Error (Sejeong • Hana)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Error

Characters: Kim Sejeong, Shin Bora

Requested by: dinasjeong

===

You did well…it’s okay…

Sometimes, emotions are thrown away due to circumstances of sadness. It’s what I forced myself as I went on with life.

Forget.

Today, make friends, shake hands, and do the usual gestures. Tomorrow, forget. It was the only way to live onto the madness of this world.

But one is never perfect, right? In my case, I couldn’t. I couldn’t because it made my heart sad.

“Sejeong?”

I ease myself in the comfort room as the knocks of the door grew louder. I huffed and opened the door. “Yes, Sojin?”

“I prefer my nickname, thanks.” She said, tying her hair onto a messy bun.

“Yes, Soyee?” I ask again.

“Professor Mimi has arrived.” She said. “She said she wants to check our antidote right this moment.”

“Alright.” I nodded and went ahead. “Let’s go.”

+++

I felt my hands fiddle against each other as Professor Mimi checked the project. Soyee was on my left, almost fidgeting.

“Well…it seems the body’s resisting it. However, it did worsen some side effects. That hasn’t happened.” Professor Mimi addressed.

“It’s still the ninth trial, Prof. There are nine more to go. But we make sure to make any alterations if deemed necessary.” Soyee defended.

“Alright. But it better be quick, you two.” Professor Mimi spoke as she watched the news. “The government is useless with this plague. No one’s healing and access to medications consider pay. It’s a pandemonium out there and they consider it as a joke.”

“True.” I spoke. “We’re doing whatever it takes.”

Soyee excused herself to continue the work. I decided to follow her when Professor Mimi stopped me. “Cut the formalities, Sejeong.”

“What must I do, then? Continue the slow pace?” I asked her.

“You’re in the same rank as me, Sejeong. Why do this? Why strain yourself?” Mimi asked me, gripping my shoulder. “You think SHE wanted it?”

I shove her hand off and went on, sitting on the corner as my tears dropped.

I am Kim Sejeong, a medical technician in Seoul Hospital. I, together with my right-hand Jang Sojin, Soyee as she prefers to be called, am a part of a medical resistance to create an antidote where the citizens have free access against a plague, in which a egotistically stupid government cannot handle.

Yes, it seems unrealistic. But who else can become a pillar to save innocent lives when the groups who have the authority cannot even do a decent job?

Now why do I pursue onto this? It was because of HER.

She died onto that plague and I couldn’t save her…

•••••

One thing that I could implant towards myself is that I needed to live. In this jeopardy of a plague, I just need to be physically around and just breathe. But at the circumstance, why couldn’t I?

“Hana! Hana, don’t let go!”

I look at my hands, all bluish and pale. I even had a glimpse of her, her face frantic and her hands shaking holding the syringe. Her voice rang around the laboratory as I laid there like I was useless to help her.

the plague for recruiting me as its latest victim and my system for being so weak.

“S-Sejeong…” I called.

She got closer and I grabbed her hand. She was crying, saying her apologies. The symptoms were worsening and her prototype of an antidote isn’t working.

“Yah…” I cupped her cheek. “…you did well. It’s okay…”

And that was the last thing I said to her before I gave in and my world went dark.

“Bora.”

I faced my back. “Yes, Haebin?”

“Professor Mimi has arrived. Nayoung is already there plus you’re needed for this meeting. The three of us are.”

“Alright.” I nodded. “Let’s go.”

+++

“What do you mean it’s not working?!” I yelled, banging the table.

“I apologize, Head Shin.” Professor Mimi bowed. “We did a test but…it had worsen the side effects plus the antibodies resisted.”

“That’s blasphemy.” I hissed. “There were already procedures done. All they had to do was make improvements and they couldn’t do it?!!”

Apologies kept going and I kept her quiet until the meeting. After the agenda and moments of farewell, I went ahead. I could hear footsteps. “Haebin, Nayoung.”

“Yah…no need to get testy, Bora.” Haebin added.

“You don’t understand.” Nayoung batted. “She’s-“

“Enough talk.” I said to them. “I need some peace in my office.”

They nodded and went to another department to do some work. I got inside my office and slumped onto my chair as it twirled.

I am Shin Bora. I am a leader of this medical resistance. But before I became a leader, I was a victim of the same plague.

