Vocem (Sejeong • Haebin)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Vocem

Characters: Kim Sejeong, Han Haebin

Requested by: hailqueens

===

The state of Magna Voce was a place of voices. Everyone knew how to speak properly, how to play an instrument and knew how to sing. Anyone who couldn't muster to practice one's voice would be banished and dubbed as inappropriate beings. They say people in the city must know how to muster their voices properly. They say it's part of aesthetic beauty and discipline. It's a reason why people living in the city were forced to learn music and languages.

With the state came terms for many classifications like positions. Modus were people who were main vocalists, Lotus as lead vocalists, and Sonus who were sub-vocalists. These vocalists are classified into Iacios who were fast speakers and Jacios for slow speakers. People were also classified according to the qualities of their voices. People who have the Vox voice sound husky, manly, and deep whereas people with the Uox voice sound feminine, dynamic, and loud. We live in the city or Profero and Subfragium wad the district of the lowly ones whereas Suffragium was a place for the nobles.

I'm Kim Sejeong, a Modus and a Jacio with a Vox voice living in Subfragium. My mother said we were poor yet we were blessed to know how to sing and play instruments basically. I was utterly thankful for that but looking at the town by my room inside our towering hut while holding my harp, I shook my head in disapporoval.

Why is there a need to classify us? Isn't it wrong to mix with the rest to create new forms of music and new forms of speech? Why should there be rivalry when we can just unite?

"Sejeong." My mother called.

I looked at my mother and she quivered in fear. I asked what's wrong. 

"The royal guards from Suffragium are here." She said.

I sighed and went down and saw them. Not only that, the council of Profero came with them.

"Citizens of Subfragium, I have come as a call from the Queen of Profero. The Northern border has been caught to have seen enemies from Proloquor."

Proloquor was the neighboring city of Profero. It was the main enemy of this city as they use the power of their voices in the wrong ways through lying and bad music.

"By the Queen's order, people with the following qualities must serve in our pursuit in the enemy premises." He spoke. "We need people who are Modus, Jacio, and with a Vox voice."

My mom cried and hugged me tight, not wanting me to be sent off to the pursuit. Any pursuit towards enemy premises is risky. It's the reason why my father never came back.

He was like me, a Modus, a Jacio, and with a Vox voice. He was sent to a pursuit within enemy premises but when we got the news, he turned out as a slave there and got killed for liberating himself against their will.

My mother fears that it will happen to me. That's why she doesn't want me to be sent off.

"Kim Sejeong." My name was called. "Step out!"

I faced my mother and she cried so hard. I comfort her. "Mother... I'll be okay. Maybe it was destined for me to be like Father."

And besides, I cannot be against it. Anyone who also disobeys will be banished. I don't want that to happen to us, to her. I let go and followed the council, all while I was with the rest of the people of Subfragium who were like me.

I couldn't believe I was relaxed. What I dragged myself into was risky and I had to leave my only family behind. But one thing that I'm begging was that I hope to make it back alive.

•••••

"Stop. What are you doing? What did I tell you before? You must work through the pauses."

I sighed, facing my vocal instructor. She was sighing sadly. "Do you know how your mother would think of her Princess if she doesn't get her song right?"

I was silenced. I could only nod.

"That'll be all for today. The Empress has called."

She left my room and I sighed. I slumped on my bed, my eyes hurting of what was to see around the four corners of my room.

I'm Han Haebin, the daughter of the Empress and Queen of Proloquor. I was a Modus, an Iacio, and with a Uox voice. Lately, I've been practicing for an important recital yet I couldn't master it. I fail every time and I was worried. I don't want to disappoint them, especially the Empress. 

"Lady Han, there's something going on." The maid came in as she said that.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Slaves from the Western border have arrived."

I had a grin as I followed her towards the Queen's sector. I greeted her and she has addressed me to take care of the matter. I nodded and got to meet the council of Proloquor.

"Lady Han." He bowed then spoke. "Bow down to the future Queen of Proloquor, you slaves!!"

Guards came in and forced them to do so. I loved the feeling of watching such lowly people suffer. Who knew being in power was very ecstatic?

"You!" A guard yelled at a particular slave. 

I looked at him and he was beating a woman. I raised en eyebrow, going towards him and stopped him from blowing another hit towards her. 

"My Lady!" He bowed instantly.

"Council." I called. "Send the rest of these slaves towards their specific stations..." I poked a fan towards the slave woman. "...as for her, get her cleaned up and bring her to me."

The officials obeyed and did their work. I could only watch the slave being sent away. 

"My Lady..." My maid spoke. "...I apologize for being tacky but...why did you spare that slave?"

"Simple." I answered. "She'll be MY personal slave. I'll be the one to bring her down if necessary."

•••••

This was all too unusual. Here I thought I was going to suffer like the rest of my fellowmen yet here I am, dressed with decent clothes, almost like a noble. Some maid was fixing me up and I asked her. "What am I doing here?"

"Hmmm...for a slave, you have a nice voice." The maid raised her glare at me. "How odd."

"Why?" I was diverted.

"Slaves are inappropriate beings banished from different lands within Magna Voce and usually settle in the Western border." The maid said. "But with a voice from a slave like you, how did you get banished?"

