Mind Set on One

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dnEkb1KzfAM 

>Mind Set on One<

The day seemed to go by slower than normal. The lunch room was full of chatter and commotion. Minah entered with her lunch and looked around until she spotted Yae Eun, Ji Hye, and Taemin sitting at a table talking to one another. She glanced out the door and contemplated whether or not she should make up and excuse to go to the guys or just sit with the girls…and Taemin. Taemin wasn’t a bad guy but she felt a bit uneasy around him.

Deciding not to run she walked over to the table and sat down by Ji Hye. Taemin and Yae Eun sat across from them. “Glad you could make it.” Yae Eun started with a smile. “I was starting to think you ditched up for L.Joe sunbae.”

“I don’t ditch my friends.” She said simply as she started to eat.

Ji Hye nodded as she looked at her. “So how is everything in couple land? I’ve noticed you and sunbae have been very close. If I didn’t know any better I’d say you two were made for each other.”

Yae Eun rolled her eyes. “You think? I always thought Minah was the type of girl who would fall for someone like Taemin oppa. He’s tall, he can dance, he can sing, he’s sweet, not scary at all, and---“

“If he’s so perfect why don’t you date him?” Minah mumbled.

“Excuse me?”

“I said if he’s so perfect why don’t you date him?” She repeated the question louder, both girls gave each other challenging glares. “Oh wait…my mistake it must be because he isn’t your precious Chunji oppa!” She said in a mocking tone.

“Watch it.” Yae Eun hissed as she got closer to her face. “Wouldn’t want that big mouth of yours getting you into any trouble would you?”

Taemin could feel the tension and laughed a bit. “Come on now girls…your friend’s right?”

“On and off.” Minah stated bluntly as she looked away. “I don’t make it a habit of letting fake friends stay on my good side for too long.”

“Who you calling fake? You get yourself a boyfriend and ditch the rest of us like yesterday’s trash!”

“You stopped speaking to me. Jealousy is an ugly color to be Yae Eun.”

Yae Eun didn’t want to play nice anymore, she stood up and slammed her hands onto the table causing everyone’s eyes to shoot their way. “Look at you acting all high and mighty. You always make it sound like you know everything…”

“Yae Eun!” Ji Hye shouted at her. “Keep it down…you’re gonna do something you’re going to regret.”

“Like what?” She noticed the attention and after letting out a few breaths she sat down.

Minah sighed as she stood up. “Now I see why you wanted me to sit here. You wanted me to hear all the amazing points Taemin has correct? Your so upset that me and Byung Hun ssi are dating that your trying to make me mess things up and go with Taemin. News flash Yae Eun…not every female changes her mind like the seasons. I have my mind set on who I like…nothing is going to change that.”

“Isn’t that cute.”

Minah looked back and her eyes landed on Chan Hee. “What are you doing in here?”

“I came to deliver this.” He held out a milkshake and grinned. “L.Joe was going to do it himself but he didn’t want to make it seem like he was keeping an eye on you or anything. Too bad to, he would have loved to hear that line.”

He walked over and handed her the milkshake. Chan Hee then looked over at Yae Eun with a bored expression. “Yae Eun…”

“Yes?” She asked with a huge smile.

“That’s the thing I hate most about you.”

“W…What?” She looked shocked by his words.

“I value friendship…you abuse it. I can’t be with a girl who uses her friends to fill in her own insecurities. The sad thing is Minah could have actually helped you in the long run.” Chan Hee turned to leave. “You can still sit with us for the rest of the period.”

Minah looked back at the sad Yae Eun, she sighed and bowed. “I’ll see you around Ji Hye. Bye Taemin oppa…Yae Eun.” She ran to Chan Hee’s side and the two left together.

“That blew up in your face.” Taemin said with an amused smile. “She’s so loyal…L.Joe is so lucky!”

“It’s not over yet.” Yae Eun said as she looked at him. “You said you would do anything to get her to be yours. I still have more tricks.”

Taemin blinked at her, he looked innocent naturally. “What else could you possibly try?”

Ji Hye looked at her seriously. “Yae Eun…if something happens and the two of them break up because of you two that isn’t going to make Chunji sunbae like you. As your friend nad cousin I’m asking you to give it a rest.”

“No…I don’t lose out to anyone.”

><><><><><><><>< 

Chan Hee had told the guys about the scene he witnessed. The guys congratulated Minah on her words and Byung Hun grinned. She rolled her eyes as she shipped her smoothie. It was embarrassing that Byung Hun knew she said that.

“Don’t be quite.” Byung Hun said as he wrapped his arm around her. “I knew I choose right!”

“Shut up will you?” Minah said as she turned away. *Pabo.*

He laughed at her as he leaned back and looked up at the sky. “Man…if guys are going to start coming out of the blue asking you to be there I need to step my game up huh?”

“What does that mean?” Chang Hyun said as he drank his on milkshake. “Noona already said she liked you and wouldn’t change her mind. Why do working extra hard to keep what you already have.”

“You’re so young.” Chan Hee said as he pinched his cheeks. “What he’s saying is he needs to make sure there is no chance that will change. Let’s face it, as humans we often change our minds about a lot of things…the people we want to be around is one of those things.” He pointed out with a smile. “It’s natural for him to be on the defense.”

“He has nothing to worry about.” Minah said as she poked him in the side. “He plays the piano, knows what I like, puts up with my embarrassing childish behavior, Hero and my parents like him, AND he’s good at math. Who can top that?”

“I knew you only like me for my mad math skills.” He said as he laughed. “Let’s hope the skills rubbed off on you, tomorrow we get the test results back.”

“I know…I’m so nervous!” She said as she threw her hands up. “If I failed then it means…staying after school every day!”

“Wow…” Chan Hee said as he rolled his eyes. “Maybe I should have left her in the cafeteria.”

“Not funny!” She said as she shoved him.

“Who are you shoving.” Chan Hee said as he started messing up her hair.

“Ricky help me!”

“Hyung your messing up her hair!” Chang Hyun said as he tried to free her from Chan Hee. “Quick Jong Hyun help!”

“No way…I’m staying out of this.” Jong Hyun said as he shook his head at the immature noona, and hyung. He understood Chang Hyun since he was always so childish.

Byung Hun watched in amusement. He knew that she meant no harm when she would get close to his friends, it just showed that she was comfortable around them which was good for him. At that moment all thoughts of Taemin left his mind, he was no longer worried about him.