Union (Nayoung • Sejeong)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Union

Characters: Kim Nayoung, Kim Sejeong

Requested by: Wheesunshipper

===

Across the universe, Cosmic Beings ruled, especially on that poor, pitiful, defenseless planet that Soyee, the Deity of Earth, cherished, together with Xiening, the Deity of Nature, a planet called Earth.

I could raise two middle fingers to those two for their nobility in their elements. I could even snicker at those eight bastards as I got to the meeting room. All Deities were there, even my ing counterpart.

"Hey." Hana, Deity of Ice, greeted.

"Hey, it's the dark retard." Soyee greeted.

"Language." Haebin, Deity of Wind, said. "Hello, Diety of Darkness."

"Hehe...wassup, Nayoung." Mimi, Deity of Lightning spoke.

"Hello, ing Darkness." Xiening greeted.

"Cringy." Hyeyeon, Diety of Fire, mumbled. "I mean, hi, Nayoung."

"Hello, Darkness, my old friend~" Mina, Deity of Water, sang as she greeted.

"Hello~" I, Nayoung, the Deity of Darkness, sarcastically spoke.

I got to my seat next to Mimi and spotted that one seat, where Sejeong, the Diety of Light sat. She never greets me unlike the other Elemental dweebs. We're opposites after all.

I snapped my finger and darkness covered everything, blacker than a hundreds midnights. Everyone hissed and someone snapped their fingers as the lights came back. My laugh subsided in minutes thanks to the goody two-shoes of a Deity.

"Not cool." Sejeong said.

"That's my line." Hana batted.

"Again with the arguments." The Cosmo made an entrance and we bowed.

"Your Eminence." Sejeong greeted.

"Wassup', you ball of energy." I greeted.

"You really are Darkness, Nayoung." She mumbled.

Everyone chuckled lightly as we got to our seats again. The Cosmo shone bright and it formed a woman. She was bulky yet y but boy, was she powerful.

It was Sofia. "Greetings, Dieties."

"Greetings." We all spoke.

"The universe has sent me a sign that I have to meet you all for an important matter of the planet Earth."

"Why?" Soyee asked.

"Yeah, why?" Xiening joined in.

"The Earth used to be a wonderful place where everything was beautiful and all living things roamed free, even humans." Sofia began. "Humans are the most powerful of living beings in Earth, given wisdom to take care of things and make decisions for the world. But lately, they've been abusive, defying the laws of what you Deities possess."

"So...what do we do?" Haebin asked.

"If I were to decide, I'd make another sequel of Noah's Ark." Sofia shrugs.

"Nice." I clapped.

"Be serious in this matter, Nayoung." Sejeong said.

"Hmph. Killjoy, to think you're a Deity of Light. You should be bright-! My eyes!" I hissed as Sejeong shone a beam of light at me.

"Yah." Sofia mumbled as everyone paid attention. "Enough with the squabbling or you'll wreck our dimension apart."

"I apologize." Sejeong spoke.

"Whoops." I reacted.

"Anyways, a wipeout is never a solution. We, as Cosmic Beings, should not destroy the lives of those people. Not only it wrecks the balance, Xiening and Soyee would be offended." Sofia continued and we chuckled again.

"True." Soyee said.

"Sofia's right about it." Xiening added.

"You Dieties will perform proper restoration of Earth, especially you and Sejeong." Sofia points at the two of us.

"What does Light and Darkness have to do with this?" Sejeong asked.

"The rest of the Deities will do physical restoration of Earth. For you two, being the most powerful Deities of the nine, you do restoration on the people." Sofia shows a hologram. "People don't know the sense of balance now. Some are too meek while some are too demonic. Having the sense of balance is the only way to restore this delusion for good. They can have sense of balance when this is blasted onto them." She then shows a grey sphere.

"The Energy of Neutrality..." Hana spoke. "But..."

"But what?" I asked.

"The Energy of Neutrality is an orb of energy produced by Dieties of Light and Darkness. It is the only thing that can let people bestow the sense of balance in all aspects. However-"

"-you two need to be in union to harness its power or else it won't work." Hana finished.

"I refuse." I snickered. "Sofia, come on." I batted. "Can Sejeong and I be of allegiance but not unified? We're completely different!"

"She has a point. Please, Sofia, reconsider." Sejeong pleaded.

"It has been arranged, you two." Sofia sighed. "Besides, you were destined."

"Oh my." Mina reacted.

This is nuts. I couldn't stay another minute. I disappeared and isolated myself in my Darkness Realm.

•••••

"That didn't go well, didn't it?" Haebin whispered.

"No, it did not." Mimi answered.

"Your Eminence, I deeply apologize for Nayoung." I spoke.

"She can be elusive at times. She's Darkness, after all." Sofia spoke, sighing.

"But the fate of the people depend not only on my fellow Deities but on Nayoung and I." I explained.

"But how could union be possible if you won't commit yourselves?" Hyeyeon asked.

"The Deity of Fire has a point." Sofia said.

"I'll make it work for us." I answered.

"But this is the Energy of Neutrality, Sejeong." Hana spoke. "Neither sides can't do something for the other to make it work. It needa both of your commitment and powers. Don't force Nayoung. You need to let her decide on her own." 

"And if she still refuses?" I asked.

"She won't." Sofia said. "She will for now...but time heals all wounds, whether you're good or bad. Sejeong..."

"Yes, Your Eminence?" I spoke back.

"Do only a little guidance if in case she insists of her refusal. As much as we need to let her decide, we can't waste time. The other Deities need to go back to Earth to heal all natural delusions in its physical state. Sejeong, try to convince Nayoung of your arranged marriage."

"Yes." We all said.