A special medical technician did her best to heal me but she failed. I died right on the spot. But somehow, my body resisted and I lived. I had an antibody. I could become a catalyst to help save other victims such as myself.

But if I submitted myself to the government, I’d become a lab rat. Their incapability and phony arrogance won’t help save this nation. And so, I started off solo then gathered people to help me of this resistance. My left and right wings, Nayoung and Haebin, recruited others too. And who knew she was one of them?

I got her picture and I decided on a course of action to settle this predicament once and for all.

•••••

My mornings were always dreadful. But this typical morning was horrible.

“What do you mean, I get a new partner?!” I batted at Mimi.

“It was an order from the Head herself. Soyee will be doing research in China. A new medical technician will become your partner for this experimentation.” Mimi said. “It’s about time. Both of you need to go back to your rightful posts. You speaking highly of me is disgusting.”

“It’s not about the ranks or the formalities, Mimi. I need Soyee to do this with me. She’s one of the best medical technicians we have. We’ve been in it together.” I batted.

“Sorry. The decision has been made.” Mimi batted back.

A ring was heard and Mimi was giddy as she said that it was the new medical technician. But as the doors opened, I fell on my feet. For Mimi, she was as shocked as I was.

“Head Shin?!”

Mimi bowing was an understatement. I didn’t flip out because she was a Head. I flipped out because she was there. Period.

“Mimi, keep your head up.” She said as she got closer. “Sejeong, you okay?”

I couldn’t say anything but get up, bowing lightly. I stayed by Mimi's side as Head Shin faced herself in front of us. “Kim Sejeong. Starting from now, we’ll be partners for the experimentation of the antidote.”

Mimi nudged me and I nodded and bowed. “Yes, Head Shin. I’m privileged to work with you.”

“Mimi, excuse us, please.” She said.

Mimi went off and the ambiance became unpleasant. Being left here alone with Hana was almost suffocating. I couldn’t believe she was actually Head Shin herself. It had been two years and there were many unexplainable things that sought for answers.

“Sejeong.”

“Hana.” I called back. “H-How did you…”

“You did save me.” She spoke. “The antidote you made before was actually effective but the time of relief was too long.”

“This is ridiculous to believe.” I huffed as I put a hand on my forehead. “I saw you lifeless for weeks, I…you…you died…”

“I know.” She said as she inched closer. “I thought so to but I lived. I even started this resistance.”

“Why didn’t you tell me?!” I got furious. “Why didn’t you tell me that you were alive and that you started this?! And don’t tell me everyone knew except me!”

“That’s actually true. You and Sojin technically.” Hana spoke.

“Cut to the chase.” I spoke

“I did it because I’d be a hindrance to your thinking that it would disrupt everything that is meant to be for this resistance.” Hana said as she paced. “The well-being of the people against this plague is our concern. What we have now is more serious. Nothing should be personal.”

“Ouch.” I snickered. “We had something together. I tried to save you yet you died…and now this?”

“That was in the past.” Hana said. “Forget about it, Sejeong.”

That’s right. Forget.

“Alright. Anyways…” I lent a hand. “…privileged to be working with you, Head Shin-“

“Please.” She interrupted, shaking my hand back almost tenderly. “Call me Hana…always call me that…”

•••••

I was running towards the laboratory Sejeong worked and so much for a Head, I was late. Nonetheless, I managed to get inside. Now the strange part was that Sejeong wasn’t inside.

I looked around the lab, seeing the usual medical setup but my eyes landed onto a door. With utter curiosity, I went to open it slowly. I got inside, gasping of what I’m seeing.

The walls were grey and there were three body prototypes. Two were cadavers on glass compartments and one was a carbon copy of me.

“What are you doing here?!”

I was shocked as Sejeong got in and covered that particular prototype. I gulped as Sejeong glared. She was the nicest person you’d know so seeing her glare would be unusual.

“Sejeong, I’m so sorry…” I spoke. “…I was looking for you.”

“Well, I’m here already, Hana. Shall we begin?” Sejeong spoke.

I nodded and motioned her to follow me. As she did, my heart felt hurt.

Sejeong and I had wonderful memories that it was impossible for me to let them go. I made a counterattack out of it by trying to forget but it ruined me.

+++

“Sejeong, please pass the flask with the antibiotic.”

She nodded and handed me one. “Thanks.”

“No problem.” Sejeong replied. “What about the antibody?”

“We’ll gather some later.” I instructed her. “We need more of the previous samples.”

