Best Friends

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JArsP7o_ZhE 

>Best Friends<

It was a nice Saturday, the sun was brightly shinning yet the wind blew to give off the cool fresh feeling. Hero’s ears went up and he slowly opened his eyes from his dog house. With long steps he entered the Park’s house and quietly went upstairs. Stopping in front of a that read in big letters “Mianh’s Room”, he stood on his back paws and use his two front ones to play with the nob until the door opened. Satisfied he made his way to the bed where his best friend was asleep.

In one quick jump he landed on the bed and slowly walked over to Minah. She was a very bad sleeper so her leg was hanging out of the covers on one end while the other was warmly hidden. Her left hand rested on her stomach while her right lay on the pillow by her face. Some people say dogs can smile and if anyone saw Hero at this moment he would be grinning. His shadow rested over Minah’s face and her eyebrows furrowed at the sudden darkness.

Hero proceeded with his plan and attacked her with . “Alright.” She said as she pushed his face away and sat up. Minah grinned as she looked at him. “I take it you’re ready for a walk huh boy?” Hero let out a few barks and she quickly covered his mouth. “Don’t bark so loud…Umma and Appa might still be asleep.”

After picking out something to wear and grabbing her iPod and wallet Minah grabbed Hero’s red leash and the two left. He was a well behaved dog so he didn’t really need the leash. She carried it around just in case. Hero walked close by her side, the streets weren’t too crowded so he didn’t have to worry about getting separated.

“Now what should we have for breakfast Hero?” She asked as she looked at the different cafés. “I know!” Minah said as she turned to one. “Wait here for me boy, and don’t talk to strangers.”

Hero sat by the entrance like a guard dog. Some people walked by and smiled his way, a small little girl pulled someone along and pointed. “Oppa…look at the cute doggie.”

He looked down at Hero and smiled. “He is cute…must be waiting for his owner.”

Hero tilted his head at the pair, the girl giggled and ran over. “I wanna pet him!”

“Hey! You’re not supposed to touch random dogs, they could bite!” He warned his sister. Her hand landed on Hero’s head and her brother reached for her, Hero looked at her before wagging his tale back and forth. She giggled and started to pet him. “Be careful.”

“He wouldn’t bite someone so small and cute.” Minah said as she walked out the café and smiled down at the little girl. “He’s a very kind boy.”

“He’s so soft.” She squealed in excitement. “What’s his name?”

“His name is Hero.” Minah replied as she handed the girl a small piece of meat. “You can feed him if you would like.”

She nodded and held it out. Hero ate it in one bite and her fingers clean. The girl laughed as her brother walked over, Minah handed her a sanitizer wipe. “We should head home now.”

“Thank you for letting me plays with him.” She said with a bow.

Minah nodded and looked at Hero as she took a bite out of her sandwich. “Say bye Hero.”

“Bark Bark!”

The girl laughed and waved as she held her brothers hand and left. Minah smiled as her and Hero continued their journey. “Why do I bother telling you not to talk to strangers? You always attack someone.”

They kept walking until they came to a nice jewelery cart. Minah was looking at all the stuff while Hero sniffed the air. He picked up a familiar scent and pulled at her finger. “Hold on a minute Hero…I just want to see what they have and then we can leave.” After a few more tries Hero barked before stealing her wallet and then running off.

“Hero!” She shouted as she looked at him run away. “Get back here Hero!” She shouted in panic as she followed.

><><><><><><>< 

Byung Hun just came out of a store with a bag full of snacks. He looked at the paper in his hand and read off the list. “Soda, Chips, Pocky, Cookies…were gonna get fat one of these days.” He turned to go when something bumped into his legs, he turned around and looked down at the familiar animal. “Hero? Did you get loose boy?”

He bent down to pet him but instead Hero dropped a wallet in his hand. The wallet was pink and had hearts around it. “Did you steal from someone?” He asked as he opened it up and took an idea out. “What are you doing with Minah’s wallet? Is she lost some place?” Hero shook his head and Byung Hun’s eyes widened. “S..She isn’t trapped in a well someplace is she?!”

Hero tilted his head in confusion and let out a confused noise. Byung Hun laughed as he rubbed the back of his neck. “Guess I watch too many movies.”