"The meeting's adjourned." Sofia said and she formed back into a ball of energy and disappeared.

"Peace out." Soyee bids goodbye as she and the rest teleported back to Earth.

I was alone in the meeting room. I sighed and decided to go to the Darkness Realm to talk to Nayoung of our union.

•••••

Sejeong would've thought I was in my realm but no, I'm here on the ing planet. I only come out at night, especially at times when evil sprawls around.

I am the Deity of Darkness. I would've made an impression of being the bad guy. I would steal souls, turn the dreams of children into nightmares, or make every living thing in this world evil. But Dieties' powers are used for better good. In my case, I comsume souls of the wicked and they would turn good, like a cleaner that comsumes all messes to make the world spick and span.

I was in the Philippines as I heard there was a war on the South. I changed the course of belief in these people, consuming all the dark souls in them, ending a war with a snap of my hand. 

"That's a mess cleaned." I mumbled.

I sensed the Diety of Earth coming closer. I hissed and teleported back on my Realm. But as I got there, I saw little lights. I gritted my teeth for the intruder.

"What the are you doing in my realm, Sejeong?!"

Sejeong appeared, lighting up the dark place, making me cringe. She dims lightly and I considered that.

"Soyee sensed your presence on Earth. What happened? A-Are you hurt?" Sejeong spoke as she draws herself near me.

"I'm not, Sejeong." I said, backing away. "I don't have a reason to. I can bear hurt anyway."

"Nayoung, I apologize for intruding. But I need to talk about the union." Sejeong said again.

"No." I answered. "It's a no, Sejeong." 

"What about the Earth? The people?" Sejeong asked.

"To the forsaken hell if I care!" I spat. "We're different, Sejeong. Sofia would've been nuts to unite us but Sofia knows everything and sets everything right for us. But this union? This is the craziest thing."

"It's not, Nayoung." Sejeong said and I stopped. "This union is for the world."

"Well, the essence of union isn't there. Even if I were to unite with you, without love, we stil can't harness the Energy of Neutrality." I said.

"And we can..." Sejeong spoke. "...because I love you."

"I don't believe you." I hissed. "You can't love your opposite, Sejeong."

"But I do." I gulped as Sejeong held my hand. "From the time we were still training to be Deities until now, that we are the most powerful Dieties that ever existed, I still love you."

"Then why did you leave me for power?" I asked.

She didn't say a word. I sighed and faced her. "See? You can't even admit that one sin to me. I would've consumed it to relieve you of your cosmic conscience."

"Nayoung, please..." Sejeong begged. "...let's marry."

"I said no, Sejeong." I pulled my hand away. "Don't make me hurt you."

Sejeong is bright and so is her persistence. She didn't listen to me and I was provoked, dimming those lights. Sejeong blasts a beam at me and I hissed. She teleported out. Thank the stars...

I huffed and relieve myself. I thought of the world. And just like Sejeong, I do care of the well-being of the Earth, especially its living things. I want to help but not in the way I have to marry Sejeong.

She can't get hurt because of me and I swore to myself not to get hurt again.

 •••••

I was a Diety of Light. My realm was always bright and so was my inner self. But then, I secluded myself on that part as I went to an area were there is only little light, almost like a dimmed room.

It had a throne and it is where I sat. This room was my field of solitude as I thought of everything that had happened.

Before being a Diety in the cosmos, you're trained to be one. For Nayoung and I, we were at the top of our game. But at the end of the rainbow, came divergence. 

Not only that this part had dimmed lights, there were also paintings of me and of each Deity, and my painting with Nayoung is was one of the most special ones I have as it was displayed at the center.

A tear made its way to my face as I remember those days...

+++

"Watch your flames, Kim Nayoung!" 

Nayoung shrugged and blasted fire onto the targets. Mina and Haebin were flipping out as they dodge themselves out of the field. Mimi joined in with her lightning and earth powers as Haebin and Xiening with their vine whips.

"Omo-it's God Sejeong!" Hyeyeon cheered.

Sejeong emerged and blasted het famous light beams, disintegrating the targets. Everyone cheered and applauded of her skills, yes, even Nayoung.

"You're the next Diety of Light, Sejeong. I can feel it!" Hyeyeon cheered.

"She's right." Nayoung said. 

"Omo-it's Andrea~" Mina pointed and there was the the Cosmo herself.

"Greetings, trainees." She spoke with grace and dignity. "Your training session is over. You need to go and rest."

Everyone nodded and got out of the arena. For Sejeong and Nayoung, they watched as a girl their age got in the arena. She took a stomp and everyone was blown with her power.

"Who's that, Your Eminence?" Sejeong asked.

"My baby sister, Sofia." Andrea said. "Just like you too, she's training. She'll be my heir to become the next Cosmo."

"Wow." Nayoung reacted. "She's timid but powerful."

"Watch what you say about the next Cosmo, Nayoung." Sejeong reprimanded.

"Nayoung has a point." Andrea nodded. "Sofia is the shy type but her power is great at a young age. She's three years younger than Nayoung."

Nayoung and Sejeong gasped. Sofia was done with training as she teleported to their spot. Andrea pats her back.

"Nice job, sister. But do work on your shapeshifting skills. Your ball is still sloppy." Andrea spoke.

"Ne." Sofia nodded.

"Can we use the arena now?" Nayoung asked. "We still want to practice our elements."

"They can, right unnie?" Sofia asked.

"Of course, my dongsaeng." Andrea agreed and faced the two next dieties. "Go and train if you want to."

The two descendants of Cosmos teleported out. Sejeong and Nayoung stayed and trained their hardest until midnight came.

Sejeong was exhausted with her training but Nayoung wasn't. She kept on blasting and Sejeong could only watch in amazement. Nayoung used all the elements to destroy the dummies and the target practices but she still continued with manipulating fire.

