A Sad Reunion

Where's Ma Girl?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERlWKVCv6js 

>A Sad Reunion<

Byung Hun had fallen asleep by Minah’s side. He was holding her hand as his head rested face down on the covers. Slowly her fingers moved a bit, after they stopped her eyes opened. Minah looked around the room and slowly sat up. The movement caused Byung Hun to wake as well, he noticed her up and smiled.

“Minah!” He jumped up and held her hands out. “I’ll call someone in!” His words were fast, his excitement was easy to see. Minah didn’t move, she starred down confused. He pressed a button and looked back at her, seeing the look on his face he paused. “What is it?”

“I…I can’t feel my legs.” She said as she looked up at him seriously. “Byung Hun ah I can’t feel my legs!”

“What do you mean you can’t feel your legs?! Your fine…the doctors said they made sure to fix everything. Maybe there just still sleep.”

Her parents came in with the doctor. “Minah dear!” Her mother ran to her side and hugged her. “I knew you would wake up one day…my baby!”

“Umma!” She shouted as she started to cry. “Why can’t I feel my legs? What’s going on?!”

The doctor stepped in and looked at her. “You can’t feel them?” He took out a small tool and tapped her knee, no response was a bad thing. “I should take you in for some test.” The nurse who followed behind nodded and pulled her away.

Her father grabbed the doctor and glared at him. “I thought you and your team went in and fixed everything?! Tell me my daughter will be fine!”

“She had a lot of damage to her spin. Worst case scenario is she will never walk again. Now it’s best you let me go do my job.”

Byung Hun was shocked at what he heard. “What does he mean? She wouldn’t just wake up to lose her walking ability would she? I mean how is she supposed to get around? Or play with Hero?”

“She’ll be fine.” Her father said with a sad face. “She’s my daughter…she’ll be fine no matter what.”

><><><><><><><><><><><>< 

“Welcome home Minah.” Minah’s mom said as she opened the door for her, Minah looked around the empty house. “Should I make you something to eat?”

She shook her head and looked away. “Come on baby, you need something.” Her father said as he put his hands on the wheel chair and pushed her along to the kitchen. “Just wait here.”

She didn’t speak, as her parents busied themselves with food she rolled herself to the living room. Minah looked around for the remote and spotted it high on the mantel. She reached up for it, grabbing the edge she tried to inch up a bit more. Before she could roll away the mantal collapsed sending some things crashing down on her. Her parents ran in concern to see her staring at the mess.

She whipped her tears away not knowing they were watching. She reached down and went to clean up but couldn’t put the mantel back up like she normally would. Minah squeezed the fabric of her pants and cried, she felt helpless.

Byung Hun and Hero stood outside their door, he sighed as he looked at Hero. “I know I told you a few weeks ago that Minah was okay. She won’t be able to do some things with you so you have to bear with her. His eyes traveled to the ramp they had put in the front for her chair when she came home.  He slowly opened the door and peeked in. “Sorry I’m late.”

“Come in dear.” Her mother said as she opened the door up all the way.

Hero sniffed the air and ran into the living room. A faint laugh could be heard and they walked in to see Hero Minah’s face. It was the first time she smiled since she woke up. She looked back at Byung Hun and waved.

“Thanks for taking care of him.”

“Anytime…” He said as he sat down on the couch, her mother left to give them privacy. “How are you holding up?”

“How am I holding up? I can’t walk Byung Hun ah.” She stated as she kept starring at Hero. “It’s like there not even there anymore…it must be punishment.” Minah laughed sarcastically. “I mean I was mean to you…maybe god is telling me that this is what I get for doubting someone who cares for me so much.”

“Minah!” Byung Hun scolded as he looked at her. “How could you say that?! You know he doesn’t work like that. There must be some reason behind this accident. Besides the doctor didn’t say you would never be able to walk again.”

“Your right but her never said I would!” She looked away angry. “How am I going to get around at school? What is everyone going to say?” Minah asked aloud as she shook her head. “I don’t want to be the one everyone looks down on because of a disability. I want things to go back to the way they were before! Yae Eun…this is her fault.” She said as her expression softened. “It’s my fault.”

“Dinner is ready kids.”

Byung Hun went to push her chair but she left first. “I can do it myself.”

Dinner was quiet for the most part. Her parents explained how they had something put in the stairs so she would just have to sit in the foldout chair and it will go up for her. Up and downstairs her wheelchairs were waiting. They also talked about how they notified the school and they are making preparations for her. With the most recent news she didn’t even care how long she was in the comma, she was just hoping to wake up and find out it was just one big dream.

Life isn’t that easy though….

The next day she was dropped off by her parents. As she entered the school with Byung Hun the students starred, she pulled her hood over her head and let him push her along. He was on his way to meet up with the guys at Chan Hee’s locker when he spotted a snake.

“Yae Eun.”

“That’s so funny Niel oppa!” She said as she giggled.

Daniel laughed as he nodded. “I know! Chunji hyung was so scared.”

“What the hell are you doing here?!” He shouted at her as he stormed over. “You don’t belong here!”

She looked at him shocked. “What are you saying? I just came to hang out with the guys. They like me.”

“Well I don’t!”

“What is your problem.”

He glanced back at Minah and then pointed to her. “Do you see what you did?! You evil little jealous---“

“Hyung!” Jong Hyung said to prevent a fight. “Don’t do this here.” He said looking at the crowed they were attracting. “Take it outside.”

“No!” He shouted as he looked at her with a death glare. “Because you can’t take your “friends” being happy you made me believe I was about to be a father! You knew I wouldn’t tell Minah and that things wouldn’t work from there!”

“So what?” She shouted back as she looked around envious. “I didn’t push her in front of a car!”

“Guys!” Minah yelled wanting the noise to stop.

“You didn’t have to! BECAUSE OF YOUR LIE SHE FELT GUILTY AND WANTED TO MAKE UP WITH ME. BECAUSE OF YOUR OWN SELFISH REASONS SHE RAN INTO THE STREET THAT NIGHT AND GOT HIT! BECAUSE OF YOU SHE WILL NEVER WALK AGAIN!”

Yae Eun gasped as she covered in shock. “N…Never walk again.” She looked over at Minah. “Is that…true….” Minah looked away and her eyes grew teary. “I…I didn’t want you to get hurt like this! I just wanted Chunji oppa to like me.”

Chan Hee walked passed her without a glance. “I hate you.”

“O…Oppa.” She said as her tears began to fall.

The guys shook their head and left as well. “Let’s go.” Byung Hun said as he pushed Minah away. “You’re nothing.” He said simply before pushing her away.

Minah looked back at her as she stood there and cried. The students were talking badly about her. *He didn’t have to yell at her.* She let out a sigh and looked at her legs. *But he just said will never…he believes I’m a lost cause as well.*

When they met back up with the guys the bell had rung. “We’ll see you at lunch right noona?” Chang Hyun said in his cheery voice, the boys knew about the wheelchair when Byung Hun called each of them. “Were so happy to see you.”

“I think I’ll eat alone today.” She said as she looked away. “It gets tiring moving around on my own. I’m gonna head to class. See you Chan Hee oppa…Byung Hun ssi.” She said before leaving alone.

“She seems so depressed.” Daniel said as he sighed. “This is horrible.”

Byung Hun looked down and closed his eyes.