"Disobedience." I answered.

"Makes sense." She said and motioned me to follow her.

I didn't know what to do so I had to obey. I asked her a couple of times and she would answer.

"You'll be a slave to the Princess of Proloquor. I warn you. She's a stone cold person so watch out for your actions." She lastly spoke as she knocked at a mahogany door. 

The doors opened and I was shocked. The place looked like heaven. It was all like in the fantasy books my mother used to read to me. I never thought it was real. I then heard singing. It was as heavenly as the setting, making me wonder to why Proloquor was dubbed to have bad music and ?

"Who goes there?"

"My Lady, I have come with the slave you've chosen." The maid said again.

A woman approached us, having nobility plastered onto her whole being. I could've gulped while I was perplexed like hello? She's the Princess so how could she picture herself and her kingdom as an enemy towards us?

Or maybe I am just biased because she looked pretty...

"Go." Lady Han spoke.

The maid was out of sight and I was left with her. I coughed and bowed at her. "My Lady."

*slap*

"How dare talk to me? As a slave, I instruct you to leave and start work until I say so!" She yelled.

I didn't say anything else and left. The sting on my face was still there. I thought the princess was deranged.

But it's all part of a plan and I will not let myself fail or die in the hands of this place.

•••••

I huffed as I woke up one morning, all restless. The recent practices done a few days earlier came back in my thoughts, depicting my mistakes and rants from my instructor. I add a palm by my head and I sighed.

The enemy would see us as users of bad music and bad speech but that's part of the custom. The Queen wanted to change that and is negotiating towards the Empress about it. The Queen saw something within my voice so I decided to perfect it to gain credibility much more noble that this.

But why do I always fail? 

"Haebin-ah..." I gulped as the Queen was in front of me.

I bowed. "What brings you here, Mother?"

"You've been stressed." She said. "I have surveyed the slaves from the Western border and one of them is playing the harp. Maybe music can help you ease yourself of your stress."

I nodded and decided to try. The Queen called for someone and I gasped, seeing the slave I spared from yesterday.

"I've heard you spared her for some reason but she can actually play the harp." The Queen said as she faced that slave. "May you accompany my daughter onto this endeavor, dear."

She nodded and bowed. The Queen leaves and I sighed, turning myself away from that slave, all because I spared her then slapped her out of the blue. How stupid of me.

And then she starts playing. Well, she's good. But then, I hear her sing. Her voice was husky yet soothing. I gulped and somehow, all my pain and worries were gone. I let myself be carried onto this melody that I almost brought myself to tears. She ended it and yes, I was at peace.

But as the Princess, I express them only to myself. Nonetheless, I plastered a little smile as I faced her. "Slave...what is your name?"

"I am Kim Sejeong, my Lady." She answered.

I heard her speak of me before, just before I gave that slap. But hearing her speak longer made me wonder of this woman.

"From this moment on, you will be my slave. You cannot serve anyone else but me. And your only task is to play and sing for me. Is that clear?"

"Yes, my Lady." Sejeong bowed.

She plays another song and I let myself calm down throughout the day.

•••••

Although I'm the Princess' slave, I was still technically a slave. We may have divisions but we rest in one crammy place. I may also have joined with the rest of my fellow people from the pursuit yet I got close with slaves themselves. But one person I really got close with was Yoo Yeunjung.

"How's the service going?" I asked her.

"Hmmm...ty sometimes but I can get through it." Yeunjung said. "Also, there's something up."

"What?" I whispered.

"War from the Northern border. Enemies are coming here in Proloquor." Yeunjung said.

"And they're defenseless, huh?" I asked and she nodded.

"Kim Sejeong!" We all heard from the council. "Lady Han wants you summoned at her side, now!"

I sighed and followed him. I got to the bedroom and Lady Han had gone stressed again. I cussed. I didn't bring my harp. I had no choice but to sing.

I didn't know what I was doing but seeing the princess calm down, I was relieved. I continued to sing until she was perfectly calm. 

"Sejeong." She called.

"Yes, My Lady?" I asked.

"Be lucky that you're singing was fine. But the next time I call you here, bring your harp." She said.

"Yes." I bowed. "My Lady...may I ask something?" I spoke.

"What is it?" She asked.

"Is it true that enemies have come here from the Northern border?" I asked again.

"You better calm me after I tell you. Say a word to another of what I'm about to say and I'll kill you right here." She spoke coldly, making me gulp. "Yes. Enemies came here. The Empress and the Queen are taking matters onto their own hands. As Princess, I wasn't authorized to involve. And from what the Queen told me, we're outnumbered."

"From what I've heard, the Northern border has one weakness that if you kill-"

"-kill their strongest soldier, the whole fleet will fall down, I know." She spat. "But even a fleet can't defeat that certain soldier."

"Lady Han..." I spoke again. "...with all due respect, I'd like to be sent to war against that soldier."

"Are you crazy?!" She batted. "Even if I, the Queen, and the Empress would be sent to fight them one on one, together with the fleet, we cannot defeat it."

"But we cannot let the walls of this place fall. You're a ruler who would never want that." I said.

"What do you know, slave?" She raised an eyebrow.

