Maternity (Haebin • Nayoung)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Maternity

Characters: Han Haebin, Kim Nayoung

Requested by: IntelligentYou

===

It was five in the morning and I wonder of the sudden lewd noises that filled up my hearing, all from the maknaes' room. I huffed and woke up to stop the noise. When I got there, I gasped.

The ’96 liners were watching gay . And the worst case was that they let Mina and Hyeyeon join in.

“Good morning, Mommy Haebin.” Sally greeted.

“Yah! What’s so good in the morning when you’re letting kids watch ?!” I exclaimed.

“What? They love it~” Sejeong cooed and I threw a crumpled paper at her.

“Woah. Calm down, Mommy.” Nayoung came into view. “You five need to stop watching that . And as for you three…” She points at the ’96 liners. “…you’re grounded for not setting a good example to the kids, especially you Sejeong.”

The three huffed. Sejeong got her laptop and the three went out. I then faced the kids, all whiny and acting childish again.

“You two…” Nayoung spoke. “…you’re cleaning your room for what you’ve done.”

“Ah, unnie~~” They whined. “Mommy Haebin, do something~"

“Well…” I began. “…your room isn’t going to clean itself up when you watch . You’re busted for watching it so you’re cleaning your room up.”

The two whined again but they obeyed and started cleaning. I left the scene to cook breakfast for all of us, plus two extra servings for the kids, make that five for Mina.

“You busy there, Mommy?” I gasped as Nayoung popped out of nowhere.

“You do know I’m making a buffet for eight products of the multiplication table, right?” I asked.

“Make that seven.” Nayoung said as she helped me. “I’ll be joining you in the path of maternity.” She joined me in helping as she got some cans of tomato sauce. “Besides, you need all the help you can get.”

I nodded and let Nayoung do whatever she likes. As she helped me cook, a mysterious thump waltzes inside my chest. With that, I could only smile.

•••••

Just like I said, I joined with Haebin in the sweet path of maternity, taking care of five precious children and two old beautiful geezers (Hana and Mimi). I could shrug of the reason why I did it but I didn’t mind.

Today, Haebin wanted to buy groceries. As her mother-in-crime, I’ll be coming with her. And to add up a sweet spice to the punishment of the ’96 liners, they’ll be coming with us.

“es, grab your ! We’re leaving!”

“Hey!” Sejeong the Ahjusshi reacted. “How rude of you.”

“And I had to be involved.” Sally huffed.

“Me too.” Soyee joined. “We all know that you’re the only here, Sejeong.”

“That’s actually true.” Haebin answered.

Soyee and I reacted, even Sally laughed lightly. Sejeong reacted again and went ahead to the car.

“Yeah, go ahead. You too, Soyee. And Sally, bring your tablet because I don’t want you talking to me in Chinese.” I said.

Sally muttered something in Chinese and got her tablet then catching up to her fellow idiots. I let Haebin pass first as I followed suit. For Hana and Mimi, they’ll be on paternal duty to take care of the kids.

When we got to the car, Sejeong was in the driver’s seat.

“Thanks for starting the car, Sejeong. But I’ll be driving, thank you very much.” I grinned as I shoo her off.

“ing .” Sejeong muttered as she went to the back.

“Language.” Haebin sighed. “Come on, Nayoung. Let’s go.

“Yes, Mommy.” I grinned and got to the front seats with Haebin.

I got the car running and we drove towards the supermarket. And on cue, the three idiots had to mess this peaceful drive.

The Ahjusshi, the giant statue, and the chick from China were singing a song about shopping many times and it was annoying as . I checked Haebin and she was quiet, humming lightly and being the composed Mommy she was.

I could only smile as I felt at ease with her presence, even my heart was beating calmly.

“We’re here~” She sang lightly as we arrived.

The three idiots went out ahead like the rascals they were. Haebin waited as I hopped off the driver’s seat and held my arm.

“Let’s go, Mommy.” She grinned.

I nodded and we went ahead. I huffed and hoped my heart eased soon.

•••••

I was holding Nayoung’s arm as she got a cart. I let my heart be controlled as I adored this moment with her. But as much as I had to ogle, I need to be in maternal mode, just like Nayoung.

“You got the list?” Nayoung asked.

