Babysitting (Sally • Soyee)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Babysitting

Characters: Liu Xiening, Jang Sojin

Requested by: 10KmWeeWoo

===

I could slump myself on Soyee's shoulder as we had to listen to Sejeong's orientation about something. I wonder what it is about.

"Yah, Sojin...what was that?" I nudged her. 

"Aigoo, you two aren't listening again." Sejeong sighed. "So bla bla bla, Nayoung and I are going on a business trip and I need you two to keep an eye on our children."

"What? Kids?" Soyee's eyes dilated.

I was happy, clapping like a deranged Chinese seal. I'm not usually the filial person but I wanted to get close to kids. And besides, Soyee and I have seen their two baby girls before and their like the salvation of all that is gloomy.

"Daddy~~" A cute cackle rang the entire home.

Nayoung was walking with two suitcases in hand as two children clung onto her body like baby koalas. Sejeong was the deranged mom as she went to carry the two onto her strong arms.

"Aigoo, what are you two doing clinging to your tall skinny Daddy?" Sejeong spoke.

"Mommy~~~ don't go~~" Five-year old Mina spoke cutely.

"Mommy~~~" Four-year old Hyeyeon cried and Sejeong hushes her.

"Mommy and Daddy have to. It's only for a week." Sejeong said.

A week made me happy. I looked at Soyee and she could faint. Soyee was never filial. She can't even socialize with people and cute puppies, how much more of Mina and Hyeyeon, children whom have been Najeong's salvation of all sadness and parenthood??

"Daddy, daddy, I want to play horsey~~" Mina got herself down and pounced on Nayoung. 

Nayoung sighed and decided to piggyback her daughter. She then said. "We need to go now, kids. Off to your aunties."

Hyeyeon was sniffling yet I went to comfort her. Mina was hyper as she pounced on Soyee this time, making her receive a piggyback.

"Thanks for doing this, Sally and Soyee. Do call us if your need anything." Sejeong said.

"Bye, my little champs." Nayoung waved.

Hyeyeon was weeping as she watches her parents go and I rocked her lightly and comforted her. Mina waved enthusiastically, yelling that she wanted a stuffed penguin and a box of cinnamon rolls when they get back. Soyee chuckled of it.

"Imonie..." Hyeyeon wiped her own tears away. "... I'm hungry..."

"Me too." Mina pouted. "We want some cake~"

"Okay. Sojin, watch them over while I check the fridge." I said.

"Did these kids even ate lunch? Let them eat before eating dessert." Soyee said as she stopped a feisky Mina from running around the house.

She has a point. I nodded and went to the fridge and saw a list of things to be done, even the food that the children have to eat.

I peeked at the living room and the children were watching a cartoon and I could chuckle because Soyee didn't like cartoons. All in all, I picture that this babysitting was going to be a piece of cake.

What could go wrong?

•••••

What could go wrong, my . It's all so wrong. I was never filial and I can't even stand a minute with children not because of their presence as a whole but because of awkwardness. I can't believe Sally dragged me along to this, saying that it was just a cinch but in reality, it was hard.

Hyeyeon was the calm yet her constant cries made my ears tingle. Mina was hyper and would run around the place and I would chase her. She was also frisky that one time, she was attempting to jump the stairs and I was like Flash as I caught her but it really cost me a rib or two.

It was another end of a day and we were finally get some rest. I wss even happy that I finally get to be one with the bed.

*hours later*

"Samcheon~~~"

I jolted up. It was the middle of the night and I sighed. I turned around and there was Hyeyeon, rubbing her eyes while holding her teddy bear.

"What is it, Hyeyeon?" I yawned.

"Diaper." Hyeyeon points by her posterior. 

I nodded and both of us went to the bathroom. I waited outside since Hyeyeon had the urge to take a . I was pacing around with the new diaper in hand as I heard her call me. I got in the bathroom and helped her off the diaper.

It smelled like war. I gagged and threw it off and cleaned Hyeyeon up. I got her changed into a new diaper and she fell asleep on my hold. I sighed and carried her to her bedroom and tucked her to bed. I looked at the two children sleeping and I could ogle because they're like sweet angels.

