Tutor

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WIbUNfg_wmM&feature=related 

>Tutor<

Minah sat at her desk and took out her current manga book she was reading. It was MeruPuri by Matsuri Hino. Byung Hun and Chan Hee walked into the class room and spotted her reading. Both boys walked over to her desk and sat down in the seats by her, Byung Hun to her right and Chan Hee in the front. Chan Hee was the first to speak up.

“MeruPuri? Shojo Manga…isn’t that a bit too boring?”

She peer at him through the top of her book, only her eyes were exposed. “Are you making fun of Shojo Chan Hee oppa?”

“Girls who read that are left with this fairy tale version of relationships and love. It doesn’t do anything good for females, it just makes it harder for guys like us to try and be good boyfriends.”

“Not true!” She said as she set the book down and closed her eyes in thought. “Sure Shojo makes relationships seem perfect but many of them have strong female leads that are smart and down to earth. MeruPuri is led by beautiful Airi who cherishes the thought of a first kiss and wants to find her soul mate so she doesn’t waste time with others.” Minah grinned as she looked at him.

“Then you have cute little Aram who is nobility and likes being treated normal by her. His brother places a curse on him that turns him into an adult when he’s in the dark. He likes Airi and wants nothing more but to be her soul mate and stay by her side. Even though he’s a kid he wants to protect her and keep her safe. Only a kiss from his maiden will turn him back to his true form and that’s were Airi comes in.”

“So then Airi is a pedofile.” Chan Hee stated bluntly.

“Oh…” Minah stopped talking and blinked a few times. “I never actually thought about things like that.” She said as she looked down at the book. “NO SHE ISNT A PEDOFILE!” Minah shouted causing the kids in class to stare at her.

“Okay okay…sheesh.” He said as he rolled his eyes. “I didn’t mean to upset you…”

She noticed the class looking at her and then shrunk in her seat just a bit. “I didn’t mean to yell…” They all shrugged it off and continued their conversations. “What brings you two over here anyway?”

“L.Joe thought it would be nice to sit with you. I mean you look like some lone wolf over here by yourself reading and listening to your iPod. Every thought about making friends your own age so you aren’t alone in class all the time?”

“I’m always alone.” She stated with a soft smile. “It’s just the way things turn out…but I’m fine with it.”

Byung Hun saw the look in her eyes and the comment confused him. How could she spend time with her friends but say she’s always alone. “Well how about we end your loneliness for class time.” He stated as she turned to face him. “After all we are friends right?”

“I guess so.” She said, she thought for a moment before smiling. “So then…that means I can copy from you guys right?” She semi joked.

Chan Hee rolled his eyes as the teacher walked in. “Yeah right…maybe if you didn’t zone out in class you could help yourself.” He smiled before turning around.

Minah pouted as she stuck her tongue out at him. “Meanie.”

Byung Hun laughed as he faced forward as well. “You could always cheat off me…I’m smarter.”

“Alright guys…today I thought I would give you some light group work.” The teacher said as she went to the board. “So do the work on and turn it in at the end of the period.” She said as she started writing.

*Just my luck.* Minah said with a sigh. *I was kidding when I said I wanted to cheat off them…working with them will only show that in order to get a good grade I need help.* “Pabo…pabo…pabo.” She repeated.

Chan Hee looked at her as he turned his desk around. “Looks like she lost it…”

“What are you doing?” Byung Hun questioned as he opened her book up to the right page for her and then his. “We should get started on this work.”

“I don’t think you two want to work with me.” She said a bit uneasy.

“Why not?” Byung Hun asked as he put his hand to his heart and pretended to be hurt. “Is our friendship over that quick?”

“No…but I’m the worst at math in the class…” She said as she looked at him. “I don’t want you guys to know how stupid I am.” Both boys blinked three times before breaking out into laughter. Minah blushed and grew embarrassed. “I wasn’t saying that to be funny guys! If you’re going to make fun of me then at least wait til I’m not around!”

“We’re not making fun of you.” Byung Hun said as he patted her head. “Were laughing because we wouldn’t think your stupid…sometimes people are bad at what others are good at. Doesn’t mean there stupid…they just need a little help.”

