Settling in

Double Trouble (Hyun Family)

'Earth?' Baekhyun turned to Daehyun. 'We can't use our powers here'.

'It will be okay'. Daehyun said as he grabbed Baekhyun's hand. 'You've gone without using your powers before'.

'But, the boys'. Baekhyun looked at Daehyun. 'They're still too young to control their powers. We'll be caught right away'.

'We'll try to find a place without a lot of people to live so we won't stick out'.

'What about my mother?'

'She can stay with us. She's the best babysitter we have for the boys'.

'Yeah, I don't want these strangers watching my babies'.

Baekhyun squeezed Daehyun's hand. 'Let's try to find a place to stay'.

Daehyun nodded and they went over to Mrs. Byun and the boys.

 

Taehyung went over to Baekhyun when he saw him. 

'Eomma?'

'What is it?' Baekhyun smiled at him.

'I'm hungry'.

'We'll get you something to eat'.

Baekhyun took Taehyung's hand and looked at Daehyun.

'What are we going to do? When don't have money to buy anything here'.

Daehyun sighed. He had to take care of his family. After all, they wouldn't be on Earth if it wasn't for him. He was going to fix it no matter what he had to do.

 

Daehyun saw a fast food place nearby and started walking over to it.

'Where are you going?' Baekhyun looked at him confused.

'I'll be right back. I'm just going in here'.

Baekhyun sighed, but kept his eye on the door of the store the whole time making sure nothing happened to Daehyun.

'Eomma...'

Baekhyun looked at Taehyung and saw him grabbing his stomach.

'Hold on, Tae. Appa is trying to get food for you'.

 

Daehyun came back a few minutes later with a bag in his hand. Baekhyun looked at him surprised.

'Here you go son'. Daehyun reached in the bag and gave Taehyung a burger.

'How did you get that without Earth money?' Baekhyun asked.

'I have my ways'. Daehyun smiled at Baekhyun.

'Here'. Daehyun handed Baekhyun a burger from the bag.

Baekhyun took it suspiciously not knowing what to expect since he'd never had Earth food before.

Daehyun finished handing out the food and started eating what was left in the bag.

Baekhyun smiled and rolled his eyes when he saw that Daehyun had more food than anyone else.

'Even on Earth your appetite hasn't changed'.

Daehyun smiled while he finished eating. 'You know I love all food'.

Baekhyun nodded. 'I do. You gave your appetite to Taehyung'.

 

Taehyung finished his food and went over to Daehyun trying to take the last bite of his food.

Daehyun stopped mid-bite and looked over at Taehyung and saw Taehyung eyeing it.

As he held the food in his hand, he saw Taehyung open his mouth waiting for Daehyun to feed him.

Daehyun looked over at Baekhyun who had a smile on his face and was trying not to laugh as Taehyung started climbing on Daehyun trying to reach for the food.

'Ahhhh'. Taehyung still had his mouth open and was staring at Daehyun.

'This is mine'. Daehyun said pulling the food away from Taehyung.

'Ahhhh'. Taehyung gave Daehyun sad eyes as he kept his mouth open.

'I told you, this is mine'.

Taehyung reached up and grabbed Daehyun's arm and pulled on it till the food was in his reach. Then he started eating the food in Daehyun's hand until it was gone.

Daehyun looked at him in shock.

Baekhyun laughed and went over to them and grabbed Taehyung.

'I told you you gave Taehyung your appetite'.

'I'm surprised he left my fingers intact after the way he inhaled the food'.

Taehyung smiled at Daehyun as Baekhyun held him.

 

'So now, what do we do?' Baekhyun asked. 'We need to find a place to stay'.

Baekhyun saw BamBam had fallen asleep in Mrs. Byun's arms.

'We can't stay out here'.

'I know babe'. Daehyun said. 'I'll figure it out'.

'You better figure it out soon cause it's getting dark'.

