." The producer said and got a list. "It would be about your next comeback."

We were all shocked of the news, even I had my mouth agape that Haebin nudged me to shut my mouth.

"We did give a hint to our last fanmeeting of our next concept. Are we really going to do it now, PD-nim?" Mimi-unnie asked.

"Yes. Sajangnim decided to make some course of action now." She said. "The good news is that we're sticking to the concept."

"The bad news?" Haebin asked.

"It's still a single." Theie producer answered.

"Never thought the company would empathize about this." I batted.

"Rude." Haebin nudged me again.

"Tell me about it. And I'm not one of such idiots, don't worry," said PD-nim, making me chuckle.

"Will Sojin join us this time?" Sally batted.

Aigoo...good old Soyee, that ing statue...

"Sajangnim still hasn't given updates for Sojin." Our producer said. "That would depend but if there were possibilities of Sojin's recovery, she might be able to come back."

"I got my fingers crossed for that statue that she can't come back." I said.

"Us too," said the rest of the members.

The producer presented the possible schedule of events and all of us managed to discuss all of it until it was time for us to go back to our dorm. When we arrive, I sighed of Sally as she arranged some messy stuff laying on the table like how can this Chinese cutie clean up at a time like this?

"Nayoung." I faced the source and it was Leadernim. "Get your towards the shower."

I smirked and went to her, hugging her. "How about you join me?"

•••••

Despite of such hands around me and my cute stature, I jabbed the out of Nayoung. I can't believe she even got me flustered with just a hug. "Shut up and take a bath."

Nayoung chuckled and went ahead. I decided to sit by the couch and rest for a bit, huffing that we were done with our schedule, feeling a bit down that it was last promotion with Chococo but excited of another comeback. 

"Nayoung-unnie! I'm next!" Mina yelled by the shower room.

"No. I'm next to Nayoung." I said to Mina. 

Mina pouted and agreed that she was next to me for the shower. A few minutes later and Nayoung was out, all fresh wearing her cute set of pajamas. She grinned and went to hug me again.

"Ugh, I'm can't believe I'm seeing this..." Mina sighed and went off to chill.

"Aish! Get off, you pole." I huffed.

"Awww, can't I hug you, Leadernim?" Nayoung pouted.

"No. I stink. Must wash." I spoke abruptly and got off of her.

I went to grab my pajamas and went in. I sighed in relief and put my things by the dry counter.

Does this mean I can hug you after your shower?

I heard Nayoung say that and I groaned and decided to shower.

•••••

I saw Nayoung-unnie staring at the shower room like a crazy woman that I dashed towards the living room, seeing Mina asleep and Hyeyeon drawing. I grabbed some used paper from Hyeyeon's side and crumpled it, going back to throw it towards Nayoung-unnie.

"Yosh." I cheered.

"Ah, seriously, Sejeong?" Nayoung-unnie asked and threw the paper back at me.

I managed to catch it when Nayoung-unnie got closer and hugged me. I gasped, dropping that piece of paper, feeling a loud pound by my chest. 

"Yah! What's with you and hugs?" I asked.

"Leadernim hasn't finished showering yet. She swore to give me hugs." Nayoung-unnie said. "I'll hug you while I wait."

"No hugs." I spoke, getting off of her. "I still haven't taken a bath yet."

Nayoung-unnie broke and instead, she touched her forehead against mine. She closes her eyes and smiles and I spoke. "Are you insulting my large forehead?"

She broke out laughing, her forehead still against mine. I huffed but I kinda liked the feeling. 

"Hmm...maybe this is better." Nayoung-unnie smiled. "But let's sit. I don't want to break my neck."

"You even insult my height." I mumbled.

•••••

It was the beginning of our schedule in the company to work for out next comeback. We would be recording out set of songs and unlike the last comeback, we were happier.

Why? Our Soyee returned this morning and has joined us for our schedules once again.

"How's your shoulder?" Sally asked as she held her right shoulder.

"It's fine." Soyee smiled. "I'm okay."

I sigh of Sally and Soyee. When Soyee returned, Sally cried out of joy and was happy to have her back as much as for all of us. I could chuckle of them. They looked cute together.

I was shocked when an arm wrapped around me. I looked to see Nayoung and she grinned.

"Mind Soyee and Sally, unnie. We look good together too." She smiled.