Minah’s heart began beating faster, the way Byung Hun said that and the way he was smiling was captivating. *He has a nice smile…* “Fine…but don’t blame me when I drag you guys down.”

Byung Hun and Chan Hee spent the period explaining each problem to Minah. She was able to understand a few of them but many problems they had to do for her. The bell finally rung and Chan Hee stood with a stretch. Minah slowly began packing, math always made her feel bad.

“That was the longest period ever.” He said as he looked down at the two. “I’m going on ahead so I can stop by the snack machine.”

They nodded at him as he left. Byung Hun began helping her pack her bags. “That wasn’t too bad…”

“Who are you kidding? It was horrible…I was working way to slow.”

The teacher walked over to the two and smiled. “I checked your paper Minah and it looks like you got them all right. Either you guys work really well together or you copied off of them.”

“I was able to explain many of the problems to her.” Byung Hun stated as he looked at her. “Towards the end she was behind and the bell was about to ring so I told her to copy the rest of the problems so she wouldn’t get another bad grade.” He said honestly.

She nodded as she grinned. “Well then since you two get along so well together I am officially making you her tutor.”

“Huh?!” They both said in unison.

“I’m sure he has other things to do…like hang out with his friends.” Minah said as she looked at the teacher. “I don’t want to take away from his free time.”

He thought for a moment before nodding. “Actually I don’t mind. I always hang out with the guys…so it would be nice to do something constructive for a change.” He nodded as he looked at the teacher. “Count me in.”

“Good good…” She said as she thought for a second. “So if she passed her next test I’ll give you both twenty extra points for your final grade…and for tutoring her you can have a weeks’ worth of free homework passes. You can do what you want with them.”

He nodded and she left the two alone. Minah put her book bag on and they both left together. “Thank Byung Hun ssi. Now I’ll be waiting your free time as well.”

“Don’t worry about that…write down your address and I can come over today to tutor you..”

“My place?” She questioned as she thought back to her room with all the manga scattered about. “O..Okay.” She said as she did as instructed and handed him the paper. *I’ll move everything before he gets there.*

><><><><><><>< 

When the day was over Byung Hun told her he would run home and do some things beforehand. Minah ran inside her house and straight up to her room ignoring her parents. “Welcome home hunny!” Her mom called up the steps.

Her father came out of the living room and starred upstairs. “Hm? What’s she in a rush for? Did her package come?”

“Not yet.” Her mother said as she dried the plate in her hand. “You know how teenagers are.”

He chuckled and nodded. “She’s does always have energy to spare.”

Minah barged in her room and looked around at the mess, the room was neat but she had drawings, manga, anime dvd’s. In a rush she started shoving things in their rightful places, her book shelf was the worst. *Should I cover it with a sheet so he doesn’t see how many books I own. Jeez I must look like a nerd or something..wait a second pabo, how can you be a nerd but get bad grades?*

She shook the thought out of her head and got to work. Not too long the door bell rung, her mother walked over to it and opened it up. She gasped at the sight of a boy standing before her. Byung Hun was shocked as well, Minah resembled her mother a lot.

“Hello…I’m here to tutor Minaha.”

“Tutor Minah…come in.” She said as she stepped aside, after taking off his shoes he looked around the clean house and smilled.

*Nice place…*

“Who was it yobeo?” Her father walked in and looked at Byung Hun. “Minah’s friend?”

“Yeah.”

“It’s been awhile since she had someone over. I’ve never seen her invite a guy though.”

“I’m here to tutor her.” He said, he didn’t want him getting in wrong ideas.

Minah’s dad laughed as he waved him over. “So you’re gonna save our daughter form failing math?” Byung Hun walked over to her father who led him to the living room couch. You’re taking on a big challenge here boy.” He joked as he looked at him. “So who are you?”

“I’m Lee Byung Hun…”

“Lee Byung Hun…” Her mother clapped her hands with a smile. “Like the famous actor!”