“Noted.” I heard Sejeong say.

It was the usual thing. Sejeong and I grew serious with the works. Finishing eighteen trials, the two of us managed to find a solution. It would take time but we assured ourselves to quicken the pace but still get excellent results.

After putting some antibiotic inside, I went to grab another flask of hot oil. Being too stupid, I held it with my bare hand. I watched the flask fall when Sejeong grabbed it with her bare hand.

“Sejeong-“

“Ouch.” She hissed as she poured onto the mixture then placing it back. “Hana, what was that?!”

I apologized and Sejeong winced. I saw her hand and it was burned to the palm. Sejeong cared nonetheless and continued to work.

“Stop.” I grabbed her wrist. “We need to get that healed.”

Sejeong didn’t refute and we halted our procedures. I grabbed a first-aid kit and grabbed the burn ointment and gauze. I also got a scalpel and burst the swollen parts. Sejeong huffed and I ease her, slowly mending her hand.

“Thank you…” Sejeong mumbled.

I finished wrapping her hand and held it tenderly. Remembering what I saw on the other room, I asked her. “What’s with those prototypes?”

“It’s none of your concern, Hana.” Sejeong batted.

“Why was there a prototype that looked like me?” I asked again.

“If I tell you, will you not talk about it again?” She asked, almost glaring at me.

I gulped and nodded. Sejeong puts a hand on her forehead. “The two were built recently while the carbon copy was built two years ago.”

“Why did you build them?” I asked her.

“Those prototypes were samples. They were considered as testing compartments for the antidote. They were created from my tissues.” Sejeong said, exposing her torso and neck. “Hence, I got these scars.”

“What about the carbon copy?” I asked again.

“I got some of your DNA and tissues, combining my own to build it.” Sejeong answered. “Most of the trials are for that carbon copy since you were a victim before.”

“Stop lying.” I batted, making Sejeong's eyes dilate. “You didn’t make it because of the antidote. You made it…because you were lonely. You longed for me.”

“Hana.” Sejeong batted. “I moved on. I didn’t make it personally. It’s for this resistance and nothing else. And just like you said before, this is serious work that there should be no personal factors. Now can we get back to work?”

I lowered my head and nodded. Despite of a burnt hand, Sejeong continued to work. I joined her, thinking that I couldn’t win over this argument.

Sejeong and I are nothing anymore.

•••••

It was another morning and I got inside my special room. I checked the prototypes if they were fine and lastly checked on the carbon copy, injecting the latest sample of the antidote for testing.

I could only sit and wait for the antidote to be accepted into the system. Looking at the copy, I sighed.

Hana was right. I also made the copy to look like her because…

…I missed her.

“You still kept these.”

I turned my head and there was Hana, holding onto the old notebooks I had. “I remember the day when you were so focused on these you barely had time for me. I was like a whiny kid, wanting your attention.”

“But I did get to you at that time, didn’t I?” I asked her.

“You did, Sejeong.” Hana answered.

“When did you get here?” I asked her.

“Just now. I reckoned that you were here so I came inside.” Hana asked, her eyes on the carbon copy. “Sejeong, this process is too tacky. Why don’t you try the antidote on me?”

“You have no traces of the virus now like hello, you’re breathing right here, right now.” I batted. “And even if you did, I won’t let you.”

The copy was awake and living. I went closer, checking the vital signs. I was overjoyed when its skin turned a proper color and not the bluish tone.

“It’s working…” Hana mumbled.

“It is.” I smiled at the copy.

Minutes later, a beep was heard. I checked the copy and her arm turned bluer. I tried to stop the process when the arm exploded off of the body, makeshift blood splattering me.

“Sejeong.” Hana pulled me away. “Let’s try another way-“

“Damnit!!” I shoved her off and got the arm.

I got the arm on the table and cleaned the place up. Somehow, I had my frustrations of another failed attempt and of Hana witnessing all this.

+++

The days went by and Hana and I were still working onto the minor alterations of the antidote. For my case, I still used the carbon copy for testing. Hana loathed it to bits but what does it matter to me?

I fixed its arm and placed it back before trying the recent antidote on it again. I looked at the copy when a sudden touch of the hand disrupted my focus.

“You’re at it again.” Hana spoke.

“Yeah. Anyways, it might take a while.” I answered.