"I killed and fought against people to protect my family before. If I paved victory against little fights, then I'm paved victory against that soldier." I spoke.

My father did those before, serving through war and paved victory over our land for a peasant. I wanted to prove that to myself because I believe I'm just like my father.

"Leave." She spoke. "I will not hear such words from a slave."

I didn't have a choice and bowed, leaving.

•••••

I was practicing when I saw enemies breaking the walls of our place from afar. I was frustrated again. I huffed and called for the maid. "Call Sejeong!! Tell her to bring her harp!!"

She obeyed and I huffed. I wanted to help my parents but they wouldn't let me. I got to my bed, putting a hand on my head. 

"My Lady. Sejeong is here."

I faced her with a sad look as Sejeong sat closer and did her work. I was mesmerized of this slave. She had skills, she made me calm...and she was pretty beyond all that filth.

As she ended, I spoke and called for the maid again. "Get the Queen. I'll tell her that I will let this slave of mine to war."

She went off. I saw Sejeong shocked. I spoke again. "I won't consider the fact that I got your idea. I'm doing this for our place. You will be sent to war."

She gleamed and bowed. "I will not fail you, My Lady."

I kept a cold gesture towards her. I'm not letting feelings break down my walls. No way.

•••••

"What?! You too, Yeunjung?!"

"Yep. And just like you, no armor." Yeunjung said. 

My father went on expeditions and shared to me of his endeavors. He always fought with enemies from the Northern border and told me that they had their strongest soldier. He tried defeating it by hitting his head but he got weak and their fleet had to surrender.

But I'm trying my luck to defeat that soldier. And Yeunjung found out that weakness herself so she wanted to join. I guess Yeunjung volunteered herself. The two of us joined in the mess of a war, making way for ourselves as fellow soldiers fought other enemies one by one. Yeunjung and I got to the spot, facing the soldier, standing at a whopping 30 feet.

"Ha! Am I a dog that you'd send two girls with sticks?!" He points his dagger at Yeunjung and I. "Get off of this battlefield, kids. I don't intend to play games."

"You have spoken against a servant of Proloquor. Today, the two of us will remove your standing is this place." Yeunjung began.

"True." I added. "With that, the state of Magna Voce will know that Proloquor is a city like any other city within the state!"

The giant soldier didn't waste time and charged at us. Yeunjung and I got our sticks ready. I gave Yeunjung the go signal and she charged at him. Seeing that the giant's vision was set on Yeunjung, I got my slingshot and a sharp stone.

My father taught me this when I was young and used it as a defense mechanism for my mother and I. He also told me that this was one of the tactics he thought about that could finally defeat the said giant. I huffed and aimed the stone towards his head. 

I couldn't believe it, even Yeunjung. He was knocked out with one stone.

"Sejeong! Let's go!!"

With Yeunjung's yell, the two of us got our sticks and hit him multiple times. Yeunjung got the sword and killed him.

"Heads up!" Yeunjung grinned and tossed the sword to me.

With the enemy falling, it was a chance as the soldiers of Proloquor went to kill them. Yeunjung and I hi-fived and the people cheered as Proloquor paved a great victory.

•••••

Back at the palace, I sat on my throne as I was with my parents as they sat on their respective thrones, welcoming Sejeong and her fellow slave in front of us after their victory against the enemies.

"Yoo Yeunjung and Kim Sejeong, you have been fine slaves who have turned to servants in my palace." The Empress spoke. "Yeunjung, you have volunteered yourself despite the treacherous title of a slave. Sejeong, you have been a fine servant to the Princess, my daughter..." She added. "Today, I welcome you not as slaves...but as warriors."

"Yes, your Eminence." Sejeong and Yeunjung nodded.

"See, my Empress? Who knew our daughter picked the most decent of servants?" The Queen said, pointing at me.

Sejeong bowed again and I was giggling lightly. I was overwhelmed and so was my heart. But then, I could feel my heart harden.

Why would I melt my walls towards a slave like her?

Nonetheless, the servants were dismissed. I also got to talk to my parents about Sejeong being sent to wars to come. I made my decisions and got back to my room, calling the maid to let Sejeong come here again.

Later on, Sejeong arrived and got her harp. She still obeyed me, singing and playing to make myself at ease. She would end it and I would talk to her.

"Sejeong."

"Yes, my Lady?" She asked.

"After you go to war and win, come to me right away. Understand?"

"Yes, my Lady." Sejeong said.

I motioned her to leave and she did. As she closed the door, I sighed and had a hand on my chest.

Why is it like this? Why is my wall falling?

•••••

I never thought being sent in pursuit changed a lot of things for me. I was now Lady Han's favored servant and served Proloquor as a warrior. Yeunjung became my colleague and we joined forces to fight for Proloquor, gaining victory after victory.

We arrived at Proloquor from a war in the South and everyone cheered. Yeunjung and I waved lightly as we got to the palace. 

"Heol...is it me or Lady Han's looking at you lovingly?" Yeunjung whispered.

"Hm?" I shrugged.

"From what I heard, Lady Han never smiles. She's the stone cold Princess. I even heard gossip that she became happy when the slaves came here, when YOU became her servant." Yeunjung added.