“Yeah…” He said with a forced smile. *There’s the reason why everyone calls me L.Joe…* “Is Minah home?”

“Yeah, she ran up to her room…I bet she’s up there hiding anything embarrassing so you don’t see.” Her father said with a chuckle. “My daughter is so weird.”

“I should go make some snakes!” Her mother said with a warm smile. “I have a feeling we might be seeing a lot of you.”

A big dog ran over to him, the dog was easily noted as Hero. He had black fur and a trial of white going down his back. Hero looked at Byung Hun and then threw his front paws on the sort male. He then began his all over his face.

“Hero!” Her father shouted with a laugh. “Looks like he likes seeing Minah’s friends as well.”

Byung Hun laughed as he tried to free himself. “It’s nice to meet you as well Hero.” He said as he finally got the down to calm down. Hero held his paw out, he was confused but held the dogs hand only for him to shake. “How polite.”

“Minah loves teaching him manners…she trained him really well.”

“I see…”

Minah heard her parents talking to someone. “He must be here…wait a second…he’s talking to them?!” She ran down the steps to the living room and spotted her father with a book. Her eyes widened in panic. *Not the old photos.* “Byung Hun ssi!” She shouted, both of them looked up at her.

“Hey Minah.” He said with a smile.

“Ah there’s my kid.” Her father said as he held the book up. “I was just about to show your friend some old photos.”

“But he’s supposed to be tutoring me.” She said calmly as she waved him over. “Come on… don’t let him show you anything.” She whispered to him.

He laughed with a nod. “Maybe next time them Mr. Park.” Byung Hun said, her father nodded as the two went up to her room. He looked around her clean room. On the walls were posters of groups like SNSD, F(x), Super Junior, SHINee, Beast and many more including anime. He also noted the anime dvd collection she had by the television. Her book case was covered up.

“Alright…I guess we can start with the homework.” She said as she plopped down on her bed. She pointed to her desk. “You can use the desk.”

“All right…so I’ll work on my history report and you let me know when you need me to explain something to you.” He got to work and a few seconds later glanced at Minah who was staring at the text book. “What is it?”

“I need help with number one.”

“New plan.” He said as he moved the chair to the bed. “We’ll go through all the problems…together.”

“Okay…”

The two spent hours working on her math homework. Finally done she laid back on her bed and let out a long sigh. He watches her with interest. “That took forever.” She starred up at the wall and then grabbed the soda bottle her mother brought up. “What time is it?”

“It’s six.”

“Not bad timing…”

Byung Hun examined her room more and spotted the piano in the far cornor. “You play piano?”

She sat up and then shook her head. “No…it was one thing I wanted to learn but couldn’t get the hang of. Without a teacher I can’t learn on my own.”

He walked over to the piano and sat down by it. “Mind if I test it out.”

“If you want.” She said with a shrug as she began cleaning up her school supplies.

Byung Hun started to play Yurima’s Kiss The Rain. Minah stopped what she was doing and sat down on the floor by the piano. She watch him play, he looked so focused, calm and relaxed. When the song ended she clapped. He looked down at her and blushed.

“I…I should head out.” He said as he stood up and grabbed his bag, he usually didn’t play the piano in front of anybody so he was a bit embarrassed. He forgot to zip his bag up and his things fell out. *Smooth L.Joe…* He said as he tried to pick them up fast.

Minah crawled over and helped him. They walked downstairs and after saying bye to her parents and Hero she walked him to the door, both of them stood on the porch. “I didn’t know you could play the piano.”

“That was nothing…”

“It was amazing…I love Yurima.” She stated as she looked at him. “Maybe…you could teach me the piano one day.”

He nodded with a soft smile. “That sounds like a plan. Guess what?”

“What?”

“You don’t seem as nervous around me as you first did. Guess you warmed up to me huh?”

She smiled and nodded. “I guess I did…I feel comfortable around you. Get home safely Byung Hun ssi.”

He nodded and walked off. “Good night.”

“Good night.” She said as he slowly disappeared. *Why are you so easy to like…Byung Hun…* She sighed as she went inside and shut the door.