Another groan made its way somewhere and I rushed to the other room. Sally was up.

"Why are you up?" I asked, yawning.

"Where were you?" Sally asked, rubbing her eyes.

"Bathroom. Hyeyeon. Diaper." I mumbled.

I went to bed hastily since I was super tired. I could feel someone sleep next to me but I was so tired I slumped off instantly.

•••••

It was early in the morning and me and Soyee went for a walk with the children, prior to the list of things Najeong left to do for the children. I could be jealous of the kids' energy to go walking. Soyee and I got little sleep and we could only walk. 

Hyeyeon was holding my hand and was on my side as Soyee ran after Mina who was gone in a speed of light. I grew worried and so did Hyeyeon so we caught to the two. We stopped at a playground and there was Mina, climbing on the monkey bars.

"I wanna climb too~" Hyeyeon nudged my shirt.

"No, Hyeyeon-ah. It's dangerous. You might fall." I said.

Hyeyeon pouted as she watched Mina grab onto the bars and Soyee was making sure she was on her side. I could chuckle of Soyee. She says she's not filial but she really watches over the kids like a bodyguard.

I looked to my side and I could flip out. Where did Hyeyeon go?

"Jungle gym~~" Hyeyeon yelled as she ran towards the said jungle gym.

Mina got down and I could scream yet Soyee caught her abruptly. Mina was put down and she chased her sibling. Soyee was wincing because of her arm but we chased the kids too. I was shocked that they were climbing and I was frantic. What if they'll fall. I sighed and climbed too.

"Yah, Liu Xiening!" Soyee flipped out.

I didn't listen as I needed to catch up to the kids. Mina and Hyeyeon were too quick for me but I needed to get to them and go down. I was shocked thst the kids could go up and I was nervous. 

How could I be so stupid to forget that I was acrophobic?

"Goddamnit." I could hear a mutter as Soyee climbed to get to us.

She got to the children first, getting Hyeyeon down first. She then took time to get Mina and eventually got the children down. Soyee told them to stay put as she went to get me. The children even cheered to Soyee as she got to me and held me close. I blush of the proximity.

"Dimwit. You're acrophobic yet you're climbing a jungle gym." She spoke.

I was too scared but I held onto Soyee and we got down. I watch Soyee flex herself and faced the children, patting their heads. "Yah, Imonie and Samcheon were worried of you two climbing. You could fall and get hurt. Don't do that again."

"Ne." They nodded.

"Who's up for pancakes?" I said.

Hyeyeon and Mina cheered. I carried Hyeyeon and Soyee piggybacks Mina. Mina was cheering and Hyeyeon wanted to do it too. I nodded and carried Hyeyeon on my back. 

The morning was really tiring and intense but seeing the children happy made me lose that kind of energy. And with Soyee, I was happy.

•••••

Morning was as tired as the evening. Sally was at the children's room, reading a story to the children. I smiled at them, especially at Sally. It made my heart pound out of love as she tucks them to bed. I went back to the room and got myself a medicinal patch.

With all the abrupt catches and the time at the jungle gym, my arm had given in. It hurt like hell but it was for the children's safety, even Sally's.

"You're hurt..."

I looked towards the door and Sally was there. She went closer as she was worried sick. I shrugged it off.

"But your arm..."

"I'm okay. I swear." Soyee said. "You need to sleep now, Sally."

She nodded and tucked herself to bed again. I couldn't see her face since her back faced me but I could only smile that she's getting some sleep. I tucked in as well and turned in.

•••••

It was morning again and I woke up sleepily. I looked to the side and Soyee wasn't there. I heard a sizzle and went donwstairs towards the kitchen. I looked to see Soyee cooking and Mina and Hyeyeon on their high chairs waiting for breakfast. 

"Morning, Xiening." Soyee smiled. "Sit down with the kids. I'm cooking bacon and eggs and pancakes."

I could only nod and greet the kids wiyh forehead kisses. Soyee got breakfast served and I smiled of the bacon ang eggs in a sandwich. Mina clapped and ate as Hyeyeon wondered of it like it was an unusual thing.

