The iPod

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlruBjfjLtc 

>The iPod<

The school bell rung signaling the start of the day, students slowly made their way to their class while trying to get in their last conversations with their friends. Minah sighed as she walked behind a group of girls gossiping, they were walking slowly and she didn’t like it. With a pout she tried to look over the taller girls shoulders.

“Why does everyone walk so slow when it’s time to go to class?” She questioned allowed and blew air into her cheeks. *If I’m late to class these girls are going to hear it from me.*

“What’s with the pouty face?” She looked up as her friend caught up to her, she then pointed to the girls ahead. “Ah, slow walkers again. I don’t see why you’re always in a rush to get to class.”

“Yae Eun…getting to class on time means I won’t get marked down for being late. You know I don’t like being late to any of my classes.” She stated as she finally stopped by a door, she let out a dramatic sigh. “I thought they were never going to get out of the way!”

Ji Hye her other friend gave her a playful shove. “Don’t be so dramatic unnie!” She said with a giggle. “We’ll catch up for lunch!” She called out as her and Yae Eun separated.

Minah laughed as she entered the loud classroom and sat down in her corner by the window. She didn’t know anybody in the 3rdyear class like she was, at least not well enough to want to actually talk to them. The few friend she had where underclassmen, she was the oldest. Her earphones were in her ear as she read some more of the book the class was assigned to read.

Byung Hun was sitting with his friend Chan Hee when he spotted Minah enter the class room. He sat up straight and watched her walk over to her desk, she wore her usual expression. Many students thought she looked unapproachable but he thought she just looked shy or intimidated being alone. Chan Hee was going on about a date he had last night when he noticed his friends lost interest.

“L.Joe are you even listening?” He asked, after getting no response he followed his gaze to Minah and then smiled. “If you keep starring at her someone is bound to find out.”

“Bwoh?” Byung Hun turned to his friend and gave a confused look.

“I said keep starring at her and someone is bound to find out.” He stated once more before he chuckled. “I don’t see why you don’t just talk to the girl. She’s rarely seen with any guys, and the few guys she does know she doesn’t actually hang out with. I bet you she’s single and ready to mingle.”

He rolled his eyes at his friends comment. “That’s such a corny thing to say. Besides you can’t just go up to a girl and say “Hey, I was staring at you from across the classroom for days now and I wanted to tell you I really like you, please do out with me.”” Byung Hun sat back in his chair with a sigh.

The late bell rung and the teacher walked in. Chan Hee laughed as he turned around. “Of course I didn’t mean let her know about you stalking her.”

“Good morning class.” The teacher said as everyone stood up and bowed.

When they sat back down Byung Hun stole another glance at Minah. She was writing down notes but you could tell she wasn’t really paying attention, first period was math and it was a well-known fact that she hated the subject deeply. Minah would focus for as long as her attention span would let her but then her mind would wander. He turned his head back to the bored and sighed.

Towards the end of the class the teacher held a stack of papers. “I graded last weeks tests. Some of you I am really proud of your progress while others seem to be falling more behind.” She said as she went down the rows, Chan Hee looked at his grade and grinned.

“B…not bad…”

She smiled as she handed Byung Hun his paper. “As always good job!”

“Another A?” Chan Hee guessed, he received a nod and scoffed. “I’ll beat you next time.”

The bell rung and after standing up and bowing once more the class started to leave, as Minah packed her bag the teacher walked over to her desk. Byung Hun noticed it and pretended to he was still packing.

“Hurry up.” Chan Hee said as he watched him. “We’re going to be late.”

“Go on without me.”

“If you say so.”

Once his friend was gone he focused on the conversation between the math teacher and Minah.

“That’s the fourth F this week Minah…I thought tutoring was helping you.”

“It does…but when I get the test I go blank and forget everything.” She admitted as she gave a sad expression. “I mean I just don’t understand how I can get it but then confuse myself so bad.”

The teacher sighed as she stood up. “I’ll assign a student to tutor you more…without this class you can’t graduate. You can go now.”