"Why fire, Nayoungie?" Sejeong asked.

"Because it relates to your element, Sejeong." Nayoung said. "I'm training to be the Diety of Fire."

Sejeong got up as Nayoung continued to train. Sejeong held Nayoung's shoulder and wrapped her arms around her, making Nayoung stop and smile to face Sejeong and hug her back.

"Why fire, Nayoungie?" Sejeong asked again.

"For you, Sejeong." Nayoung said.

Sejeong cupped Nayoung's face and they kissed. 

Sejeong and Nayoung were trainees at the top if their league. Sejeong wanted to be the next Diety of Light and Nayoung wanted to be the Diety of Fire. The two had their chemistry in training and just like magnets, they were attracted to each other.

In their realm, elements in relation can unify. That's what Nayoung wants to harness with Sejeong. She wanted to be the Fire for Sejeong's Light.

"I love you." Sejeong said as they broke.

"I love you too." Nayoung hummed back.

•••••

Training went on for the next Dieties and they mastered their respective elements. For Sejeong and Nayoung, they harnessed chemistry in their elements and also their full potential. Everyone was impressed of the two, especially of Nayoung.

Nayoung became a master of the elements, especially with Fire. Nayoung would win every duel, accomplish every mission, and hit every target practices. But Nayoung had gone desperate for power, and it's a thing the fellow trainees cannot see...but the descendants of Cosmos can.

"Nayoung is of the unusual, unnie." Sofia spoke.

"I know, my dongsaeng," said Andrea. "Nayoung is the most skilled trainee within the nine but desperation for power cannot be tolerated."

"Unnie...reconsider Nayoung as Diety of Fire for the coronation." Sofia said.

"No." Andrea spoke sternly. "I feel something in Nayoung's heart. There's love for Sejeong...but there's also that thirst for power. If she wanted to become the Diety of Fire, why is she eager to master all elements?"

"I know, unnie. But you tell me that love prevails. Maybe she's doing it for Sejeong." Sofia said again.

"Sofia..." Andrea spoke to her sister. "We, Cosmos, are the masters of everything that hangs in the balance of the universe. We need to decide what's right for the sake of the universe, especially planet Earth, where people live." She pats Sofia's back. "If Nayoung were to become the Deity of Fire, Nayoung will not only be Sejeong's Light but also a cause of destruction." Andrea looks at Sofia. "And I know you sense it too."

Sofia quivered as she did see that vision. "Nayoung loves Sejeong too much she's driven into power. That overflowing love could destroy the Earth and the balance of the universe..."

"That's right, my dongsaeng." Andrea sighed. "I'm sorry if you and I had to sense that, Sofia."

The two Cosmos sighed. Sofia sensed something again and Andrea did too. 

"I guess the next Diety of Light knows." Sofia said.

"But she won't tell anyone and she won't defy it. That's also Sejeong's weakness." Andrea said to Sofia. "Responsibility had to be a pillar for goodness."

In the training arena, Sejeong heard everything. Being trained to be the Diety of Light, Sejeong can sense solutions to all that is good. And she heard the Cosmos' talk about Nayoung. She almost quivered.

"Sejeong?" Nayoung noticed. "What's the matter?"

"It's nothing." Sejeong shrugged it off and held Nayoung's hand. "Let's train?"

Nayoung nodded and they resumed.

•••••

Nayoung and Sejeong were by the field, watching the galactic sky. Sejeong lights up something by her finger and Nayoung did the same with fire. 

"We're a match." Sejeong said.

"We are." Nayoung smiled as Sejeong snuggled into her. "I'm so excited for the coronation tomorrow. I'm getting that Fire as you get the Light, haha...*sigh*... I'm so happy..."

Sejeong wasn't. She could only sigh and snuggle onto Nayoung even more. Nayoung noticed Sejeong down.

"Sejeong, you've been at it again. What's wrong?" Nayoung grew worried.

"I'm fine, Nayoung." Sejeong said as she hugged her. "I love you...so, so much..."

"I love you too, Sejeong." Nayoung said back. "Why do you sound like you're saying goodbye?"

"Do I sound like it?" Sejeong asked. "I just want to say my love for you."

"I'm messing with you, Sejeong." Nayoung said and Sejeong chuckled. "I love you too, Sejeong."

Sejeong and Nayoung cuddled in each other's arms and hope for the next day.

•••••

It was the coronation of the next Deities and the next Cosmo. The nine trainees lined up as they're destined of their corresponding element.

Hana got Ice, Soyee got Earth, Haebin got Wind, Mimi got Lightning, and Mina got Water. Sejeong, Hyeyeon, and Nayoung were asked to stay. There were three Elements left.

"Hmm...Darkness, huh?" Hyeyeon asked as she got closer to the Element. "Not bad."

Sejeong got closer to and she was got Light, just as expected. Nayoung was happy for her as she and Hyeyeon got to the remaining two elements.

"You're mine, Fire." Nayoung grinned.

"I get Darkness, then." Hyeyeon huffed.

Hyeyeon got to the Darkness Element but it didn't accept her. Hyeyeon watched the Element pass by her as she got a different Element.

"Omo-what happened?" The rest of the Deities wondered.

Hyeyeon tried her power out and it hit her. She was the Deity of Fire.

"No..." Nayoung huffed as she released a ball of black energy. "Andrea, there must be a mistake..."

"There isn't." Andrea spoke. "Now...I bestow my power to Sofia."

Nayoung didn't have the time to rebel against her destined Element as Sofia was crowned the new Cosmo. The ceremony went smoothly but when it was over, Nayoung faced Sofia.