“Yes. Also, we have extra budget to buy anything we want-“

“Hush!” I covered . “If Sejeong hears you, she’s going to spend on helium balloons again.”

Haebin nodded and we kept the secret and went on buying the things we need. I saw the three angels up ahead and I gasped of them. Sally was tossing Chinese food in the cart, Soyee got herself some shrimp, and Sejeong got the helium balloons.

“These are adorable.” Sejeong squealed of the balloons. “It even has our logo in it.” She added and she tied them to the cart. “Shopping can be really fun~” Sejeong sang.

“Shopping is for everyone~” Soyee and Sally joined in.

“Again with that stupid song.” Nayoung sighed. “And if you’re planning to buy those balloons, I’ll let Mina have your share of cake later.”

“Not my cake, woman!” Sejeong spoke with her Ahjusshi tone.

“It’s okay, Nayoung. Let’s just add them.” I said.

“Are you sure?” She asked.

“I’m sure.” I answered. “Don’t forget the treats for the geezers and the kids.”

Nayoung nodded and got everything we needed plus everything we liked. She considered Sally’s Chinese food, Soyee’s shrimp, and even Sejeong's helium balloons.

“Okay. Make way.” Nayoung grabbed my hand and we pushed the cart together. “We’re moms making a difference.”

I laughed of Nayoung’s choice of words that we got to the cashier. As I worked to pay for the things we're buying, I checked the three angels. Sejeong was jumping up and down happily because she got her balloons, Soyee was helping Nayoung carry the bags and...

What the ? Where's Sally?

“, where's Sally?” I asked as the two angels shrugged. “I’m serious this time.”

“I’ll go find Sally.” Nayoung calms me down and ran back.

I nodded and let Sejeong and Soyee grab the bags and put them in the car. I paced by the cashier as I wonder what’s taking the two so long.

“You can use this to announce them, ma'am.” The cashier got a mic.

“Thanks.” I smiled. “Kim Nayoung and Liu Xiening, please come back to Cashier 9 right now or else I’m cooking beans tonight.”

I felt a breeze and Nayoung and Sally we’re back. I chuckled. No one in Gugudan would eat beans for dinner.

“Where the have you guys been?” I asked.

“Sally was intrigued with the test samples of steamed buns. I had to drag her here to stop her and when you announced, we stormed back here.” Nayoung explained.

I nodded and let Sally go ahead. I look at Nayoung and she gave me an apologetic look while we got to the car.

“Mind me for Sally.” She said.

“It’s okay.” I smiled as I pat her head. “You did good.”

Nayoung smiled as she got to the driver’s seat. I got to my seat as we drove back to the dorm.

•••••

“Alright, we’re back~” I cooed.

“Finally~” Sally huffed then made a run inside.

“Yah, Liu Xiening! Help us with the bags!” Sejeong yelled.

“Great. We’re carrying them, Sejeong.” Soyee sighed and went to the back.

“Alright, grab the bags, kids.” Haebin said.

“Yes, Mommy.” Soyee and Sejeong nodded.

“Hurry up and grab the bags, you es.” I laughed.

*pffft*

I was spat by Sejeong. Soyee reacted while she got her bag and went inside. I could flip out of Sejeong as I cringed.

“Oh my , I’m so sorry, Mommy Nayoung.” Sejeong said as she wiped me.

“Yah, what’s this?” I asked as I saw a bottle on Sejeong’s hand.

“Hush. Don’t tell Mommy Haebin that I drank some and accidentally spat at you, please~ I promise to be a good girl.” Sejeong grinned.

“Heh, where did you get vodka?” I smirked. “Isn’t this Haebin's-“

“Shush. Let people have their own businesses.” Sejeong whispered.

“The , Ahjusshi…” I huffed as I wiped myself. “…and that’s not how you speak to your mother.”

Sejeong sighed and went inside with the last two bags. I sighed and joined in when everyone was looking at me.

“What?” I asked.

“Why are you wet?” Hana asked.

“Omo-Mommy Nayoung~ what happened?” Haebin rushed to me as she got a towel.

I felt a thump as she wiped me off. Plus with the close proximity, I could blush hard.

“You’re a Mommy like Haebin, Nayoung?” Mimi asked as she and Hana laughed with the kids.

“Shut it.” I answered.