Hana and I sat beside each other and waited. It was silence surrounding the place, making everything awkward.

“Tell me, Sejeong.” Hana began. “Tell me everything that has happened to you for the past two years.”

“Why do you want to know?” I asked.

“I just want to.” Hana answered.

“Well, after you died because of the plague, I was…lost.” I began. “The thought of you dying in front of me haunted me all throughout the years, making me feel incompetent of my work. I sometimes had thoughts that I became a murderer because I didn’t heal you.”

“You’re not a murderer, Sejeong.” Hana made me look at her. “It was all the fault of circumstance. The effect of your antidote didn’t have an instant relief. It took me a week to heal, Sejeong.”

“So the antibodies Soyee and I got…were they all from you?” I asked.

“Yes.” She nodded. “And I know you tried to come up with an antidote with instant relief for the people.”

“I tried. We tried.” I clarified. “And by the looks of the signs, it’s working.”

“Sejeong.” Hana called me again. “After this…what are you going to do?”

“I don’t know. Maybe go back to being a citizen. And unless the government catches us, I’ll submit myself towards execution.” I answered. “It had been a nice life. I’ll settle down when needed to.”

“Is that really all you want to do after?” Hana asked.

I knew where this was going. But my heart told me to hear out for myself. “It’s all I know.”

“Sejeong, it doesn’t have to be like this.” Hana said as she held my hand. “You and I…we can start over.”

“I can’t. Not with this life.” I answered, moving away.

“Sejeong, I longed for you!” She spoke that I froze. “When I healed out of nowhere, I longed to return to you. But you were off somewhere and I had no leads. And seeing the plague that took my first life, I had to address onto a different path. So I started this…and  took time to look for you through recruitment.”

“So you’ll thank Mimi for finding me then?” I asked.

“I had done that many timesbecause I finally found you! And that we’re here…together…” Hana spoke. “All your compensations are the reason why you built that copy!”

I teared up as I looked away. Hana was right. I missed her and longed for her for as long as I can remember. But having to believe that she died lost me of my vision of the future.

“Hana…” I spoke. “…why didn’t you tell me that you found me?”

“My concern averted towards the people and the plague that killed thousands of them. When you and Soyee started to make this antidote, I didn’t want to stand in your way. I tried doing it for a long time but I couldn’t take it anymore.” Hana inched closer. “You’re here with me. I want to start over with you.”

I looked away and saw that the process was complete. I went closer when I felt a hug by my back.

“Sejeong, please…” I heard Hana mumble. “…I love you. Come back to me.”

•••••

“Sejeong, please…I love you. Come back to me.”

Sejeong thought it was one big lie but it was true. As much as I want to erase everything that had happened between us, I couldn’t. I still want her to look at me the same way she did before. I wanted her to know now that I couldn’t forget her and that I don’t want her to forget how much I loved her.

“Hana. Let go.” Sejeong spoke. “The antidote is taking effect.”

I felt my heart break. Now she concerns of the plague and the people and not our relationship. I slowly released as Sejeong went to check the side effects. I could stand and watch in agony.

What have I done? What have I done to the cheerful Sejeong? All of this is my fault. Sejeong acting so cold and serious is also my fault.

“Hana.” Sejeong faced me with gleam. “This is it.”

I saw the copy, the body that reminded of my state when I became a victim. But now, the bluish skin turned fleshy in a good way. And seeing this copy, it felt like I had a twin.

“We need to wait for one more day. If the body is still fine, we can finally release this.” I said.

Sejeong nodded. I got closer and hugged her. I could cry of the contact. I miss her so much.

“You did well. It’s going to be okay now.”

Those were like my last words to Sejeong before. I felt her soften that I hugged her tighter.

I stayed by her side that time, hoping, praying…that somehow we’ll be back together.

+++

The day went on and the antidote was good to go. I called Nayoung and Haebin to get it delivered swiftly and silently. By now, I ended the call with Mimi for backup as I look at Sejeong.

She was sleeping after a hard day's night watching over the copy. I got closer and laid beside her, looking at her, so fragile and so peaceful.

I reached to cup her cheek. Do I even deserve this woman?

“Hana…” Sejeong mumbled in her sleep. “I missed you…”

“Sejeong…”

“I’m so sorry…” She cried. “…you died because of me…”

The past was still haunting her. But I’m alive now, aren’t I? She wouldn’t have worried but I guess she never expected to fail at that time. My previous death has triggered her.

