Ignorance (Hana • Nayoung)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Ignorance

Characters: Shin Bora, Kim Nayoung

Requested by: lmw217

===

It was a wonderful morning here in the Gugudan dorm, well, almost, due to the fact that Hyeyeon was talking to stuffed sheep. I mean, why does she even have stuffed sheep? She's afraid of the goddamn animal.

I open the curtains and the maknae hissed like a vampire. I shrugged of that and stretched when I saw Nayoung, greeting the maknae with a kiss all while Haebin and Mimi got out too. I noticed the decent looks of the three and stopped in front of Nayoung.

"Kim Nayoung~ good morning~" I grinned.

"Good morning, unnie." She greeted back.

"What's with the get-up?" I asked.

"Mimi-unnie, Haebin, and I are going to the market to buy some fish then to bakery to buy cakes for the kids." Nayoung said as Hyeyeon cheered then got back to talking with the stuffed sheep.

"Okay." I smiled. "Buy me my favorite."

"Huh? What favorite?" She asked.

Is she serious? She can't ignore me like this again. "You know...my favorite meat and cake?"

"Hana-unnie, I'm a woman of my memory but I don't recall you telling me of your favorite meat and cake. We'll buy that next time."

"But-"

"I remember nothing!!" Nayoung yelled like a Spartan as Haebin and Mimi joined her antics.

They left the dorm. I sighed in disbelief as Hyeyeon looked innocently at me.

"Hyeyeon, why does Nayoung barely notice me? Hello? I'm Hana! Number one! The leader!!" I ranted.

Hyeyeon didn't answer and continued to talk to her stuffed sheep. Jeez, this kid's useless. Lucky her, Nayoung's got her full attention, together with Sally and Mina.

I wonder...when will she ever notice me?

•••••

This day turned out to be long and a very tiring one. After buying cakes and fishes, the members requested a lot of things to buy. Mimi-unnie grew tired so Haebin and I got to run the errands, especially the errands of the maknae line.

When we got home this evening, we got the stuff in the cupboards and drawers and Haebin and I got hugs and kisses from the members of our good work. I'm only seeing seven.

Wait a minute. Where's Hana-unnie?

Hana-unnie came into view as Haebin went ahead to shower. 

"We're home, unnie~" I grinned.

"So, did it went well?" She asked. "The errands?"

I sensed an angry voice but I guess it was just me. Nonetheless, I nodded. "It took a while, unnie. But Haebin and I got home and that's what matters." 

I spread my arms in front of her. She just crossed her arms. I pouted. "Don't I get a hug?"

Hana-unnie didn't move. The next thing I know, she grabbed Hyeyeon's stuffed sheep and slapped me with it. I gasped.

"What the , unnie?! What the heck is wrong with you?!" I yelped. "Have you been eating crazy ?" 

"Unnie." Hyeyeon called. "You've been unnoticing Hana-unnie for the past week."

"What?" I scratched my head. "When did I do that?"

"When you rode the van, you almost left Hana at the park." Mimi spoke.

"When you gave us cakes, you didn't include Hana-unnie. That's why she went home early to eat because you forgot to give her some." Sejeong added.

"Also, you mistaken her for a girl by the subway." Soyee added.

"And you didn't notice her effort in making a kissy face at you during your birthday," said Sally.

"You even forgot her birthday before." Haebin added.

"And one more thing." Mina smirked. "You forgot her favorite meat and cake: pork cutlet and tiramisu."

It hit me. I gulped as I faced Hana-unnie. How could I forget?

"Sorry...I forgot..." I said, scratching my head.

"I ask for even one second of your time, Nayoung. But you don't notice me." She spat, pointing a finger at me.

"I know...I-"

"Because you care for the members and not your leader." She harrumphed.

"That's not true, unnie. I care for you as much as everybody in Gugudan!" I defended.

"Well, if you do, why don't​ you just love them then?!" Hana-unnie points at the rest of the members.

They wooed, all while Mina and Sally ate popcorn, as if this was a sitcom or something.

"Nah, I don't like Nayoung-unnie. She's a dickhead sometimes." Soyee joked.

"Real funny, you giant statue!" I yelled at her.