"Samcheon, why do my eggs look soggy? It looks like a mutant." Hyeyeon said.

"Is it?" Soyee looked and got a bottle of ketchup. "Let's fix that?"

Soyee fixed her food, drawing a smiley face on the eggs. Hyeyeon clapped of it, finding it so wonderful. Soyee smiled as Hyeyeon also ate with her sister. Soyee finally joined us to eat. I downed my plate as Soyee sliced the pancakes for the kids. 

"Xiening." Soyee got me a plate of pancakes. "Here you go."

The kids cooed and I blushed lightly. Soyee grinned and even teased the kids to where they learned that.

"Daddy said that you coo when you see people in love," said Mina.

"Are you two in love, Imonie?" Hyeyeon asked.

I was almost flustered. Soyee coughed lightly as she distracts the kids with popsicles. "Finish your meal and you get these."

"Ne!" The kids said and ate again.

I was out of that daze as I resumed eating, stealing glances at Soyee from time to time. 

We were just friends with Nayoung ang Sejeong but never thought of any moves towards being girlfriends. I did like Soyee and I still do. I wonder if Soyee feels the same.

•••••

Hyeyeon was at the floor coloring her favorite book. Mina joined her and has gotten bored so she went closer to me. She spreads her arms. "Samcheon~"

"Yes, Mina?" I asked.

Sally was buying groceries for our lunch later and I finished cleaning the house before calming the kids to color their books. Mina whined and raises her arms again. I sighed and carried her on my back, giving the piggyback ride.

"Waaaah~!!"

I was shocked that Hyeyeon was crying. I put Mina down and wondered what's wrong.  Hyeyeon pouts and points at me. "I want a piggyback too~"

"I got Samcheon first." Mina stuck a tongue.

Hyeyeon cried harder just in time for Sally to arrive. Sally rushed to Hyeyeon and comforted the child. 

"Imonie, I want a piggyback~" Hyeyeon whined.

Sally smiled and carried the girl on her back. I chuckled. "Race you two to the veranda?"

I ran and Mina was cheering. Sally ran too and we had a wonderful time with the kids. 

I have to help with the groceries later.

•••••

Soyee and I finally got the groceries arranged and Soyee made lunch for all of us. For now, the kids were taking their naps since we agreed to go to the arcade later.

Soyee and I sat on the couch and ceased the silence by watching TV. I was watching a Chinese sitcom and enjoyed myself. I stole glances towards Soyee and she was asleep. 

Soyee was never filial and that was a fact. But as we took care of the kids, she was trying her best to be a good caretaker. She at doing housework so I did it for her. At the time, she helped the kids and played with them a lot. When I taught her during the past time, she learned to harness it. When I would go for errands, Soyee learned to cook meals and clean the place. She also did some of my tasks since I would wake at short intervals in the middle of the night to tuck the kids to sleep again.

I could smile on how cute the giant statue looked when she was asleep. Some of her hair was by her face as I decided to fix it. I reached to fix it when she jolted up, making me freeze.

"What was that?" Soyee was dazed.

"Just me, Sojin." I answered.

"Oh. S-Sorry if I slept." Soyee said. 

"It's okay." I answered again.

I sighed as Soyee went back to sleep again. I smiled as I thought of confessing that I really like her.

•••••

I was riding my car and Sally was at a seat beside me. For the kids, they were behaved at the back, sitting while playing their toys. We got to the arcade and I let Sally guide the kids to a spot they want as I settle my budget for this day.

From the claw machines to the little rides, Mina and Hyeyeon were having a wonderful time. Seeing the kids happy made me really happy. I saw Sally by the claw machine eyeing a stuffed Chinese dragon. I went closer to her and inserted a token inside the machine. 

"What are you doing, Sojin?" Sally asked.

"Watch and see." I smiled.

I moved the claw with the lever and aimed it at the dragon. I press a button and Sally gasped as I got the stuffed toy. I got it and gave it to her. "You've been eyeing it for a while. For you, Xiening."

"Ooooh~" Mina and Hyeyeon got to the two with stuffed animals on their hands.