But that was all in the past. I want Sejeong to know that it’s okay now. I’m here with her now and that’s what matters.

“Sejeong…” I hugged her. “…it’s not your fault, okay? You didn’t kill me. You saved me.”

She finally calmed and even hugged me back. That was a good start and I pray that this progresses, that we’d be in love again.

•••••

“With the statuses, the antidote has been distributed secretly to most parts of the country. The healed ones have been brought safely to our warehouse for evacuation.” Mimi discussed.

“There are still others in the government's hands. Our defense team is trying to retrieve them but it’ll take​ time.” Nayoung sighed. “They found out about it and have waged war against us.”

“Now that the antidote has been distributed, there are also citizens developing antibodies.” Haebin showed a clip. “47% of the population are showing signs, but we retrieved only 3% of those people having the antibodies.”

“To the least we can multiply the supply and quicken the distribution.” Hana said. “Anyways, how is the defense team coming along?”

“They’re doing the work. But there’s been a situation.” Mimi spoke as she showed a clip. “The government is taking this seriously. We may have prevented them from ruining any plans but the number of soldiers are lessening rapidly. If this continues, we may lose the defense team.”

“How many volunteers are needed?” I asked seriously.

“We’re working on the healed ones we have. They can volunteer if necessary.” Nayoung answered.

“Even medical technicians?” I asked again.

“In this crucial stand, anyone can be welcomed to defend.” Haebin answered.

“Then I’ll volunteer.” I raised a hand.

“No, Sejeong. You’re not doing it!” Hana batted.

“Anyone can volunteer, right?” I asked and the three nodded. “So I’m doing it.”

“You’re an exception!” Hana batted again. “By my name as Head, I forbid you to be part of the defense team.”

“With all due respect, Head Shin…” Mimi raised her hand lightly. “Sejeong is not only a medical technician but also a veteran soldier. Her skills are needed for the defense team as well.”

“We would’ve put her there during the time of recruitment but her medical skills prevailed and you didn’t let us.” Nayoung said. “But this is crucial now, Head Shin. We need her to defend until such time everyone heals.”

They all agreed to let me join that Hana stormed out of the meeting room. I excused myself to catch up to her.

“Hana, wait!” I stopped her. “Why are you like this?”

“Why am I like this?” She faced me. “That’s all you can ask of this?”

“Hana…”

“You know I don’t want this, Sejeong! But why? Why are you doing this?!” She pushed me off. “Are you doing this to stay away from me?!”

“I’m not!” I batted. “I’m doing this for the resistance. The possibility of us falling down isn’t acceptable.”

“Losing you isn’t acceptable!” Hana spat as she teared up. “Enemies of the defense team are relentless. I don’t want you to end up dying like them!”

“Hana, I’m a veteran. I can do this. I have to do this.” I defended.

“It’s not about your skill, Sejeong. The possibility of dying cannot be avoided as well.” Hana spoke as she clutched on the collar of my lab coat. “Also…” She pulled me for a hug. “…I can't lose you…not again…”

“I’m sorry.” I spoke as I broke. “It won’t change my mind. I have to do this, Hana.”

I saw her lower her head as she cried. I sighed and held her chin so that she’d look up and wiped her tears off.

“Keep you head up.” I spoke. “And take care of yourself.”

I went off towards my laboratory and went to get my suitcase that had my stuff during my time in the military, grabbing a convenient weapon, a gun, and ammo. I exited again and the four of them just looked at me.

“I’m ready.” I spoke.

“Come with me, Sejeong.” Mimi said as she showed her brass knuckles. “Let’s kick some .”

Mimi went ahead. I bowed my farewell towards the rest as Hana looked at me, crying again. I averted my gaze immediately and followed Mimi.

I have done my part of this resistance and will do my last towards defending this resistance. As I walked, every step also cost me my tears.

I had to rip Hana off of my heart, even if it means I’ll get hurt.

+++

The rest of the medical team have scattered around the country, retrieving new citizens and keeping them safe. The government also made their move as they try to counterattack them but the defense team was always ready.

For Mimi and I, we were posted at Seoul since most of the action was in here. And just like Hana described, they were relentless.

It was chaos. Many fought as some lose their lives along the way. I huffed, holding my knife and took charge, slashing enemy after enemy. Mimi followed with her jabs, hooks, and uppercuts. Like the veteran I am, I destroyed a fleet.

