Chocolate (Mina • Hyeyeon)

The Multiplication Table for Readers

Title: Chocolate

Characters: Kang Mina, Cho Hyeyeon

Requested by: step1step2

===

One of the less bullty things I couldn't really fathom was of people falling in love. When the next terrible decline is suddenly plateaued, or when the emotional feeling is almost unbearable, the person's dormant mind will experience unusual feelings, as if you're a person who's uncertain that your last good day is your last good day.

At the time, it was just any decent day, except for the fact that I'm feeling indescribable feelings towards a friend, a cutie.

"Mina~" Hyeyeon waved at me, skipping like a princess.

Cho Hyeyeon, age 17, was my little mermaid and my dead-gorgeous Narcissus, well, to me at least. Anyways, her beauty was of the extraordinary, like a cute angel descending from the heavens to live with humans. She's good at painting, dancing, and singing, and although she's scared of sheep, she was still pretty despite of crying like a sicko.

She was also my best friend...and I made a daring move that I have feelings for her...

"Hey, Hyeyeon." I greeted back. "What's up?"

"There's this cool new store with a new brand of chocolate~" Hyeyeon cheered, pulling my arm lightly. "We should go and buy some."

Damn, how I love it when she holds my hand. And speaking of chocolate, I love chocolate! Chocolate is my heart and soul. Chocolate is life!

But wait...I don't have money to buy some. I'm broke as .

"Uh...next time, Hyeyeon." I grinned as I slowly got rid of Hyeyeon's hold in my arm.

"Why?" She pouted and I could almost jump at the edge of my position.

"Because I need to do my homework." I reasoned.

"We're both done with it. We both finished together, remember?" Hyeyeon chuckled.

Oh yeah...come on, Kang Mina. Think of something else.

"Well..." I began. "...I need to go to the cybercafe and play video games." I pat her head. "Next time, okay?"

"Okay." Hyeyeon nodded.

I bid goodbye to Hyeyeon and went off.

I had my reasons why I can't go.

I can't go all shy and in denial that I have feelings for her. It was already unbearable. And if I came with her, it'll pop out and there goes our friendship.

It's better that way.

•••••

I'm a bit down. Here I am at that store I talked about with Mina, eating the new brand of chocolate. Usually, I would've been happy to eat but it's like I'm forced to eat everything. With the economy and all, I can't just waste it.

I shot the wrapper in the trashbin and went home. While I walked, I couldn't stop thinking about Mina.

Kang Mina was my best friend. She's mature for her age and she's really helpful. Whenever I needed something, she has my back. Whenever I wanted us to go out and have fun, she makes her time for me. And whenever I was crying and down, she was there to come around, comforting me and getting my feet back on track.

It's the reason why I like her.

That time when I asked her to come with me to the store to buy some chocolate, I would be giddy if we came along, bought some, and ate together happily.

But she declined.

That's why I'm down. I wasn't used to a day without hanging around with Mina. I wonder why she did that but then, I had my hunches. I'm not sure if she feels that way but me? I've felt it for long.

I like Kang Mina.

But will she ever see that? It's almost impossible. Besides, the typical best friends falling in love at some point may seem to happen naturally but in most cases, one from the pair must keep it to himself/herself just to save the friendship.

And that's what I'm doing. It's better that way.

•••••

"Go long!"

*ack*

I would've thought that I would have a decent day. But someone had to hit me in the head. How quaint.

"YAH! Watch it-" I stopped as I saw the person. "Oh, Hyeyeon..."

I could only wave. I lowered my head but I saw how y Hyeyeon looked in her volleyball uniform. I got the ball and tossed it back to her.

"Mina." She smiled sadly. "You didn't watch my game."

"I didn't?" I wondered. "Oh yeah. I didn't. Mind me. I thought of chilling here by the trees instead."

Hyeyeon gave me that look and I didn't like seeing her like that. I had my reasons to avoid her but as her best friend, I can't just be the sourpuss and shrug her off all the time.

"Is it over?" I asked.

Hyeyeon shook her head. "Actually, we're havijg oir second game."

"I'll watch." I grinned.