"There isn't basis for that, Yeunjung." I chuckled and she shrugged.

Nonetheless, we went with the rites until Yeunjung and I had to join the feast. I thought I'd be sitting with Yeunjung but Lady Han instructed me to sit next to her.

The feast went well and mostly, we had formal talks. One topic came in and it made me shocked as the rest of us.

"Hmm... it's about time the Princess marries," said the Queen. "Sejeong here could be a wonderful partner."

The Empress had a shocked look. Lady Han had her eyes dilated.

"That will be a discussion some other time," said the Empress.

We all nodded. The feast ended later and I was called by Lady Han for the same errand. As I played, she wasn't feeling well. I grew worried that I stopped. "Lady Han."

She shook her head yet she grew weak. She collapsed but I caught her and tucked her to her bed. I called the maid and asked for some water and cloth. She nodded and gave them to me as I aided her. As she rested, I thanked the maid.

"Say...I haven't got your name." I spoke.

"Nayoung. Kim Nayoung." She spoke. "Lodus, Iacio, and with a Uox voice."

"I see. Nice to meet you." I said.

"I could thank you, Master Sejeong." She said.

"Why address me like that? I should be the one-"

"Because you are now a main servant to the royal family, especially to Lady Han. Just between us, you are higher in rank." Nayoung said. "And Lady Han had taken an interest in you."

"I see..." I nodded.

"By the way, Master Sejeong. I plan to talk you about something. It could be an advantage on the next war. I heard it from the people." Nayoung said. "Profero, the main enemy of Proloquor, would be our next enemy."

"Noted. I'll keep that in mind." I said.

Nayoung bowed and I left, going to a room. It wasn't the slaves' hall. Because of defeating the giant soldier and winning wars with Yeunjung, we were cut off our title as slaves but now as warriors for Proloquor. Now, we were almost like nobles.

Then again, I realize that I need to focus my task at hand. I came here in a pursuit. It pains me that I would have to betray Proloquor out of treason.

•••••

War between Proloquor and Profero was an anticipated battle of rivals. I was pacing around my room as I await for the soldiers to emerge victorious. I got to the door when my maid was already there.

"Forgive me, my Lady." She panted. "We have lost to Profero...and Master Sejeong has been abducted."

"What?!" I was triggered. "Call Master Yeunjung. I need to talk to her!"

I got to the throne room and Yeunjung was summoned. She had an injured arm but I let her face me. She bowed lightly and I asked. "Where's Sejeong?"

"Haebin!" I was stopped as the Empress got inside. "I told you that you don't have authority to discuss military matters. Let me talk to Yeunjung."

"What about Sejeong?" I spoke.

"I will resolve that. Go back to your room." The Empress said again.

I couldn't disobey. I walked away slowly and I grew anxious. 

I may be a woman who wouldn't want my walls to be broken but why? Why am I worried for Sejeong? Does she mean something to me?

"Yoo Yeunjung." I heard the Empress. "You will go and rescue Sejeong. But then...you need to eliminate her."

I froze. I gulped and eavesdropped, hiding by the walls.

"Your Eminence...what do you mean I have to eliminate Sejeong? With all due respect, I can't understand what you mean." Yeunjung spoke.

"She's a traitor, Yeunjung." The Empress said. "One of the workers found out of Sejeong's conspiracies to why she was sent here as a slave. Sejeong is not a slave. She's a pawn sent by Profero. She came here to destroy Proloquor."

"That's not true, your Eminence. Sejeong paved way towards Proloquor's image and victory. And if she was, eliminating her would feel like spilling an innocent woman's blood. What would the people think?" Yeunjung spoke.

"Hmmm...you do have a point. Also, you are her colleague and her friend. For now, just find her and don't eliminate her. I will be the one to decide that."

I sighed and I was confused. There's no way my servant Sejeong was an enemy. Yeunjung got out and I faced her. I led her to my room and I talked to her. "I heard the conversation, Yeunjung."

"L-Lady Han-"

"Either my paternal mother is out of her mind or Sejeong really is a traitor. If you manage to find her..." I spoke. "...let me talk to her first. Please..."

"Yes, my Lady. It shall be done." Yeunjung nodded.

•••••

I was tossed out of Profero. I huffed, putting my hand on my bloody side. It was retarted for Profero to kill their own people but it had to be done.

I did a good job that the paved victory of the first phase of Profero's plan to invade Proloquor earned me credentials towards my family. I was now a noble. My mother is now a noble and we now live in Suffragium.

But the task isn't done. I had to go with the flow as I saw Yeunjung running towards me.

*snap*

I woke up in a familiar bedroom. I looked to the side and felt a slap on my head. I hissed and froze to see Lady Han. 

"Don't move." She spoke. "I had my maid Nayoung to heal you. You're not moving away until I say so."

I froze and Lady Han looked down on me with a glare, as if I was a parasite on her bed. "Yeunjung found you and you were hurt."

"It's nothing, my Lady." I said.

"Don't get up." She pushed me down. "Your wound is still healing." 

"But this is your bed-"

"I'm the Princess. I do as I please." Lady Han spoke.