She held my hand tenderly this time and I gulped as a little thump was present. I chuckled and held back until we got to the recording room. We greeted our composer and we got our own copies of the lyrics, each with our respective parts, all while listening to the demo.

Hyeyeon went first. To pass the time, we tried to recall our own parts and Nayoung even held my hand longer than usual. I got looks from Hana and Sejeong and wondered.

"What's wrong?" Nayoung asked.

"Ah...nothing." I said.

"Looking cute, Mimi-unnie." Soyee looked at us.

"So cute like us." Sally said as she hugged Soyee.

"And you let me see this again." Mina sighed.

We all chuckled. Although I'm not of a person who would let people hold my hand, I went with flow and still held Nayoung's hand.

•••••

"I live and die by the boots." Nayoung joked.

We booed and threw our shoes at Nayoung, in which she dodged. We were finished with the recording of our song and were in the brink of our practice but we're in our break as of this time.

"En garde." She grabbed my umbrella and did a gesture like the Puss in Boots would do.

"Not my umbrella!" I batted and went after her.

"What a spectacle." Hyeyeon spoke. "The '95 liners playing tag like little kids."

Everyone chuckled as I went to chase Nayoung who was holding my umbrella. Our heights weren't an issue as I grabbed it off of her, only to stumble right in front of her. Thank goodness she caught me.

She smiled and held my waist. I froze a bit, almost dropping my umbrella.

"Sejeong-unnie, have you and Nayoung-unnie switched?" Mina asked. "Why is Nayoung-unnie all flirty with you four?"

"Aish, this kid." Sejeong could almost give a piece of herself.

"No harming the babies." I spoke.

"We're not babies!" Hyeyeon and Mina batted.

"OguOgu be back like Ice Chu~" Nayoung joked that the kids chased her.

I chuckled of Nayoung, especially of that hold by the waist.

•••••

With all the preparations set, we were in the last phase in working for our promotions: MV shoot.

The settings were great. And with Soyee finally with us, the shoot was going to be merrier than the last. And of course, I grinned seeing my set of favorite members gathered by the monkey gym.

"Hello~~" I greeted.

I hugged Leadernim, leaned my forehead onto Sejeong's, held Mimi-unnie's hands, and held Haebin's waist and got closer, adding a tickle.

"Hahahaha, stop~" Haebin laughed.

*slap*

"Oww..." I pouted as I rubbed my head.

"PDA is a no-no." Mina spoke as she held a roll of newspaper.

"Hey! You don't hit your unnie." I defended.

"Our cinnamon roll has a point," said Hana-unnie.

"So you give her such right to hit me?" I asked and she nodded. 

Paging Kim Nayoung.

"Ah, time for my part." I said. "See you, my ladies."

They all booed, even Mina attempted to hit me with that newspaper and I just cackled and ran off.

•••••

It was the first group scene with Sejeong and Hyeyeon and I went with the flow of the act, me wearing a cool red hat as I played chess with Sejeong.

I saw Nayoung by the distance and she hugging Haebin by the waist. I couldn't believe myself as I did. Why in the world was I affected internally, as if I was jealous?

And cut!

Sejeong and I got ourselves to have a break, getting some drinks, all the while I checked on Nayoung and she was still hugging Haebin. 

"Triggered much?" Sejeong asked.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked her.

Sejeong just shrugged and managed to choose her drink. I got mine and we got back to the setting. Sejeong was called for her solo time and I saw Nayoung watching. 

I cheered internally. She wasn't giving company to anyone that I got in front of her, my back facing her.

"Leadernim, what are you doing?" Nayoung asked.

"Skinship." I mumbled.

Nayoung chuckled and hugged me from the back. I smiled and indulged on the hug.

"This is odd. Usually you hate these kind of things." Nayoung said. 

"No, I don't." I answered and even held her arms around me.

"Yes, you do." Nayoung answered back.

"Oh, shush." I answered and indulged myself on this wonderful moment.

•••••

I could hear beeps by my ears or I think I'm just rancid. Seeing Nayoung-unnie hug Leadernim so tenderly made me jealous. 

"Nayoung-unnie's skinship skills have reached her own height." Soyee said.

"Lolwhuut~" I reacted.

Soyee chuckled and added a smug grin. I asked her what.

"Jealous~~" Soyee cooed.

"You're usually a statue, Soyee. Such aegyo doesn't suit you." I answered.