Minah nodded as she left with her head down, she didn’t noticed that her iPod fell out of her pocket. Byung Hun tossed his bag over his shoulders and quickly picked it up, and ran out the door behind her. When he got out the door he saw her and her two friends walking away. “Unnie is really bad at math huh?”

“Wait until you show your parents. I remember the last time your mother was so sad about it. Then again that’s better than getting yelled at like my parents do.”

“Yae Eun, that’s because both your parents are math teachers. You failing is kind of like saying they can’t teach math.” Minah pointed out with a laugh. “Too bad you can’t tutor me.”

Ji Hye laughed and nodded. “Yeah Minah unnie, Yae Eun ssi might make you fail even worse. Imagine getting a 0 on your math test.”

“That’s not funny!” Yae Eun said as she glared at her friend. “Not like you do any better with numbers.”

It came around time for lunch and Minah sat down at the usual table with her lunch tray opened. She dug in her pocket to get her iPod and noticed it was empty. With wide eyes she checked her bad and then her blazer. “Oh no!”

“Something wrong?” Ji Hye said as she starred at her with interest.

“I lost my iPod!” She shouted as she took all the things out her bag. “It must have fell out in class.”

“Let’s go look for it.” Ji Hye said as her and Yae Eun stood up.

Yae Eun sighed as she close up her lunch. “I didn’t even get a chance to eat…”

The girls exited the Cafeteria in a rush.

Byunghun and his friends sat outside on a bend by the track field. He had an Minah’s iPod in his hands and the earphones plugged into his ears. She had a lot of music on there he like, the fact that she had so many Big Bang songs was a bonus for him. Chang Hyun looked at the device in his hand and pointed to the cupcake case which read “Hello Cupcake!”.

“When did you decorate your iPod with cupcake’s hyung?”

“It’s not mines.”

“Bwoh?” He said as he dropped his chopsticks and looked at the older male. “Hyung, don’t tell me you stole…and from a girl none the less!” Byung Hun flicked his forehead. “Ow…hyung that really hurt!”

“That’s what you get for accusing me of stealing. It’s Park Minah’s.”

“How did you get ahold of that?” Chan Hee asked as he looked over at him curious.

“She dropped it after class…”

Daniel sat up and looked at him. “So when are you going to give it back to her Hyung?”

“Tomorrow I guess.” He said as he closed his eyes and rested back on the bleachers.

Jong Hyun looked at the guys and smirked. “He’s like a shy school girl…afraid to talk to the one he has a crush on.”

“I know, hyung is such a chicken.” Chang Hyun stated.

“If only the girls new that bad boy L.Joe was really a softie.” Chan Hee said as he ran his tounge across his bottom lip.

The bell rung and all the boys got up together to leave.

><><><><><><>< 

When Minah got home she tossed her backpack on her bed and plopped down next to it. “I can’t believe I lost my iPod…all my music was on there. What if a creep at school picked it up and went through my photos? I knew I should have put a password on that thing.” She rolled over on her bed and looked up at her Amber Liu poster.

“Amber unnie…what do I do?” She questioned, of course no reply came so she sat up and opened her backpack. “No time to mop about it Minah, you have to get your homework done.”

Meanwhile Byung Hun was at home still inspecting the contents of the iPod. He learned Minah loved taking pictures, she had a small wolf dog named Hero, and a few siblings. She resembled her parents (mainly her mother) and she didn’t wear a lot of makeup.

“Byung Hun I brought home takes out.” His brother said while peeking in the room. “New iPod?”

“There is a such thing called knocking.” He said as he sat up. “Just an iPod I found.”

“Ah, you know who it belongs to?” His brother sat down on his bed and grabbed the iPod, he saw the photo he was looking at and smiled. “She’s cute, someone from class?”

“Yeah…Park Minah.”

“You know going through this is like an invasion of the poor girls privacy…she might think your creepy.” The comment was made in a playful manner but agitated him.

“Nobody asked you for your thoughts anyways!”

“Alright alright.” He said as he went for the door laughing. “Hurry before the food gets cold.”

Byung Hun starred at the closed door before sliding the iPod in his bag. *He always has to in…*