"Yes, my Lady-"

"Haebin." She spoke. "From now on, address me as Lady Haebin when it's just the two of us."

"Yes..." I spoke. "...Lady Haebin."

"Tell me." Lady Haebin spoke once more. "Tell me everything of Profero."

I gulped. I couldn't jeopardize the plan for her...

"The city of Profero is the main enemy of Proloquor. It has two districts, Suffragium and Subfragium." 

"Only the royal family of Proloquor knows those districts." Lady Haebin stares at me. "My paternal mother was right all along."

I gulped as Lady Haebin grabbed her dagger and aimed it at my chest when I stopped her. I winced of my wound but it must be done. I look at her and instead of an angry look, it was a sad one.

"How could you..." She hissed. "I trusted you..." She got mad. "How could my walls be broken by someone like you?!!"

Lady Haebin threw the dagger way and I froze as she hugged me. I could the pump on my chest, leading me to a reason why I could jeopardize Profero.

I was in love with the Princess...

A great knock made its way. It was the Empress. I huffed and let go of Lady Haebin, wearing my clothes. I had to get away from here. She could kill me.

"Sejeong..." Lady Haebin cried lightly. "...I don't care. Traitor or not, please...come back..."

•••••

Sejeong didn't say anything and left. I gulped and fixed her room and opened the door for the Empress.

"What took you so long to open the doors?" She asked.

"I was getting ready for bed." I said. "Any news on Sejeong?"

"Yeunjung hasn't returned. There's no confirmation that she found Sejeong." The Empress said. "I apologize for the disturbance. We shall talk about it in the morning."

The Empress left my room. I sighed in relief. I found something on the floor and held it to my chest as I slept, nuzzling on the pillows.

The bed smelt of Sejeong and the thing I hugged close to my chest was her harp.

I was a Princess who never lets my walls be broken down. But somehow, I was thankful Sejeong continued trying to break them and let me fall onto her...

•••••

I went out, leaving Profero and Proloquor, especially leaving my life and service towards Lady Haebin. For me, going on different sides is risky and is a milestone away from my pure objective. For me, this whole pursuit isn't just for domination of my city. It must be for peace and unity. With that, I had to escape onto the Western border, far from the two cities.

Along the way, I met a woman named Ji Suyeon. She was a Modus, a Jacio like me, and has a Uox voice like Lady Haebin. She offered me food and weapons and shared her story of being banished. She also craved for peace and unity and decided to join forces with me.

Other forces joined in. Lee Jooeun, Baek Yebin, and Heo Sooyeon were one group. Whereas Jung Eunwoo, Bae Sungyeon, and Kim Yewon were the young ones who were almost abandoned to death. I gathered them as we had one objective in mind and made ourselves a divergent group.

Our group lasted mere months in the wilderness yet we helped each other. I became their leader although I wanted Sooyeon to do it since she was the eldest. Nonetheless, they all had their decisions and they were really obedient.

Now on this day, it was already dark and all of us gathered when Eunwoo came back from an expedition I asked.

"God Sejeong, there's been trouble in Proloquor." Eunwoo huffed. "Yoo Yeunjung got in trouble, almost gotten killed by the Empress."

"What?! Where is she now?" I asked.

"I heard that she was given a last chance to find you and to bring you back and execute you." Eunwoo spoke.

"Boss...shouldn't we move farther?" Yewon suggested. "It could cost less of our lives, especially yours."

"The young one has a point," said Sooyeon. 

I thought it was a better idea. But travelling at dark could cost us our survival. "We'll leave in the morning."

We all agreed until we heard footsteps. Sooyeon and I checked outside and saw a swarm of people heading towards us. I hissed. "Get the others to safety."

"What about you?" Sooyeon asked.

"I'll take care of it." I assured her.

Sooyeon nodded and got in. The cave we stayed had a tunnel far from sight. I huffed and heard my team walking away. I got myself ready when I realized that the person was familiar. 

"Sejeong!"

"Yeunjung!" I spoke as we shared our hugs.

I looked to see two other women behind her and they bowed at me. "New slaves whom I've been close with, Soobin and Dawon."

"You're sent here to get me, right?"

"Yes and no, Master Sejeong," said Dawon. "We were actually sent by Lady Han."

"What does Lady Han have to do with this?" I asked.

"The Empress' army are coming here to kill you. Lady Han is coming with her...but she swore not to get yourself killed." Yeunjung spoke as she gave me something. "It's your harp. Lady Han said to meet you by the entrance of the Western Border. Now."

Another wave of enemies were coming. Yeunjung sighed. "I see you've gained new troops. I will protect them. Dawon and Soobin, you need to lead the Empress somewhere else to distract her."

They both nodded and got back. Yeunjung went inside the cave. I got my horse and rode towards the entrance of the Western border. I hid and waited until I heard another galloping sound. I got out of my hiding spot and became alert. I got out, seeing the mysterious person getting rid of her hood.

•••••

"Lady Haebin..."

I could quiver as I finally found Sejeong after she was gone for months. I wanted to get close to her, to hug her and tell her that I miss her and of my pure feelings towards her.

"Why have you come here, Lady Haebin?" Sejeong asked me. "Are you going to capture me? To kill me?"