Hyeyeon cheered lightly and I went with her to the gym. While we walked, I felt a hand beyond mine. I gasped as she held it, my heart beating frantically because of the contact.

But I can't be too assuming of this. What matters is that she's happy and I get to watch her play.

•••••

I would be panting easily and just give up on the game. But with Mina watching by the bleachers and cheering me on, I got some strength and encouragement.

Our game was close to call. The opposing team won on the first so we're trying our best to win the second. With all the passes, spikes, and sets, we managed to win the second game. We had our break and I wondered where Mina went.

"Yah, Kang Mina!!" I called as I ran towards her. "Where are you going? We still have a last game!"

She stopped. I was frantic, feeling tears on my eyes as I watch her go.

Wait a minute, why am I in tears?

"Don't worry. I'm just going to buy something by the vending machines." She said. "Don't worry. I won't go anywhere."

I trusted her and watch her go. I went back to the benches, getting my bag to get my energy drink. I drank some, all while I wiped myself to get ready for the last game.

I felt a presence by my back and I saw Mina again. I was happy. Not only that, she got something.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I bought some chocolate and drinks. Here." She gives me a pack. "I got some chocolate and your favorite energy drink here." She pats my back. "I'm going back to my seat to watch. Good luck, Hyeyeon."

She went back and I swore I could hear my heart beat frantically. I was called back in the game and I focused and went back to court to play.

The last game was intense. Not only the game was close to call, a lot of students came to watch. In my case, I did my best, not only to win but to make an impression on Mina.

When the game took to a minimum, I'd gaze at Mina, cheering me on as she ate some chocolate. Damn, she looked adorable and pretty. I gazed at her doe so long, not realizing I'd get hit by the ball.

"Yah, Cho Hyeyeon! Focus!" I heard Mina yell.

I nodded hastily and I got back on the game, doing the best I can as we emerged victorious on the game.

I cheered with my team and saw Mina going down to congratulate me. 

"Nice game, Hyeyeon." Mina said.

"Thanks." I grinned, all while I got to drink what Mina bought for me.

"You should eat the chocolate I bought too." Mina said.

"I'll save that for later." I said. "Now..." I held her arm. "...treat me at this ddeokbokki shop by the street."

I pouted. I saw Mina looking at me, almost perplexed yet smiling on how cute I should look. I pouted again. I really want her to come with me this time.

"Okay." Mina sighed. "Let's go."

I tackled her for a hug. I was drenched in sweat but I want to hug her. I stood frozen with my arms wrapped around her. Who knew hugging the person you like feels so nice?

"Um, Hyeyeon. You can stop hugging me now," said Mina.

I nodded and held her arm. Mina just smiled and we went out together.

My gosh, I'm so happy! It feels like a date!

I wonder if I can confess to her soon enough.

•••••

I was frantic throughout the walk. It was fine since I can treat her because I had cash and all but I never thought it could happen so soon.

We got to the store, seeing fellow students and smelling the delicious gochubang and those succulent rice cakes, even fish cakes. Hyeyeon and I got our seat and I went out to order a platter good for the two of us. I paid it immediately so that I won't forget, then going back to the table where Hyeyeon sat, looking at me with a grin.

Great. How am I going to handle this time not ogling my crush?

"Great game a while ago, Hyeyeon." I said.

"Thanks." She smiled. "Coach was choosing a team to represent out school for the national volleyball league. I really want our team to participate."

"I see. That's really cool." I said.

"You should come." She said. "I'd be happy if you could watch."

"But I won't be exempted from classes." I said.

"You're part of the school's publishing team, right?" Hyeyeon asked. "You'll be exempted. Your team would write a headline about us."

We stopped from our talk as our platter was served. Being food lovers, Hyeyeon and I began to indulge on sich delicious ddeokbokki. Hyeyeon and I would indulge on many pieces, all while we fed each other, like the typical best friends we were.

"Hey." She spoke and got something on her bag. "I want to eat this chocolate with you."

"But it's yours. I bought that for you." I said.

"But I want to eat it with you." She said back.