“What this?” Haebin took a whiff. “Is this vodka?”

“The , who would drink vodka?” Hyeyeon spoke and we gasped.

“Omg-who drank my stash in the car?!” Haebin flipped out.

I smirked. I excused myself to get a bath. I passed by the kitchen when I saw Sejeong, Soyee, and Sally taking care of the groceries.

“You’re dead meat to Mommy Haebin, Kim Sejeong!” I yelled as I ran.

I heard Sejeong yelling my name and I heard Mommy Haebin yell Sejeong’s name. I broke into a laughing stock as I got to the bathroom and clean up.

•••••

Who knew being the Mommy of Gugudan was so hard?

Hana and Mimi were like the eldest responsible unnies. The ’96 liners were angelic idiots, especially Sejeong. I grounded her because she drank my stash in the car. And there’s the sweet kids, but I had to ground Hyeyeon too for cursing. And Nayoung? She’s been my fellow Mommy and thank the stars she helped me because I couldn’t handle for today.

And another thing. I was thankful because I got to spend time with her. And somehow, my weary heart was happy when we became mothers together.

For now, we were watching Mina and Hyeyeon play soccer with Soyee and Sally. I didn’t let Sejeong play, even though she wanted to. She was grounded after all.

“Go and win this, Mina-ya~” I cheered.

“Go, Hyeyeon, your Mommy's little champ.” Nayoung cheered.

“Oh no, Nayoung. She .” Mimi mumbled.

“But Sally even more.” Hana added and I shushed them.

“It’d be nice if you win at least one game, Sally.” Sejeong cheered.

“Yah, Kim Sejeong!” We, the unnies, reacted.

Sally kicked the ball and it landed on Sejeong’s forehead, making the Ahjusshi groan. Hyeyeon and Mina didn’t like the scene and they cried. My motherly instincts triggered and Nayoung and I went to comfort the two.

“There, there, baby.” I wiped Mina’s tears away.

“It’s okay, Hyeyeon.” I heard Nayoung. “What the , es!”

“Sorry.” Sally mumbled.

“Jesus Christ, Xiening.” Sejeong hissed as Hana patched her forehead up. “That hurt."

“Why don’t we play again?” I smiled at Mina and she nodded.

Nayoung managed to comfort Hyeyeon and the youngsters were back on the game. Sejeong decided to sit with us as we watched them play again.

It was all fun to watch as we were like parents who were proud of their children. The maknae duo were leading and Soyee cussed. She didn’t like losing.

“Mothering !” She yelped as she kicked the ball.

It was aiming at us. Mostly, it was aiming at me.

*ack*

“You alright, Mommy?” Nayoung asked as she was in front of me.

“Mommy Nayoung just saved Mommy Haebin.” Hana cooed.

“Omg-my ship is sailing~” Mimi spoke as Sejeong made a boat noise.

Soyee and Sally cooed as Mina and Hyeyeon did a heart sign. Nayoung was still at close proximity and I felt my heart pound.

I saw a little bump growing by Nayoung's forehead and I grew worried. I went to feel it lightly and she winced. “Are you okay?”

“I’m fine, Mommy.” Nayoung answered.

“I’m hungry~” We heard Mina whine cutely.

“Me too~” Hyeyeon added.

Nayoung helps me up and all of us went back inside. 

I’m cooking dinner again…

 •••••

I got my bump healed and I helped Haebin with cooking dinner. There were times she asked me about my bump but I assured her that I was fine. I smiled of the concern and if my heart had teeth, it was smiling too.

"Mommy Nayoung." Haebin called and I could blush of that. "Please pass the sauce."

I nodded and got the open can. I gave it to her when she slipped. I had to catch her. With my long arms, I supported Haebin all while I poured the sauce in for the stew.

I got the can thrown on the trash can as I helped Haebin up. 

"Sorry, Mommy." She spoke lightly.

"It's fine, Mommy." I smiled back.

"Aigoo, you two would make a good couple." Mimi looked at us.

I looked away and blushed lightly, focusing on the stew. Haebin got the dishes served on the table as I served some stew on each bowl.

I got a makeshift bell and rang it. "Gugudan, break it and eat!!"

Everyone rushed to the dining room. Haebin and I got to sit down with the rest, thanked for the meal, and took priority of the kids first. After we did our motherly work, we got to eat.

