Always Here For You

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ooJWpHSQ4hY&feature=related 

>Always Here For You<

When Byung Hun brought Minah home her parent’s car was in the driveway. Hero ran up to the door and he pushed her up the ramp with a sigh.

“Great…now I’m going to get in trouble.”

Minah giggled as she handed him her keys. “You’ll be fine, they probably forgot about their stupid rule anyways.” He took a deep breath and opened the door, pushing her inside she called out to her parents. “Umma, Appa I’m home!”

Her mother stepped out first with a smile. “Welcome home dear.” She said as she noticed Byung Hun. “I thought you were the one to help her escape.”

He rubbed his head nervously. “Yeah…I couldn’t really say know to her and Hero’s faces.”

“Come on in for dinner you two.”

He nodded and pushed Minah to the table in the kitchen. They noticed an unfamiliar face, he did what he normally does and pulled his chair by her wheel chair to sit next to her. After getting an okay everyone began making their plate, he tended to Minah before himself. Finally her dad spoke up.

“Minah…I know you probably don’t remember but this is Mr. Lee my old friend.”

“Mr. Lee…” She said as she thought about it. “I remember! He always brought the best presents to my birthday partys! Uncle Lee! It’s been so long!”

He nodded with a smile. “Glad you didn’t forget me. Sorry I haven’t visited in a long time but I had moved to America on business.”

“What brings you back here then?” She asked with a smile.

“I came because an old friend needed me to help his daughter.”

Minah froze at his words. *Help his daughter…Uncle Lee is a doctor isn’t he?* “Me?”

“That’s right. I’m here to make sure you can walk again.”

“How can you do that?” Byung Hun questioned.

“You are?”

“Sorry for the late introduction.” He dad said. “Jin Young this is my daughter’s boyfriend Lee Byung Hun. Byung Hun this is an old friend of mines Jin Young Lee.”

“Well Byung Hun this must have been hard for you. I’ve noticed that in a lot of my patients lives their boyfriends have a hard time getting used to them not being able to walk and needing the---“

“I’m fine with it.” Byung Hun stated a bit on edge. “She’s still Minah no matter what.”

Jin Young nodded with a smile. “That’s good to hear. Allow me to explain to you two kids in more detail.” He said as he stopped eating. “I can fix her damages nerves through surgery, it will be pretty long but she’ll be sleep through it all.”

Minah looked at him with hopeful eyes. “That sounds great! When can we do it---“

“What are the risks shes at with this surgery?” Byung Hun said as he sat up straight. “I know it’s really not in my place to ask but Minah has become so important to me. I need to be sure she’ll be okay. She should also know what could happen if you do fail.”

“Smart kid. If we fail then she could lose all chances of being able to walk again. She also is at risk of dying. I would have to be messing around her spinal area. One wrong move could be the one to end her.”

Minah’s eyes widened at the words, she hadn’t thought about that stuff. *I could die…*

Byung Hun noticed the change in her expression and grabbed her hand. “Are you alright?”

“Minah dear it’s your choice.” Her mother said gently. “We’ll do whatever you want.”

Minah slowly nodded. “We should do it.” She said as she squeezed Byung Hun’s hand. “Life is full of risks right?”

Jin Young nodded. The group spent the night talking about it. They decided to get it over with fast, so Sunday was the day of the procedure. Thanks to Jin Young’s care for Minah and her parents he was able to lower the cost.

><><><><><><>< 

The next day Minah laid in the hospital bed waiting for her time to go into the surgery room. She looked at the clock and looked around the room nervously.

*What if I die, then I’ll never be able to see my parents, Byung Hun and the guys again!* She shouted in her head as she looked around. “I can’t do this.” She said as she reached for the wheelchair. “I’ll tell them I want to go home.” She was panicking and as she lifted herself up she fell off the bed and the wheelchair was pushed back. “Ow.”

She laid on the floor as tears fell down her face. *I’m a coward…Byung Hun was talking about how I was strong but I’m weak. I can’t go through with this because I’m scared. I don’t want to die…I don’t want to take the risk.*

“Hey Minah I got you a little something to snack on before the surgery.” Byung Hun stopped when he opened the door and noticed her crying on the floor. “Minah ah what happened?!” He rushed over to her side dropping the snack and sitting down by her. He lifted her up and pushed her hair back. “Why are you crying?!”

“I’m scared Byung Hun ah…I just want to go home!”

“But they did all this for you. You can’t back out now.”

“I have to!” She said as she shook her head. “If I die then I’ll never see you guys again. I don’t care about walking. Please just take me home, Hero must be worried sick!”

“Minah.” Byung Hun said as he whipped her tears away. “Hero is fine…I told the guys to keep him company since he was upset when you left today. You have to go through the surgery. I know you well enough to know if you don’t you’ll regret it for the rest of your life. I’m scared as well.