"What is this, Your Eminence?" Nayoung asked of the dark aura around her. "This has got to be a mistake. I'm the Deity of Fire, not the Deity of Darkness."

"The cosmos give the signs that are just. You should've thought of that before turning desperate for power." Sofia spoke instantly. "Consider it as a little punishment for your wrong desires."

"Your Eminence, I must be the Diety of Fire...for Sejeong..." Nayoung insisted. "I beg of you..."

"Nayoung..." Sejeong was tearing up.

"What's done is done, Nayoung." Andrea spoke. "And don't lie of your thirst for power."

"So what if I am desperate? I'm doing it for love, Your Eminences. I'm doing it for Sejeong." Nayoung reasoned.

"Nayoung. You do remember that you shall not tempt the Cosmo that you're superior." Sofia threatened.

Nayoung grew mad, her power coursing through her veins. Before she could lose her patience, she looked at her fellow deities, scared, even Sejeong.

"Sejeong..." Nayoung drew near.

"Nayoung-"

"No!" Hyeyeon protected her. "Opposite Elements cannot be intact!"

"The Deity of Fire speaks wisely. Please, Nayoung... learn to accept and harness the power for good." Sofia pleaded.

"But I'm the Diety of Fire! I'm the real Diety of that element and no one else!" Nayoung yelled, shocking everyone. "I'm getting that Element the hard way!"

"Don't make me hurt you, Nayoung. I forbid it!" Andrea yelled.

Nayoung was driven by anger as she created a Dark Sword and aimed at Sofia when Andrea protected her. Sofia gasped.

"Unnie!" Sofia cried as Andrea disintegrated into vapor.

"Murderer!!" Hana grew mad and blasted ice.

Nayoung and Hana fought as Sejeong and the rest helped Sofia up. Mimi and Haebin helped Hana but Nayoung was too strong. She blasted balls of energy and knocked the three out. Soyee and Xiening, and Mina and Hyeyeon worked together to weaken Nayoung, using their powers to drive her out.

"Please don't hurt her!" Sejeong cried.

Nayoung was stronger again as she got the four knocked out. Sejeong faced Nayoung and the Deity of Darkness gasped.

"Sejeong..." Nayoung huffed. "...You wouldn't..."

"You just murdered the former Cosmo. Have you lost your mind?!" Sejeong infuriated. "And how could you lie to me that you were desperate for power?!"

"I did it for us...for you..." Nayoung cried as she started to weaken. "I love you..."

Sejeong knew it was wrong but it needs to be done for the good of the universe. "Well, that was your mistake!"

"No...No!" Nayoung yelled and she ablazed into dark flames.

Sejeong didn't want to fight Nayoung but responsibility came first. Sejeong ablazed within a white beam and charged.

The rest of the Deities could only witness the strongest clashing. From lovers who vowed to become relatable Deities came the most powerful of opposite Deities. 

Sejeong got her Light Beam aimed at Nayoung. Nayoung also had a Dark Beam on her sleeve. Sejeong charged herself to hit when she visualized the Nayoung from before, the sweet and caring one, and not the Deity of Darkness before her.

"I can't..." Sejeong cried as she missed.

Nayoung continued to assault and Sejeong was hit on the side, gashing herself, all thanks to Sofia.

Sejeong would've been hit on the chest and disintegrating her but the Cosmo came to the rescue, hitting Nayoung with a soft yet indestructible blow, causing the Deity to fall over and faint.

"Sejeong!!" Soyee and Hyeyeon help her out. 

"You okay?" Haebin asked and Sejeong could only nod.

Sejeong didn't have time to worry for herself as she saw a lifeless Nayoung. Sejeong rushed to her side when Hyeyeon and Soyee pull her away. Sofia huffed as she got closer to Nayoung.

"I know the signs are just but I have to apologize for everything, especially to you, Sejeong." Sofia began. "For defying me and for murdering my sister, I order the Deity of Darkness to be locked away in the Black Abyss."

"No!!" Sejeong yelled. "Your Eminence, please..." Sejeong kneeled. "...don't send her away..."

"Sejeong, the Deity of Darkness is dead to you now. As the most powerful of the nine Deities, you have responsibilities​ to do with them in keeping our universe stable. Go and do you tasks."

Sejeong and the rest couldn't disobey. But before they could go, Sejeong looked at Nayoung one last time.

"Nayoungie...my love... I'm so sorry..." She mumbled and cried.

Hyeyeon comforts her as they teleport to Earth and take care of things.

+++

It would make sense that the Deity of Light was always bright. But for me, I couldn't hold them any longer.

Hot glistening tears stained my face and dripped by my robe. I felt like a hypocrite of my Element for my ignorance and leaving Nayoung at bay. That's why I was eager to accept the arranged marriage. I need to save Earth and it's people. And I want Nayoung back.

I wiped my tears away and go ask Nayoung one more time.

•••••

It would make sense that the Deity of Darkness was never emotional. But for me, I couldn't bear them any longer.

I was by the prison back at the Dark Abyss, reminiscing of all that had happened when I was dubbed as the Deity of Darkness and contemplating about my sin.

The Cosmos were always right and they were right that I got thirsty for power. But I was also true I did it out of love. I wanted to be by Sejeong's side and not to be a total opposite of her. But hate became a nutjob in my magical life. I murdered the former Cosmo and was prisoned here as if I was detained for doing the task at hand for Earth.

It was pure torture and it helped me embrace the true essence of Darkness. It made me lose goodness for anything and for anyone.

But at that point in time, love was so powerful. Even if Sejeong tossed me out, I never said that I never love her.

+++

The Dark Abyss was a scenery in the Realm of the Deities, famous for being a penthouse to those Deities who defied the Cosmos. And for Nayoung, it was her reward for that defiance plus for a murder of a former Cosmo.

