Determination

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99GyFmnH59s 

>Determination<

Two days had passed since Hero “Runaway” and Minah only grew sadder. On the third day she didn’t show up to school at all. Byung Hun was on edge all day, no one had called her parents yet about Hero and he was really concerned for her. He was at lunch with his friends and tried calling her once more.

“Dammit!” He shouted as he tossed the phone.

“Calm down hyung.” Jong Hyun advised as he picked the phone up and inspected it. “If you break your phone how will you get in contact with her.”

“I can’t just sit here and do nothing!” He shouted as he paced back and forth.

“What do you plan on doing?” Min Soo asked, he had a day off of college so he snuck on school grounds to hang with his crew. “He ran away so really all you can do is hope he comes home.”

“That can’t be it.” He stated as he looked down. “Minah seems sure he wouldn’t leave the house without her knowing, he is very well trained. I mean if a dog will shake someone’s hand when meeting them he most defiantly wouldn’t leave his master without them knowing.”

“So then what do you think is the case?” Daniel asked.

Byung Hun thought back and remembers the guy who wanted to buy Hero. “That’s it!” He shouted as he looked up. “Saturday some man tried to buy Hero off of Minah…maybe he saw their address on Hero’s colure and snuck in the backyard to take him when she came to meet me that day.”

“So your saying he’s been dog napped?” Chang Hyun said as he looked at Byung Hun. “Why would someone steal a dog, especially one that’s already fully grown in adult stage?”

“I don’t know but he did tell Minah she would pay when she refused.” *But how do I find a man I know nothing about?*

><><><><><><>< 

Minah rubbed her eyes as she looked around the empty park. She had spent the morning searching for signs of Hero. In her hand was the locket she kept on his colure, it had a picture of the two in it. The chain was broken and it was scratched. She hadn’t been sleeping well since he went missing.

*Hero…are you okay out there?* She rested her head on the swings chain, she started to cry again. “Why would he just take you away like that? Please be okay Hero.”

><><><><><><><>< 

Kang Bin smiled as he stood in front of Hero’s cage, he was counting his money. “You might just be my best investment yet…not bad for a house dog.” He commented. “You can get extra food tonight.” He pushed another tray in there.

Hero moved the tray to the side and curled up in a ball. His paw had dried up blood on it and was bleeding from all the scratching he did. After he pushed the tray away he went to the corner of his cage and curled up into a ball. It was cold even for him with all the fur.

Kang Bin grew furious. “Why do you keep pushing away my food you damn dog!” He shouted as he pushed the food over to Hero. “I’m trying to be nice to you but you just don’t want to take my kindness.” He knocked the food over and it fell over on Hero’s dirty fur. “Pathetic mutt.”

Hero didn’t like being locked in a cage, it reminded him of his old owner.

“Useless dog…you and those other can’t do nothing right! You like getting beat don’t you?! No wonder why no one loves you.”

“I can’t believe your being this dumb!” Kang Bin shouted once more. He grabbed the colure from the others. “You think I’ll ever let you return to that girl?” He put it in his pocket. “Your mine now…maybe after I toss this thing away you’ll have no choice but to accept it.”

Hero watched him walk away with his gift from Minah with glossy eyes. He let out a longing howl which caused the other dogs to howl with him. None of them belonged there or deserved to be there.

><><><><><><>< 

It was raining hard and Byung Hun was at home trying to figure out if he’s ever seen the guy around before. His phone rang and he smiled at Minah’s name. “Minah ah, you’ve been ignoring me, how are you feeling.”

“Byung Hun…”

“Mrs. Park?”

“I…I called to ask for your help.”

He sat up in his bed and nodded. “Anything, just asked.”

“Can you find my daughter and bring her home?” She begged from the other line. “She left this morning to look and we haven’t been able to find her. I just don’t know where she could be. Minah never leaves home without her phone.”

“I’m on it Mrs. Park. I’ll bring Minah home in no time.”

“Thank you!” She said.

He hung up and grabbed his coat and umbrella. “Minah wait for me for a bit.”

><><><><><><>< 

Minah was still at the park, she was hiding in the slide from the rain. She was drenched, but her focus was still outside. Form the slide you could see all the main areas. The park was one of Hero’s favorite places, if he escaped he would wait there for her. Her stomach growled and she hugged her knees once again.

Legs stood in the way and Byung Hun bent down to peer at her. He held out a bag with snacks and smiled. “You hungry.”

She scooted over and he closed up the umbrella sitting by her. “Man that rain is hard.” He handed her the food he brought her and watched her slowly eat. “You know I believe you.” She looked at him confused. “When you said someone took him. I strongly believe it was that man.”

“Yeah and we have no clue where he is.” She said as tears threatened to come once again. “I know I might be overreacting but Hero…” Minah looked at Byung Hun, it was his first time seeing her look so vulnerable and sad. “I didn’t have friends growing up. I always did things alone and preferred to read then play with the other kids. I got bullied a lot for it.

Hero was always there for me.” She said as she looked at him. “Umma and Appa think I named him Hero because I’m a big fan but there is more to that name. I always feel so alone…” She confessed as she looked at him. “Being shy keeps me away from opening up fully to people so when I have a serious problem I’m left alone to deal with it. Hero was the one who changed that.

I could tell him everything and he would listen, he would make me feel better. He would protect me form all the bullies. He had my back and I had his. I miss him, and I’m so worried.”

She hugged him and buried her face in his shirt.

“Please stop crying.” He said as he rubbed her back. “I promised you I wouldn’t let that man hurt you or Hero…all the pain he’s causing you. I promise to give it back to him ten times fold. It hurts to know you’re in so much pain. Trust me…I will find him.” Byung Hun starred out at the rain, his eyes showed his anger and his determination. *That man is bound to show up again…and when he does I’ll handle him and get Hero back.*

“I promised to bring you home.” He said as he stood out in the rain, after holding the umbrella up he bent down in front of the slide. “I’ll carry you.”

Minah climbed on, she wrapped her arms around his neck. “Byung Hun ah…” She said in a soft tone. “You’re the best.” She mumbled as she slowly fell asleep.

Byung Hun blushed at her words, he looked back at her and a small smile escaped. “Don’t say such words until I bring Hero back…if I can’t do that then I don’t deserve you.” 

><><><><><><><><><><

Author's Note: I'm using a lot of Yurima huh? His music is just so beautiful.