"No." I spoke with my cold voice. " I want to see you again."

"You would've been hurt, knowing that your servant was a pawn of the enemy. You would sought to kill me." She said again.

"No. I would never." I said, tears rolling down my eyes. "Because I could never kill the person who's been obeying me and who's doing her duty as MY servant."

Sejeong was speechless. I went closer to her, face to face. "I was never a person who would break my walls. But why, Sejeong?" I reached a hand. "Why did you have to be the first to break it?" 

My hand got to her face. Sejeong was still frozen as I caressed it. I heard noises and I let go, seeing that the Empress is here again. I huffed and put a hand on her chest. "Go."

Sejeong shook her hand. "I'm not leaving you now."

"As your Princess, I tell you to go." I spat.

Sejeong didn't say anything and rode her horse away. I got onto mine, riding towards my paternal mother and I led her somewhere. 

At the back of my mind, I hoped Sejeong will be okay.

•••••

Later in the morning, I got to the cave and I sighed in relief that all of them were at one piece. We camped inside the cave again on that evening and when another morning came, I saw Suyeon panting.

"God Sejeong, a message from Master Yoo." She said.

I huffed and opened it. I gasped, letting the scroll fall. "No...the Queen of Proloquor is dead?!"

"Master Yoo came here yet she had to go back. You have to read everything, God Sejeong."

I nodded and picked the scroll up again.

Sejeong,

I have come to tell you that the Queen of Proloquor died of an assassination. It turns out while the Empress and Lady Han searched for you, an incident happened. When we returned to Proloquor, the Queen was seen floating by a river, dead, her blood pooling onto the river. 

The Empress was enraged and conducted investigation on all lowly servants. A massive killing has happened, wiping out all slaves, old and new. The culprit was found...and it turned out that he confessed to be another pawn from Profero, your fellow person. With that, the Empress is framing you as an accomplice.

She will look for you again and will kill you. For Lady Han, she had gotten angry. She won't spare you this time. She WILL kill you. That's why you and your group need to go.

I'm proctecting you because I know you'd never do such a thing. You strive for justice, peace, and unity. You wanted to unify Magna Voce, that voices should not be classified and must be united for understanding and betterment of the uses of our voices. 

Yeunjung

"We have to move again?" Sungyeon asked.

"Yes." I said. "Let's move."

•••••

The Empress has declared war on Profero and we made our assault. With the death of my mother, desperate times call for desperate measures. I wouldn't believe that Sejeong is an accomplice. She would never do anything like that. But why am I clinging to the fact that she was an accomplice? 

Am I closing and freezing my walls again?

*snap*

"It's an ambush!!" I yelled.

Enemies from Profero have emerged out of nowhere and we had ourselves of a fight with them. The Empress led all of us, even I had gone mad that I almost got to a killing spree. 

But it was going down. We chased them onto rocky areas and it was a disadvantage as more of them came in. Our soldiers were getting murdered one by one and the decent fighters had gone weak. I defeated one soldier yet another one was aiming at me. I wouldn't be able to dodge it on time...

*snap*

I gasped at the soldier died. Another emerged and slashed another enemy from the top. I wondered as we were compressed. Yeunjung, Dawon, and Soobin even joined in and circled with these mysterious fighters. But then, seeing the one protecting me made my heart pound.

"Kim Sejeong." The Queen of Profero spoke. "Stand aside."

"Your Majesty, this has to stop." Sejeong spoke.

"Haebin!" The Empress yelled. "Kill her!"

I huffed and got my sword. I could just kill her right there...

*clank*

"I can't..." I huffed. "...not Sejeong..."

"Even if the said Princess is trying to protect you out of love, she's still the enemy." The Queen spoke. "Kill her."

"I didn't come here to kill, Your Majesty. I came here to talk for unity." Sejeong said. "Profero and Proloquor, the two most powerful cities in Magna Voce. Proloquor is seen is a threat to all cities but they're trying to adapt and change, using their voices for good."

"Even if that's the case, they're still our enemy." The Queen spoke.

"But it doesn't have to be thay way." Sejeong said. "We can be allies. We can be one city. We can combine our knowledge, our talents, our voices to create new techniques, seek new discoveries, even to form new allegiances towards other cities. Why do we even bother to fight on wars and destroy lives with our harsh words when we can use our gifts to unify ourselves?"

"But they-"

"They what, Your Highness?" Sejeong batted again. "Look at all of us. Look at yourself. What differences do you see?"

Sejeong would've logically said nonsense but I understood her point. I looked at the Empress and she froze. She looked up the sky and smiled. "The slave has a point, Queen of Profero. Why do we have to fight wherein we can just become allies?"

"Why would I want to become allies with people who use voices for bad?" He spoke.

"I'm changing. My late wife would've wanted it, even my daughter." The Empress spoke.

The King was empathizing bit by bit when Sejeong blocked an arrow that could've killed the Queen.

"It's from the Northern border again." Suyeon whimpered.

"Get them!" The Empress and Queen spoke.

•••••

They were bandits from the Northern border. I guess they were planning to kill the Queen and the Empress. I was fighting with the rest of the team as Lady Haebin wentnto comfort the Empress. I was shocked as a familiar cloth was on the bandit's head.

