A Dog's Tale

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDZ90V7072I 

>A Dog’s Tale<

Minah woke up and looked around her room. Everything seemed normal but it wasn’t. After putting on her school uniform she went out to the backyard, she filled up Hero’s food and water bowl and sat by his dog house. Her arms wrapped around her knees as she starred at the open fence.

*Where are you?* After a few seconds she saw a car pull up and sighed, she went inside and called out to her parents. “I’m leaving.”

“Have a good day dear.” Her mother said with a small smile.

“Doubt it…call me if Hero comes back.”

“We will.” He father said, he took the day off to go look for Hero himself.

She slowly walked to Min Soo’s car and crawled in. Like before Chan Hee was in the front. Chang Hyun was on Daniels lap and she was squished between Jong Hyun and Byung Hun. “Good morning noona!” Chang Hyun said with a huge grin. “Hyung told up the good news so now that makes you our sister!”

She looked at him and gave a small smile, she nodded as the guys continued to talk. Byung Hun watched her and could tell something was up. Min Soo pulled up to the school and smiled. “I’ll pick you all up after school?”

“Not me…” Minah said as she bowed. “I need to make a stop.”

Min Soo nodded and wave. “Have a good day kids.”

The group watched him drive off, as the group made their way Byung Hun stopped Minah. Jong Hyun noticed and looked back. “What’s the big idea hyung?”

“You guys go on ahead of us.” The boys nodded and left, he looked at Minah seriously. “Is something wrong?”

“I’m fine.” She lied as she looked at him. “Just a bit tired.”

“Come to think of it have you been crying?” He asked as he held her chin up and moved her face around. “Minah, were a couple now. You can tell me when something is wrong…”

“Minah unnie!” He looked to the side as her friends came running over. “I heard about Hero running away, what are you gonna do?” Ji Hye asked concerned.

“Hero ran away?!” Byung Hun asked shocked.

“He didn’t run away…” Minah said as she looked at him. “He wouldn’t leave.”

“I told you about leaving the fence open.” Yae Eun stated as she looked at the way Byung Hun was with her. “It must have been your fault.”

“I said he didn’t run away!” She shouted at her. “I never leave the fence open and the only time he opens it is when he hears my voice! Someone went back there and took him.”

“Why would someone steal your dog?” Yae Eun asked as she looked at her. “You just don’t want to take the blame.”

“Yae Eun! She isn’t like that.” Ji Hye said in her defence.

Minah looked at Yae Eun and then grew frustrated, she left without another word. Byung Hun then looked at Yae Eun. “You’re the girl who asked Chunji out before correct?” She nodded and he sighed. “Look I would appreciate it if you would not upset my girl anymore. The fact that you’re her friend and you would be so mean at a time like this makes you look bad. Chunji doesn’t like fake people.” He stated before walking off.

Ji Hye clamped her hand over and gasped. “She’s dating L.Joe sunbae?! Too cute…only I wish I found out at a much happier time.”

Yae Eun was fuming. “Did he really just say that to me?!”

“You where mean.” Ji Hye said as she walked away.

><><><><><><><>< 

Hero was scratching at the lock on his new cage. The room was filled with sad whimpering dogs, somewhere hurt. He wasn’t one to quite, he knew he had to get back to Minah. The two were never separated for more than a day. The man from before walked into the room and hit a pipe against the wall causing all whimpers to seize. “Shut up!”

He walked down the aisles of cages looking at the dogs. When he stopped by Hero’s cage he starred him in the eyes. Hero walked back and got in a defensive position as he growled. “Stupid dog.” He said as he took the poll and poked him. Hero let out a loud bark and tried to claw at the man. He looked back at the guy following him. “We’ll use him today.”

“Alright Kang Bin sunbae.” The man took a muzzle and put it over Hero who struggled. He put the chain on his new colure and pulled him along. Hero tried to fight it but was dragged out anyway. They went down to a basement where some people where gathered. “I found my dog.” He said as another man stepped up with a bigger dog.

The guy let Hero go into the cage with the other one and as a whistle blew the bigger dog charged for Hero. He ran away but was cut by the dogs claw, he whimpered as his leg started to bleed. “Hey dog!” Kang Bin shouted at him. “Either you fight or I make sure you never make it home.”

Hero understood what those words meant, he was a smart dog. Without a choice he fought. It was hard since he was smaller but he managed to win, he had killed the other dog. Kang Bin collected his money and the loser left with the viewers. He ordered his men to get rid of the dead dog and brought Hero back to his cage. Hero was beat pretty bad so Kang Bin assumed he posed no threat. He took the muzzle off which gave Hero the chance to bite him in the leg.

Kang Bin grew furious and kicked Hero against the wall. He picked up one of his sticks and starred down at the dog. “You’ve been acting tough since I brought you here last night you little mutt. Time you learn your place!” He then proceeded to beat Hero.

After the beating Hero was put in his cage weak, he slowly tried to open the lock but after a few tries needed to rest. He let out a small whimper as he starred at his real colure hanging on a wall with the other stolen dogs. As he closed his eyes and fell asleep he dreamt of Minah.

Hero had come from an abusive owner when he was a puppy. He had three sibling but they didn’t make it out alive. After being saved from his owner he was put in a shelter which eventually closed down. They put the remaining dogs in a box and sat out side with them. Above the box read FREE DOGS.