"Well, I hope you're happy with your actions, Kim Nayoung. es, I'm out!" Hana-unnie stormed out towards her room.

I sighed and stormed towards the door, knocking the door. "Hana-unnie? Leadernim? Oh, the great Shin Bora?"

She didn't respond. I sighed and knocked the door again. She opened it but tossed me my pajamas and my toothbrush. 

"Sally! Switch with Nayoung! That's an order from your leader!!" Hana-unnie yelled. "And everyone, time for bed!!"

Everyone obeyed. Mimi and Sally got in. Haebin, Sejeong, and Soyee got in theirs while I went with the maknaes in the other room.

After taking care of myself and some storytime for the maknaes, I got to sleep in Sally's bed. 

"Night, Nayoung-unnie." Mina and Hyeyeon said.

"Night, dweebs." I said.

I slept but I felt a lump by Sally's pillow. I sat up and wondered what was under the pillow when I saw a stuffed Mushu. "Mina, Hyeyeon. Why is there a stuffed toy under Sally's pillow?"

"Because ours have marshmallows." Mina said as she and Hyeyeon got a pack.

What the is wrong with my precious maknaes? Nonetheless, I told them that we'd have a marshmallow feast and they nodded. We laid by the floor, looking at the ceiling as the three of us ate marshmallows.

"Unnie, are you staying here forever?" Hyeyeon asked. "Because we need to talk some bathroom rules."

"Heck if I talk about that. I'm older than you two." I batted.

"Anyways, why did you forget Hana-unnie? Why is she mad?" Mina asked.

"That's the thing about being old. Well, Mimi-unnie's an exception but Leadernim is a bit grumpy sometimes, even her expectations are so high!" I huffed.

"But that's Hana-unnie. She's number one and our leader after all," said Hyeyeon.

"She's just old. I'm expectant myself. You'll get there, kids." I pat their heads. "And I expect Hana-unnie will be better in the morning."

Mina and Hyeyeon nodded and the three of us went back to bed. As Mina snored and Hyeyeon cuddled onto her stuffed sheep, I dozed to dreamland, hoping for another day.

•••••

Morning came again and boy, was I happy. I got up and got to the dining area, seeing Gugudan enjoying a breakfast Haebin usually cooks us with. I went to greet everyone, one by one, even kissing the heads of my precious maknae line. They greet me back happily.

"Good morning, Leadernim." Nayoung grinned.

Wait. There's still her. But no. I'm still upset with her so I'm ignoring it.

"You're right, unnie. Leadernim is better this morning." Mina cheered.

I sighed and ate with the rest of the members. 

Later on, we chilled. Today was a rest day so all of us did our usual stuff. I got a good book to read, Haebin and Mimi were baking cakes in the kitchen, Soyee and Sejeong were playing with the XBox, Sally was doing Chinese calligraphy, and Mina and Hyeyeon were playing with stuffed toys like cute kids.

"Unnie?" I felt a poke.

It was none other than the motherer Kim Nayoung.

"I got some puzzles here. Want to play with me, unnie?" She asked.

I didn't pay attention. I flipped another page and continued reading.

"Okay. I'll play alone then." She mumbled and I feel her off of the couch.

I heard Mina and Nayoung cussing. 

"Unnie, play with me." Mina spoke as she showed the puzzle box. 

"Okay~" I nodded and we played, even I let Hyeyeon and Sally join.

"Nayoung, why don't you just help us here?" Mimi said.

Nayoung sighed sadly and went to the kitchen. I shrugged it off and played with the maknae line.

Sure it was sad to ignore Nayoung but she deserved it. I just hope she realizes that soon.

•••••

"Aigoo... Nayoung's like a beanbag, all droopy and sad." Mimi-unnie sighed.

"That what she gets for not noticing Leadernim." Haebin whispered.

"I heard that!" I yelped as I sniffled while I was mixing the batter. "Where is she anyway?"

"She went with Sejeong to buy groceries." Haebin said.

I cried again. Haebin escorted me back to the couch so that I relieve myself from all this . 

"You got into some deep with Leadernim." Haebin said. "It's weird, Nayoung. Of all the members, you cared for her the most. What's with the ignorance?"