It was from the Queen of Proloquor. 

"Murderers!" The Empress yelled as she went on a killing spree. 

I joined her and it turned out that Proloquor and Profero joined forces against these bandits. The events went on too quick but to the least, there are no more feuds between the two cities.

And that my Sejeong was always in the right direction...

"Sejeong!" I grew worried as she got hit on her face. "I got your back!"

I protected Sejeong from another blow and we continued to fight. Sejeong commanded the wesker ones to escape as we hold them off. I was close to having my momentum going when someone knocked me off of my horse. I fell to the ground.

Two bandits grabbed me and I was trapped. They were too strong and I felt my hand hurt as they were grabbing onto my bracelet. I maneuvered myself but I got hit on the shoulder, causing me to wince. "Help! Sejeong!!"

A punch landed on its way to one of the guy's face and Sejeong came to the rescue, together with Yeunjung and the others. But then, they had gone too many and they were getting weak. I join them but they kept increasing in number. I got punched on the face, almost blacking out.

No... Sejeong... Sejeong, help!

•••••

"Ahh! Help!! No!!"

I landed a punch on a guy as I heard the scream, making my gaze snap to the side. "Lady Haebin!!"

"Sejeong!!!"

"We'll hold them off!" Yeunjung yelled.

I went after that bastard, leading towards a hanging bridge. Haebin kept yelling for help and I was eager to get to her and save her. I tackled the guy and got Haebin off of her grasp. I huffed and helped Haebin up when she hugged me, sobbing hard.

"It's okay... I'm here..." I huffed.

I help her get up when we got wobbly. The right rope on one side of the bridge snapped.The bandit on the other side cuts the left rope and we ended up falling until Haebin got a hold on some rope and held my arm with the other.

It was risky. A single move could risk our lives and a snap of the rope will meet us in our doom. We huffed and the rope snapped on one end, causing us to delv lower. The rope was about to snap completely. I gulped. This can't be it.

"S-Sejeong-ah...hold on." Lady Haebin quivered.

"It won't hold us both." I hissed.

"No! It will! It will, Sejeong-ah..." Haebin cried.

We panicked. Only one strand was holding the rope together. I sighed. One of us has to let go so that one will live...

"Lady Haebin-"

"Don't say anything!!!" She cried. "I won't let you go!" She sniffled. "We're going to live! The two of us! Together!"

"Lady Haebin..." I spoke. "...you were never a frozen wall...never thought I'd make you melt and-"

"Shut up!" She huffed. "Don't let go...please..."

"Haebin-ah..." I grinned, losing formalities. "Sorry..."

I force my hand off as it slips off of Lady Haebin's hold. Once it did, I fell.

I was just a peasant yet a lot has happened. From a peasant I became a servant, a warrior, and a heroine to the one I cherished. It was almost inevitable that I'd fight for what I believe and end up dying in the process. But I was happy. The cities were unified, my friends and the others are fine...and that Lady Haebin will live.

I could hear her screams as I descended.

Man...if I only I was given more time to confess...

•••••

Sejeong lets herself go and here I was, soaking myself out in the pouring rain, letting my tears fall. I was grateful to the others at the back, even to my only mother. I needed the time alone.

Sejeong died falling. It stopped her heart which was made of herself...and also stopped mine, which used to be a frozen block of ice in which Sejeong melted with her service, a thing to why I fell for her.

I sniffled as I looked at her sword, already drenched off of the enemy's blood. I could see the reflection of my eyes. But when the lightning flashed, I saw Sejeong's eyes.

It hurt me like hell. I screamed and stabbed her sword on the hard rock and cried of her death, my heart aching for her to come back, letting my emotions embrace onto darkness.

"Haebin-ah..." It was Mother. "...we're ready to go through with the allegiance. And we must go now. You need to rest."

I didn't realize it was already morning. Mother and the others gathered around me.

"No... I don't want to..." I sniffled. "...not without Sejeong."

"I'm so sorry for your loss, my Princess. But we need to move..." She spoke. "....your mother and Sejeong would want that..."

She was right. But would I carry on without Sejeong? I never want to... "But..."

"Losing Sejeong will not be meaningless, my Lady." Yeunjung spoke. "No matter what it takes, we'll be here to serve you."

Yeunjung bowed together with the remaining soldiers. Sejeong's friends nodded and they bowed too. With that, I decided to take a silver lining and start anew...

...for my trooper, my Master, my Kim Sejeong.

•••••

*cough*

I felt like i would be by by now but I got pulled out from the waters and was a human breathing at the right place. I huffed, blocking the rays of the sun with my fingers and I felt a by my cheek.

"Jeolyeong, my horse..." I huffed and pat his snout. "...good boy."

I got up slowly, looking at myself to realize that my sleeves were gone and I looked like a real slave from before. I sighed, wondering how long was I out but I had to go somewhere. 

I have to get to Haebin.

I got onto my horse and rode towards Proloquor. During the ride, I looked to see my friends from the Western border. I wonder why they were sad.

"Hmm... I'm glad that all is well for both cities. The invasions are successful and one day, the two cities will merge and become one city." I heard Jooeun.