Sofia would've been inconsiderate and just wiped Nayoung off of the universe like what happened to her sister. But sensing Sejeong's plea of sparing the deity, she could only detain her in a specialized prison for those rebellious Deities.

Nayoung's limbs were chained and she had a heavy shell surrounding her body. Sofia gazed at the fallen Deity as she was still out cold. Sofia sighed and decided to go when she noticed the Deity waking up.

"Sejeong..." Nayoung mumbled in a mantra.

Sofia could only sigh and let her be. For Nayoung, she got a glimpse of the Cosmo before she passed out again.

•••••

Nayoung couldn't recall her stay in the prison. All she could feel was pain. The chains by her limbs were tight, the shell was heavier by the second, and her vision was all dark. She tried to force herself out but she was too weak. Nayoung sighed and she thought of facing another time in the dark and cold abyss.

A little light emitted onto her field of vision. Nayoung just sighed, thinking it was just another lucid dream or just the presence of Sofia.

"Nayoungie..."

"It can't be you, Sejeong..." Nayoung mumbled as she coughed.

Nayoung drooped but a hand held her face. She even noticed her view getting bright. Nayoung could dilqte her eyes and back away but she was stuck. The light dimmed just right for her vision and she cringed of the presence. "You shouldn't be here. Get out of this place right now!"

"Nayoungie... I'm so sorry..." Sejeong cried as she cupped her face. "I didn't mean everything that has happened. I have to check on you..." Sejeong planted a kiss close to her lips. "...I worry for you..."

"No..." Nayoung looked away. "Be gone, Deity!"

"No! I'm not leaving you to suffer here!" Sejeong said as she hugged Nayoung tight.

A beat made its way to Nayoung's heart and it weakened her. Sejeong was still the concerned Deity when they felt the Cosmo's presence.

"I'll visit again..." Sejeong kissed her weak lips. "I love you."

Sejeong disappeared and Sofia came to check on Nayoung and she snickered.

"The Deity of Light came here, huh?" Sofia asked. "Rest Day is coming. Hang in here a little longer, Nayoung."

She vanished again. Nayoung could only sigh and wait for that day.

+++

When that day came, I was taught by Sofia of my Dark Powers to shape them to good use. When I got the hang of it, I got back to business, being the Grim Reaper of evil souls, a hitman for escaped demons, and a cleaning agent of evil for Earth and its cruel people.

I had ceased the divergence between my fellow Deities and made peace in doing our responsibility, even Mimi and I were in very good terms due to our elements. Sejeong was another picture. During the time I was prisoned, she visited me. She checked on me, showering me with those cringy kisses. But for me, I felt weak in those gestures. I feel weak because I felt love in them. 

It hit me. I stormed out of my realm and ran on the solar path when I crossed with Sejeong. 

"Nayoung..." She drew closer. "Nayoung..."

"What brings you here again, Sejeong?" I asked.

"Please..." With her word, I knew what she meant.

"Well..." I huffed. "...we should talk about this someplace else."

•••••

The Tree of Voices was a place Deities could calm and hear voices from the people of Earth. Nayoung and I decided to go to this part of the Cosmic Realm as we talk about the arranged marriage. 

I noticed Nayoung stop, as if she was afraid that her powers would ruin the place. I sighed and went to her, holding her hand.

"Nayoung, the Tree of Voices welcomes all Deities, even Darkness. It's okay..." I said.

She could only nod and walk further and I walked by her side, almost like a couple walking down the aisle after marriage. We went closer, feeling those glistening flowers that bloomed from the tree as we heard laughs, cries, and screams from the people of Earth.

"I can hear them..." Nayoung mumbled, getting a flower. "People are enigmas. They show their emotions but some are hidden. They laugh it off when deep down, they're crying, begging, and asking for help."

"That's how people are, Nayoung. That's what makes them special and what makes Earth a very intriguing and interesting world. There may be delusions happening but they hide that feeling of fear through their smiles. As Deities, we must help them fight against that fear..." I spoke as I reached Nayoung's chest. "...and that's our duty..." I sigh. "Nayoung...please reconsider our marriage."

"I'm just wondering...why us?" Nayoung asked me. "I didn't think it would be possible for us to be unified. We're of opposite elements, Sejeong. Our union could hurt the both of us, mostly you."

Nayoung backed away and looked away. "A Diety of Darkness cannot love, Sejeong. A precious and powerful Deity of Light doesn't deserve to be unified by the Deity of Darkness. Why on Earth would you be unified by someone who cannot love you?"

"I don't believe that." I said as I held my hand close to her heart. "Even Darkness has certain love. I even believe that someone who understands pain can love greater than anyone else."

"But I don't." Nayoung answered. "Sejeong, please..." She backed away again. "...don't force yourself to me. You can be with other Deities that are a good match for you, like Hyeyeon."

"But I don't love Hyeyeon like how I love you..." Sejeong said. "You said so yourself. Union won't be effective if both don't love each other. Well, I love you..." I said. "...and somewhere in that dark heart, I also know that you love me..."

"I don't." Nayoung answered directly.

I was struck by her words, making me dim. I don't know where I got this source of optimism and strength but when I went closer and hugged Nayoung close to me, it made sense to me.

Love is the pillar of all that is powerful. And I always loved Nayoung and she made me strong.

"Sofia was always right about this. I dreamt opposites would have a chance to unite and it will be made possible like us." I said as I cupped Nayoung's face. "Nayoung, I'd never love any Deity other than you. If the Cosmo herself destined us, then I was never wrong in choosing you." 

She lowered her head. "And I've always chosen you too..."