"Well..." I began. "Remember that one time I rode the van and I almost left Hana-unnie?" I asked and Haebin nodded. "Hana-unnie wanted some shrimp but I told her she's allergic. She got spoiled and got mad. I got mad too and I forced us to leave early. Good thing you reminded me that we left Hana-unnie behind."

"Oh...that's why..." Haebin said. 

"Speaking of which, does Sejeong know Hana's allergic to shrimp?" I asked.

"It's the first time I know that, how much more the Ahjusshi?" Haebin batted.

I grew worried. I excused myself from Haebin and Mimi-unnie and went to get a taxi to the grocery store.

That Ahjusshi better not spoil her and I hope Hana doesn't react with her allergies.

•••••

Sejeong and I had a wonderful time in the grocery store. Sejeong and I had similarities in choosing produce and treats for us, especially for the kids, so our trip in every aisle was quick and easy.

Our last stop was at the meats section. I wowed of the varieties of meats. They even got my favorite.

"Sejeongie, let's buy pork cutlet." I said.

"Okay. Since we had fish, I shall get the shrimp." Sejeong got a packet of it.

It hit me. I remember one time Nayoung and I went to groceries and that one time she almost left me when she rode that van.

She was worried sick when it comes to me and shrimp​. I never thought I had allergies with the said seafood. She knew it when I ate buttered shrimp and she noticed my face and hands looking red and swollen. With that, she took me to the clinic. And when I was relieved from my allergies, she scolded me, to think I'm the leader and I'm older.

But to think of it, that's how Nayoung worries. She just cares for us members like a Daddy, almost she and Haebin are like divorced parents. She cares, especially towards the kids...and even to me.

Maybe I was just irrational of being mad at her for not noticing me. She can be oblivious sometimes but she means well. She really does.

Maybe I can forgive her for that.

"Okay." I nodded. "Put that in here."

"You're not putting that!" Sejeong and I looked to the source of that voice. "Nayoung?!" Sejeong and I gasped. 

"Put the packet of shrimp back." She said as she ran towards us, panting.

"But shrimp's delicious, Nayoung-unnie​." Sejeong said.

"Hana-unnie can't eat shrimp. She's allergic." Nayoung said. "Well, you can have this if you really want some shrimp." She grabbed a smaller packet.

Sejeong could only nod and push the cart. Nayoung and I just followed. While walking, I couldn't help but adore this tall knight in no shining armor. Maybe I should forgive her.

"You just came here for that?" I asked.

"Yes. I worry, unnie." Nayoung said. "About the ignorance thing, I'm sorry. I didn't know but I should've​ been observant. I made that mistake and I'm so sorry."

I didn't say anything but held her hand adoringly. I even leaned my head on her shoulders, adding a kiss on her cheek. I saw the little blush tinting Nayoung's cheeks and I giggled because​ she looked cute.

"You're forgiven." I said.

"Okay, enough of that moment of repentance and help me pay this." Sejeong batted. "Nayoung-unnie, you pay!"

Nayoung sighed and got her debit card, giving it to Sejeong. "You owe me."

I giggled of her. And it would be so much better if we finally get home.

•••••

"Sally! Soyee! Help me with this!" Sejeong yelled. "Because I can't deal the couple by my back!"

"Shut it, Sejeong." I hissed.

"I see you two are getting along." Mimi-unnie grinned. "This calls for a celebration."

"You three need to sit down. Dinner's ready." Haebin said.

"Have you been cooking the whole day?" Hana-unnie asked as we sat next to each other. "The electricity bill better not increase!"

"Of course not!" Haebin spat. "Kids, grab your , we're having dinner!!!"

The maknae line raced towards the table. The '96 liners sat too and the cooks got to theirs as they served the food.

"Okay. Thanks for the meal!!" Hana-unnie said and we joined too.

All of us ate and boy, were Mimi-unnie and Haebin good cooks. The food was delicious. I served some for everyone...

...and I didn't forget Hana-unnie this time...

===

This is the third! Hope you liked it, though.

Next is my OTP that I could praise and thank the reader for the request. It's the giant statue Soyee and her goddess Xieningsus...

Stay tuned!