The wave was dealt but more came in. Mimi huffed as much as I did.

“We’ll let the rest defend on the sidelines. Let’s empty this part, shall we?” She got her knuckles ready.

I nodded and we divided in killing our fleets. The rest of the defense team would’ve​ froze but we pushed them to fight with us. Within the time, we destroyed the defense team of the government.

Blood and bodies were everywhere as I let the team scatter to check on everything and let them disseminate towards other areas for backup. Mimi and I also checked within Seoul and none of the opposing team survived.

“You really are a veteran, Sejeong.” Mimi mumbled as she spat blood.

“You too.” I said to her. “You learned yourself?”

“I was a martial arts enthusiast. I have my mother to thank with for such a skill.” Mimi answered. “Anyways, let’s go back.”

I nodded when I saw a body rising behind Mimi, holding a gun. I made my move to cover her up as multiple bangs were heard as I felt multiple phases of pain.

It was all blurry as I saw Mimi grab my gun and shot the person. I also went limp as Mimi nudged me and carried me.

I could chuckle and scream of my predicament. It was my last, just as I predicted it.

.

I was a coward. I was incompetent to face what needs to be faced and settle what needs to be settled. If I can do such things in serious matters, why couldn’t I do it for love?

Hana…I’m sorry…

•••••

I was frozen, looking at the prototypes, especially at the copy. It made me loath them to bits as I pictured Sejeong.

It had been months since Sejeong became a part of the defense team with Mimi. Not only it was her commitment for the resistance but it was the key of escape from this love, from me. I tried moving on but I ended up like trying to do so.

I always see Sejeong and it teared me up knowing it wasn’t reality. A life without Sejeong is just terribly wrong. My love for her will always be the same and I wouldn’t want to run away from it.

A slam disrupted me. I saw Nayoung as she panted.

“What is it?” I asked.

“Head Shin. It’s Sejeong and Mimi.” Nayoung spoke.

“Why?” I reacted and got closer.

“They have defeated the main defense team of the government in Seoul. We’re winning.” Nayoung said. “But Sejeong’s been shot.”

+++

I rushed faster than Nayoung towards the healing unit, my heart sinking with every step I took and with every tear that I shed. We got inside as Haebin and a bloody Mimi work on a lifeless Sejeong…my lifeless love.

I could faint of what I’m seeing. Sejeong had multiple shots on her chest. I shivered but I had to take action and help them, even Nayoung joined in.

“Mimi.” I stopped her. “You need to take a break. Haebin, her. Nayoung, you have to help me.”

They obeyed and Nayoung and I managed to continue the procedure. I got rid of Sejeong’s bullets as Nayoung fixed vital tissues by those wounds. Sejeong struggled with her breathing, making my heart feel heavy as if I carried a ton on my shoulders. We did our all to focus until all procedures were completed and that Sejeong breathed steadily.

The beeps were relieving. Nayoung cleaned the place up and I got my attention to Sejeong.

“I’ll leave you two for a bit.” Nayoung spoke.

“Thank you.” I spoke back.

As Nayoung exited, I couldn’t contain myself any longer. Seeing her in this state felt like death. I reached to cup her cheeks and cried. “Sejeong-ah…it hurts, huh? Y-You’re in a lot of pain, right?”

There was no response. Just her breathing. I saw a tear drop on her face as I crouched and hug her tight.

“I shouldn’t have stopped​ persuading you not to go! Now your in harm because of me!” I sobbed. “What am I going to do now? I can’t go on again…not without you…”

I ended up placing a hand by her chest as I kissed her lips. I added a peck by the cheek and continued to cry. “Y-You need to be alive no matter what…o-okay?”

My hands shivered holding Sejeong close as I got up to hold her hand tenderly, not wanting to let go. “You did well. It’s okay now. Please…” I grabbed her hand and kissed it. “…live for me as much I lived for you.” I huffed and completely lost it. “I love you…I love you so much, Sejeong-ah…”

I sniffled and wiped my tears off. I had to go and rest by my quarters but I got a chair and stayed with Sejeong until such time she wakes up.

I became hopeful and prayerful that she’ll be okay.

•••••

You did well…it’s okay…

I was seeing visions of Hana and I, from the moments of long ago until a memory of me on a hospital bed as she cried for me.

“Hana…” I huffed as I was awake.

