Conundrum (Nayoung • Mimi)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Conundrum

Characters: Kim Nayoung, Jung Mimi

Requested by: lmw217

===

Another shift has been done and I was busy preparing my stuff to go home. Getting my mixes, I then turned off the machine and went down to get a drink when a flame from a lighter greeted my vision. I sighed as I blew the flame off of the lighter and faced the culprit. "You're YalMimi for a reason, then."

A familiar face greeted me and pulled me for a hug. I sighed and hugged her back. "Don't use the con art on me or I'll smack your troublesome head."

"Hehe...I won't, my friend." Mimi grinned. "Say, want to have a drink with me?"

"As much as I want to, I need to study at home now." I said and grabbed my bag.

"How about I take you home?" Mimi offered.

I couldn't find a reason why not as we got to her red car. I got to the passenger's seat with her in the driver's seat, turning the car on and fastening my seatbelt and her own. Her car was a Lamborghini, no joke I must say. I would expect her to get the beauty running like some drag racer but she actually drove clean and got to my home, leaving me in one piece.

"M'Lady?" She got to open my door and lent a hand.

I unfastened my seatbelt, got my stuff, and held her hand. She escorted back to my home and I thanked her for the ride. 

"No problem, Nayoung." Mimi grinned. "See you at school?"

I smiled at her and got inside the home. "Looks like it."

•••••

Morning came and I got up, doing the usual routines and panicking of the fact that I was already late for my first class. I scratch my head, getting to my red Lamborghini as I raced towards school.

"Great. I'm already minutes late for this goddamn bull." I mumbled then honked as a car was blocking the way. "Move it, you head!"

I got through a passing and sped up towards the school's parking lot. I got my seatbelt off and placed as I got my keys and fiddled them, all while walking around campus. Seeing the time that I was already late, I decided to attend my next class after lunch. To pass the time, I went around doing my con artistry. And checking the time that it was almost nine, it would be Nayoung's vacant period so I went to the places Nayoung would be at.

I got myself to the canteen and there was Soyee. I chuckled of the fact that my artistry worked on her. She stopped bullying Nayoung and became her bodyguard. I noticed some chips by her side and crept, getting the said pack as I gobbled the contents down.

"Hey!" Soyee caught me and aimed a fist close to my face. "What are you doing stealing Nayoung's chips?!"

"Mimi?" Nayoung looked at me, all innocent. 

"Hey, pretty." I grinned. "I got one question for you..." I let her look down at her shoes. "...what are thooooose~??"

I cackled and Nayoung sighed and got back to studying. Soyee sighed and facepalmed. "You're a sick motherer, Mimi."

"No. Bill Cosby is a sick motherer. I'm just the con artist YalMimi." I pointed it out.

"Okay...then the con artist YalMimi is a sick motherer." Soyee addressed and I huffed.

Nayoung was still studying, making me bored. I fiddled my hair and a smug grin came to mind. I got to her side, grabbed a strand and tickled her ear with the end, making her flinch and shoo it off. I cackled of my gesture again and Nayoung got up and went on.

"Heol...you made her mad." Soyee spat.

"Haha, no I didn't." I spoke and I decided to run after her. "Nayoung, wait for me!!"

•••••

It was lunch time and Mimi was still with me throughout the day. I wonder of Hana and Soyee's look as I was eating and Mimi wasn't tired enough of pinching my face. She was like a little kid ogling me, the tall puppy.

"Mimi, I think that's enough." Hana sighed. "Nayoung looked like she got slapped by you and got hit by an allergy."

"Agreed." Soyee added.

To be honest, the pinches already hurt like hell. Mimi attempted to pinch a cheek again when I stopped her hand and rubbing my right cheek with the other. 

"Come on, pretty. This will be the last one." Mimi grinned.

"Hahahaha...no." I spoke. "Besides, your class is up."

It was fifteen minutes to one and Mimi will be having her class. Mimi sighed and got her stuff to go out. I decided to join her because I'll be heading to the library to study.

"Going to the library to study, huh?" Mimi asked and I nodded.

I hid goodbye when Mimi stopped me. I wondered as I faced her when she inched closer, her breath close to my ear, making me tingle.