I didn't let Nayoung say anything more and kissed her, my lips a bit stung due to the polarity of our powers. But that didn't stop me. That didn't stop Nayoung either as I felt her hold me and she kisses me back.

Sensual moments between Deities, as Haebin and Mimi describe it, are mostly composed of kisses and no -ups, unlike for people on Earth. Powers strengthen, auras become too vibrant, and there gives birth to a new set of powers. But that. My union with Nayoung is more important.

Wait, why am I cursing? Is this an effect?

We broke from our kiss and I gasped at Nayoung. The residue of my powers splattered her aura, creating a color of neutrality. I also felt the same, seeing dark crevices by my aura, creating another shade of neutrality.

It didn't end there. Nayoung held my waist. I even cupped her face as I kiss her again, our hearts beating frantically and our sense of union rising. We broke again and Nayoung creates her Dark Orb. I create my Light Orb and we gasped as they fused into a greyish orb.

"The Energy of Neutrality..." Nayoung spoke. "...but it's impossible..."

I didn't say anything about it as I kissed her again. My sensuality towards Nayoung made me vibrant, the light illuminating every crevice here by the Tree of Voices. And with Nayoung, the Deity of Darkness, my love...I couldn't stop.

A strong vibration came from Nayoung and she lets go. She panted. I grew worried.

"I'm fine." She stops me before I could touch her again. 

"Where are you going?" I asked as she walked away.

"I need to rest." Nayoung answer.

"What about your answer?" I asked again.

She stopped. She faces me. "You'd know now, right?"

As Nayoung left, I smiled lightly.

She said yes.

•••••

This was utterly perplexing. I would ask myself ‘What the hell are you doing, Deity of Darkness?’

“Nayoung?” I heard Mimi call.

I sighed as I remember everything that had happened, the arranged marriage, the unexpected union with the Deity of Light.

“I’m still getting ready.” I said.

“Well, move your because The Cosmo and the rest of the Deities are waiting.” She added.

I huff and regenerated myself. I took a last sigh as I teleported to the grand hall, the same place where we were crowned as Deities, also a reminder of the whole delusion I caused to Sofia and myself.

It was going to be a different day, a different time here in the cosmic world. For today, union occurs.

“Nayoungie…” Sejeong was by the side.

I sighed and lent a hand to her. She gladly accepted it and we went to the altar where Sofia was waiting. During the walk, I felt Sejeong intertwining her fingers beyond mine as she held my hand tenderly. We got to the altar as Sofia welcomed us.

The union of Deities was a quick ceremony. Unlike the rites done on Earth for married couples, all that requires is the Cosmo’s approval. Sofia chanted something as we bowed our heads and I felt a sting by my hand. I looked to see a ring and Sejeong has one just like it.

“It had to be quick.” Sofia said as the grand hall dimmed. “The time has come Deities. You must do your tasks and save this universe.”

All of us gathered and faced Sofia. We saw her sigh as she shows a hologram of Earth. The sight made all of us gasp.

“People have gone from bad to worst. If you look at the Earth, it’s lost its green. Their killing their Mother…” Sofia gasped.

“Great. Another mess to deal with…” Soyee sighed as Xiening comforts her.

“People may have the decency to stop a madness they’ve caused but not this time. More innocent people will be influenced and they’re coming to destroy their land. It’ll be like rain that never ends….” Sofia points at all of us. “…unless all of you will work together to stop them and restore balance in the universe.”

“Right!” Hana nodded.

“Right!” We all joined her.

“You nine Deities have been chosen for a purpose. As the Cosmo, I will stand with you and fight with you…you know I will…” Sofia said.

“We will not let you down, Your Eminence.” Hana said and we all nodded.

“Very well.” Sofia said. “Now go.”

The rest of them teleported to Earth. I held Nayoung’s hand so we can go together when Nayoung didn’t budge. Sofia came to us and we faced her.

“Do your duty well. The balance must be restored.” Sofia said.

“Yes, Your Eminence.” I said.

“It shall be done.” Nayoung added.

“Nayoung?” Sofia called and I looked at her.

“Yes, Your Eminence?” She asked.

“Don’t strain yourself, okay? Be careful.” Sofia spoke as she vanished

I didn’t understand but I saw Nayoung’s serious look. I cupped her face but she gave me a smile.

“I’m fine, Sejeong. The Cosmo is just concerned.” She answered.

“But as your wife, I’m worried. Is everything okay?” I asked again.

“It’s okay.” She said again. “Now let’s go help the others.”

I nodded and gave her a kiss. “Okay…”

We held hands and the next thing we know, we were on the surface of the Earth and the surroundings was not a pretty good sight.

•••••

The Earth was in chaos. I could see a lot of unpleasant things and the rest of the fellow Deities resolving any delusions in any way they can. 

"Nayoungie..." I faced Sejeong and she was growing dim, hugging me. "... I'm scared..."

"Let's do this..." I said as I held her hand. "...together."

Sejeong nodded and we did our duty, forming Energies of Neutrality and blasting it to every person we passed. From the streets of Seoul up around the mountains of China, we blast even living things, and my fellow Deities were in our way as they do their own thing in restoring the Earth.

We were almost done but I weakened. I dragged myself by the Great Wall, panting. Sejeong and the rest were too focused but Mimi noticed me.

"Nayoung-"

"Sh!" I hushed. "Don't make Sejeong worry."

"What are you talking about? What's wrong?" Mimi asked.

"Just shut up and help me." I said.

Mimi only blasted me with a lightning bolt and I was back on my feet again. I got to Sejeong as we surrounded ourselves with the last of the delusions. 

Mina, Hyeyeon, and Haebin took care of the tsunami. Hana and Mimi dealt with the bad weather, and Soyee and Xiening restored destroyed parts of the region. For Sejeong and I, we still sensed inarticulate people and we decide to blast the Energy of Neutrality at its full potential.