They slept in the ship that night and Daehyun started looking for work the next morning. He didn't want his family sleeping in the ship for too long.

 

'Eomma'. Taehyung went over to Baekhyun the next day as they waited for Daehyun to come back.

'What is it, Tae?'

'I wanna go home'.

He crawled into Baekhyun's arms. Baekhyun kissed his forehead. 'Me too. But we're going to stay here for awhile'.

'Why?' Taehyung looked at him curiously. 'I like EXO Planet better'.

Baekhyun smiled. 'We need to stay here for awhile. There's some things appa needs to do here'.

Taehyung sighed. 'I don't like it here. I miss my toys'.

Baekhyun smiled and grabbed Taehyung's bag and pulled out some toys for him to play with till Daehyun got back.

Once Taehyung was distracted with his toys, Baekhyun took BamBam from Mrs. Byun and started feeding him and changing him.

'Baek!'

Baekhyun looked up and saw Daehyun walking over to them.

'Get the bags, I got a place to stay'.

'Really?'

'It's a temporary place till I can get something better'.

'Any place is better than that ship'.

Baekhyun and Daehyun grabbed the bags and started walking to their new home.

 

Daehyun led them to a place a few blocks away to a small apartment complex near the park.

Daehyun took them inside and set the bags down. Baekhyun started looking around at the rooms.

'It's smaller than the last place'.

Daehyun sighed. 'I know. It was the best I could do for now'.

Baekhyun went over to him and kissed him. 'It will work for now. You did great'.

Daehyun smiled and kissed him back.

'The boys are going to have to share a room so your mom can have a room to herself'.

'It's fine'.

 

Baekhyun took Taehyung and BamBam's bags to the second room down the hall and started unpacking them.

Taehyung followed Baekhyun into the room and looked around.

'Eomma, what are you doing?'

'This is your new room'. Baekhyun said as he kept unpacking.

Taehyung looked at him confused. 'Why?'

Baekhyun went over to him and kneeled in front on him. 

'Tae, I told you, we're going to be here awhile. So you'll be staying in this room with your brother'.

'I don't wanna share a room with him'.

'I don't care'. Baekhyun looked at him sternly. 'This is the only room we have for the two of you, so you'll have to share'.

Taehyung pouted at Baekhyun.

'Put that lip away'. Baekhyun said. 'It's not going to work'.

'But eomma!'

'Stop it, Taehyung. I'm not going to have this conversation with you again'.

Taehyung crossed his arms and glared at Baekhyun.

Baekhyun eyed him carefully. 'You better not start having one of your temper tantrums. Sharing a room with your brother is not going to kill you'.

'I don't wanna share a room with him. He cries too much'.

'He can't stay with me and appa. Our room is too small for the three of us'.

'Can he stay with halmeoni?'

Baekhyun shook his head. 'Halmeoni needs her own space'.

Taehyung kept glaring at Baekhyun. 'Why do I have to have a brother?'

'Jung Taehyung, stop it right now. You're too old to be acting this way'.

'I don't like BamBam'.

'I'm sorry you feel that way. But he's not going anywhere'.

Baekhyun stood up and went back to unpacking.

 

That night, Baekhyun got the boys ready for bed. Mrs. Byun went to her room and Daehyun waited for Baekhyun in their room.

Baekhyun tucked Taehyung in his bed, then he put BamBam in his crib.

Taehyung glared at them the whole time.

Baekhyun started to leave the room and turned to Taehyung.

'Be good'. He looked at him sternly. 

Taehyung nodded and shut his eyes.

'Goodnight boys. I love you'.

Baekhyun smiled and shut the door then made his way to Daehyun.

 

Daehyun was lying in bed when Baekhyun walked in. Baekhyun changed clothes and got into bed next to Daehyun.

Daehyun put his arm around Baekhyun and kissed the top of his head.

'Are you alright?' Daehyun asked as he rubbed Baekhyun's arm.