"See you at the club, pretty." She whispered. "And please play y mixes later."

She pats my head gently, a gesture almost different from when we were with our friends. She left to her class and I shrugged.

Playing y mixes wasn't my style but maybe I could try it.

•••••

Classes ended for me and I was sitting by the benches waiting for Hana. We were club buddies and I would be preparing an act at the club later. Most of all, I was excited to see Nayoung again.

"Daydreaming?" I was back to reality as Hana finally arrived from her class.

"Shall we go?" I asked.

"Yes. Also, I'll be bringing a plus one. She'll come later." Hana added.

"Heol. Lucky you." I chuckled.

"Lucky, your . Stop denying. You're always with a plus one." Hana chuckled as we walked towards the comfort room.

We changed from our school uniform to our cool clothes. We then got to the parking lot, boarding on my car and I drove us to the club.

"Me with a plus one?" I asked Hana while driving. "Who the heck would I be bringing?"

"You didn't. She's working for you. She's the dull nerd by day and the coolest DJ by night. NY. Kim Nayoung." 

We got to the club and I got my Lamborghini parked by my VIP spot. I sighed as I turn my keys on.

"She had gone too oblivious, Hana. How could she like me?" I spoke.

"Why do you have to bug her all the time?" Hana asked. "That's a sign of admiration, Mimi."

I sighed. This woman sure can read my mind sometimes. Nonetheless, we got inside. I looked to see people dancing around but I wasn't bemused. Sejeong was still the one mixing the tunes. I looked around as I downed my bourbon. 

"Looking for her, huh?" Hanaa asked. "I'm also looking for mine."

Minutes later, Hana got off of her seat and went towards a familiar girl. She tackled for a kiss, putting her glass of tequila aside and ground her hips on the girl's. Seeing her plus one made me spit my bourbon.

"Omo-Mi-"

"She's MM here, baby," I heard Hana. "She owns this bar and club."

They got closer and I could clap of Hana. Who knew she was in a relationship with Nayoung's bodyguard?

"Ohoho~ nice business here, MM-ssi." Soyee grinned.

"Thanks." I grinned. "Do enjoy your partying here."

Hana pulled Soyee back to dance as the music changed. I looked by the pedastal and saw Nayoung mixing y tunes. I got to the back to meet her. I smiled, admiring her as she was sitting down an reading a book on statistics.

"Seriously, even on duty?" I asked and Nayoung got my attention.

"Yes. For the betterment of the brain." Nayoung answered.

"How long is the mix?" I asked.

"It plays until closing time." Nayoung answered. "Why?"

"As your boss, you need to come with me." 

Nayoung nodded and followed me towards a special area. I opened the door and let Nayoung go inside first. I closed the door behind us and I smiled on hoe adorable Nayoung looked when she had agape.

"This is my turf. YalMimi's world." I said. "You're the first friend to come here."

I let her sit down and served us flavored beer. I gave Nayoung her glass and she drank. I sat next to her and drank mine.

"Remember the beer, Nayoung?" I asked.

"Yeah. It was that time when you found out about me." Nayoung answered.

"That's right." I answered. "It was time of self-realization of our enigmas."

She nodded and drank again. I looked at Nayoung head to toe, seeing patches by her cheeks, messing her cool get-up. 

"Nayoung." I called.

"Yes, MM-"

"It's okay to call me of my name. It's just the two of us." I disrupted her.

"Yes, Mimi?" She asked.

"I'm sorry for messing with you almost everyday. You even had to patch your cheeks." I sighed.

"It's no big deal. You're just YalMimi." Nayoung answered.

*chu*

It would've left Nayoung frozen. I did the same to the other cheek and her face turned red.

"What was that for?" She asked.

"To make those cheeks I pinched feel better." I answered as I patted my head. "Remember something about it?"

Nayoung had her eyes dilated and she gulped. I pat her back to calm her down as she spoke. "Yeah. I kissed your cheek one time when I asked you to listen to my mix."

"Nayoung, you're one enigma I can never understand." I spoke. "You remember a lot yet you're oblivious of what I'm doing for you."

"What do you mean, Mimi?" Nayoung asked.

"All those teases and caring gestures towards you? They're my way of saying that I have a feeling towards you." I said directly.