"Nayoungie...that's enough..." I heard her say as we got the orb formed.

I felt my heart was going to give in. The goodness plus my love for Sejeong was too great that I'm betraying my destined Element. But the world is still at stake. This is the last one to resolve the balance of the universe and we need to make one last clean shot.

"Just...a little...more..." I said.

As we got it formed, we blasted it into the sky. Beams of grey emitted from the crevices of dark clouds and restored everything. Sejeong used her Light Beam and brought good light to the world.

The Earth was back to normal. We did a victory yell. I could only sigh and sit down, holding my waist smudged in silver fluid...my blood...

"Nayoungie, we did it! We-" 

I smiled at her. She gave me a shocking look. I couldn't remember because the last thing I know, darkness greeted me.

•••••

I was in deep panic for a Deity of Light. The rest of the Deities followed as we got to the grand hall, and I had a lifeless Nayoung by my arms.

"Your Eminence!" I called as tears flowed. "Your Eminence, we need your help! Nayoungie..."

Sofia appeared and summoned us to the Temple of Healing. She got Nayoung at the center and she was laid above a dark bed. 

"Nayoungie-" I went to touch her face when I felt a sting on my hand, making me back away.

"Deity of Light, you shouldn't have touched that." Sofia spat. "Even though you have a union with the Deity of Darkness, you're still opposites. As long as the Deity of Darkness is in the brink of healing, you cannot touch her."

"Your Eminence, how could this happen?" Hana asked.

"The Deity of Darkness is unique from the different Deities. Usually, they're born evil. Trainees who are destined themselves to become Deities of Darkness risk their own emotions for power." Sofia points a hand and Nayoung was surrounded by dark tentacles that could make Xiening cringe. "When you are the Deity of Darkness, not only they use their powers with respect towards the goodness of the Earth and the destined Element, you lose everything good, even emotions." Sofia looks at me. "In fact, Nayoung shouldn't even experience love."

I gasped as I look at Nayoung who was motionless. I was crying. I want to help. I even want to touch her and hold her in my arms. I even realize why Nayoung was giving me the cold shoulder since then.

"Is this the thing about opposite Elements?" I asked, wiping my own tears away.

"Yes, Sejeong. Just like what the Deity of Fire meant of opposite Elements. Union would hurt either of you...but Nayoung took that effect for the both of you."

"Why didn't you say anything by then?! I would've understood and stopped this arranged marriage, Your Eminence." I raged. "Why does Nayoung have to suffer for the both of us?!"

"Deities of Darkness are stubborn anf they take all the suffering. She did it out of love. Love is dangerous for Nayoung but she didn't stop for you." Sofia said. "Nayoung loves you so much, Sejeong...she always has..."

I wept as all lights dimmed, even my soul. What's there to be bright about when the love of my life was suffering?

"Your Eminence..." Xiening spoke. "...what about the Gift?"

"That's right. We can use all our energy to form a big Orb of Healing to bring Nayoung back." Mimi added.

"That could be possible." Sofia said. "But it's never assured."

"But we can't just let Nayoung heal slow." Soyee said as she formed her orb. "As fellow Deities, we must help."

The rest nodded and made their Orbs. I stopped crying and made mine. Sofia bound all our orbs into one, converting into a Dark Orb and stored it inside Nayoung.

Nayoung glowed and the ground shook. We hacked awsy and let the Gift take effect. As the ground froze back and the glow subsided, I went closer to Nayoung, holding her face and nudging her. It didn't sting anymore. I felt all of them teleport someplace else so that I have my alone time with Nayoung.

"Nayoungie... Nayoungie, please wake up..." I mumbled.

Her eyes opened slowly and I glowed so bright that light filled the dark temple. I noticed Nayoung chuckle. "Someone's excited..."

"How can I not?" I asked as I caressed her face. "You're okay..." I hugged her. "I was so worried. I thought you were gone. I thought I was going to lose you..."

I felt her pat my back and I melted onto that touch, crouching beside her and letting my head lean onto her shoulder. 

"Don't cry, Sejeong. It doesn't suit you." Nayoung spoke.

"But I'm crying for joy because you're okay." I spoke back. 

"Just listen to me and don't cry." She said again and I nodded.

I nodded and kissed her shoulder. "I love you..."

"I love you too." Nayoung spoke back. "I always have and always will."

I smiled of her answer but then, I felt her heart stop beating. I looked up at Nayoung and her eyes closed again, her hand on my back falling upon my shoulders.

The Deities came back and I looked worriedly at all of them, especially at Sofia.

"Your Eminence..." I cried again. "...what happened?"

"Sejeong." She began. "The Gift wasn't enough for Nayoung to heal. Don't lose hope for there is another way." I was teleported next to Hyeyeon as she wrapped Nayoung in a black shawl. "She must regenerate by the Dark Pit, a region close to the Dark Abyss, a place where the root of Darkness lives. Nayoung needs to absorb strength from it to get her back onto her own feet."

"O-Okay..." I nodded. "I'm up for anything to bring Nayoung back to life."

"Even if it means waiting for the rest of your life?" Sofia asked.

I gasped of that. "What do you mean, Your Eminence?"

"The Dark Pit can heal her assuringly but it'll take almost a lifetime to heal her. Nayoung's wounds were too great...so it'll take a very long time. The question is...will you wait for her to heal and return?"

A sudden urge didn't want me to agree. I wanted Nayoung to heal quickly. I want her to be alive again. And I want to be by her side again. But waiting for almost eternity? I don't know if my heart can take it.