'I'm just worried about the boys'.

'They'll be fine'.

'Taehyung told me he doesn't like BamBam. I'm worried Taehyung will do something to him'.

'He knows he'll get in trouble if he hurts BamBam. So I'm sure he won't do anything to him'.

'I hope you're right'.

Daehyun pulled Baekhyun closer to him. 'Hey, stop thinking about it for now. You don't need the stress'.

'It's hard not to stress. I don't want my babies hurt'.

Daehyun kissed Baekhyun's shoulder trying to get him to calm down.

'Dae...'

'Hmm?' Daehyun asked as he kept kissing Baekhyun's shoulder and moved up to his neck.

'How can you always be so calm?'

'Someone has to be so you don't drive yourself crazy'.

Baekhyun smiled at him. 'How did I get so lucky to find such an amazing husband and father?'

'You just happened to be at the right place at the right time'.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him and kissed him. Daehyun kissed him back and got on top of him.

Baekhyun leaned his head back as Daehyun started kissing his neck again and running his hands over his body.

'Dae, should we be doing this now?'

'Why not? We can be quiet'. He said as he kept trailing kisses down Baekhyun's body.

He remembered Taehyung had heard them last time and hoped he wouldn't hear them this time. He just wanted to make love to Baekhyun without worrying about the boys.

Baekhyun layed still on the bed as Daehyun kept kissing him. Baekhyun bit his lip and tried to not make any noise even though he wanted to.

Baekhyun pulled Daehyun to him and kissed him passionately. He pulled at Daehyun's shirt as they kissed.

Daehyun did the same with Baekhyun. Both of them enjoying the moment, their clothes were soon on the floor.

Baekhyun bit the pillow to keep from screaming in pleasure as they made love.

 

'EOMMA!!!!'

Baekhyun opened his eyes at the sound of Taehyung's scream and pushed Daehyun off of him.

Baekhyun heard a loud thud as he got off the bed.

'Sorry honey'. Baekhyun said when he saw Daehyun landed on the floor. 'Are you alright?'

Daehyun nodded. 'I'll be fine. Go!'

Baekhyun grabbed a robe from his bag and put it on.

'EOMMA!!!!'

Baekhyun noticed the lights flickering as he made his way to the boy's room.

 

'What is going on in here?' Baekhyun looked around the room and saw Taehyung next to BamBam's crib.

'Taehyung, stop making the lights flicker'.

'It's not me'.

Baekhyun looked at him confused. 'What do you mean it's not you?'

'I'm not making the lights flicker. I promise'.

Baekhyun went over to BamBam's crib and saw he was turning blue.

Baekhyun quickly picked him up. 'What happened?' Baekhyun looked at Taehyung.

Taehyung shrugged. 'I woke up to the lights flickering and BamBam crying, but he suddenly stopped when I got to the crib'.

 

Baekhyun left the room with BamBam and went to Daehyun.

'Dae!'

'What is it?' Daehyun asked from the bed.

'Something's wrong with BamBam'.

Daehyun got out of bed and saw a blue tinted, motionless BamBam in Baekhyun's arms.

'Get dressed'. Daehyun said.

 

Baekhyun and Daehyun left Taehyung with Mrs. Byun and went to the closest hospital.

The doctors took BamBam back as soon as they saw him in Baekhyun's arms.

Daehyun put his arm around Baekhyun as they waited for an update on BamBam.

'What happened?' Daehyun asked.

Baekhyun shrugged. 'I don't know. BamBam wasn't moving when I went to the boy's room'. Baekhyun looked down at his lap. 'He was fine when I put him in his crib'.

'I'm sure he'll be okay'. Daehyun squeezed his hand.

'I hope so. But I hope the equipment works so they can save BamBam'.

Daehyun and Baekhyun looked at the lights in the hospital and saw they were flickering. But they pretended like they didn't know what was going on as they waited.