Strong

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0jhveq4RVc 

>Strong<

Byung Hun took a pack of Coke out the fridge and stuffed it in his bag. He then started shoving different snacks in it. Youngsoo watched him pack a bag full of junk food and shook his head. “If you’re running away that isn’t going to get you far.”

“I’m not running away you idiot. I’m going over to Minah’s to hang out. She hasn’t left the house at all since she came back from the hospital aside from school Her parents had to pull some extra shifts to pay off the hospital bills so her and Hero have been home alone a lot. I thought I could bring snacks and cheer them up.”

“That’s nice of you…to think that happy little girl can no longer walk.” Youngsoo said as he shook his head. “It just doesn’t seem right.”

*Tell me about it.* Byung Hun sighed as he walked past his brother. “I’m going to head out now Hyung before you kill my good mood. I’ll tell her you said hi.”

><><><><><><>< 

Minah sighed as she sat on the back porch, she watched Hero as he ran around the grass. A nice breeze flew by but her mood remained up phased. She looked down at her legs and poked them.

 *I keep thinking one day I’ll feel something…anything will do, even if it’s pain. I just hate not feeling them at all.* She pulled the wheelchair off the porch and slowly lifted herself onto it. She rolled over to Hero and took the ball from him. “Want to play fetch?” He wagged his tail and she cracked a smile. “Go for it boy!” She tossed the ball and watched him go.

She didn’t notice Byung Hun sneak in through the gate, he stopped in his tracks and watched her throw the ball for Hero. He smiled as he watched the two interact, Hero always knew how to cheer her up. He quietly walked up to her chair and gently laid his hands on her shoulders, her head slowly turned to him with a dark look. Byung Hun stepped back a bit afraid.

“What’s with the killer look?”

Her eyes slowly went back to normal. “When you hear nothing and suddenly someone touches your shoulders in your backyard you don’t really turn your head with a smile now do you?” She questioned as she turned the wheelchair fully around. “Next time let’s not try to scare me.”

Byung Hun laughed at her comment. “I didn’t know I would scare you. So how is everything going today?”

“Very boring.” Minah said as she pouted. “There isn’t anything to do. Can you take me and Hero to the park Byung Hun ah?” She asked with big eyes.

“I don’t know…your parents told me you aren’t allowed to leave the house when they weren’t allowed.”

“They won’t know.” She said as she went over to him, Hero followed suite. Both gave him there cutest looks ever. “Pwease?”

He looked back at his bag of treats and then rubbed his neck nervously. *I was planning on just watching some movies…aish.* “Alright, we can go to the park if that’ll make you happy Minah ah.”

“Yay!” She cheered and gave a fist pump.

He rolled his eyes and put on his bag, after making sure she had everything she needed he grabbed the handles to her wheelchair and pushed her along. The streets where busy since it was a Saturday. Minah smiled as she looked around at all the activities, it was refreshing. After arriving at the park Minah pointed to the swings with a grin. Byung Hun couldn’t say no to her and nodded, he pushed her over and lifted her up onto the swing.

She held on as he went behind her and gently pushed her. Hero was enjoying the big space so he was running around playing with the few kids that where there. Minah took in a deep breath and smiled.

“Feels so good to be someplace other than home and school. The wheelchair has become quit the problem for me.”

“Everything will get easier once you get the hang of getting around in it.” Byung Hun said as he starred up at the sky and continued to push her. “Many people give up in these situations…but you seem to be trying to go on with life. My girlfriend is so strong.”

She sighed as she looked back at him through the corner of her eyes. “You know there is so many things I won’t be able to do with you because of this thing right Byung Hun ah?”

“Like what?”

“I won’t be able to dance with you, walk alongside you anymore. Participate in gym class, and other things.” She said with a small blush.

“Other things?” Byung Hun thought about it for a second. “I don’t know what you mean Minah.”

“You know…what Jung Hee can do.”

He froze at her words and stopped pushing her. *Really? Why is she thinking about that?* Byung Hun let out and award laugh. “Why don’t we focus on that stuff latter on when it matters?” He asked as leaned over her and hugged her. “Minah everything you’re thinking about is nothing to me. I don’t care if you can’t walk beside me, I can always CARRY you.

If you can’t dance with me I can dance FOR you, and if you can’t play with me in gym class I’ll find something that WE can do together.” He stated as he gave her check a soft kiss. “Because I love you and nothing in the world can change how I feel about you. Your my everything.”

Minah closed her eyes and smiled at his words. “You sound like someone straight off a romance movie…thank you.”

He nodded and then whispered in her ears. “Besides I hear a lot of people in wheelchairs work around the difference in bed. Shall we hurry home and test it out?”

She blushed at his words and pushed him away. “Byung Hun ah! That wasn’t funny!” Minah shouted as she covered her red face.

He laughed from his spot on the ground. “You were the one who brought it up.”

“I did didn’t I?” Minah said as she shook her head. *Now I seem like some kind of ert or something…it’s not like I go around thinking about that stuff on a day to day basis.*

Byung Hun rolled his eyes at her deep expression. “Drink this.” He said as he handed her a Coca-Cola bottle from his bag. “Eat this as well.” He handed her a small Tasty Cake and grinned her way. “I brought all your favorite sweets today.”

“Thank you!” She said as she did as instructed.

The two enjoyed the nice weather as they ate and talked about anything random that crossed their minds. It was nice to see Minah not focusing on her legs and wheelchair and feeling normal for a bit. Byung Hun was glad he could get her minds off of things, and he was proud she was a fighter and didn’t give up.

><><><><><><><>< 

Minah’s father looked at the x-rays as his friend pointed to him. “The procedure would involve us working around this area to try and fix her damaged nerves. If we can fix them she would be able to walk and after therapy sessions she would be back to the old Minah you knew before the accident.”

Her father nodded as he looked at him. “What are the chances of failure and what are the chances?”

“Well…if we fail then she could lose all chances of being able to walk again. She would also die if the procedure goes wrong.”

“Die?” Her mother said as she held her hand up to her lips with a gasp.

“Yes…she will be out of it for a while and in some cases the patient’s heart fails.” He spoke honestly, he saw the look in their eyes and put his hand on her father’s shoulder. “I’m your friend…I promise I won’t lose her through this.”

Her dad looked up at him and nodded. “You can come over for dinner tonight and we can all talk about it with her.”

“Alright.”