"Yeah, it does." Sally got back from her solo shoot and hugged Soyee. "If you're jealous, just approach Nayoung-unnie and get the hug you want."

"My Xieningsus has a point." Soyee said.

I saw Nayoung-unnie walking around and checking the settings for the MV shoot and decided to follow her. I was behind her that I pounced and let her carry me on her back.

"Oof!"

"Carry me, unnie." I cheered.

Nayoung-unnie sighed and carried me properly. We walked around and I loved the feeling as I wrap my arms around her shoulders and leaned my head by her own.

"Enjoying yourself?" She asked.

"Yeah..." I grinned and indulged myself of this wonderful moment.

•••••

It was the group shoot for the dances. Before the shoots, I saw Nayoung hugging Hana and carrying Sejeong on her back. I could huff and feel jealous because Nayoung was with them and not with me.

"Therefore, I conclude, Nayoung-unnie and Sejeong-unnie have switched." I heard Hyeyeon talk to Mina.

"What are you kids talking about?" I asked them.

"It's just that Nayoung-unnie is giving skinship to the her fellow unnie line." Hyeyeon said.

"And you're next, unnie." Mina pointed with the same newspaper she used to hit Nayoung on the head.

They ran off towards Sally and Soyee and I just sighed. Nayoung walked around again that I got closer and pulled her for a hug.

"Did someone miss me?" Nayoung asked and I just nodded. "Haha...I miss you too, Mimi-unnie."

I grinned of this idiot as I hugged her and held her hands until such time we have our schedule again.

•••••

It was our comeback stage with The Boots in MCountDown. We were enjoying ourselves and we were always uplifted to perform thanks to the cheers of the fans. The performance ended well and it was off to another schedule for Music Bank.

We were boarding our van and I made the motion to sit next to Nayoung this time. During the ride, everyone was quiet and resting. I grabbed Nayoung's hand and held it tenderly, even adding little massages towards her fingers.

"Omo...that feels good..." Nayoung relaxed.

I chuckled of this idiot. She even had some time to hold back and I giggled of this moment. Not long after, we arrived at KBS. We went to our assigned room to prepare ourselves, all the while I practiced my lines since we'll be performing Lovesick and The Boots.

"Looking good, Haebin~" Nayoung pointed.

"You too." I pointed back and we laughed at each other.

Gugudan, standby.

I asked stylist-unnie for some tape and I got a piece for my mic. I tried to stick it by my cheek as we walked until Nayoung got to my side and helped me, just in time for us to get on stage and perform Lovesick.

During the performance, I always loathed the ending because I wasn't next to Nayoung. And just as the song ended, I huffed of the fact that Mimi-unnie was getting a hug from Nayoung. And when Mimi indulged, I was on jealous mode.

When we were finished with our performance, I instantly went to Nayoung and held her arm. She chuckled and held my hand back.

"You look grumpy." Nayoung spoke.

"It's nothing." I answered, indulging myself with this moment.

•••••

I woke up expecting a new day. But seeing four heads upon my vision made jolt out of bed.

"Kim Nayoung. Make up your mind." Leadernim spoke.

"The right greeting is 'good morning' so-ahh! Not the cheek!" I spat as Mimi-unnie pinched it.

"Choose from one of us already. You cannot have skinship on all of us at the same time." She batted.

"Ah...I can't...I love you four." I said.

"I'm the resident flirt, not you!" Sejeong batted. "And besides, you only need to choose one. So pick me!"

"No can do. Pick me." Mimi-unnie spoke.

"I'm ing Hana for a reason so pick me!" Leadernim spat.

"We're of the same age for better understanding so pick me." Haebin finished.

I danced to Pick Me and I got hit bu slippers. I sighed and addressed my thoughts.

"Hold on a second, Sejeong. Then why didn't you flirt with Leadernim here and fell for me?" I smirked. "Ha! So I'm the resident charmer now."

"Aish! Just pick already!" Haebin hissed.

I got up and the four women lined up. I fixed the bed and inhaled, seeing their anticipating faces.

"I choose..." I began and they inhaled. "...to pee. Bye!"

I ran off and the Fantastic Four were chasing me. 

Aigoo...so much for boots and skinships...

===

This was the update. I could thank the reader a lot for this request to let fellow readers know that this hasn't been completed yet. Lel.

Anyways, it might go on hiatus due to my busy schedule but if you have requests, don't hesitate to leave a comment below.