But my soul glowed inside. I sighed and faced them. "Yes. For Nayoung... I'll wait for her."

•••••

Hello Darkness, my old friend…I’ve come to talk with you again…

“That’s song is too mainstream.” I spat at a black statue.

“What? It’s catchy.” The status spoke. “If it isn’t my favorite Deity.”

“Yeah, sure…” I mumbled. “I had to stay at the Dark Pit to heal and here I am, talking to you in my dream realm.”

“Well, the Dark Pit is like an oven…and you’re the gingerbread deity that needs to be baked properly.” It said. “And with your wounds, it’ll take almost forever to finish.”

“But is isn’t that long, unless you’re a human.” I said.
“You’re right.” The statue said again.

I stared onto complete darkness. But somehow, I liven it up as I visualize evil souls and beasts roaming around like ghosts or one of those figures seen by the Northern Lights.

“For a Deity of Darkness, you sure are mischievous.” The statue said.

“I had to. It was the only I can interact with my fellow Deities without wrecking my element.” I shrugged.

“Well, you just did thanks to your love towards the Deity of Light.” It spat back. “I can’t blame you. The Cosmo is right about one thing. Love is so powerful even Darkness plays with it.”

“You don’t say?” I spoke then it hit me. “I need to go back.”

“No, you’re not.” It said. “You’re still healing.”

“But you can decide to heal me quickly, right?” I batted. “For ing sake, you’re Darkness itself. You can heal me whenever you want to.”

“Of course, I can. And that’s my decision. I will heal you slowly.” The bastard statue said again.

“Come on. I need to heal quickly.” I sighed.

“Because?” It asked.

“Because I need to wake up.” I said.

“For a Deity, you sure can be mischievous in times of life and death. Yah! I’m the source of your powers. Show some respect!” It batted.

“My reason will make me weak again.” I mumbled.

“And that is?” It asked again.

“I need to heal quickly…because Sejeong is waiting for me. The Deity of Light is waiting for me to return…” I sighed. “Great. I just violated the laws of Darkness.”

“Why is she waiting for you?” It asked.

“Because she loves me…” I mumbled. “Strike two…”

“And do you love her?” It asked.

I sighed. I’m not going to heal quickly. “I do.”

“Aigoo…we had to spare bullty drama. Why didn’t you just say so?” The statue snapped its fingers and I gasped of the person.

“You’re me?” I asked.

“I’m the former Deity of Darkness, Nayoung. I’m your ancestor and the new root of Darkness. You wouldn’t know because trainees are not supposed to meddle with the business of Deities.” She said. “And you know what? You are just like a photocopy of me.”

“Why?” I sighed childishly.

“The ball of energy destined us so.” She said and I laughed.

“But seriously…I need to get back.” I said again.

“Of course you want to.” She said. “But please take the whole affection to a minimum. Darkness, remember?”

“Okay.” I nodded.

She pins my forehead tight and I felt weak. “See you soon.”

*gasp*

I felt the shawl off of me and I was at the Dark Pit. I looked around, seeing no one and a pitch-black environment. I looked around again and saw a familiar light.

"Your Eminence?" I asked.

"You've awaken, Deity of Darkness." Sofia came closer. "I wouldn't have thought Darkness became so nice to you."

"I talked my way through her, Your Eminence. Just like the ing Deity I am." I said and Sofia chuckled.

"Now move your up and go see your Deity." Sofia said.

"Of course, Your Eminence." I said and felt my power coursing. "But I need to change into a good set of clothes."

•••••

I was by the Tree of Voices and heard the true emotions of the People. I smiled of that but my heart didn't say it. Now I was lying like them before.

I crouched and held by the flowers. I felt my tears drop onto the petals as I dimmed again. It was almost a century since Nayoung was sent to the Dark Pit. I longed for her to return but as the seconds passed, I got dimmer due to the sadness I felt. I miss her. I just want her back.

I cried as I gazed at the flower on my hand, the petals glistening by my dim hand. But then, I noticed that the petals stopped glistening. I looked at the Tree and all petals stopped glistening. I gulped, trying to light my Light Orb when it formed into the Energy of Neutrality.

I felt my soul lighten and I looked back, crying of utter joy as I saw her.

It was Nayoung.

"Sejeong-ah..." Nayoung grinned that mischievous smile and lent a hand.

I stormed my way towards her and I held her hand and hugged her so tight. I could feel my light shining brightly and a course of neutral energy flowing throughout the Tree of Voices.

"I knew you'd come back for me..." I sniffled as I hug her so tight.

"Who says I wouldn't?" Nayoung asked back.

I realized something that I backed away when Nayoung hugged me tight. I gasped. "Nayoung...your powers..."

"Love is poweful, Sejeong...and it makes me immune to you because I love you." She said. "Darkness is still a part of me but my love wil always be here. Besides, we're married, remember?"

I looked at Nayoung and smiled, cupping her face. Nayoung grinned and I felt her wipe my tears away. I felt her hand by my face, leaning onto it and holding it.

"Didn't I tell you not to cry?" Nayoung spoke. "You're the Deity of Light. You need to be always happy."

"I will always be..." I said, inching closer. "...because you're staying with me...forever..." 

"Hell yeah, I am." Nayoung said.

"You're so cute when you speak mischievously." I said, kissing her cheek. "I love you..."

"I love you too." Nayoung said back.

I smiled as we shared a kiss. I became the bright Deity of Light that I was as I await and hope of another time in the cosmic universe with the one I love.

We were opposites but who knew it had only to do with that one union...

===

That was the story, everyone. As you can see, I hsf me my OCs so yeah, rules will change again. OCs might appear in stories like these depending on the plot.

Mind me for the long time that I forgot to update. Keep your requests coming and stay tuned for more stories.