I looked around, seeing myself inside the healing unit and froze as Hana was on my left, sleeping, her hand holding mine. I gulped and spoke. “Ggyu?”

Yes.

Ggyu was the name of the computer inside the healing unit, appearing as a cat on the screen.

“You record any event happening here, right?” I asked and it gave the same response. “Do you have footage of yesterday…the time Hana came inside?”

Yes. Shall I show you?

“Okay…” I huffed. “…please show me.”

A screen popped out and I witnessed everything.

I was in the bed all bloody as Haebin and Mimi were on my sides, doing all they can to retrieve my consciousness. Hana came inside and she and Nayoung decides to do the rest of the procedures. I saw myself struggling but Hana didn’t give up on me just to heal me.

They succeeded and Hana and I were left inside. Her cries and pleads made me weak as I stained the pillows with my tears.

Sejeong-ah…it hurts, huh? Y-You’re in a lot of pain, right?

“Hana…” I was lost for words.

What am I going to do now? I can’t go on again…not without you…

I was sobbing silently. Looking down towards a sleeping Hana, I hated myself for driving her away.

Y-You need to be alive no matter what…o-okay? You did well. It’s okay now.

“Hana…Hana…” I sniffled.

I love you…I love you so much, Sejeong-ah…

The screen was off and I couldn’t stop crying. Even if this ty life happened, Hana's love never changed. And as for me, I hid it pretty well.

I love Hana too. I always have.

I closed my eyes and held back, my tears flowing endlessly. I then felt release as hands wiped the tears off of my face. I sniffled as I slowly open them. I adjust my vision until Hana came into view.

“Hana…” I smiled as I felt her hands on my face.

She didn’t talk back but I felt being escalated. Now, I was sitting up as she hugged me.

“Why did you hurt yourself?! I told you I didn’t want you hurt, didn’t I?!” She batted as she hugged me. “I don’t have a prototype that looks like you! I only have one of you! I can’t​ lose you again!”

I didn’t become ignorant this time. I hugged her tighter, feeling happy that she was in my arms again.

•••••

It was another day of living. It was also another peaceful beginning for all of us. Seeing the people going back to their now clean and plague-free homes, I felt happy for all the hardwork done by the resistance.

The old government was replaced with a better line-up that have congratulated us for the success of saving the country against this plague. Not only that, we also cooperated with them towards the medical and military field as we were given support for future happenings.

In my case, leaving wouldn’t be an option anymore. I decided to stay and continue my work. And with my love by my side again, things have been wonderful.

I saw Sejeong still taking care of the prototypes, especially with the carbon copy. Seeing her growing a fond towards the copy made me jealous.

“Yah!” I batted as I pouted. “Throw that copy already! You have the real thing in front of you.”

She smiled and went closer. I huffed and hugged her tight.

“I finished gathering it’s data. I’m​ throwing it away later.” Sejeong said.

“No.” I cupped her cheeks. “Let’s throw it now.”

+++

With the facility cleaned off towards a new one, the old stuff we’re gathered in one big pile. Nayoung, Haebin, and Mimi prepared the matches and gasoline. I was with Sejeong as she carried the carbon copy, throwing in onto the pile.

“You throwing this?” Nayoung gasped. “I could make a robot for this.”

“You can make one from other scraps, Nayoung.” I mumbled. “The thing has to go.”

“Please. You’re just jealous.” Mimi cackled.

I could kick Mimi's and put her on the bonfire with the stuff when Sejeong calmed me with a peck on the cheek. I pouted and kissed her back.

“Ew. Get a room.” Nayoung sighed.

“It’s cute.” Mimi said as she and Haebin hugged each other.

“You two as well.” Nayoung pointed at them.

Nayoung volunteered to pour gasoline on the pile as she got her lighter. She lit up a fire on a piece of paper and tossed it, setting the big pile onto a massive bonfire.

“Something smells delicious.” Soyee came with…

“You and Sally?” I chuckled.

“Ne.” Soyee said as she and Sally held hands.

We watched the fire as it burned off of our old memories of the error during the plague. Now, we relive onto new memories and of our old love. The two couples kissed. I cupped Sejeong’s face and did the same.

“I love you.” I spoke.

“I love you too.” Sejeong smiled.

I kiss her again and the last thing I heard was Nayoung yelling at us to get a room.

===

Here's a dose of HaSe. I hope you guys like it.