If I lose you them my world will be over. You’ve had it rough since I spoke to you huh? I’ve caused you to lose a friend, hurt you by lying, and I even caused you to get into the accident that caused this dilemma haven’t I? Not once did you hate or resent me. I’m here for you so you don’t have to be afraid anymore.” He said seriously as he kissed her forehead. “I promise you’ll make it out of there okay, you’ll be able to walk again.”

“But how can you be so sure?” She asked as she hugged him. “I’m not even sure I can handle it!”

He rubbed her hair and gave a gentle smile. “I know this because you’re my girlfriend. You’re smart, strong, cute, and you’re not the type to just hide away from the world when you’re afraid. You take things head on with all you got. You can do it.”

Just then Jin Young and her parents came in. “Were ready for you now.” He stopped and looked at the two teens.

“What happened?” Her mother asked as she rushed over with her father. “Minah are you okay.”

She smiled and she nodded. “Yes umma, I just fell out of bed.”

Her father lifted her up and back onto the bed. “Are you ready sweetie?”

“Yes.” She said as she looked at Byung Hun. “Uncle Lee…can Byung Huns stay in there with me until I fall asleep?”

He nodded and smiled. “Sure thing.”

After waving to her parents Byung Hun grabbed her hand and walked with them to the surgery room. “Remember you’ll be fine.”

“I love you Byung Hun.”

“I love you too.”

Jin Young put the mask over her face as the others organized things. “Now…count back from 100 until you fall sleep.”

She nodded as she began counting. “100..99….97….96….”

“Just remember all the things that calm you.” Byung Hun whispered as he rubbed her head to relax her.

“95, 94, 93, 92.” Her eyes slowly started to close as she took his advice. “91…90…”

Byung Hun walked over to her desk and spoke in a soft tone. “Park Minah?”

She looked up at him, her face showed confusion. “Umm…Neh?”

“I think this belongs to you.” He held out her iPod.

She smiled as she gladly took it from him. “You found it! Kamsahamnida!” She exclaimed as she put it to her check. “I was sure it was lost forever!” She paused and then looked at him. “How did you know it belonged to me though?”

“I…kinda went through it and saw your photo…” Byung Hun said as he rubbed the back of his neck embarrassed. Chan Hee laughed which earned him a nudge from Byung Hun.

……

Standing there in front of a cop car was none other than Byung Hun and Min Soo. “What are they doing?”

“I brought someone who missed you.”

She stepped outside and starred as he opened the officers door. Hero stepped out and looked at her, she grinned as she ran to meet him. “HERO!” She shouted as she squatted down to pet him. “You’re okay! How did you find him?” She looked up at Byung Hun.

“By finding him.” He pulled Kang Bin out. “Meet Kang Bin…he’s been arrested on several occasions for stealing and buying dogs to use during dog fights.”

“The guys from the park…I knew it.”

“Now don’t you have something to say to her?” Byung Hun asked as he pushed him to the ground.

“I’m…sorry for stealing your dog kid.”

“What else?” He asked impatiently

“I’m also sorry for making you worry and cry so much. You are a very sweet kid and I am an evil man. Can I just go to jail already>?!” Kang Bin shouted annoyed. He didn’t like the fact that two kids scared and took him down.

Byung Hun nodded as he pushed him back in the car. He closed the door and tapped on it as the officer pulled off. Minah giggled as she looked at him. “How did you get a cop to agree to that.”

“I guess nobody can stop me when I’m determined about something.”

She smiled at him as she gave Hero another rub. “Thank you Byung Hun ah…you really are the best. You too C.A.P oppa!”

…..

“Hey Minah…can I kiss you?”

“W..What?!” She asked taken aback by the question, she blushed instantly.

“Can I kiss you?”

“Byung Hun ah you can’t just ask someone a question like that!” She scolded as she looked away. “Jeez…” Minah messed up her own hair and started mumbling to herself.

Byung Hun smiled as he walked over to her and got close to her face. “Why can’t I ask? I mean I’m your boyfriend right?” She moved back only to have him follow. Minah fell flat on the bed and Byung Hun cradled over her. “Please?”

Minah quickly closed her eyes and nodded. She knew if she actually said yes with words she would stutter. He examined her face before slowly planting a soft, quick kiss on her lips. When he pulled back she opened her eyes, Byung Hun wanted it to be more of a romantic kiss and went in for another. Both of them were captivated by the way it felt, the world seemed to freeze at that moment.

“Minah everything you’re thinking about is nothing to me. I don’t care if you can’t walk beside me, I can always CARRY you.

If you can’t dance with me I can dance FOR you, and if you can’t play with me in gym class I’ll find something that WE can do together.” He stated as he gave her check a soft kiss. “Because I love you and nothing in the world can change how I feel about you. Your my everything.”

Minah closed her eyes and smiled at his words. “You sound like someone straight off a romance movie…thank you.”

She smiled as she fell asleep. Jin Young nodded at Byung Hun. “You can go now.”

He nodded and after kissing her on the forehead he left the room. *Please be okay.* “I’ll wait for you.”