"Then again, it's sad." Yewon pouted. "God Sejeong's dead, her mother's crying, and Lady Han had become so sad without her."

"Lady Han can be cold...but Master Sejeong changed her into someone good. And to tell the truth, Lady Han loved Master Sejeong so much." Nayoung finished.

"Really?"

"GOD SEJEONG!!" Sooyeon yelled.

They all gathered around as I got down. I got to hug all of them, especially the kids.

"But how..." Yebin was shocked.

"Thanks to Jeolyeong." I grinned. "Is Lady Han at her place?"

"Yes, boss~" She said.

I sighed and smiled. "I'm going to see her."

"But you need to rest, God Sejeong," said Suyeon. "How about we eat and rest and see Lady Han in the morning?"

"Well...I need to eat..." I said. "...but is it okay if I see Lady Han in the evening?"

"The power of love is unstoppable." Sungyeon said. 

"True." Nayoung said. "Okay, then, Master Sejeong."

I bowed. "Thank you."

They tackled me for a hug, crying out of joy to see me alive. Then again, i grew tired and the next thing I know, I fainted.

Then again, I was eager to see Haebin again.

•••••

My life had gone wonderful as I was now the Queen of Proloquor and will be a future ruler of Vocem, the future city united from Proloquor and Profero, together with my mother and the Queen of Profero.

The said allegiance paved wonderful developments in the united city. People have loved us, bonds have been created and strengthened, and the doors were open for innovations. The state of Magna Voce got the peace everyone deserved. I got a lot of servants on my side: Nayoung, Yeunjung, and the rest of the fellow slaves and Sejeong's friends.

Sejeong...

I cried as I thought of her. She had been dead for a while. After a long day of ruling, I would become a wreck on my sleep, crying my heart out, longing for her. I would've gotten over it. I had a stone cold heart. 

But I could never forget Sejeong. She changed me within the numbered days and for that I was grateful. 

I love her so much...and I want her back...

"Haebin-ah?"

The doors opened and there was the Empress. She smiled sadly at me and sat by my bed, comforting me. I cried again.

"Y-Yes, Mother?" I asked.

"Please come with me outside for some fresh air." She said.

I nodded, getting up as I was wiping my tears. The two of us got to the garden, watching the moon and stars glisten beyond the plants and hearing the sounds of the night.

"Haebin-ah, I'll be right back. I just need to get something." The Empress said.

I nodded and stayed. I paced around and fiddled my fingers. I looked up and wondered as I saw a silhouette from the distance. I got my fighting stance ready as it drew closer. But as I finally saw the face, I felt my legs turn to jelly. I had hands by my mouth and I cried again.

She faced me and bowed. "Lady Han."

She was about to kneel when I tackled her for a hug. I felt her. I had my hands on her back and I nuzzled my face by her shoulders. I look at her and cried again. "Sejeong-ah..."

"Lady Haebin...." She smiled.

She wipes my tears away and I got quick to hold her hands and let them cup my face. I smiled again. "You're alive..."

"I couldn't let my friends serve onto you without me." Sejeong said.

I chuckled yet I cupped her cheeks and cried. "I was so lonely without you."

"I'm sorry if I let myself go at that bridge...and that I came back late..." Sejeong said. "But I'm here now. I'll serve you for as long as I live..."

"You will..." I spoke. "...not to me, but with me..."

"Lady Han-"

*ehem*

The Empress saw us, together with the other servants. I watched Sejeong freeze yet I pulled myself close to her, hugging her. We both bowed and the Empress sighed then smiled. "It's been a while since I saw my daughter smile."

"Mother..." I spoke. "...I love Sejeong. I want her to rule with me."

"Sejeong." She called her. "Do you love my daughter too?"

"Yes, your Eminence. I do love your daughter." Sejeong spoke.

It made my heart beat out of love again. "Sejeong..."

"I may have sat foot on this part of the city as a traitor and a pawn of the enemy but I sought for unity and realized that I also felt love. If I were given the authority to have your daughter's hand, I'd be obliged to marry her and join her in her legacy of the unified cities." Sejeong spoke and held my hand, looking at me.

"Now that's a future ruler." The Empress spoke. "Then you have my blessings and my legacy."

I hugged my Mother tight and she hugged me back. The servants cheered and I let go to hug Sejeong again.

"Master Sejeong." The Empress called again. "Do take extra care of my daughter."

She went back inside the palace and the other servants had to fo back to their posts, leaving me with Sejeong. I faced Sejeong again and leant my forehead on hers. 

"I love you..." I whispered.

"I love you too." Sejeong whispered back.

"Empress or Queen?" I asked, inching closer.

"Queen. You'd make a great Empress." Sejeong spoke and I sealed our lips in a passionate kiss.

===

That was the story. I deeply apologize if I took longer. Depression kicked in really bad. I got sick and my heart ached too much I couldn't continue writing. My battle is still ongoing. I would be sick and ache my own heart all over again but I'm fighting over it slowly.

This was one of the stories that I never thought I could write properly. Sejeong and Haebin shipped was a bit of a challenge yet I wanted to write the story. Anyways, I hope you guys like it.

Stay tuned for more stories. It might take a while again yet I will keep writing.