"Accept it, Imonie." Mina cheered.

"Imonie's blushing~" Hyeyeon added.

Sally did and accepted the stuffed dragon. I chuckled and crouched to meet the kids' levels "Had fun?"

"Ne!" They cheered. "We're hungry, Samcheon."

"Let's get some ice cream." I said.

They were happy and went ahead towards the car. I watch Sally still frozen on her place as I held her hand. It sent a jolt by my heart. "Shall we go?"

She nodded and we went out together. I hope I get to confess to her soon.

•••••

Nayoung and Sejeong arrived from their business trip and I was touched to see the two seeing their children again. Soyee was done packing her stuff as she was by my side.

"Cute, right?" Soyee asked.

"It is." I nodded.

Hyeyeon and Mina tackled Soyee and I for a hug and we were a bit sad since we'll be missing them again. And I'm sure that they'll miss us too.

"Thanks, you two." Sejeong said.

"We owe you guys." Nayoung said. "How about I take you guys home?"

"It's fine, Nayoung." Soyee said. "Sally and I have plans to go somewhere."

Sejeong and Nayoung gaspes like I did. The children were cooing again and Sejeong found it too adorable. But then, they yawned.

"Aigoo, let me tuck these champs to bed." Sejeong said as she carried Mina and Hyeyeon.

Soyee and I got our things as Nayoung escorted us by the gate. Soyee helped my things out and hers inside the car as Nayoung poked me.

"What?" I asked.

"Just confess that you like Soyee." Nayoung said.

I hissed lightly and Soyee wondered what we were talking about. Nayoung bids us goodbye as I got in Soyee's car. Soyee got to the driver's seat and turned the car and driving away from Nayoung and Sejeong's place.

The drive was quiet and tense. It made me wonder if what Soyee said earlier was true. I decided to ask her about it.

"If you want to, Sally. But if you're tired, I'll take you home." Soyee said.

Why would I waste the chance? 

"It's fine, Soyee. Let's go somewhere." I said. 

"Okay." Soyee nodded. "Where do you want to go?"

•••••

Sally and I stopped by to eat at a noodle house. I decided to pay for our meals and we ate. I loved the feeling yet I wad also tensed. I didn't expect for Sally to be alright with a little hangout.

I initiated conversation and we talked a lot of things. It was all fun and games when Sally asked me.

"I remember one time that you were flocked around by many women in our college days." Sally said.

"Well, it's not that big. I would stop them like saying: sorry ladies, this giant statue's taken." I said and we chuckled. "It was an excuse before...but now it isn't."

"Really?" She asked. "Who's the lucky girl?" She slurps her noodles.

"You."

We were both slurping our noodles and looked at each other's eyes. Sally slurped slowly and gulped, blushing lightly. I gulped mine and said. "It's true." I reached for her hand. "I really like you, Xiening."

Sally gave a bit of a snicker. I gulped. I wondered if I offended her.

"Yah... I've been waiting for you to say that for so long." She blushed. "Because I like you too, Sojin."

She smiled and boy, did my heart grow bigger wings? I felt her hold my hand back and said. "Let's be official."

My heart had gone nuts. I felt like it was going to pop out of my chest. I nodded like a deranged man. "Yes! Yes!"

*ring*

Sally and I were deadpanned. It was Sally's phone and when we saw the dialler, we gave each each other stone faces as she answers her call.

"You ing derp, Kim Nayoung! I'm having a moment with my Jang Sojin and you had to call at a time like this!" She hissed. "Call me tomorrow."

She puts her phone and smiled at me again. I laughed and she wondered.

"Sorry. You just looked cute getting mad." I said.

"But I look cuter when I'm not." Sally said. "Shall we go home now?"

"Uhh...okay." I nodded.

She got up and pulled me up. I smiled and held her hand and we went out.

We got into a mishap of taking care of kids as got out into that mishap as each other's one and only.

===

That was the story everyone. Thanks for reading.

@10KmWeeWoo: heto na bes ;)

Next: Sejeong and Mina *lowkey whispers prepare for it*