“Hero!” Minah shouted as she stopped by him and panted. “What’s the deal with you running off with my wallet?!” She stopped as she looked at Byung Hun, in his hand was her wallet and she blushed. “Oh…he gave it to you.”

He smirked at the look on her face. “Pink and hearts.”

“It was a gift from my cousin.” She said as he handed it to her and she put it away. “Sorry if Hero bothered you, he usually doesn’t run off.”

“No problem…I like Hero.” He said as he ruffled the dog’s head. “So where are you two headed?”

“The park.”

“Let’s go.” He said with a smile as he led the way.

Minah looked at the bag in his hand as Hero followed him by his side. *Wasn’t he about to go the other way? Plus he has a bag so shouldn’t he be headed home with them.*

“Don’t fall to far behind.” He called back to her.

“C…coming!” She shouted as she ran after them.

The three went to the park together and when they got there Minah and Byung Hun sat on the swings while Hero ran around. She smiled as she took a few photos with her phone. Byung Hun took a few photos of her with his.

“What are you doing?” She asked as she looked at him with a smile. “I’m not picture ready.”

“I think you look fine.” He said as he looked back at Hero. “So you two are really close huh?”

“Yup!” She said as she put her hand down to the ground. “I’ve known Hero since he was this small and I was seven. He’s my best friend!”

“I can tell…I can see the connection you two have.”

She nodded as she looked at him. “Do you have any pets?”

“Nope…”

“Any siblings?”

“Yeah…my brother, he’s four years older than me.”

“So then he’s twenty two.” She stated with a grin. “Is he as nice as you are?”

“No way!” Byung Hun said as he looked away. “I’m nicer and cooler than him.”

She laughed at his reaction and he smiled her way. While they were talking a man walked up to Hero and looked at his colure. Hero backed away and let out a hostile bark. Minah stood up fast and looked his way, she saw him growling and barking at the man and ran over.

“Hero don’t do that!” She scolded as she bent down and put the leash on. “You know better than to act like that to people.”

Hero put just starred hard at the man, he smiled as he looked at Minah. “Is this your dog?”

“Yeah, sorry if he scared you.”

“Actually he didn’t scare me at all. Would you be interested in selling him?”

“No…”

“I can pay however much you want.” The man said as he gave a creepy smile. “He would be nice to add to my pack.”

“Pack?” She said confused. “Sorry but he’s not just some pet, he’s family so I’m gonna have to turn down your offer----“

“I would think before I answer.” The man said as he grabbed her by the arm.

“Let go of me!” She shouted as she struggled to get free, Hero grew more hostile and tried to bite him. He would have if Byung Hun didn’t step in front of him. “Byung Hun ssi.”

“If I were you I would let my friend go. She said she wasn’t selling him so go away.” He glared at the man, despite being shorter his eyes where piercing and scared the man.

“Fine.” He said, he shot her a dirty look. “You’ll be sorry though.” With that said he walked off.”

“You okay?” Byung Hun asked as he turned around.

“I’m fine.” She said as she rubbed her wrist. “That creep was odd…I guess me and Hero should head home. I’ve had enough excitement for one day.”

“I’ll walk you.” Byung Hun said, she nodded and they left.

“Thanks for helping me back there.” She said as she looked at him.

“It was nothing…you sure that man didn’t hurt your wrist? He had a pretty good grip.”

“I’m sure.” She said, she looked over at Hero. “Something was off about him though. Hero doesn’t just bark at anyone, he knows better. What do you think he meant by I’ll be sorry?” Minah said, she sounded worried.

“I’m sure he was bluffing.” He said as he looked at her. “You scared he might come after you or something?”

“Not me…but Hero.”

“How about this.” Byung Hun said as they stopped in front of her house. “I promise not to let him anywhere near you or Hero! If he does find a way and make you cry or feel any pain I’ll personally beat him senseless. I may not be as mean as some of the kids at school think but I know how to protect those I care for!”

Minah looked at him and nodded. “You’ve been using that word promise a lot to me…thank you for making me feel better.”

L.Joe nodded as he thought for a moment. “Can you do me a favor?”

“Sure.”

“Meet me by the bridge tomorrow around sunset.” He said with a mischievous grin.

“Why?” She asked puzzled as she looked at him.

“It’s a surprise.” He said before waving and running off. “Don’t keep me waiting to long!”

She waited for him to be out of sight before she looked down at Hero. “What could he want? Hm…”