I even served Haebin some dishes and the eldest members cooed at us.

"The Mommy ship has sailed once again." Hana giggled.

"Toot!" Sejeong mimicked.

"Aish..." I almost cussed but I had to keep it cool for Haebin.

We all laughed and enjoyed a wonderful meal. Everyone was finished. Haebin cleaned the table as I volunteered to wash dishes.

"Let me help you, Mommy Nayoung." Haebin insisted.

"I'm okay. Why don't you rest?" I assured her.

Haebin didn't want to. I sighed and kissed her forehead, making ourselves blush. "Come on, Mommy Haebin. To the living room you go."

She nodded and went with the reet of the members as I take care of more motherly work.

•••••

I took the time to rest, just like Nayoung said. To admit, I am tired physically, although my heart really liked the task of being a motherly member. With that, it made me wonder of Nayoung.

"Nayoung likes you." Hana said.

"What?" I asked.

"You know Nayoung can be dorky sometimes but now, she's acting responsible and all motherly to make an impression." Mimi said.

"Are you guys serious?" I asked. "How could Nayoung like me?"

"I could see the look she gives you. She took concern of your motherly image towards all of us," said Hana.

"True. She even makes sure of your well-being like now, she takes care of everyone, she's even tucking the kids to sleep and let you rest." Mimi added. "And admit that you like her too."

A blush creeps its way to my face. And with my beating heart, it made Mimi and Hana's conclusion true.

I really do like Nayoung.

"It's late. We need to turn in now." Hana said.

"Aren't you turning it too, Haebin?" Mimi asked.

"I'll catch up." I said.

The two unnies nodded, ssid their goodnight, and went to the room. For me, I was still contemplating of the fact that I like Nayoung. But in the crevices of my weary heart, I don't think it's possible that Nayoung likes me back.

I sighed and went to the car to get my stash.

•••••

Tucking the kids took longer than expected. Soyee was already snoring to dreamland but Mina and Hyeyeon were still a biy active. I decided to tell them a nice story. As I told, the kids' eyes were drooping. I could just squish them with love because they were so adorable.

"The end." I said.

Mina dozed immediately. But Hyeyeon? She was still awake with her drooping eyes. I pat her head.

"Go to sleep now, my little champ." I said.

"Answer me first." Hyeyeon said.

"Okay." I nodded.

"Do you like Mommy Haebin?"

I didn't waste time. I pat Hyeyeon's head again and did a little gesture. She grinned and finally went to sleep.

I tiptoed my way out and closed the door. I reckon that everyone is asleep now. I decided to chill by the living and there was Haebin, her cheeks flushed as she downs a shot glass of her stash of vodka. And seeing her bottle almost empty, I reckoned that she drank a lot.

I got another shot glass from the counter and decided to join her.

"Do you mind, Haebin?" I asked.

"Not at-*hic*-all..." Haebin answered.

I poured myself a glass and downed it instantly, the ing alcohol stinging my tastebuds, all the way down to my throat.

"Is this what motherly people usually do? Drink vodka?" I asked Haebin.

"Not all motherly people, Na-*hic*-young..." Haebin answered. "...it's just my way of relieving stress."

"I see." I said and I shot another glass. "What are you stressing about? Is it the motherly image?"

"That's one thing but I-*hic*-love the members a lot like they were my children, especially the kids." Haebin answered. "I like the fact I get to wake them uo early and tuck them to sleep at night."

"It really is nice. I like it too." I said, downing my third glass. "Haebin, that's enough drinking."

Haebin was getting dizzy. I held her forehead before she could slump her head on the table when I felt her hand holding it and puts it on her chest. She hiccoughs.

"I love you, Mommy Nayoung, you dork..." Haebin finally confessed.

I was also feeling light-headed but I'm glad she finally became honest with me. I help her get up whe she held me tight and I ended up stumbling on the couch, with her on top of me.

My heart thumped. I can't hide it. I smiled at her and let lie on top of me properly. I felt her arms around me as she snuggled. I could almost laugh but I hug back and smiled.

"I love you too, Mommy Haebin."

We slept on the couch as we welcome another time and finally confess our love through the stages of maternity.

===

That was Maternity, everyone. I hope you guys like it, especially the reader.