I couldn't argue and we shared the chocolate. Hyeyeon and I had a wonderful timw with food and each other. She got a long bar, holding one end using her teeth, and inching it closer to my face.

"Hyeyeon, what are you doing?" I asked.

She holds it with her hand. "We're sharing the chocolate, remember? Besides, you owe me this because I won the game."

She holds the end with again and inched closer. I shrugged and bit the other end. 

The chocolate was good that I ate further. But as I began to bite, Hyeyeon's face was drawing closer. I thought that it was false bait. I felt my heart was gonna pop out of my chest. With the close proximity, I thought Hyeyeon looked prettier.

As I felt Hyeyeon's nose poking onto mine, I let go. But then, she stopped pulling me closer. And I flushed.

I felt her lips on mine. 

We kissed! I can't believe we kissed!!

We broke from it and my heart kept on beating. I tried to keep it to myself so that Hyeyeon wouldn't notice. But my conscience was telling to stop being in denial and just tell her.

And the words slipped out of my mouth.

"I like you, Hyeyeon."

I was embarrassed, feeling my cheeks heat up. I couldn't look at her. I thought that it ended it. Well, there goes our friendship.

"I've been waiting for you to say that to me, you cute idiot."

I was shocked of what I just heard. I looked up to see Hyeyeon pouting, her hand holding mine.

"Hyeyeon..."

"Yah..." Her cheeks puffed. "I like you too, Mina."

•••••

You’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
my sweet
chocolate chocolate chocolate
I can’t take my eyes off you
I want to have you
the days spent with your smiling face
you’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
my sweet
chocolate chocolate chocolate
the 24 hours in a day are all for you
I’ve been waiting to be filled with you

You’re my chocolate
you live as a dream, I’ve had it
I see you and smile
your eye smile makes me melt melt melt
I want to reach you
when I see what you do
the more i see the more it hurts
Do you feel now
meet up with me today too
the things I want to do
become things I can’t do
I keep looking for you like I’m addicted
my heart keeps doing that

For some reason it’s slightly bitter but also sweet
am I eating dark chocolate
right now
when I’m with you I melt
with just one word I flow
I like you so much

You’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
my sweet
chocolate chocolate chocolate
I can’t take my eyes off you
I want to have you
the days spent with your smiling face

You’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
I always end up looking at your eyes
chocolate chocolate chocolate
your voice is as if you’ll hold my hand

You’re my chocolate
you’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
my sweet
chocolate chocolate chocolate
even if I don’t try to see it
it keeps requiring attention
I don’t need more, I just always end up looking for you
you’re my chocolate chocolate chocolate
my sweet
chocolate chocolate chocolate
my heart beats so fast
as if you’ll hold my hand
I keep looking for you like I’m addicted
my heart keeps doing that
you’re my chocolate

"What are you listening to?" A cutie Kang Mina asked.

"Nothing..." I grinned, putting my phone and headset back on my bag.

She just grinned back. I looked around the classroom, seeing no one but the two of us. I smiled and reached to hold Mina's hand. She held back and I leaned my head on her shoulder.

"Mina?" I called.

"Yeah?" She responded.

"Do you have some MnMs?" 

She reached for her bag and got a pack. I opened the pack and the both of us indulged. Mina was about to get another when I stopped her.

"What?" She reacted.

"Let me feed you." I said, getting a piece.

Mina nodded. I inched in close to . As she began to bite, I moved it away and inched my face closer. "Kiss me first."

Mina smirked. I gulped on how y she looked as inched her face closer, almost inches towards mine. But then, she scoots away slowly. I pouted and shw crashes her lips on mine.

I blushed so hard as I dropped the piece of chocolate. I felt Mina hold that hand before the chocolate could fall. She grabbed it as she broke from our kiss, eating the piece which was now on her hand and just in time for thw bell to ring and the students to come inside.

"You owe me one later." I pouted again.

"Sure, baby." Mina winked.

I giggled. I listened throughout the class as I thought  of us, and I bet Mina's thinking about me too.

Yes. I'm thinking about Mina, my girlfriend, my chocolate...

===

That was the first. For the reader who requested this, I hope you like it.

Next is Sejeong and Hana so stay tuned!