Minah was small back then, she came out the store with her parents and grinned. “Umma, Appa can we pick out a do?!” Her eyes landed on Hero and she reached out, he rubbed his head against her hand and she giggled. “He’s perfect.”

The guy from the shelter smiled. “He’s a nice dog…he came from an abusive home. He actually had a few siblings but they weren’t able to be saved.”

“That’s so sad…” She said as she looked at her mother. “Can we keep him umma?”

“I don’t think that’s a good idea Minah…let’s go.” Her parents pulled her away and she looked at the box with a sad expression.

Hero heard the sound of her voice and peeked up through the box. She waved at him and he hopped up and followed her. They had went to the park where and her parents told her to go play while they chatted with some friends. Minah sat on the jungle gym with a book in her hands and read away. A boy slightly older stood by it and looked up. “Hey nerd!”

She looked down at him and rolled her eyes. “I’m talking to you!” He said and tossed a pebble her way. Minah looked down at the boy before she slowly climbed down and looked at him. “You think you’re too good to play with us huh? Every time you come here you go up there to read like you own the place.”

Minah plucked imaginary dirt out her ear and rolled her eyes once more. “Speak up fatty, I couldn’t hear you.”

“What was that?”

“You think you’re so big picking on me all the time. What did I ever do to you?! I come here and read minding my own business.”

He grew frustrated and pushed her down. “Shut up!” The boy grabbed her book and started tearing the pages. “Can’t read without a book can you.”

“Give it back!” She shouted as she swung at him.

He dropped the ruined book and whipped his lip to find blood. “Why did you go and hit me?” He shouted as he hit her back. She fell back and cut her arm on a broken part of the jungle gym. She grabbed her arm in pain and started to cry. His friends came over and pointed. “Aww..she’s crying.”

There was a small but strong bark. The boys looked around as Hero ran in front of Minah and stood in a defensive stance. “Look at the small dog coming to her rescue.”

He barked again and one of the guys threw a rock his way, Minah grew furious as it hit him. “Don’t hurt him!” She shouted as she tackled the leader down and hit him again. Hero then faced his two friends and let out a menacing growl to keep them back.

“Get her off of me!” He shouted.

“Minah!” Her mother ran over and pulled her off. “What is going on here.”

“They were trying to hurt the dog for saving me from them.” She said as she showed her arm. “He pushed me over and made me get a cut. But the small dog over there came over and guarded me!”

The boy wasted no time running off, his friends followed along. Her mother shook her head. “We should get you home and fix your arm up.”

“But umma what about the dog? He’s the one I saw in the box, he followed me so he must want to be my friend!”

Her father walked over after hearing what happened. “Well then we’ll take him home…someone so loyal to my princess should be there to guard her forever.”

“Yay!” She shouted in joy as she ran over to Hero and hugged him. “Come home with me boy! I have the best bed in the world and you can sleep in my room!”

He wasn’t used to such kind actions so naturally he was drawn to follow her. After patching up her arm her mother looked at Hero who just watched. “Well what do we call him?”

“HERO!” Minah shouted as she grinned. “I mean he followed me all the way to the park and saved me. Plus he survived a bad home…he’s had a hard life, kinda like DBSK’s Hero.” She giggled at the thought. “They both are tough, and they may seem hard on the outside but soft and kind inside.”

“Sounds nice.” Her father said with a smile.

She hopped off the couch and poked Hero’s nose. “From now on your name is Hero and you’re going to be my best friend!” She gave him a hug. “I love you Hero.”

The image went to her in the present day and him as well.

“Come here Hero!” He ran over to her and sat down before her with a wagging tail. “Bang!” She said as she pretend to shoot him, Hero let out a hurt noise and fell to the ground. He stopped moving and breathing. “Hero up.” He sat up and his tail wagged. “Hero shake.” He shook her hand and she smiled. “Hero kiss!” He jumped up, front paws landing on her chest he her in the face. She laughed as she started to pet him. “Good boy Hero! Were best friends right?” He let out a bark and she smiled.

“I love you boy…always and forever.”

His eyes opened and he looked at the tray of food in front of him. He couldn’t eat now, he moved it out the way with his nose and went back to trying to get the lock to open. Hero knew that out there Minah was worry about him, he missed her.

><><><><><><>< 

Byung Hun left school early and stood in front of a door. After ringing the doorbell he waited. “Yes?” Minah’s mom opened the door and looked at him shocked. “Byung Hun…shouldn’t you be in school?”

“Sorry to bother you Mrs. Park but I came here to ask if I could help with the search for Hero.”

“We can handle it…you really should be in school.”

“Please.” He said as he gave a pleading look. “Minah is so sad…I can’t focus on school work knowing something is bothering her so much.”

Her father came to the door and nodded. “Since you’re so determined I know something you can do.” He handed him bunch of Lost posters. “Hang these up in the main areas. Once your done go back to school. I’ll let you know if there is anything more you can do.”

He smiled as he took the papers. “Thank you sir.” He ran off in a hurry. *I’ll help you find Hero Minah…then you will smile again right?*

Minah sighed as she sat with her friends at lunch, her food went untouched.