"Mimi, I still don't get it." Nayoung wondered and I just sighed.

I reached towards a patched cheek and inched closer. Being the timid nerd she was, she was rooted to her place.

"I like you, you nerd." I spoke and the rest of the actions were all a blur.

•••••

"Nayoung?" 

I was back to reality when I saw Soyee patting my back like I got hit by a fast ball. I wondered as she sighed at me.

"You've been dazed for five minutes. What happened?" She asked.

"Nothing." I mumbled.

Yep. It was nothing by the name of Jung Mimi.

Was I really so oblivious? I never thought the said con artist YalMimi confessed her feelings to the nerdy DJ, yours truly. I couldn't believe it and I felt so stupid for not being aware. I was even feeling my lips too frequently because of the fact that she kissed me.

"Weird." Soyee mumbled. "Where's the motherer?"

"Usually she'd make fun of me right about now, right?" I asked.

"It finally got some sense into you." Soyee clapped lightly. "Her teases were signs of admiration. Hana even shared to me that Mimi likes you to the bone..." She hands me a record. "...and that you're the famous NY of Gx9."

"Soyee, it cannot spread, alright? Don't even share that Mimi owns it." I spoke.

"You have my word." Soyee nodded.

Hana was rushing towards us as Soyee asked what's wrong because she looked like . Wow. Such words from the nerd Kim Nayoung.

"Mimi hasn't come to school. She never misses her classes. I tried calling her but she doesn't answer." Hana spoke.

A bang by my thoughts occurred that it made me stand up. "I need to get to her."

"Do you even know where she is, Nayoung?" Hana asked.

"Yeah." I packed my things and bid them goodbye. "I do."

•••••

I was downing my tenth glass of bourbon as I slump myself by the counter of the bar. I just skipped all my classes and if I wonder if I could open up the club and party later. Lately, I had been ed up.

Maybe because Nayoung didn't say that she likes me back. The idea made me laugh. Who knew love was a powerful feeling that it messes a person's brain and heart all at once?

"Mimi?"

I jolted up, shocked to see Nayoung. "What are you doing here?"

"Hana said that you didn't come to school today." She answered.

"Oblivious as always. You're not even aware that I wasn't around the whole day." I mumbled, sitting back down to drink.

"Sorry." Nayoung mumbled back. "I just couldn't get over of that kiss."

I stopped drinking my eleventh bourbon. I looked at Nayoung again, motioning her to sit down next to me. She did just that and drank onto my glass of bourbon.

"See, I had been enlightened of the fact that you have feelings for me." Nayoung began. "When you didn't come to school and mess me around like you usually do, I kinda...missed it."

"You missed me for a day?" I asked, grinning cheekily like the Cheshire cat.

"Can you just consider that as a kind gesture that I reciprocate your feelings towards me?" She spat.

I was smiling in my thoughts, almost crying of joy that my sweet nerd was finally enlightened. Usually, I become affectionate towards her when it's just thw two of us but I decided to just be me, whether Nayoung and I are alone of we are with other people.

"I'm sorry what?" I asked her again.

"I like you too." Nayoung mumbled.

"Sorry. Didn't hear you." I said, rubbing my ears.

"Aish, I like you, you sick motherer!" Nayoung hissed.

"First of all, Jang Sojin is the sick motherer. Second..." I pulled her closer to me. "...kiss me."

I puckered my lips close to Nayoung's face. It took me minutes to pucker them and I wondered.

"What are you doing mimicking a puffer fish?" Nayoung asked.

"Ah, what?!" I huffed then looked away. "I can't believe I got damned!"

"Aww, look at me, Mimi~" Nayoung spoke cutely.

I could ogle to death. But there's no way I'd fall for that. "No."

"Hey! Bourbon by your right!"

I looked to my right and I got tackled by a kiss. I was shocked but then, I melted and kissed back. We both broke and smiled at each other.

"I'll let Sejeong play the tunes later." I said. "You get the day off."

"Why?" Nayoung asked.

I held her hand and grinned. "Because you're partying here with me tonight."

===

Does this story ring a bell to y'all, my beloved readers? If so, leave a comment below. Stay tuned for more stories.